Wright's at the Biltmore
2400 E Missouri
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Wright's at the Biltmore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arizonabiltmore.com/
- Phone: 6029556600x2556
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday through Saturday Night from 6pm-9:30pm
Sunday Brunch from 10am-2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colin Rupp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Areas ~ Our Wine Cellar boasts over 3500 wines and comfortably seats 10 guests. You and your guests will enjoy a dining experience with complete privacy surrounded by some of the world’s best wines. Our Private Dining Room is perfect for groups anywhere from 10 – 20 guests. The room is isolated from the restaurant with floor to ceiling windows. The room is decorated with Fredrick Remington figures The entire Wright’s at the Biltmore restaurant may be booked exclusively for up to 100 guests. We look forward to assisting you in planning your event. To assist with the dining experience we ask that groups larger than twelve utilize our special group menus. All menus are four course menus with entrée selections. Our team will be able to match wines to compliment and enhance your evening.
- Private Party Contact: Nikki Jo Middlebrook 6029556600x2740
- Entertainment: Live music Friday and Saturday nights 8pm-11pm in the Wright Bar
- Special Events: Check out Wright's for the Holidays! Wright's culinary team develops creative and delicious special menu every Holiday. Be sure to check us out for your next Holiday gathering!
A word from Wright's at the Biltmore
The signature restaurant of the historic Arizona Biltmore resort, Wrights prepares classic favorites – but reinvented for today’s tastes. Wright’s skilled chefs have taken original recipes of classic dishes and refreshed them with innovative touches and the latest culinary trends to create timeless cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wright's at the Biltmore reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (25)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (8)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Very enjoyableCraigDined on 10/12/2013Went here for our sixth wedding anniversary; we had thought about trying Wright's for awhile and finally took the plunge. No regrets, definitely one of my favorite higher end dining establishments we've been in the Phoenix metro-area. Service was fantastic, food was great, and the hostess ended up making sure we got a special desert to help us celebrate. Lots of nice little touches all around also. We'll definitely consider coming back in the future. Trying the Beef Wellington; it was excellent (and honestly, part of the reason we came since it's not the easiest menu item to find and quite the treat when done well).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceZoniDined on 10/6/2013I was entertaining my previous employer who had come to visit me from Michigan. I don't think there is a better place to go in Phoenix that represents both our past and our present history. The staff of this hotel is so gracious and dignified. From the valets to hostesses to wait staff.... Everyone was so amazing. I think the experience my guests had at Wright's was the best way to top off their vacation. I told everyone I know how wonderful our experience was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was absolutely amazing.LarryCDined on 10/4/2013Words don't describe the sheer enjoyment we experienced our last night in Phoenix. Everything from the food to the service. Top notch!Special Features:
- Wright's is the right choicepeterjohnDined on 9/28/2013Given the fantastic architectural setting of the Baltimore Mansion, Wright's restaurant is an excellent dining experience, especially for that special occasion.Special Features:
- Up Scale and worth a trySilverAnniversaryguestDined on 9/28/2013As would be expected this is truly a high end establishment. From Service which was excellent to the food which likewise was beyond expectations, this made a wonderful dinner to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We had the Chef's tasting. About $70 per person with a nice four course dinner. Everything was presented showing true care in preparation and plating. Service was constant but not intrusive. Flavors were spot on and temps were accurate. We dined on the patio, and enjoyed the cheerful playing of young folks in the pool area across the hedge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parGISproDined on 9/27/2013Atmosphere was only so so. Service was excellent. Attentive, but not hovering or bothersome for those of us who like to take our time and savor our meals and company. Food was only ok. They seemed to stretch what flavors and textures would compliment each other for the sake of using fancy culinary terminology, but it just didn't do it for us. Perhaps it was a bad night for the chefs.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceLuluDined on 9/27/2013We were celebrating my husband's birthday, and it was the perfect way to celebrate. My husband and I loved it. The waitress was so warm and welcoming, but not over the top. She knew when to check in and when to give extra time. All of the support wait staff were also very helpful and friendly. I honestly thought that it would be a very snooty or snobby atmosphere being at the Biltmore but it wasn't at all. We would definitely come again to celebrate another special evening. The beef wellington and the halibut oscar were exceptional, and the ambiance was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week22tangoDined on 9/25/2013We wanted to try Wright's for restaurant week and we were not disappointed. We had a private booth that was lovely. However the hotel had a convention and the bar outside was filled to capacity so it was a bit noisy. The food was delicious and the chef surprised us with a little amuse bouche tasting and raspberry cotton candy at the end of the meal. Quite unexpected but fun. Our waitress, Paige was wonderful. It's always fun to walk around the Biltmore, especially after a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Limited brunchpmt2Dined on 9/8/2013Limited brunch selections, even with the buy up of hot plates. They don't offer traditional breakfast items if you're looking to get omelets or bacon, for example. Overall, not bad but I prefer other hotels' brunches for more variety and value (such as carving stations and omelet stations). My idea of going out to a fancy Sunday brunch includes dressing nicely. That wasn't the case with some staff and diners who were wearing casual shorts and T-shirts. That took away from the otherwise nice ambience for me.
- Great food, great servicechaswillDined on 9/7/2013Nicely appointed dining room, varied menu, excellent service. Dinner portions just the right size, not overwhelming. Food excellent. Nice wine list, sommelier offered great suggestions. Never felt rushed. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was disappointing forRickVIPDined on 9/7/2013Food was disappointing for a very expensive restaurant in the Valley.
- We celebrated my birthdayJjw0605Dined on 9/7/2013We celebrated my birthday on Saturday. We had an excellent table at the back of the restaurant that was nice and quiet. Our waiter, James was nice and very attentive. The steaks and seafood get rave reviews from our crowd. This is great restaurant to celebrate special occaisions in.Special Features:
- Tasty food but way over priced!ScottsdaleStu6VIPDined on 9/6/2013We have gone to Wrights at least a half dozen times over the past two years. We always enjoyed our dinner. Tonight was not really an exception BUT.....yes need a big BUT. Salads were fine, for dinner we both ordered the wonderful lobster thermidor. The dish was really skimpy for close to $50 for each. Served shelled, (out of shell), each of us had just one claw and a half of lobster tail, yes half. The lobster was probably a 1 1/12 pounder. So that means we each had about a HALF of that size lobster. I don't know what happened. After a nice dessert, I left really hungry. At these prices I expect great food with a bit more on my plate.Special Features:
- Boo summer menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2013We are from out of state snd always make it a priority to go to wrights for dinner. This time we invited 3 friends so there were 5 of us. We were really hyping it, as we were so excited ourselves. so disappointing to find that a couple of our favorite things, which we thought were staples on the menu, were not on it for summer. These were the lobster bisque and the beet salad. We thought the bisque was a constant. The rest of our food was fine. The "Cobb" was waaaay to small and shouldn't even be under the salad category, as there was no lettuce. Our server warned us about this, so I expected there to be quite a bit of everything else. Not the case! $$ and small. Many patrons are from out of town so keep some things constant for visitorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2013Brunch at Wrights has always been delicious perfection and yet they managed to raise the bar. I am allergic to dairy so I was limited to some dishes ... this time I had so many seafood selections!! THANK YOU for the change! TSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful - Absolutely Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013The weekend brunch was one of the finest my wife and I have experienced! The service was flawless and the food was simply breathtaking. The selection of cold and hot dishes was extensive and delicious. I would highly recommend Wright's to anyone in the Phoenix area, or even further because it would be worth the drive. We stayed at the Biltmore, so it was that much easier to go downstairs for a great and easy going brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent first timeServiceDined on 8/31/2013Tom was very knowledgeable and helpful in wine pairing and food selection suggestions. Friendly service by the rest of the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerPetewashereDined on 8/31/2013The food was fantastic. The service was also very good. They were pleasant and knowledgeable about theeny items. The soufflé is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night at Wright'sKDArizonaDined on 8/31/2013An absolutely fabulous evening dinner. Great atmosphere, fantastic service, delectable food and a special treat with you bill! Would recommend this restaurant especially if celebrating a special event!Special Features:
- Wright's Impressed!ausblueDined on 8/31/2013Fabulous (although limited) menu. Halibut and Duck dishes were over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPitchouneVIPDined on 8/30/2013We had amazing diner, we the selection of the chef with 4 courses. The scallop was amazing melting in the mouth, followed by a Caesar,then the fish another amazing dish. Followed by a blueberry desserts, I had the amazing gran mariner soufflé. Then the cotton candy. A memorable evening, quite a few people but you did not wait . Service was excellent and the timing was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing brunchPitchouneVIPDined on 8/25/2013The room is Amazing, the food was better than great, the buffet is full of small dishes which make it easier to try everything.The seafood excellent, sea scallops delicious. The cold cuts and cheese where great. The salad was neatly packed in a small little bush style. Then we added the hot entries for another 10$ , just on fee for te 10 to try. We loved the wright.benecdict, the salmon, the earl grey waffle and the chicken. All amazing could not try the 10 choices as we still had dessert to try which was also amazing, small size so you could try a few different one. Overall a amazing brunch, The staff was very friendly and always ready to help, guide ,clean. It is the brunch to do when in Phoenix, never disappointed.Special Features:
- Classy dinnerSRC1VIPDined on 8/24/2013Enjoyed our dinner especially the halibut Oscar. Great service. Always a treat to be in the Biltmore hotel. Nothing like it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FoodMrAS3Dined on 8/24/2013The food was amazing. We were celebrating a special occasion. Every course was perfect. The service and ambience added to a memorable dining experience. We plan to return soon. Especially for the duck and Beef Wellington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wright's makes it special!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2013The food and service is always exceptional at Wright's and the atmosphere is romantic. Always a favorite spot for my husband and I and we especially LOVE their souffles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb settingguestDined on 8/16/2013Wonderful experience in a Frank Lloyd Wright designed venue, great choice of quality food and wine, small quantities though even for a moderately hungry guest, waiting staff very attentive and discreet, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2013Paige was excellent, great service all the way around. The Halibut was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly fit for foodiesLuxDiningVIPDined on 8/14/2013The one place you can recommend to your difficult foodies friends ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2013This is a nice restaurant. Since a remodel it's less dated and much more visually appealing. The food is mostly good..some dishes more like fair. It's a nice place to go..not the best in the area...but nice.Special Features:
- Still enjoyable - even years afterNewFavoritePlaceVIPDined on 8/4/2013Still enjoyable! They have scaled the selections back over the years. This trip the selections were still very nice, the seafood selection could be better. Banquet shrimp is not very appealing with its bright orange color and frozen state. The additional hot items were very tasty, not all were worth the ten dollar up charge. But you are at the Biltmore and the quality is definitely still present. Just think that the extra few dollars are going to a step into the past. We will continue to experience the Biltmore a few more times during the year - Especially during the Holiday Season....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for quiet AnniversardinnerJhtfwDined on 8/3/2013Very low key and quiet atmosphere. Perfect if you enjoy conversation with your date. Food and wine was very good. Service was exellent but there were not a lot of guests for a Saturday night. For some reason the wine by the glass seemed to be a better deal than by the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrights Right On The MarkTravelinMan26VIPDined on 7/27/2013Our dinner at Wrights was outstanding from the food to the service. Excellent Beef Wellington if you are a meat person. Ask for the booth right past the hostess stand on the right and you will have your own sanctuary for dining - very private and cozy. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionthedyersDined on 7/20/2013We absolutely love Wright's. Every morsel is exquisite, and you can't go wrong with their wine list. The atmosphere is perfect for whatever you're celebrating: romance, friendly get-togethers, business. And you're surrounded by the magical FLLW-style architecture and touches. To us, an evening at Wright's is our time to step into another era for a few hours. We start with a retro cocktail ... sidecar, manhattan, martini, champagne cocktail. Dinner is always perfection itself. After-mealtime is just as special, and there are great options, depending on our mood: music in the lobby piano bar, a wander the hotel to look at the displays, lounge at the outside fire pits, wander around the grounds, fireworks on Saturday nights. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance in the DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2013The ambience was stunning; the beautiful architecture of this venue is very sophisticated. The service was excellent and food preparation exquisite.Special Features:
- Kudos to Wright'sOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/14/2013Fantastic ambiance. Juan was extremely attentive ensuring that every detail was taken care of so that we would have the perfect morning brunch. Libations are not included. The fresh seafood is superb. We did not see the oysters and indicated by the staff, but the shrimp, crab and scallops were perfect in every aspect. The desserts looked perfect if you can eat sugar desserts (but fresh fruit is an option there) I would recommend this restaurant for individuals who would like to relax, connect with their partner or friends. This is not a place to take children and especially those children that do not know how to conduct themselves in public and have parents that do not know how to instruct their children on how to behave in public.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2013This is a beautiful restaurant that will be considered for special occasions only because of the prices. The room is beautiful and the food was delicious. We had halibut, which was cooked to perfection. We appreciated a special birthday message written in chocolate on the soufflé we had for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday BrunchNattyBDined on 7/7/2013On our recent trip to Phoenix, we stopped at Wright's for Sunday brunch on our way in from the airport. Great decision. While the cold bar is very satisfying and quite delicious, the hot entrees, for an additional charge of $10 for any or all of the entrees, is a must. Brunch was so good the first Sunday of our trip that we returned the following Sunday. Highly recommend Wright's!
- The service is first classDK123Dined on 7/4/2013The service is first class and the food is good (not outstanding), but I would expect it to be excellent all around. I ordered the oysters on the half shell and they were great, but my Salmon was not a super dish. My wife had the Waldorf salad (very good) and the beef wellington (good) so we were pleased overall. They do serve cotton candy with the bill so that is a nice finishing touch. I would rate the experience as very good because they are attentive and the location is also very convenient to the resort.
- FabulousEastcoastfoodieDined on 6/23/2013Went for brunch. What you would expect from the Biltmore in terms of ambiance and service. Our waiter, Jon was very attentive and ensured that we wanted for nothing. The cold buffet wa phenomenal, but the small hot plates were inconsistent. The lobster Benedict was sensational but the chicken was dry; the oyster was underwhelming; and the chocolate waffle was clearly meant for children. The shrimp alone was worth the trip as well as the vanilla bean brûlée. Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGoodeaterVIPDined on 6/21/2013We had great service, great cocktails and great food!! Will definitely go back next time we are in Phoenix!Special Features: