Wynkoop Brewing Company
1634 18th St
Denver, CO 80202-1212Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wynkoop Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wynkoop.com/
- Phone: (303) 297-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Michael Carrozza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer event space for every occasion: a casual after-work get together in our billiards room, a productive business day luncheon, the perfect cocktail party or sit down dinner, all set in one of Denver’s most historic public spaces.
- Private Party Contact: Tasha Wall or Hilary Hadden 3032979999x
A word from Wynkoop Brewing Company
Welcome to the place where LoDo began. In 1988, a band of urban pioneers, notably among them Colorado Governor, John Hickenlooper, took a shine to an unlikely building at the corner of 18th and Wynkoop. They wanted to brew beer and foster community. The place and the pioneers were an immediate success. The small-batch beers and the hearty fare replicated an authentic public house. Today, we are honored to be known as a legend. We work equally hard to respect our heritage and to remain relevant in our beautiful Denver home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wynkoop Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Fun, vibrant, and big portionsBigtexDined on 10/30/2014Their beer is made in house and is great. There are a few bar food items but many are great and not overly greasy. The food is worth having. My favorite is their Mac & Cheese which is huge and made, for me, for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good brewery foodfeedme2Dined on 10/28/2014much better than last time i ate here. menu includes creative options. all 6 persons had very good lunches, salads, sandwiches, soups. really a cut above the usual brew pub food. noise level okay for a fun group, however, it was too loud for our lunch meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKF13Dined on 10/17/2014The food was marginal, the best part of the dinner was dessert. My martini was watered down. Just very disappointed.
- Great beer and serviceJillyDined on 10/16/2014The food was good too! We had a group of 6 for dinner and drinks...everything was great. The menu was small but varied. The Wynkoop brewery beer is outstanding!Special Features:
- Wynkoop BreweryMegMcCDined on 10/16/2014Good place for a casual group lunch. Larger groups may have trouble hearing each other; but they do have a private dining space (or two? - you have to ask for it I think). Food was good American bar fare. The waiter was promt and patient with so many individual checks (7). Dining outside would have been a nice experience on the mild day that we went there (but we didn't request that). Still, it has a nice view outdoors of the renewed Union Station and far enough from traffic on the street where you have good people watching without vehicle noise and exhaust.Special Features:
- Chef surpriseJacqueDined on 10/11/2014Our waiter suggested a couple of off the menu items that were exceptional.Special Features:
- Great beer and foodppowers73Dined on 9/23/2014Amazing beer selection with the food to match. Service was great. Server was knowledgeable about all the beers and food including the amazing buffalo short rib special. Great place to eat well and drink some good beer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014What a great way to experience some of Denver. Nice history! Service was great and fun. We enjoyed sampling the beers although would not go for the food alone. Dinner was good, just not the reason to visit. Go to experience the great beer, enjoy the atmosphere and friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedKertyMouseDined on 9/10/2014I booked here for a group business dinner after a great experience last year. It didn't look overly busy and yet our server was always absent. We were booked in a private room and we had to leave the room twice to try and track down a server after ordering our first round of drinks. She seemed very rushed and was not unfriendly but by no means went out of her way to help us with menu selections, etc. The food was rather slow to arrive (over 40 minutes) and the server made no effort to apologize etc and as a matter of fact tried to rush out of the room before we could order more drinks. Very disappointing as this has been one of our favorite place up until now.
- Pretty goodXmasnitesaveVIPDined on 8/31/2014So the beer was really good as expected, the Buffalo Meatloaf was outstanding, but the rest of the dinner was so-so. My wife didn't rave about the fish and chips and our oldest didn't care much for the burger (she called it an Old C's burger). The queso was good for an app. If it were easier to get to, park at, and had a little more on the food options we might go again but alas it is none of those things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!eviolet72Dined on 8/31/2014I went to lunch here with a fairly large group--the service could not have been better. Our waiter was attentive, made great menu recommendations, and even split the check by couples without any hesitation! The food was fantastic, the beer was great, the beer cocktails were delicious, and everything was very reasonably priced. Would highly recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatzalotDined on 8/23/2014The Wynkoop was perfect for my team get-together. They accommodated a table for eight with no problem. The food was reasonably priced, with options for the entire group, including vegetarians. The beers were tasty and the brew pub atmosphere was a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the beersKarenDined on 8/16/2014Go for the beers and stay for the food. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers and BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent selection of a variety of beers. I had the Uber lager, very nice light beer and a buffalo burger. Very good. Would go back again.Special Features:
- Classic BrewpubDedeoDined on 8/9/2014Classic brewpub in Denver. No one greeting us at hostess station...waitperson unhappily seated us - it wasn't busy at the time. Straightforward menu, variety of choices and not overwhelming. Beer selection makes it worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockies pre-gamefamilyfunDined on 8/5/2014We took a group of 10 to Wynkoop before the Rockies game. Had reservations. They were ready for us despite the after work and pre-game crowd. Service was quite good especially in light of the crowd. We had 4 adults and 6 kids; the kids meals were monstrous and came with ice cream. The food ws OK; meat was a little dry (wings, burgers, etc) but fries were good. The beer steals the show! Excellent selection of Wynkoop brews; very fresh. Ambiance is great; good energy! Great place to go for a Rockies pre-game meal. Not too expensive and very convenient to walk right down the street into Coor Field.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Our waitress was not pleasant nor helpful in introducing us to the various beer selections very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Good food.ThomasVIPDined on 7/30/2014Brought a business partner there with 2 coworkers. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Wynkoop Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Good Service, Poor Food QualityDenverlocalDined on 7/26/2014I generally dont write reviews but I wanted Wynkoop to know about our experience. First, our server was good and friendly. However, the food was below average. I ordered the shrimp tacos and the shrimp was undercooked, I sent it back and the new plate was ok. My husband ordered the meatloaf which was mushy and not very fresh tasting. After finishing my Orchard Peach beer, I discovered a thick layer of white goo at the bottom of my glass. The restaurant/bar itself is nice and has a great, fun atmosphere but the food will make us not go back.Special Features:
- Great beers, OK serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014We planned a group of 14 people for late lunch on a Saturday, They didn't have the tables ready for our group till 15 minutes after we showed up on time for the reservation. Waitress was overwhelmed by the number of tables she had to serve in her section and no one else on the staff would help her out with the beer and food service. A simple lunch turned into an 1 hr 45 min affair, most of the time waiting for beer orders to be delivered to our table, that we saw sitting on the bar waiting for her to pick them up. We did love the rail yard beer.Special Features:
- Great dinner before Coors FireworksAuntieCDined on 7/4/2014Everyone was happy with their meals - service was excellent!Special Features:
- Close to Rockies FieldcrusinDined on 7/3/2014A good place before the game since it is so close (4 blocks). Unfortunately, we had a neighboring table with unruly children which was rather unpleasant. The menu is kind of limited. It is a brewpub so beer is limited to theirs.
- not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/2/2014I met some family and friends for dinner on July 2nd. The food was not up to its usual standards and the service was extremely slow. Very disappointed as this used to be one of my favorite places to bring out of town guests.Special Features:
- Great food & Awesome serviceFrog4adayDined on 6/28/2014Group of 6. Waitress was amazing. Beer was delicious (listen to what she recommends!) Food was surprisingly good. Would absolutely recommend this place to others and will dine here again when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was enjoyable. Beer good. Service was fine.Special Features:
- Not bad, not good.DustinDined on 6/21/2014We heard Wynkoop was the first microbrew in Colorado/Denver, so we wanted to check it out. Our group was looking for a local spot with local beer and food, but after looking at the menu (limited, with mostly bar-grub) we decided just to grab a round of drinks and find another place to eat. Our waiter was super-friendly, though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a cleanuplhinlouisvilleDined on 6/21/2014We arrived at 12:30 on a Saturday afternoon. Only three of us. The service was so slow, took for ever to even get a beer and a glass of water. The dividing wall at the end of our booth was dusty & dirty. The carpeting to the downstairs bathroom was very dirty. Once we finally got our food...our beers were gone by the time it arrived, it was okay.Special Features:
- Great Foodhgm74Dined on 6/16/2014The food was wonderful but the service was lacking for a Monday afternoon. The restaurant was pretty empty and our waitress was only there a few times. It took 20 minutes just to get our order put in. My husband had to find her and let her know we were ready to order. My family was in from out of town and I thought we would show them a different type of brewery with good good. They were impressed with the beer and food, just not our service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beer but...GrandavegirlVIPDined on 5/17/2014We loved the food and the beer of course! But first no one came and after I asked the host he brought us water. Then another server came to take our drink order. The we finally got our real server and it was fine but the she disappeared when we wanted the bill. But food was really good. Asian wings! Lamb sandwich! Plus the beers are great. B3K! But maybe sit at the bar?Special Features:
- Family Dinner after GraduationtraveldinerDined on 5/5/2014In looking for a dining spot that was not outrageously expensive and was unique to Denver, Wynkoop Brewing Company was perfect. Great unique dishes and local brews. Our server Randy was friendly and knowledgeable in helping us order food and brews!Special Features:
- Burgers good but not much else.DaveFromLittletonDined on 5/4/2014Our group went there to eat because of the reputation for fried chicken. That is no longer on the menu. The chicken that is there was dry. The bratwurst sandwich was not very good. The burgers are pretty good. At this point, I think the main reason to go there is for the beer and the entertainment but not the food. We won't go back as a family group to eat there. The service was very good! Overall, I think it says a lot about their restaurant when it was empty even after a Rockies baseball game next door.Special Features:
- reservationschickengirlDined on 4/23/2014I was very happy to find a restaurant near Coors field that takes reservations on game day. I had a tight schedule and needed to make sure I was not gulping my food to avoid being late. We had a great lunch and no problems. The food was very good and the staff were friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- The food was amazingBusinessLunchGirlDined on 4/20/2014Everything was top notch; the food definitely distinguished the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go backjdnycDined on 4/5/2014over and over. Went following Rockies game. Great food and festive atmosphere plus quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceSarahNDined on 4/4/2014We went here for dinner on a Friday night. I made a reservation but was surprised that there was still no wait and we probably could've gotten seated right away without one. The beers we tried were good, as was the food. Service was quick and attentive. It was definitely a good experience for our first time trying a brewery in Denver. We would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bar with a sorry restaurantMrsTDined on 4/4/2014I went to Wynkoop on Rockies opening day. That was my mistake. However, the host seating us in a closed section was his mistake. We had to return to the host stand to request service and then another host approached our table and somewhat snidely asked if we had seated ourselves. We told her we had not, indicated who had, and she persisted with her issues about the section being closed. WE offered to move and she relented and said a server would be right there. It became extremely loud in there and became challenging to hear each other. Our food was pretty good but nothing I couldn't find elsewhere. Overall, it was "meh".Special Features:
- Rockies Home Opening DayShortyDined on 4/4/2014We made reservations the day before knowing Opening day was going to be crazy busy everywhere. We were glad we did , we waited 10 minutes inline and then another 5 minutes to be seated. Had we not had reservations I hear it was an hour wait. They were using a condensed mention, understandable. We tried the Cheese burger with regular fries and the Bison hot dog with sweet potato fries. Everything was cooked to order which was amazing givin Opening day. Everything tasted good highly recommend the sweet potato fries great flavor. The Bison dog was more like a Kosher dog, I expected more bison flavor, it was good just not what I expected. Over all we were glad we spent our time at the Wynkoop Brewery on Opening Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opening DayJessDined on 4/4/2014This was a great place for Rockies Opening day. The menu was set (which I understand, but was kind of disappointed) and most of their options were very good.Special Features:
- Great service and food!MandiDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I visited Wynkoop this weekend to celebrate his upcoming birthday. Our food was great and our service was amazing! At the end of our meal we ordered a dessert to take home and even though we hadn't mentioned that it was almost my husband's birthday our sever gave us the dessert for free. What a great, unexpected surprise. We will absolutely be returning here in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingBlkdog71Dined on 3/18/2014The service and food (and beer) are always wonderful at Wynkoop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.