WP24 by Wolfgang Puck
900 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
WP24 by Wolfgang Puck
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/57129
- Phone: (213) 743-8824
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Sunday – Thursday, 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. Friday & Saturday, 5 p.m. - 11 p.m. Dining Room: Monday – Thursday, 5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. Friday & Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Executive Chef: John Lechleidner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Our private dining room accommodates up to 40 guests.
A word from WP24 by Wolfgang Puck
Esquire Magazine - One of the Best New Restaurants of 2010! Food & Wine Magazine - One of the Best New Restaurants in America! Los Angeles Times - Three Stars! Enjoy spectacular views of downtown Los Angeles and the surrounding city while dining at WP24 Restaurant & Lounge, master chef Wolfgang Puck's restaurant on the 24th floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles. Offering Puck's signature take on modern Chinese cuisine, WP24 features a more formal culinary experience in the main dining room and a more casual menu in the expansive lounge where guests can enjoy Asian small plates, sushi and nigri. Wine aficionados can appreciate an extensive list of more than 400 labels, a selection of sake and Asian-inspired cocktails. Join us and see what the critics and our guests are raving about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
WP24 by Wolfgang Puck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
WP24 by Wolfgang Puck reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (65)special occasion (55)fit for foodies (40)romantic (39)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (17)notable wine list (17)good for groups (14)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- WP24OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Would recommend for ambiance and city night view. Food was good and served hot. However, what drew us in that evening was their Skyline Menu, which is valid for evenings with events at either Staples Center or Nokia theatre. Although I was glad they accommodated, the website should have been clear about the specific times this menu is valid. I don't believe it should have come down to me requesting for it, especially when I had called earlier to confirm. I had been to this restaurant before and that night I didn't want to be made to feel cheap. Also, upon making the reservation, I had mentioned the evening was for an anniversary occasion. But besides the greeting upon arrival, there was no other acknowledgment of the occasion. I just felt that they cared more about their bottom line than to making the occasion special. If they were more inclined to cater more to the customer's needs, I may have been inclined to spend more than what I was going to already spend. oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to entertain clients. Fixed price menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014Expensive fixed price menu. You are paying for the views and the stunning decore. Appetizers and mains are good if you stick to the direction of the wait staff. Desert is included. Our table of 6 ordered a variety of deserts. All looked very appealing but tasted odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedBloodyBillDined on 11/8/2014Easy to get to , great view which is fun, very good service, food was surprisingly good as in many big chef named restaurants the experience is more the scene and food can sometimes be secondary ....especially when one eats real Chinese food ....Duck was fantastic good ambiance, good buzz , impressed when the front desk was able to give me the LSU / Alabama result even if it was bad news.....I'd go back!Special Features:
- luvegreatfoodDined on 11/5/2014My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our outing at WP. The view was fantastic and the food was great both in presentation and taste. Being big fans of Asian cooking, we were not disappointed. The service was exceptional. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- 1st TimerStandclrDined on 11/5/2014This was my 1st at WP24. The view was amazing. The food was quite delicious. Portions are small but filling (probably what a normal portion size should be). The staff takes their time with everything, you will not feel rushed at all.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner @ WP24GoodEatsDined on 11/1/2014Husband and I dined at WP24 on November 1 for our anniversary. We were escorted through the lively scene at The Nest and into WP24. Captivating scene and view. Stellar wait staff. Not concerned much with the price. I recognize the ambiance, the view, and the venue being located in the Ritz Carlton, dictates a higher price. The best presentation of the food provided was by far the dessert. The disappointment was overhearing the music from The Nest the entire time we were dining in WP24. This was our anniversary celebration. Expected a more subdued ambiance, and a different selection of music. If we had wanted an active bar scene we would have paid a lesser cost and dined at The Nest.Special Features:
- ALGDALGDDined on 10/31/2014Always consistent great food and service. Choices of wine and appetizers/side dishes in addition to pre fixe menu is a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GreatCraigHVIPDined on 10/29/2014I don't know why I thought Chinese from Wolfgang Puck would be strange, but it was great. After a maze-like arrival to the elevators and through the huge club-like bar to the restaurant, buried way in the back, things improved (though the 80s New Wave Hitz on the restaurant background audio system was an odd selection). Food, though: amazing. We had spring rolls (fried) and "Tiny Dumplings" made with pork belly and black vinegar that came out with some little chef nibbles that were excellent. Our mains were even better: "General Tso" glazed quail (huge portion) and Hot Pot wagyu beef short ribs. We skipped dessert, but the specialty cocktails were fantastic and expertly prepared as well. Well worth the visit.Special Features:
- AnniversaryDAsay88Dined on 10/25/2014Our host, bartender, & staff were amazing. Upon hearing it was our anniversary, the bartender and the hostess arranged for us to go up to the rooftop before we were seated so we could see the city. The staff also sent out deserts with 'Happy Anniversary' on them. It was very sweet. They really made it special. Ironically enough, the only minor drawback was our waiter, who started out strong and then over the course of the evening went on autopilot. But amazing food, amazing scenery, and the rest of the staff really made it a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceeatoutDined on 10/25/2014We really enjoyed ourselves here. the appetizers and main courses were fantastic. we shared everything at the table, so we could explore more of the menu. we found the deserts to be anticlimactic to the flavors of the first two courses. the restaurant is dark and beautiful with spectacular views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just plain badORL32803VIPDined on 10/24/2014Prix fixe menu is annoying; Really not one good thing that I can say about the food; Was very disappointed; View was nice; If had to go again would eat in the extended bar area off the app menuSpecial Features:
- DudeVIPDined on 10/22/2014Beautiful view. Very good food. Do not need the prix fixe, particular since it is not really a prix fixe with all the "supplements." Need to get a vibe growing. With that view and good food you should be packed. But maybe people can't find how to get to the restaurant from the lobby. Every customer I talked to had to ask directions. (The security guy in the lobby who walked me all the way to the elevator, with menu suggestions along the way, was great.)Special Features:
- Classy Restaurant but a Bit ClumsyOfftheBeatenPathVIPDined on 10/18/2014We arrived early but were told to wait in the bar. After 4 couples were seated before us we asked again about our table. We booked weeks prior but were seated in the "second row" instead of the prime window tables however still had a nice view. Oddly there was a single guest rattling newspapers loudly throughout our dinner. Clearly he was some kind of big deal as he had 3-4 servers to himself which might have been why our service was a bit lacking. The courses were all excellent in every way and there were a few extra appetizers given. The servers didn't time themselves well and one spilt hot tea all over me so more attention all around was needed especially given the price point. It was a great "one time is enough" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014love it---we go once a year its very special, perfect-- and the ambience in wonderful. Food is Fantastic !!!! everything is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerAnniversarymealtodieforDined on 10/16/2014A romantic special restaurant! Food was exceptional! Downtown views to the Pacific! Outstanding In all ways!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King Crab special at WP24CarolDined on 10/14/2014Outstanding presentation of a live king crab prior to dining. Several courses all very different with king crab - tasty, spicy, more than 6 people can eat; would have liked to see crab ceviche as appetizer as many of the dishes were full of other ingredients which sometimes overlooks the crab. Would definitely recommend this for a group dining experience!!Special Features:
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/9/2014Not a bad meal by any stretch of the imagination....but nothing noteworthy, either. Food was okay, but nothing special, and the service wias kind of slow. Much more the type of meal I'd expect for $50, not the $300 it actually cost.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDiningtravelerDined on 10/7/2014I had a business dinner at WP24. The view was amazing, Downtown L.A. with a full moon. I took the two entrées and one main course option. The food was excellent, as well as the wine pairing. Asian cuisine, with some spicy tasting. The dinner was on a Tuesday, and the restaurant was half empty. We were able to talk comfortably, and did not get to hear anything from the neighboring tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014I celebrated my 31st birthday here. The food was mouthwatering good. Our waiter(Jordan) did an outstanding job. He did everything to make me feel special on my day. Thanks so much Jordan and Chef for a wonderful service. I am excited about my next dinner date there!💖💞💝💖Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014Everything about our evening at WP24 was well executed. We were seated immediately, despite being rather early for our reservation. The view is spectacular. The service was attentive and timely, and the food was very good. If I were to find any fault, it would be that the food was perhaps a little conventional, and I might have expected more experimentation with flavors and combinations in such an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Spectacular!gimmemoreDined on 9/13/2014Took my mom here for a birthday dinner while she was visiting from New York. She's been to many of the best restaurants there, and she declared that this was one of the best places at which she has ever dined. I agree! Stunning decor, delicious food, friendly and professional staff, and an incredible view high atop downtown LA make for one of LA's (if not the country's) most fabulous restaurants!Special Features:
- Outstanding downtown restaurantlavisitor1Dined on 9/10/2014Starting with the 24th floor as you walk through the beautiful bar area there's no doubt you are in for a treat. The food is innovative, beautifully prepared and presented and the service is just right. At $80 prix fixe for 3 courses this is not an inexpensive evening, but definitely worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations surpassedJDMDNDined on 9/6/2014Just what I expected from Wolfgang Puck's Asian-themed restaurant 24 levels above the city skyline; perfect food, service, and ambiance. The killer view is just icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A powerful Puck experience!PDSdinesoutDined on 9/6/2014Asian fusian done Wolfgang Puck style - full of flavor and deceptively elegant for a Hotel location!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014great service, great view, really enjoyed dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WP24…food not that uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014Atmosphere and service were outstanding. I love the food at WP's Chinois and this food was very much like that….I was expecting something different. Several of the dishes at WP24 were almost the same as those at Chinois.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again.UnhappyCustomerDined on 9/3/2014The bar area is so noisy my date & I could not hear one another speak while sitting next to each other in a booth! The food was so salty I could barely eat it. The waiter added two items to the bill that had not been ordered, they were later removed. Food & service do not match the price. We will not revisit the Ritz Carlton location.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationNmanriquebDined on 8/27/2014It was an amazing night with spectacular view and great ambiance. The attention was friendly and the best part was the food. So exquisite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good, the service excellent. The view could be spectacular, but I wish they had washed the windows. It was quite the distractiom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese restaurant in L.A.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014In terms of atmosphere, service, views, and top quality food too. Yes, other reviews are true that it's not cheap. But such a restaurant with class is rarely seen in the US where chinese food have the image of needing to be cheap. I rate this restaurant's overall experience on par with any good high class chinese restaurants in Hong Kong.Special Features:
- Great view - ok foodfoodloverlaDined on 8/16/2014First thing we noticed was that there wasn't any music playing and so basically a stale room with no ambiance. We were told after asking that the music player was broken. At $80/head plus drinks etc. this is pretty unacceptable. The service was excellent. The food was just okay. I wouldn't rave about anything specific. For the money I would go to Melisse.Special Features:
- Great choicePalominosDined on 8/9/2014Everything was perfect to celebrate my daughters birthday, our waiter was engaging and helpful, food was beautifully plated. Awesome viewSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceJcjanecDined on 8/6/2014We dined early evening (6 p.m.) and had the dining room to ourselves. Food and service as well as ambiance were amazing.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary Dinner at WP24JamesB0077Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time to done at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck. We were happy we celebrated our 11th anniversary there. The view was fantastic, the servers were friendly and attentive, and the food was terrific and delicious! We had their signature Peking Duck. Yum yum! The Happy Anniversary message written around our dessert plates was a very nice touch. We definitely will be dining there again. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality on the top floorGreatnightoutDined on 7/31/2014We selected this restaurant for a special occasion and went with high hopes.... We were not disappointed. We arrived about 15 minutes early and were shown to the bar for cocktails, which were excellent. When we were escorted to our table we were very impressed with the location and view. We were seated in the corner table with stunning skyline views of LA Downtown on both sides. The restaurant appeared to be quiet which created a nice intimate feel. The food was beautiful and the staff could not have been more polite or helpful. My wife has a nut allergy, and despite the extensive use of nuts on the menu they helped us to find plenty of options. We would definitely recommend this top class restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening, but too dark.Socaltravelgal69Dined on 7/31/2014Beautiful restaurant and food was very good! However, the restroom was very inconveniently located-- not good for older people. But the spectacular viewmakes up for all of that--just stunning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningCruzfoolVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was an amazing experience, from the location on the 24th floor of the Ritx Carlton, to the service and food - all were outstanding in everyway. Im used to fine dining but have got to say that WP24 hits the ball way, way, out of the park in every way.Special Features:
- ehFinedinerDined on 7/25/2014The food was okay. The service was okay. I had better service at cafe carnation in disneyland. The only thing nice about this restaurant was the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewbeelaDined on 7/25/2014The duck and quail dishes were very good. The appetizers were tasty and unique. The only thing i noticed is that there were not many vegetable dishes that were vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 575 reviews are from the WP24 by Wolfgang Puck reviews archive.
- RomanticDreamer8Dined on 7/17/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Love the atmosphere great food too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.