Woody's Tupelo Steakhouse
619 N. Gloster
Tupelo, MS 38804Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Woody's Tupelo Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.woodyssteak.com/
- Phone: (662) 840-0460
- Hours of Operation:
Main Dining Rooms : Lunch Wed, Thurs, Friday 11 - 1:30 Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm9:30pm SUNDAY BUFFET BRUNCH 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lounge open Tuesday Thru Saturday at 4:00 - 12:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Feather Burns/Tim Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering from 50 - 500 is available. Woody's will cater up to 50 miles outside Tupelo, from casual to formal, factory lunch to wedding reception. Contact Feather personally to set up your function.
- Private Party Facilities: Woody's Tupelo is available for private parties of up to 300, and entertainment in the lounge. Perfect for award banquets, family reunions, and wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Feather Burns 6628400460
- Entertainment: Tuesday through Saturday, Northeast Mississippi's best acoustic entertainment. Thursday night is KARAOKE night! Friday and Saturday, Tupelo's original Karaoke for 15 years, and you won't believe the talent in Tupelo! Even Elvis shows up sometimes, when he can take a break from sightings in Wal-Mart....
A word from Woody's Tupelo Steakhouse
Tupelo's only AAA rated 3 Diamond Steakhouse, at Woody's Tupelo Steakhouse we serve only Angus Choice or Prime char-grilled steaks, exotic wild game, fresh seafood, and old family recipes with a twist. Chosen one of the Top 10 Steakhouses in Mississippi, as well as in Mississippi Magazine for Best Dessert. Winner of several Reader's Polls for Best Service, Best Seafood, Best Steakhouse, Most Romantic, Woody's Tupelo has been a Tupelo landmark for two decades. Our family and staff work hard to make Woody's Tupelo one of Tupelo's most satisfying dining experiences, in a relaxing and casually rustic atmosphere. Two private dining rooms accommodate groups from 15 - 100, while the main dining rooms are perfect for intimate dining in a corner booth, dinner with friends or smaller business meetings. Relax after dinner in the lounge, with Mississippi's most talented musicians, as well as Tupelo's original Karaoke night for 18 years. Please, come in, and make yourself at homeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Woody's Tupelo Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tupelo ›
Woody's Tupelo Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)romantic (10)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- AUStanDined on 10/31/2014Very good steaks! Food was very good. Nice quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woody's in TupeloOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Very good experience. The food was excellent and well presented. Service a bit slow and spotty for a Fri night (10/31/14). The ambiance is not quite as charming as internet photos depict. It is an older establishment with associated wear/tear/neglect. Overall, I would recommend and certainly visit again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencevolagentDined on 10/17/2014Food and service, particularly server was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DecisionsweetberrywineDined on 10/11/2014This was an excellent decision on our part. It was our anniversary and we decided to visit Tupelo. We chose Woody's from the excellent comments and we were not disappointed in the least. The service was exceptional, the staff went above and beyond and the food was out of sight. We were comped a desert because of our anniversary and they made us feel welcomed. I just can't say enough about Woody's, if you ever get the chance to go, do yourself a favor.Special Features:
- Disappointing brunchLovegoodfoodDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I were anxious to try the brunch on Sunday and it just missed the mark. However we had excellent service from Courtney and the sweet tea was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DogfoodDined on 10/3/2014Decor looked outdated, food was overpriced & Steak was tough.
- RefillMyDrinkPLEASEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014great food, but service was terrible. waitress rarely checked on our table and food took forever to be served for only two people. took ages to even get a refill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another WOWGregfromJaxDined on 9/17/2014This is our fourth trip to Woody's for a special occasion. This time it was my wife's birthday. We were met by the hostess with a twinkle in her eye and a wink, because it was a surprise to my wife. Adam waited on us in a knowledgeable, humorous and funny manner. My wife had the halibut and loved it. I had the rib eye with cognac peppercorn and it is as good as any steak I have ever cooked (and I cook magnificent steaks). The dinner was accompanied by a nice Apothic wine and capped by Bananas Foster, prepared by Adam at our table and accompanied by an hysterical rendition of happy birthday by Adam and Heather. We love this place and will ba back next time we pass through Tupelo.Special Features:
- Must visitAngelaDined on 9/17/2014We love Woodys for special occasions or just a great dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFredDined on 9/12/2014The food was outstanding especially the deserts. Don't miss the banana fosterSpecial Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We wanted our son to enjoy a little fine-dining and Woody's did a very nice job in making it a special dinner for him. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No wordsWeluvitDined on 8/23/2014The wonderful food and impeccable good pairings rival the hospitality of the owner! It is my family's favorite restaurant without a doubt! No dinner is complete without a fuss over whether to get bananas foster or snickers ravioli--- sometimes we end up with both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food is calling your nameshoanme2Dined on 8/23/2014If you like great food and great service, then you should try this restaurant. The flavors and freshness of the food, and the special attention to details by the staff will keep you coming back for more. We have tried several different dishes and we are never disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!PawpawggDined on 8/23/2014The food and service left none to be desired! The filet melted in my mouth, and the cognac sauce was absolutely to die for! It had been a while since we were here. Glad we came back! We will definitely visit again soon! Can't beat the food or service. And, the price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not badMark9999Dined on 8/22/2014Steaks were overseasoned, but perfectly cooked. Sides and salad delicious. Ambiance was nice and service great. Would have rated 4 stars if the steaks hadn't been so salty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 151 reviews are from the Woody's Tupelo Steakhouse reviews archive.
- One of our favorite placesAngelaDined on 6/28/2014Best steaks in town. Never book a reservation when two high school reunions are celebrating. Very loud and there needs to be a warning from open table if possible to alert diners in such an occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysEatoutalotDined on 6/28/2014Everything about Woody's is fabulous. From the white tablecloths to the excellent food, we always enjoy our visit to Woody's. It is truly our go-to place.Special Features:
- Awesome Menu of FoodEatgudDined on 6/6/2014Great for an anniversary dinner, server was prompt and food was on time. Less waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner ever eaten in TupelofoodsnobDined on 5/29/2014I have eaten everywhere in Tupelo on more than one occasion and hands down the best meal. Woodys had gotten off our dining list but is now at the top. Oysters Rockefeller in Tupelo! I'm hooked. From a wonderful salad, to filet Wallace to a sinful chocolate ending, it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaks!Crownman56Dined on 5/24/2014My wife and I were visiting Tupelo and looking for something out of the ordinary for dinner so the desk person at our hotel recommended Woody's.We were not disappointed the service was great, the food wonderful. We had an enjoyable relaxing dinner, never feeling rushed. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Best place to eat in TupeloOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014Consistently the best food,service,atmosphere with reasonable prices. My wife an I eat here at all of our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The service was outstanding! We made reservations for 10 but had a few more show up and as busy as y'all were you accommodated us with a larger table! I wish I could remember our servers name but he was incredible! One of the best!! Will defiantly be back for lunch! Also best steaks in town!Special Features:
- Outstanding BrunchTupeloHoneyDined on 5/11/2014Everything was fresh and flavorful. There was a good variety of items available. Service was good. I will definitely be going back for brunch again soon.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchratingitDined on 4/20/2014The food was good and had a good selection. The food matched the price, but would not pay any more than we did.
- Fantastic MenuLizandRonDined on 3/21/2014This is becoming our annual spot when we come up from Birmingham to visit. Loved it so much last year, had to come back! we started with the oysters rockafeller. My husband was wowed with the wild game sampler plate... he's not stopped talking about it. Our friend had the petite filet... and I had the halibut... EVERYTHING was great, including the service...Special Features:
- Woody'swoodystripDined on 3/19/2014It was great. The whole party enjoyed it, and I plan on coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely unprepared for crowdbridgeinspectorDined on 3/19/2014My wife and I had a reservation for 6:00 on the night a concert was occuring at the Bancorp South Arena. The restaurant was very busy and it took about 20 minutes for a server to take our drink orders. At 7:45 we had received the salads and appetizer and still had no entree's. I have eaten at this restaurant several times previously and the food and service was good. The number of people in the restaurant obviously overwhelmed the staff and the management should have communicated this fact to the diners. When approached as we were leaving, the management blamed the concert for the delay and accepted no responsibility for the lengthy wait. I will not ever eat here again due to the attitude of the management as we were leaving.
- Absolutely Wonderful!!!TeeKDined on 3/7/2014My dining experience was absolutely wonderful. They made us felt special and the food is so good. Woody's is the best restaurant to visit and it has the best workers who will make your visit enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been disappointed yetJoshDined on 2/28/2014Third time here and twice in past month. Haven't been disappointed yet. Filet is best cut of meat I have ever had, and I assure you it does meet a very high expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ya don't want to miss this placeTooMDined on 2/25/2014What a local gem!! The oyster rockafellea was the best I've ever had! The atmosphere was casual although I wouldn't go in with shorts and t-shirt on. My prime rib was perfect, cooked to order with grilled asparagus & hand breaded onion rings. My Husband had the Salmon glazed with apricot & rosemary, grilled green beans, mashed potatoes. Wow, got to learn how to do green beans and asparagus like that! Yep, had to do desert as they have Bananas Foster cooked table side with perfection. If you haven't ever had this desert, you have to try it OMG ... Sooo good. Thank God Woodys is only about an hour from my home so you can bet, we will be back soon !!Special Features:
- One of my favorite restuarantsshoanme2Dined on 2/15/2014The wild game sampler platter appetizer is wonderful and filling. We also had the BEST steaks we have ever tasted, very tender and juicy with a wonderful seasoning seared in. The service was great, everyone was friendly, curtious and very attentive to our needs. This was not just a one time experience, we have come to this restaurant several times, and have never been disappointed. Can't wait to take some friends there to try it also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Me and my girlfriend had a fabulous time at woodys on valentines day. Excellent food and atmosphere and service was very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor serviceTable4twoDined on 2/14/2014Me and my girlfriend arrived at 6:30. The place was beautiful. We were seated and got our drinks quickly. It took the food a little while to get to us. The good was great. Unfortunately it was rare we saw our waitress. After we finished our meal it took about an hour for us to get our check pay for it and get a receipt. I think it had a lot to do with our waitress. We finally got out of there at 9. We barely made it to our movie on time. My feelings are mixed but I believe I will give it one more chance.Special Features:
- Woody's resterauntOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The staff is amazing, the food is wonderful, I have been going there for 15years and I will continue to go there, they always go out of there way to get you in even when you don't make a reservation, Feather the owner always makes sure to talk to you, the Hostess is always polite to you when you walk in until she seat's you, I love when I have the chance to go. Thank you Julie DuncanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerRyanDined on 2/14/2014Overall the experience on Valentines Day was excellent. Elected to not go with the special but ordered two entries. Service was fast, friendly and welcoming. Food was excellent and fresh. Only problem I had was it was quite cold in the restaurant. Wasn't sure why the AC was on when it was in the 50s outside. Overall excellent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBhawkesDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time to visit Woodys. Let me start off by saying that the food and staff were excellent. We will be returning at least once a month.Special Features:
- AmazingLoveNightDined on 2/13/2014I took my wife here 2.13.14 for Valentine's Dinner since we were in town for a concert. She found Woody's online and picked it out. When we arrived for our reservation we were taken directly to our table. We had wonderful drinks & amazing appetizers. We were both shocked to see such different & exotic good on the menu. The server was very nice & attentive and answered any questions we had. Every single thing we ordered was amazingly delicious. Everything was timed just right. The bread with the raspberry butter was beyond amazing. Even though we do not love in Tupelo we would drive 2 hours just to come back to Woody's. We don't mind paying for amazing food. Thank you for such a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary favorite every yearFav2688Dined on 2/6/2014We always feel special every time we go. We look forward to it and would not consider going any other place. The staff is always so friendly and we have grown to request Bobby to be our waiter. He is so attentive and always greets us with a smile. When we start out in the lounge, Feather makes sure she selects romantic music for us to dance to, and that is so special to us. The food is always outstanding, no matter what we select. The ambiance is great for a romantic night with the lights dim and candles on the tables. What more can we say? It's a perfect place to dine and we would recommend it to anyone. Thank you to all of the Woody's staff. You make our anniversary special every year. Craig & KarenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woody'y on Friday Nightmrc000Dined on 12/20/2013The steaks were excellent(strip and rib-eye), especially the sauces. The mac/cheese was also exceptional. Everything else was at least good. The restaurant is very dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatIliveinDanylandDined on 12/13/2013Great every now and then. A bit pricey for every week. Very romantic atmosphere for couples.Special Features: