1426 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodwardtable.com/
- Phone: (202) 347-5353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Harran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Woodward Table
Jeffrey and Sallie Buben's Woodward Table, housed in the historic Woodward Building is a concept that exudes a timeless feel with neighborhood charm. Located just one block from The White House, Woodward presents a "table" of dining possibilities with two eateries...the main restaurant with its creative and diverse American menu and Woodward Takeout Food, a sprite artisanal alternative for breakfast and lunch. The soul of Woodward Table's cooking involves creating seasonal iconic American dishes, a chef's contemporary approach and a regional repertoire of ingredients. Woodward Takeout Food, aka WTF, adjacent to the restaurant, creates a quick serve American breakfast or lunch for the busy Washingtonian, available to eat in or take out. Woodward Takeout Food is like being in a good cook's kitchen...a venue of sights and sounds with the bakery of the entire restaurant located at one end. Smell the fresh baked bread and other concoctions as you place your ordContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woodward Table reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (134)great for lunch (90)good for groups (80)special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (57)great for brunch (49)great for outdoor dining (44)vibrant bar scene (35)notable wine list (35)hot spot (28)romantic (20)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We had such a lovely time dining here. Omar, the Manager, waited on us. He made great suggestions, the food was delicious, and the entire evening was so very enjoyable. Would not hesitate in recommending this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great fun, wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our group of six enjoyed several different seafood entrees that were delicious! A great evening.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentPCYinDCDined on 8/9/2014I have dined at Woodward Table several times and it is always an outstanding experience, never disappointing on any level. Great for dinner, great for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistent food and serviceBacciVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was my second visit to Woodward Table. My first visit was delightful. I made reservations to dine again. Service was horrific. The waiter treated us as a chore - very slow and indiffernet. My entree - the sea bass was dry and no flavor - portions were very small - very over priced. The waiter never came over to ask us how our meals were. We had to order desserts just to be satisfied. The desserts were larger than the entree and tasty. I order the 3 portion cheese board and asked to see the cheese menu. The waiter abruptly told me he was a cheese expert and he should select the cheese. I said ok but that I preferred rivh "sticky" cheeses. What came were 2 very mild, little flavor cheeses and a blue cheese. Not going back.
- Dropped offDerzingmanVIPDined on 8/5/20142 times in last 3 weeks. Service and food failing fast. I guess the Chef doesn't care anymore. Key servers have quit.
- Nice Sunday evening dining spot.NickyGDined on 8/3/2014I stopped by for dinner on a Sunday evening along with my young cousins (age 11 and 15) after an afternoon of sightseeing. We tried an appetizer (tuna poke) and various dishes (mussels, scallops and gnocchi). Everthing was very good and quite satisfying. The kids, who are picky eaters, really enjoyed their selections. We shared a dessert (wtf donuts). The donuts were a little tough, but the flavors were interesting (in a good way). The waiter was attentive, but not intrusive. The noise level was quiet, but it was Sunday and a nice evening, so many diners were enjoying their meal outside. The hostess offered us cake pops as we left the restuarant. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicerahdigga409VIPDined on 8/3/2014Sam was amazing! He was very attentive and kept the mimosas flowing. The pastry basket is a must! The tuna poke was very good with nice crisp vegetables. Flatbreads are a good to as well.Special Features:
- Good food and viewRestonDinerDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated the opening of the Reston metro station and a friend's birthday with a trip into DC for dinner at the Woodward Table. Excellent choice! The Kale salad, crab flatbread, and summer vegetables flatbread were simply delicious. We were each too full to order entrees although we shared the peach cobbler which wasn't bad but probably wouldn't order again. Loved the bright airy feel of the bar area and outdoor seating area with full on view of the Washington Monument. Inside, music from the Motown era was infectious. Will definitely return to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!Sjh385Dined on 8/2/2014I had my birthday brunch here and I couldn't have been more pleased. The service was great and the food was amazing. The presentation was awesome. My only complaint is that my food was a little warmer. I think since it was a big group it was hard to make everything at the same time and get the temperature the same. Other than that the experience was great:) I will definitely return and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OutstandingTXGirlinDC409Dined on 8/2/2014My first visit to Woodward Table was good, but my second visit (for this particular reservation) was absolutely one of the best restaurant experiences I have had in DC since I moved here almost 18 years ago. The food was cooked perfectly and plated well. The service from our waiter Rob and the busboys was so friendly, professional, and fast. My friends and I were so impressed and we can't wait to come back again for brunch (or dinner or lunch)!Special Features:
- Standard lunch fareFoodieDanDined on 8/1/2014Good atmosphere and ambiance. Our server was great and attentive, but overall the food was average at best. We got a mushroom flatbread and ahi tuna appetizers. The flatbread only had one type of mushroom, but otherwise was delicious. The tuna was average. As an entree, I got the mussels. Sauce was underwhelming, and it wasn't even served with a bowl for my discarded shells. Overall, for the price of the menu, the food is a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Very Good mealAshleyVIPDined on 7/28/2014Woodward Grill is a very good restaurant with reasonable prices. Finding a restaurant in downtown DC that isn't grossly over priced isn't easy, but this one offers just that. The menu is a great balance of smaller dishes and main courses. The "Risi Bisi" is a fantastic side dish of risotto with pancetta and peas. There were three of us, and all three meals were wonderful. I've visited this establishment twice now and both times it was a meal well worth the short walk.Special Features:
- The following 571 reviews are from the Woodward Table reviews archive.
- Woodward TableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Great restaurant, great atmosphere and food was very good. I would return and tell others about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor LunchJNunezVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great lunch outdoors on the sidewalk patio. Interesting menu. Flatbread was outstanding, as was each entree. Really nice lobster and seafood salad was generous with the lobster, and seared tuna was perfectly prepared. Attentive waitstaff. We don't usually do dessert at lunch, but we were on vacation so what the heck. Good move: Best. Cheesecake. Ever! Creamy texture, and chocolate oreo crust was fabulous. German chocolate cake also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic!Meli314Dined on 7/24/2014Service was on point and the food was delicious. We were there for a special occasion and it really met our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJL220AJL220Dined on 7/22/2014This place is very accommodating for business meetings, or a time when you need to have a group discussion over lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe we ordered the wrong thingsFoodieDined on 7/21/2014Woodward Table is an attractive place with good service and an interesting menu. Unfortunately, one of the items we ordered for lunch -- the kale salad -- was bland and so, disappointing, and the other -- the oyster po' boy salad -- went way beyond disappointing. The chunks of batter that topped the salad were over-fried to the point that it was hard to know whether there was actually an oyster inside. Even if not over-fried, it would have been hard to taste the oyster through the pepper in the batter. Hesitate to judge a restaurant based on one bad dish, but....
- Great ladies brunch!almostafoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Have had brunch here with friends twice. We love the bottomless mimosas, the food is good and we have plenty of space/privacy to catch up. This definitely is a place I will keep on my roster for brunches in DC.Special Features:
- Very tasty brunch!petemayDined on 7/19/2014We've been here a couple of times now and we're big fans of the brunch. There's lots of choices, some interesting enough that we wanted to come back again. Both times we visited we ate outdoors so, of course, if the weather is nice, the atmosphere is nice. It is a downtown street corner so it can be noisy! Those are the vicissitudes of dining al fresco. The only thing I didn't like is a little service issue. I don't like it when 3 of the 4 people are served and one is left waiting. Good manners requires the three to sit and wait for the fourth to be served and that is always awkward. It only took a few minutes for the fourth meal to arrive but still, I'd rather we're all served simultaneously. Still, we'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Service, Bland FoodantifoodieDined on 7/18/2014The hostess was rude. While I was waiting at the bar for my table, the bartender was almost impossible to flag down. High-priced Cocktail was borderline undrinkable. Waiter was very nice (which is why I rated the service fair and not poor). Bread was great, but that only made the main course all the more disappointing. Rose by the glass ok. Lobster Cobb Salad had too much dressing and was surprisingly lacking in flavor. Fries were ok, but the dipping sauce was entirely forgettable. While I wasn't expecting Michelin Star food, the crowds would suggest that you'd get something a little better than glorified TGIF fare.
- GoodCricketsDined on 7/17/2014I've been here before -- good selection of food, well prepared. I always get this waiter who while doing his work well, just seems to "call it in". I don't know what it is with some restaurants these days, they make their own "bun" for sandwiches, but it is usually too soft and way too tall to eat as a sandwich, so you eat it with a knife and fork so what's the point. Location is great as it straddles two parts of downtown.
- My new favorite restaurantSatisfiedCustomerDined on 7/16/2014Delicious, healthy menu choices. Try those flatbreads for starters! Excellent service: prompt, knowledgeable, upbeat. Nice sized, round table seated our party of six perfectly; everyone could talk to and hear each other. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeenyHDined on 7/16/2014Really good food. Great service. Lovely outdoor setting.Special Features:
- datenightcharmerVIPDined on 7/16/2014Nothing remarkable about this place, and definitely not for the price. After being seated right by the order up area, with four wait staff standing right there. We had them to take our order after 10 minutes of sitting there. The food was just ok. My pulled pork sandwich was full of cartilage and gristle, I had to pick a bone out of my mouth. The special side of the day was roasted broccoli which came out barely steamed and definitely not roasted with clumps of cheap parmesan dumped on top. THAT WAS $8 ?!? When the server finally cleared our plates away, we begged for our check and left as quick as possible. By the time we left, the place was full of professionals. I guess the location is key, but I won't be going back.
- So lucky the other place was fullRussBDined on 7/15/2014We stumbled on this place when our first choice was full, and immediately knew that Woodford Table should have been our first choice. Fantastic staff - fabulous food - great atmosphere. We'll go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little to recommendRockcVIPDined on 7/15/2014Hosted friends for dinner and the main dining area was so loud we asked for space in an adjoining room, which felt more like a cafeteria. They seated us at a table that tilted by at least an inch whenever one put an elbow on it. The food was mediocre. I ordered the sea bass which came with a portion so small it might as well been a tapas. My spouse ordered the trout which lost its taste dup to the unseasonably and dry cornmeal coating. The only highlight was the sausage flatbread which was spicy and interesting. It was not enough to recommend the restaurant however.
- DawnDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I had a very enjoyable evening at Woodward Table. The service was good and food was excellent. Stuffed clams had sausage which added some spiciness and the beet and carrot salad had a wonderful dressing. Best of all was the bananna pudding desert! I'm so glad the waiter recommended it. Extremely rich making it difficult for even two of us to finish, but it was absolutely scrumptious! I would highly recommend this restaurant and plan to go back again soon!Special Features:
- My first review of WTPhilipDeVIPDined on 7/15/2014Basically good fine and wine, if somewhat overpriced. I arrived slightly before dinner service starts (5:30), and couldn't understand why, in a largely empty restaurant, I was stuck next to the kitchen, which detracted from the ambience. Those who enjoy watching harried kitchen workers during dinner might request seating in this area.
- Don't order the donutsJacquiedotDined on 7/14/2014Everything was good except the $9 donuts. They were hard and tasteless. Dessert should never disappoint. Take those dough rocks off the menu!
- roxygurlie02VIPDined on 7/13/2014My only issue is that the price range for brunch seems to run pretty high, the food is good as well as the staff but seems like main entrees and sides could be a little less expensive.Special Features:
- Delightful BrunchSollyTomatoDined on 7/6/2014It was a completely delightful brunch experience. The crab cake was on a par with finest I have eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We sat outside and had a lovely meal. The noise level was low and the food was excellent. Don't skip the bread-it is worth the calories. I will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerCulinarianVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a great meal outside on July 5th. The service was excellent as was the food. Location is excellent, valet parking was a breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portionsCubfan213Dined on 7/4/2014Small portion sizes but very tasty. Went on July 4th. Service was a little slow but not annoyingly so. Probably would go back, but not with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectedMarylandCrabDined on 7/3/2014All of the steps of service were right on target. Too many apps to choose from, but the ones that rotate are delicious. I had the kale salad, tuna(salad was spicy), and bread pudding. All was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchDinerinDCDined on 7/2/2014It was during the work week, and we had a reservation. We were seated within minutes our arrival. The soup and salad I ordered were both unique and delicious. The service was attentive and pleasant. What more can I say? I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Bring your own beverages?JEinDCVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food is great. The rolls on the table are yummy. It's a great location. I wish they offered the fried chicken in WTF in the restaurant. And most of all, I wish they'd refill iced tea glasses frequently! The second time and my glass sat empty for many rounds of people going by whose attention was just not able to be grabbed. Water was, this time, refreshed more frequently; but not iced tea. Odd.
- GreatHomeCookVIPDined on 6/30/2014Have been many times. Consistently excellent. Seared tuna sandwich. Roasted mushrooms. Mushroom flatbread. The take away section during the day is also excellent.Special Features:
- loved itlizzie2222Dined on 6/30/2014I went there for lunch recently and I would definitely go back. There is more on the menu I want to try and I want to check out their brunch too. The service was great. The waiter made a recommendation which I loved. My drink was never empty. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Loved it but horrible servicek101010Dined on 6/25/2014I had been there once before for a work happy hour. The food was delicious then, and it was delicious now, however, our service was horrible. We were seated in one of the bar booths and we had a girl who honestly seemed disengaged and uninterested in providing a service. I have never wrote a restaurant review - but I hope management will see this and remind their waitstaff, that they are the first representation a customer interacts with at the establishment. As a former waitress myself, I was saddened with this poor service, as I love the restaurant itself.Special Features: