Writer's Bistro at the Renaissance
31 Woodfin Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Writer's Bistro at the Renaissance
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8282103022
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 1:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jessie Teasdale
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Dining Room at the Writer's Bistro is the perfect setting for an intimate dinner with friends, a wedding rehearsal dinner or a celebration of any kind. Reserve our Private Dining Room for your special event and we'll make it a meal to remember!
- Private Party Contact: Silvio 8282193022
A word from Writer's Bistro at the Renaissance
Farm to Table dining with a variety of local flavor and ingredients. Inspired by North Carolina's rich literary history. Our restaurant offers a casual chic environment to enjoy a meal with the freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Writer's Bistro at the Renaissance reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- By far the worst food ever eaten!theparkersDined on 8/30/2014We ordered the porterhouse pork chop and I'm quite certain it was pre-grilled and frozen and all they did was reheat it. It had the most peculiar texture and the color was a bit off-putting. The tomato purée that was along side it may as well have been canned tomato sauce - but I think I've tasted better canned tomato sauce. The kale was yellow! And tasted too vinegary. The chicken dish came a top what I believe was supposed to be risotto, but I'm still not sure what that was. It had a gravy sloppily poured over the top of everything with bits of what I thought were mushrooms but had more of meat-like texture. It all tasted a bit like black licorice. I was very happy that the hotel comped our meal without any hassle.
- Perfect Pre-Theatre Dinner LocationXmasfor4Dined on 6/7/2014Remodel was exactly the face-lift needed! Warm, friendly atmosphere, waitstaff was attentive & food was delicious--we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Writer's Bistro at the Renaissance reviews archive.
- We leftJuliettzDined on 10/25/2013It was a typical restaurant attached to a swank hotel. We did not eat the food, so in all fairness it may have been great, it just didn't have the atmosphere we were looking for.
- Service was poor and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Service was poor and the food was bland. The decor was exceptional but noise from an event going on in the hotel was substantial. Overall a major disappointment.
- Pleasant experienceHoylakeVIPDined on 2/16/2013The menu is limited, but was varied. The food quality and quantity was good and fair value for money. Our server was chatty and efficient. The wine list was limited and they had run out of the wine we wanted, but the substitute wine was OK. Overall, we had a good experience, especially as we were hotel residents at the time and it was cold, snowy and windy outside!