WP24 by Wolfgang Puck
900 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
WP24 by Wolfgang Puck
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/57129
- Phone: 2137438824
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Sunday – Thursday, 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. Friday & Saturday, 5 p.m. - 11 p.m. Dining Room: Monday – Thursday, 5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. Friday & Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Executive Chef: John Lechleidner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Our private dining room accommodates up to 40 guests.
A word from WP24 by Wolfgang Puck
Esquire Magazine - One of the Best New Restaurants of 2010! Food & Wine Magazine - One of the Best New Restaurants in America! Los Angeles Times - Three Stars! Enjoy spectacular views of downtown Los Angeles and the surrounding city while dining at WP24 Restaurant & Lounge, master chef Wolfgang Puck's restaurant on the 24th floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles. Offering Puck's signature take on modern Chinese cuisine, WP24 features a more formal culinary experience in the main dining room and a more casual menu in the expansive lounge where guests can enjoy Asian small plates, sushi and nigri. Wine aficionados can appreciate an extensive list of more than 400 labels, a selection of sake and Asian-inspired cocktails. Join us and see what the critics and our guests are raving about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
WP24 by Wolfgang Puck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
WP24 by Wolfgang Puck reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (55)special occasion (47)romantic (42)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (18)notable wine list (17)late-night find (10)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014love it---we go once a year its very special, perfect-- and the ambience in wonderful. Food is Fantastic !!!! everything is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerAnniversarymealtodieforDined on 10/16/2014A romantic special restaurant! Food was exceptional! Downtown views to the Pacific! Outstanding In all ways!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King Crab special at WP24CarolDined on 10/14/2014Outstanding presentation of a live king crab prior to dining. Several courses all very different with king crab - tasty, spicy, more than 6 people can eat; would have liked to see crab ceviche as appetizer as many of the dishes were full of other ingredients which sometimes overlooks the crab. Would definitely recommend this for a group dining experience!!Special Features:
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/9/2014Not a bad meal by any stretch of the imagination....but nothing noteworthy, either. Food was okay, but nothing special, and the service wias kind of slow. Much more the type of meal I'd expect for $50, not the $300 it actually cost.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDiningtravelerDined on 10/7/2014I had a business dinner at WP24. The view was amazing, Downtown L.A. with a full moon. I took the two entrées and one main course option. The food was excellent, as well as the wine pairing. Asian cuisine, with some spicy tasting. The dinner was on a Tuesday, and the restaurant was half empty. We were able to talk comfortably, and did not get to hear anything from the neighboring tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014I celebrated my 31st birthday here. The food was mouthwatering good. Our waiter(Jordan) did an outstanding job. He did everything to make me feel special on my day. Thanks so much Jordan and Chef for a wonderful service. I am excited about my next dinner date there!💖💞💝💖Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014Everything about our evening at WP24 was well executed. We were seated immediately, despite being rather early for our reservation. The view is spectacular. The service was attentive and timely, and the food was very good. If I were to find any fault, it would be that the food was perhaps a little conventional, and I might have expected more experimentation with flavors and combinations in such an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Spectacular!gimmemoreDined on 9/13/2014Took my mom here for a birthday dinner while she was visiting from New York. She's been to many of the best restaurants there, and she declared that this was one of the best places at which she has ever dined. I agree! Stunning decor, delicious food, friendly and professional staff, and an incredible view high atop downtown LA make for one of LA's (if not the country's) most fabulous restaurants!Special Features:
- Outstanding downtown restaurantlavisitor1Dined on 9/10/2014Starting with the 24th floor as you walk through the beautiful bar area there's no doubt you are in for a treat. The food is innovative, beautifully prepared and presented and the service is just right. At $80 prix fixe for 3 courses this is not an inexpensive evening, but definitely worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations surpassedJDMDNDined on 9/6/2014Just what I expected from Wolfgang Puck's Asian-themed restaurant 24 levels above the city skyline; perfect food, service, and ambiance. The killer view is just icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A powerful Puck experience!PDSdinesoutDined on 9/6/2014Asian fusian done Wolfgang Puck style - full of flavor and deceptively elegant for a Hotel location!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014great service, great view, really enjoyed dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WP24…food not that uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014Atmosphere and service were outstanding. I love the food at WP's Chinois and this food was very much like that….I was expecting something different. Several of the dishes at WP24 were almost the same as those at Chinois.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again.UnhappyCustomerDined on 9/3/2014The bar area is so noisy my date & I could not hear one another speak while sitting next to each other in a booth! The food was so salty I could barely eat it. The waiter added two items to the bill that had not been ordered, they were later removed. Food & service do not match the price. We will not revisit the Ritz Carlton location.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationNmanriquebDined on 8/27/2014It was an amazing night with spectacular view and great ambiance. The attention was friendly and the best part was the food. So exquisite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good, the service excellent. The view could be spectacular, but I wish they had washed the windows. It was quite the distractiom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view - ok foodfoodloverlaDined on 8/16/2014First thing we noticed was that there wasn't any music playing and so basically a stale room with no ambiance. We were told after asking that the music player was broken. At $80/head plus drinks etc. this is pretty unacceptable. The service was excellent. The food was just okay. I wouldn't rave about anything specific. For the money I would go to Melisse.Special Features:
- Great choicePalominosDined on 8/9/2014Everything was perfect to celebrate my daughters birthday, our waiter was engaging and helpful, food was beautifully plated. Awesome viewSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceJcjanecDined on 8/6/2014We dined early evening (6 p.m.) and had the dining room to ourselves. Food and service as well as ambiance were amazing.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary Dinner at WP24JamesB0077Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time to done at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck. We were happy we celebrated our 11th anniversary there. The view was fantastic, the servers were friendly and attentive, and the food was terrific and delicious! We had their signature Peking Duck. Yum yum! The Happy Anniversary message written around our dessert plates was a very nice touch. We definitely will be dining there again. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality on the top floorGreatnightoutDined on 7/31/2014We selected this restaurant for a special occasion and went with high hopes.... We were not disappointed. We arrived about 15 minutes early and were shown to the bar for cocktails, which were excellent. When we were escorted to our table we were very impressed with the location and view. We were seated in the corner table with stunning skyline views of LA Downtown on both sides. The restaurant appeared to be quiet which created a nice intimate feel. The food was beautiful and the staff could not have been more polite or helpful. My wife has a nut allergy, and despite the extensive use of nuts on the menu they helped us to find plenty of options. We would definitely recommend this top class restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening, but too dark.Socaltravelgal69Dined on 7/31/2014Beautiful restaurant and food was very good! However, the restroom was very inconveniently located-- not good for older people. But the spectacular viewmakes up for all of that--just stunning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningCruzfoolVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was an amazing experience, from the location on the 24th floor of the Ritx Carlton, to the service and food - all were outstanding in everyway. Im used to fine dining but have got to say that WP24 hits the ball way, way, out of the park in every way.Special Features:
- ehFinedinerDined on 7/25/2014The food was okay. The service was okay. I had better service at cafe carnation in disneyland. The only thing nice about this restaurant was the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewbeelaDined on 7/25/2014The duck and quail dishes were very good. The appetizers were tasty and unique. The only thing i noticed is that there were not many vegetable dishes that were vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticDreamer8Dined on 7/17/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Love the atmosphere great food too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014We really enjoyed our dinner! The service was incredible, the view was beautiful, and the food was delicious! We stayed in the hotel on the 24th floor so this couldn't have been more convenient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is a amazing and beautiful, great service!Special Features:
- you are paying for the viewmarkyDined on 6/25/2014The restaurant was nice . The view is fantastic . The food was nice . The service was adequate but not great for the price . Average 150.00 per person with two drinks each . The service while friendly and polite was not really top notch . We had to wait to have plates cleared , water refilled , drinks delivered . I would not recommend nor will I go back . I don't mind spending the money on a great meal and I have eaten in some of the best restaurants around the world but this was not great value .Special Features:
- The following 571 reviews are from the WP24 by Wolfgang Puck reviews archive.
- got engagedgotengagedDined on 6/20/2014I got engaged at this restaurant so I have very fond memories. Love it here and will never forget this moment. Thank you for helping my new fiance pull off the perfect proposal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceKSBODined on 6/20/2014The only good thing I can say about WP24 was that the service was decent. The food was incredibly disappointing. My husband and I both had upset stomachs after eating there. The food was practically inedible. It tasted like grease. I had a beef stir fry that had very few pieces of meat and the rest of the plate was a bunch of fried leaves (still not sure what kind because they just tasted greasy - possibly spinach). My husband barely ate his fish, pretty much inedible. The appetizers were spicy but ok. But most of the food was aweful. The best part of my entree was the steamed white rice. Unfortunately this disaster cost $300. So upsetting. I am contemplating calling the manager to let the know that the experience was terrible.
- Disappointed LocalaaronkDined on 6/20/2014Wolf Gang has lost a step and a shame with great views and poor food offering not to mention over priced which you do not mind normally if food was exceptional which not even close. Stay away!
- MixedJPAndersonVIPDined on 6/18/2014My family were seated at the Nest which had a phenomenal view of downtown LA. The food was excellent and staff accommodating for my son s food allergies. However, I felt the food was extremely overpriced for the quality. As an enophile I brought my own bottle only to find out the corkage was very steep. If you are willing to pay high cost for the view and Puck's namesake for palatable food...be my guest.Special Features:
- LocationAlohattDined on 6/17/2014Location,location ,it's about being at a accessible location,down town LA I had forgotten about this location, especially from the 24 th floor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Huge Disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/14/2014If you want a spectacular view of Downtown LA, then go to Takami on Wilshire Blvd. There's an $80 minimum per person for the 3 course prix fixe menu in the main dining room. It would've been nice had that been mentioned when they call you to confirm your reservation. Nest, the casual dining option and lounge, is a glorified sports bar with dirty table tops when 90% of the place is empty. The food choices looked like it came from a P.F. Chang's menu. The bar couldn't even get our drink order right. I asked for a Bombay Sapphire Gibson and my server brought over a Gimlet. Instead of bringing class and sophistication to the area, The Ritz-Carlton has completely let go of their high standards to be like every other establishment at LA Live.
- Puck's New restaurantbgnsoVIPDined on 6/14/2014I have wanted to dine here for quite sometime now and finally went this past Saturday evening. Decor was exceptional, view - outstanding, service - very good, Klauss was very helpful. Food was much less than I thought it would be. Very disappointed in the dish I had, duck. Not a lot of taste, but also not greasy, rare in duck dishes. We were a party of six, and no one at the table was delighted with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItsMeDined on 6/14/2014Over priced average food - I think 50% of the price was for the view - 10% for the service - 40% for the food. Ruth Chris or Donovan's (San Diego) is much better value.Special Features:
- Beautiful View RestaurantFoodFanDined on 6/9/2014Happy that an accessible downtown restaurant with a view, however pricey. Interesting menu choices, nice clean (not mooey, all ingredients identifiable) Chinese food. Swell service.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Food was amazing! Showed up starving, and the food was still more than enough. The view was amazing! The only negative thing was that we had to wait about 15 min for our table because they "had to clear the table", but when we walked in, the place was about 85% empty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday NightLH123Dined on 5/24/2014There were four people in our group. I was the only person in the group that had eaten at WP24 previously. We all decided to have the 3 course meal. We were surprised how quickly our first course was served, so we figured the same would hold true for our main entrée, wrong. It took about 45 minutes from the time we received our first course for the main entrée to be served. During that time no one, other than the person pouring our water came by the table. Finally after about 40 minutes I flagged down one of the servers that kept zooming by our table to inquire about our food. She apologized for the wait and we were served about 5 minutes later. The food was excellent, but the 45 minute wait between courses wasn't.Special Features: