1 Court Street
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodwardboston.com/
- Phone: 6179798200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kyle Ketchum
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re planning an intimate dinner with friends or a chic reception for 150, Woodward has space to suit your event needs. Accommodating 10-160, Woodward blends stylish charm with culinary distinction from our acclaimed executive chef, Mark Goldberg.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Watson 8883088786
- Entertainment: DJ's spin on Saturday nights
A word from Woodward
Named for a tavern once housed in the Ames family home, Woodward is a modern-day tavern that will feature a unique offering incorporating the freshest local foods and a dynamic beverage program. The regional ingredient-driven menu by Executive Chef Kyle Ketchum is enhanced by a lively table of world-class, handcrafted cocktails. Woodward’s menu will feature the finest quality food and drink and will be complimented by gracious and knowledgeable service. Backed by twenty years of experience in partner Seth Greenberg, owner of Mistral and Co-Founder of Boston Common Magazine, Woodward will be a coveted, new Boston destination, and yet another success story for Morgans’ renowned collection of restaurants and bars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woodward reviews from OpenTable diners
- I have lived across the streetTimHDined on 3/27/2013I have lived across the street from this place for 4 months and never realized there was a restaurant there! Not very noticable from the outside, but good food and good ambiance inside.
- The flat breads were so unexciting.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2013The flat breads were so unexciting. We felt that if you didn't order a big entree you got a very dull meal, and we did. Wouldn't go back or suggest to fiends.Special Features:
- Went on a weeknight beforeMemereDined on 1/22/2013Went on a weeknight before the theatre. Thought the food was was good, but overpriced. We essentially had four appetizers (two salads, shortrib tortellini, a flatbread, a cup of tea and a diet [fake] diet coke) for $84. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Awful. Service, food, everything.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012Awful. Service, food, everything. So disappointing.
- My friend and I had earlyShavanahVIPDined on 12/13/2012My friend and I had early evening dinner reservations and it was already packed. The wait staff were distracted, speaking to us while looking around the room, as though they were trying to see if there was anyone more interesting than us. The food was average, nothing to write home about. The wine was actually very good. I've been here before for breakfast and had the same experience. Location is great, but that's about all there is.
- I went there with my collegeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012I went there with my college age daughter who was in town. The food was excellent, the ambiance great, and the service excellent. The only thing we did not care for was the apply dessert which was a personal taste.I'd go back again.Special Features:
- Great location downtown inFantasticVIPDined on 12/7/2012Great location downtown in The Ames Hotel. Three of us shared 3 appetizers and 2 desserts. The flatbreads were terrific. The butternut squash ravioli amazing. Loved the chocolate dessert. Service started out slow, as the bar was quite crowded, but as the evening went on, our waiter was attentive, but did not rush us.Special Features:
- Our table wasn't ready forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2012Our table wasn't ready for us at our reservation time, so they gave us drink tickets for everyone at the table to grab something at the bar while we waited. The service & food were excellent...I was very impressed!Special Features:
- I have been looking forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2012I have been looking forward to having dinner at Woodward for a couple years and finally went and could not have been more disappointed. The service was awful and the food was average. My main issue was with the woman who looked to be managing the restaurant that night. She was so rude to my girlfriend and unwelcoming that we thought about leaving shortly after we were seated. Too many restaurants in Boston with great food and great staff. No need for anyone to try Woodward.
- Overall not bad, especiallyThomBVIPDined on 10/24/2012Overall not bad, especially for a hotel restaurant. The design of the space is really nice. Our food was very good - the waiter recommended the chicken and it was an excellent choice. Service was a bit too casual - although they were all very nice. Especially good for drinks after work - great cocktails - Kudos to the bartender for an amazing margarita!Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2012The food and atmosphere were both superb. You need to get the clam chowder as well as the burger!!! Natural ingredients, served hot, very flavorful. My friend ordered the steak medium rare. He said that it was cooked so well that it did not even need sauce for additional flavor. Fries are generously proportioned and crisp. Our waiter was very attentive and genuinely enjoyed waiting on us. Would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- First visit to the Woodward,HappyDinerDined on 8/27/2012First visit to the Woodward, and will definitely not be the last. Dinner during Restaurant week, with excellent menu choices and fantastic food. My dining companion said this was the BEST Restaurant Week meal she has ever had in Boston! The tomato gazpacho was to die for, the hake was cooked to perfection, and the peach bread pudding left a smile on my face all evening. Kudos to the Woodward; absolutely fantastic meal!Special Features:
- went for restaurant week andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2012went for restaurant week and menu was excellent. wait staff knowledgable. would go againSpecial Features:
- Salty, but nice atmosphereWhoolovesfoodDined on 8/23/2012My entree was a fairly oversalted as was another person's meal at my table. Other than that, a nice meal sitting outside. Can't beat that on a nice summer night in BostonSpecial Features:
- Good food, great wine/cocktailOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/23/2012Good food, great wine/cocktail list, cool interior and a great outdoor dining area right across from the Old State House. A real find in the financial/Faneuil Hall area.Special Features:
- A Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2012Man must have a good first-date bar where service is predictably good and the food, superb. The bar rocks too, with skilled bartenders lacking any "attitude." This is my place. If I really want to talk with a chick, I make reservations on an un-crowded Tuesday or Wednesday evening. Woodward definitely has after-work ambiance too. Sometimes I just chill at the bar, many times I've found good people to talk with. Woodward can be a little hard to find. There's no prominent signage! So, if you're meeting someone there, have them Google it first.Special Features:
- A find! Fabulous food--theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/11/2012A find! Fabulous food--the tortelloni starter is not to be missed, and the mushroom flatbread outstanding. Helpful friendly service, too!Special Features:
- Quiet because it was an earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2012Quiet because it was an early dinner on a friday during holiday weekend. House maple butter served with bread was really good and not too sweet. Husband and I shared a starter bowl of clam chowder, which was delicious (creamy but light, flavorful, chunky) but then possibly too rich for us as we each weren't able to finish the rest of our meals because we felt full. He had ($22) fish and chips (light batter around nice flaky fish, excellent lemon-y caper remoulade, decent fries) and I had the special ($26)- 3 large ravioli stuffed lobster (generously) and halibut over some asparagus. My dish presentation was rather sloppy but the taste made up for it. Service was overall friendly and prompt. Would go back again.Special Features:
- Good food, nicely preparedJimRVIPDined on 5/21/2012Good food, nicely prepared and served. A nice alternative to many hotel restaurants.
- This was a convenient meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2012This was a convenient meeting spot and the service was very friendly and attentive.
- Could not decide which was bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2012A super friendly waitstaff paired with amazing food = winning combination! My friends and I still cannot decide which dish we liked best...amongst the appetizer specials (deep fried soft shell crab), standard apps, and entrees, we were overwhelmed! (That said...I do think we all walked away craving some more of the duck confit flatbread...if only any of us had had enough room to finish that last dish.) We had an 8pm reservation on a Saturday. The restaurant was surprisingly bare at the time, but it started to pick up more around 9pm and around 11pm (when the kitchen closed) they cleared out the tables to make way for a vibrant bar scene.Special Features:
- The food was great and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2012The food was great and our server made one of the best bloody mary's i've ever had.
- We had not visited WoodwardwestenderVIPDined on 4/13/2012We had not visited Woodward for a while. We made a reservation with some friends, and we were surprised to learn that there is no more dining upstairs, so we had to eat in the bar area. On a Friday evening, TOO close to the bar. Service and food was excellent, but the noise made real conversation a challenge. We hope they re-open the upstairs soon.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I was very disappointed with their special Easter Brunch menu. The only option was for groups of 4 or more at $49 per person.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2012Our experience started out fine--food and drink were decent, service was adequate. When the space transitioned from dinner to Saturday night bar scene, the service quickly spiraled downward. We wanted to keep drinking and eat dessert, but getting our waiter's attention was an effort. As far as food and drink, we had the pear and blue cheese salad, the duck confit flatbread, and the root vegetable gratin, all of which were good. Cocktails were tasty, though the alcohol was difficult to detect, which is concerning since they range from $10 to $15 each. We got dessert, which took almost half an hour to arrive at our table. By then they were playing R Kelly--the last straw--so we wolfed down dessert, got the check, and bounced.Special Features:
- OK. Drinks were well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/31/2012OK. Drinks were well prepared but quite expensive, even for Boston. Advertised that they were carrying restaurant week through Saturday, but actually did not. I think if you are over 30 you will be happier somewhere else.
- Food and service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/30/2012Food and service was excellent, but I thought that we would be seated in the dining room, we were seated in the bar area which is very loud it draws the after work crowd and it was difficult to hear one an other at the dinner table.Special Features:
- We tried Woodward during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2012We tried Woodward during restaurant week and had a fabulous meal of salad with warm goat cheese, swordfish and a chocolate caramel dessert to die for! I will definitely be returning. Our waiter was pleasant and very attentive without being overbearing. A great experience!Special Features:
- Woodward had a very nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2012Woodward had a very nice, upscale atmosphere. The dim lighting added a nice ambience of privacy. All of the courses were timely with the exception of the dessert which took forever without apologies. We were seated at a very small table that was wobbly. I would go again and would brave the idea being brazen enough to ask for a booth.Special Features:
- The food was very good consideringAbbyDeMoDined on 3/22/2012The food was very good considering the dearth of yummy dining options in the Faneuil Hall area (except Hillstone). My pasta amd salad were both delicious - well cooked and light. Decent wine list as well. Great service - very attentive! I came here for lunch but unfortunately now they only do dinner. Very cool spot though - the building is very interesting. I definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekkitkatDined on 3/20/2012I recently went here for Restaurant week with a friend.The server was very friendly and answered all of our questions.For starters we got the endive and meslun saladand the grilled lamb belly. The lamb was a bit under done for my liking, but my friends still ate it.He thought the salad needed more dressing. For the main course we got grilled swordfish and the braised shortrib. Both were very tasty. For dessert we got the peppered chocolate ganache and greek yougurt panna cotta. The ganache was huge and very rich.My friend bet that if I ate the whole thing we would get a free meal.I had a 1/3 of it and my friend ate the rest.Even though the desert was gone, we still paid for our food. This place is good for a date or catching up with friendsSpecial Features:
- The mixologist was greatlyDCFoodieDined on 3/18/2012The mixologist was greatly appreciated, the quality of beverages was spectacular. The appetizer was an appropriate serving size. The atmosphere was wonderful. Unfortunately, the serving sizes of other courses were a bit clunky. The dessert was somewhat pedestrian, in that it felt like a dessert that could be found in any mainstream restaurant.
- I had the Salmon & my friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2012I had the Salmon & my friend had the chicken. My salmon was a little on the bland side but the chicken was delicious! I love this place but the lack of privacy at your table is a little annoying on a date. Otherwise, it's a great place.Special Features:
- Has become my preferred breakfastRichmondDined on 3/8/2012Has become my preferred breakfast location. Exceeds the Cafe Fleuri experience from a total package perspective
- Fun great new drinks andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Fun great new drinks and wonderful food! We enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012This is a great neighborhood gem with wonderful food and service A+!Special Features:
- Two and half stars-ishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012We were a party of three. One of us ordered the lamb, which was excellent. Another of us ordered the Tavern Steak, which was a little tough and really not great. We also ordered the flat bread, which was nice, but not terribly inventive. Atmosphere was lively. The team was attentive and informative, but did forget to bring me my ordered beer until I was finished with my meal, said it was "on the house" for having done so, then charged it to my bill anyway. Lame!Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2012Very pleasantly surprised at how great the food was!Special Features:
- the woodward reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2012very nice place. i did get the cod ? white fish and shared with my husband, was room temperature upon arrival, otherwise good. root veggie salad needs something. not sure . more veggies, for example beets, parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes . maybe cut veggies larger. Dessert was excellent .Special Features:
- We had the Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012We had the Valentine's Day menu and what a great menu it was! Everything was absolutely perfect! I love Woodward and can only give standing ovations for the chef, kitchen staff and our waiter!Special Features: