Woolworth Tower Kitchen
New York, NY 10279Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Woolworth Tower Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.woolworthtowerkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2125712930
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We can supply food, beer, wine and liquor for up to 100 people in the downtown area
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to 16 people in a private room and up to 25 people in our small bar.
- Private Party Contact: Lou Adolfsen 6464579610x
- Cross Street: Barclay Street
- Public Transit: 1, 2, 3 and 9 Park Place stop, one block away. The R stops at City Hall across the street. The A stops at Chambers, one block away and the E stops at World Trade Center, also one block away
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public parking lot right past our entrance and below the building. After 7 p.m. there is street parking right outside and all around the block.
A word from Woolworth Tower Kitchen
We are located in the Woolworth Building directly across from City Hall and two blocks from Ground Zero. We are a local favorite for City Hall people, lawyers, and the developing Art and technology crowd in the building and the surrounding area. Despite our large size, people tell us they find the place warm and cozy! We also have Private Dinning!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woolworth Tower Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)Show More
- UnderwhelemedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/15/2014Based on other reviews I really expected this to be a better experience. The service was spotty and the restaurant was extremely loud with very few people in it which was likely due to the flooring. Most disappointingly, the food was not good. The mushroom soup was ok, but the macaroni and cheese was more like cheese soup and the meatloaf was overcooked and extremely dry. They didnt even put any gravy over it to try to make it more palatable. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Not GreatLitluvDined on 9/23/2014Took two colleagues for a late lunch (around 3:00). The place was empty. The waitress did not seem happy to see us when we arrived and just told to "just sit wherever." She then came a few minutes later and gave us our menus. I ordered the grilled pizza and truffle tots. Both were completely bland. We all agreed the tots didn't taste like truffles at all. My pizza was served on a plate with a pool of melted mozzarella cheese. Everyone else also felt their food was bland and without flavor. On a positive note, the waitress did warm up after our initial entrance so that was nice. All in all I would probably not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Great place in old NY masterpiece! Food is delicious, prices are reasonable, portion size is perfect, ingredients are fresh and seasonal. The menu has selections for all types of diets and tastes. This part of town between TriBeCa and seaport is a restsurant desert, so the Woolworth cafe is my go-to when I want to stay close to home, enjoy my meal and not be in a "scene" if you know what I mean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaygirlDined on 9/10/2014Bread was stored in a big plastic storage bin which was exposed and it was a huge turn-off. Food was ok, I had the steak which was not quality, over-cooked and chewy. Dessert - cheesecake was not rich and creamy, tasted stale. Appetizers were good, wine was good. Had the tomato, mozzarella and prosciutto. Tomato was not ripped, prosciutto was not nicely thinly sliced. I would not chose the restaurant entirely for the food, it is convenient to the office and good for client meetings because it is a quiet venue.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotStandardsDined on 8/27/2014Had a very nice lunch with a group of friends; service prompt, food good and prices reasonable.Special Features:
- NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING!!!LocakittyDined on 7/25/2014I thought, being that this is the Woolworth Kitchen in the famous Woolworth bldg. I was in for a major treat!! NOPE... It was nothing special! The food was ok. but I could have gotten that anywhere.. the ambience was fair... nice tables but again ... you can get this anywhere... We sat by the window... the street was so ugly. People stopped and looked in on us... The most outstanding part was the Waitress! She was so welcoming and very nice. She took time with us, listened, made suggestions and helped us thru each order... Thank you for that! Very expensive for "nothing special"... sad to say!Special Features:
- The following 37 reviews are from the Woolworth Tower Kitchen reviews archive.
- Steady as she goesGrizzzfanVIPDined on 6/20/2014Woolworth Tower Kitchen is a solid lunch place for business or tourists. The food tends to be very good and well priced. The Gazpacho was unusually salty, which was odd becuase I wouldn't think a cold vegetable soup would have much salt at all. The staff accepted the criticism but didn't resolve the problem even though we couldn't eat all of the soup. The entree salads were very nice.Special Features:
- Wonderful Lunch!DniceVIPDined on 5/27/2014Went in for lunch with several coworkers. The service was good and everyone had a wonderful lunch. The crab cake burger was well prepared, fresh and delicious. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014Great lunch - but we waited 30 minutes for the check!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Look Great foodRmedina999Dined on 3/26/2014I have eaten here on many occasions. It is always filled with important looking people- who really do not care who is there and who is not. It's table settings and dining furniture are eclectic but everything is well placed. The food and service are tremendous. Its menu is wide ranging and well executed. An overall great place to have a quiet business lunch or a loud dinner. Music choices are as eclectic as the furniture and always in good taste.Located in the historic Woolworth building across the street from City Hall a tremendous location to launch a tour of NYC - whether you live here or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhHeythereDined on 3/20/2014I thought this would be a throw back cafeteria experience with some fun menu items, but it wasn't. Kind of blah surroundings too.
- Win-Win!GirlNYCVIPDined on 3/19/2014We're kind of new to this place, even though we're 40+ years in the hood. The food is pretty good, the portions are big, the service is great and the prices are right. Seems to be a bar scene here as well. I like this place!Special Features:
- DisappointingloveitslianfoodVIPDined on 3/5/2014We sat during regular business hours and no-one came over or seemed to even notice we were there. We had to ask a server to please take our order, and she seemed very flustered, with no knowledge of who was our server. Very poor food delivery to table, timing of it, and overall very unprofessional. .Special Features:
- Nice spot in the neighborhoodsnackcrackerDined on 2/14/2014Good food and friendly service. Like that many appetizers can also be sized as main courses. Service is attentive but never overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat AtmosphereSteakmmmmmmmmVIPDined on 1/29/2014Had the Fresh Tuna salad and was made to perfection! Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charm with a funky vibeArtificeVIPDined on 1/2/2014Where else can you find a white tablecloth restaurant with thriftt store paintings. Sharon is a wonderful waitress and always makes me feel welcome. Everything is good but the quinoa salad is great and so is the chicken soup on a cold day.Special Features:
- Good place in the downtownSherylVIPDined on 12/18/2013Good place in the downtown City Hall neighborhood, with enough room between the tables so you can have a conversation. Guess it was crowded, but service was disappointing: meal from another table was served to one guest (and the waiter took it back!) while we all waited for our meals. No refills on iced tea (and no refills on the ice, which quickly melted). No fresh pepper offered. No Cajun Chicken on the Cajun Chicken Cobb Salad. Assuming it was a bad (very bad) day - the food is tasty and fresh with generous portions, so I'll certainly give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy, VERY slow servicelgueatsVIPDined on 11/20/2013I went for lunch with a friend. he ordered a burger and I ordered the lobster mac & cheese a friend had raved about. it took them HALF AN HOUR to bring our lunch to us. if we had been in a rush, it would have been terrible. The burger was good. The mac & cheese was nothing special, with only a few small flecks of lobster... and costing $18, not worth it.
- LunchLLLLVIPDined on 10/31/2013In a neighborhood that has few places other than faat foos sandwich ahope to have a quick and decent lunch experience, this was a great option. Nothi g fancy. Had a very good Caesar skalds w shrimp. In and out under an hour. Would go back when in this neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite lunch spotsSherylVIPDined on 10/17/2013One of my favorite lunch spots in the financial district. Food is reliably good (grilled shrimp/kale salad was excellent, served with a lemon vinaigrette) and there is enough space between the tables so you can actually have a conversation comfortably.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner last minuteAmondaDined on 9/18/2013Thanks so much for accomodting us last minute AJ -from BOFASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placegreatlunch425Dined on 8/28/2013I love going here as it is near my office and the food tastes good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining Experiece in NYCJoshVIPDined on 8/22/2013Everything about this meal was a complete disaster. For someone who takes clients to lunch on almost a daily basis, I've never had a more disappointing lunch in Manhattan. The service was horrible, the waitress had an attitude......drink orders were not filled. Lunch orders were completely missed. a total disappointment. D-. Stay away.
- Come for the food not the decorSuzieQDined on 8/9/2013Have been here before and it was a similar experience. The space is large and it services as business crowd although we were there as tourists and casually dressed. The food was great; the price reasonable and the ambience poor. The space could be great, but isn't. But, I came for the food and was not disappointed. Our party had pulled pork sandwich, turkey and brie sandwich, and grilled chicken salad. All well prepared; meat was moist and delicious. Reasonable pricing for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood stapleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2013My colleague and I work at one of the city hall buildings only a few blocks away so finding different places for lunch close by is a criteria. We enjoyed the fact that it is low keyed and quiet. The restaurant week menu had a varied selection that it appealed to our different tastes. The prices can be too steep for an everyday lunch, however, occasionally it's a nice option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Slow on Servicefoodie456Dined on 5/7/2013Woolworth Tower is a great place to grab a drink or have a work lunch. The food is very tasty and they have a variety of things to chose from. My only complaint is that we had to ask to get our order taken twice and then for the check. They seem to be quick on refilling drinks but absent on everything else.Special Features:
- We had our wedding receptionAaaaDined on 4/22/2013We had our wedding reception there seven years ago and returned, during the WW Building's 100th birthday, to celebrate our anniversary. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food and service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Great food and service was fantastic- would eat here againSpecial Features:
- The Woolworth tower restaurantlynnDined on 3/1/2013The Woolworth tower restaurant is not in the tower! It is a dreary non convivial dim place on the ground floor. It was a birthday lunch for my friend Who happens to design restaurant interiors. She found the place non conducive to good digestion and gloomy. Service was initially hard to come by, then friendly and all right. A piece of birthday cake was brought and we were pleased. Our lunches were fine, not exceptional. Neither of us will be back.
- This was a great find andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2013This was a great find and very convenient in my work neighborhood. The food was absolutuely delicious.Special Features:
- Lunch back in timeScoutDined on 2/19/2013Perfect location, old fashioned cozy ambiance and a simple delicious menu, along with an attentive staff - it is my favorite lunch spot downtown - that simple.Special Features:
- Great seating at the frontOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2013Great seating at the front of the restaurant, until the smell of water damage hits you... Which is not what you want to smell while eating! There is a maintenance issue that needs to be addressed. So, be on the safe side and request seating away from the windows! A disappointing distraction for our lunch!
- This was a disappointing visit.SherylVIPDined on 1/23/2013This was a disappointing visit. I have had great meals here, but Cobb salad had tiny, few bits of chicken, sprinkle of bacon bits, cheese, corn - mostly a bowl of lettuce. There were no salad specials. (Grilled shrimp salad is a favorite.) Pastrami sandwich was disappointing, too.
- my first experience was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2012my first experience was good, place was fairly empty and ordered and omelette and it was very good and but the restaurant was fairly empty at the time. That said I decided to take work group there for a Christmas lunch. I ordered two appetizers the onion soup which three of the four of us ordered was average at best. i had the curried mussels and they were very good but it took about 45 minutes for our meals to come. Others felt their means were ok but not worth the wait. Not sure what to make of the two experiences. Perhaps crowds are not their forte.
- I've been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2012I've been here many times and have always had a reasonable experience. This time, perhaps due to holiday lunches, the place had all tables full. We waited an hour for our food and even after quieting down as we were there a long time, we were ignored by the waitress. Not a good time but food was good.
- Great service. good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2012Great service. good food. Good lunch spot, able to accomodate small and large groups.Special Features:
- the vegetable chicken soupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012the vegetable chicken soup was spectacular. server was very attentive.
- Went with a large group (13)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012Went with a large group (13) - food took quite a while to get to us. We noticed tables with less people getting their food earlier. One of the dishes (Veggie Burger) was served frozen - did not bother to heat it up (also tells me veggie burgers are not made fresh!). Otherwise it was good experience. Everyone enjoyed their food though most were a tad overcooked.
- We hosted an early lunch forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012We hosted an early lunch for a large group after a wedding at City Hall. It was the perfect setting-- quiet (and easy for everyone to talk), delicious food, and a classic New York feel.Special Features:
- AS strange as it may sound,SirSlickDined on 10/18/2012AS strange as it may sound, for a NYC classy restaurant they make a fabulous omelet.Special Features: