1426 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodwardtable.com/
- Phone: 2023475353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Harran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Woodward Table
Jeffrey and Sallie Buben's Woodward Table, housed in the historic Woodward Building is a concept that exudes a timeless feel with neighborhood charm. Located just one block from The White House, Woodward presents a "table" of dining possibilities with two eateries...the main restaurant with its creative and diverse American menu and Woodward Takeout Food, a sprite artisanal alternative for breakfast and lunch. The soul of Woodward Table's cooking involves creating seasonal iconic American dishes, a chef's contemporary approach and a regional repertoire of ingredients. Woodward Takeout Food, aka WTF, adjacent to the restaurant, creates a quick serve American breakfast or lunch for the busy Washingtonian, available to eat in or take out. Woodward Takeout Food is like being in a good cook's kitchen...a venue of sights and sounds with the bakery of the entire restaurant located at one end. Smell the fresh baked bread and other concoctions as you place your ordContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woodward Table reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (122)great for lunch (93)good for groups (73)special occasion (62)great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (51)great for brunch (50)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (36)romantic (24)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (18)scenic view (11)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great service.TCDTDined on 8/31/2014Service was phenomenal, food was good but I felt like it had been sitting and want as hot as it could be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Sunday BrunchNbiggsDined on 8/31/2014Thoroughly enjoyed a perfect Sunday brunch while my parents were in town. Everyone's food was great! Chicken & Waffles, Steak & eggs, Croque Madame and Strawberry & Almond French Toast. Peach infused bourbon was remarkable! The server was great and kept my father happy, which is a tough thing to do! Bravo!Special Features:
- Consistently very goodeatingwellVIPDined on 8/28/2014Food and service are of very high quality. Enjoyed soft shell crab sandwich for lunch. You can't go wrong at Woodward Table. I have been there three times and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014The service, the place and the food were great. The quality of the food was unbelievable and the price were decent. Definitely coming back soon.Special Features:
- Usually very good but not this timeNickyGDined on 8/23/2014I thought WT would be a good pick for my parent's anniversary celebration. My previous two visits were very good experiences, but something was off on the Saturday night we dined (party of 5). We ordered simple beverages, Arnold Palmers. Our server added rosemary I guess to make it more interesting, but didn't ask or inform us. We didn't find her additive refreshing. Someone in the kitchen was heavy-handed on the salt. I like generously seasoned dishes, but the scallops I ordered were over-salted. The hostess sat 2 large parties in our small section. The server struggled with serving the three tables assigned to her. The noise level was loud. The table of 8 seated next to us was so loud that the server couldn't hear our order.
- Nice spot for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Really enjoyed brunch, bottomless drinks were delicious and the food was on point. I would definitely come back here again!Special Features:
- dinnereatemupDined on 8/22/2014food--very good salads; steak tartar was different w/a spicy flavoring. interesting and worth a try. my family all had burgers and felt the flavor was good, the size great, and the price fair. on the negative side, the fries were bland and slightly undercooked. ambiance--bland service--friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss out on WoodwardDCdinerDined on 8/22/2014Folks often eat at Woodward for lunch bc of its location. But I'd say not to pass it up as a wonderful dinner spot as well. Great wine list, excellent food and impeccable service. We were a group of 10 and our waiter didn't miss a beat!Special Features:
- Love Woodward TablegoodfoodloverDined on 8/22/2014Here for my birthday. There is valet parking; we arrived at 815 and were seated immediately. The restaurant has a nice bar. Appetizers: eggplant hummus & shrimp and grits; both were DELICIOUS. The S&G had tasso ham & brown gravy & was better than what I had in SC. Meals: scallops, too salty but still good; pork chop and sautéed greens. Greens had walnuts & raisins that were supposed to sweeten them but they were BITTER. The waiter substituted creamed corn which was very good. The manager came to our table a couple of times to check on us. Our waiter was great. I was surprised with a slice of peach cake w/berries and a dollop of ice cream w/HB written on the plate, on them. I will return, even alone, w/ a seat at the bar.Special Features:
- After dinner winnerMagicMoDined on 8/21/2014Met an old colleague for drinks and apps. Fantastic choice of areas (lively bar, large tables, small corners to "hide" in and catch up, etc) extensive wine list and diverse and delicious-sounding menu. Flatbreads & ceviche were both huge wins. I'll be back again without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but savory portionsrudydaleVIPDined on 8/18/2014My colleague & I both ordered the salmon main entree and were not disappointed with the flavors and textures of the dish. I wouldn't say we were disappointed, either, by the serving size, but it did seem to me that the accompanying potato and kale were much less generous than I expected and the potato was eminently forgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerBetsyDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful dinner on a Saturday night, outside, at Woodward Table. Food and wine delicious and service absolutely impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Outstanding StaffTomFDined on 8/16/2014I didn't know that it was Restaurant Week. The menu was more limited that I had anticipated. The varieties offered were still diverse and interesting. The flavor of each dish was pleasing with no seasoning overwhelming other seasonings. The Chef knows how to control the salt content of the dishes. The servers were OUTSTANDING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I absolutely loved Woodward Table during DC Restaurant Week. The service was impeccable and the courses were equally amazing. I can't wait to experience more of the menu selection.Special Features:
- Restaurant week winnerIlovedc76Dined on 8/15/2014Went for dinner during restaurant week. They had an extensive menu for the special. Had the beet & carrot salad, the pork belly entree and the bourbon brown sugar bread pudding - will be back and will order all 3 again. One of the best meals I have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingPCYinDCDined on 8/15/2014Woodward Table never disappoints, even during restaurant week when the business levels are highly eleveated the staff continues to provide an amazing dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpleasantly SuprisedJustKaramelDined on 8/15/2014I visited Woodward Table during restaurant week - this was largely based on the experience I had a Vidalia (which is a must do). First, service was impeccable and the most memorable item during my meal was the free bread. For the record, the ford was not bad just not great. My salmon was good but I've had better for less money at Mike's America Grill. My friend's duck was overcooked. The desserts were pretty bland including the pineapple upside down cart and my flourless chocolate cake. Neither dessert was worth the calories. Would I return - maybe to try the pizza, sandwich fare but for dinner - you can get more for less.Special Features:
- Much better choices aroundDlb7777VIPDined on 8/15/2014Can't recommend this one. The front 1/3 of the place is unacceptable because the noise from the bar is overwhelming. The appetizers we had were good, one entrée was ok but the other was awful, and dessert was uninspiring.
- Not bad, but underwhelmingfoodislifeDined on 8/15/2014We decided to try Woodward Table for restaurant week because it had a big menu, and a lot of the items sounded good. Overall, the dishes were hit and miss: the bread was great, and the dessert was solid, but the entrees ranged from solid (mussels) to sub-par (chicken). With all of the other great restaurants in the city, I wouldn't go back to Woodward Table. Ultimately, the meal didn't justify the price.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014A nice relaxing dinner after a day of museum hopping. A variety of dishes so no one feels left out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I finally got herepalmfanVIPDined on 8/14/2014I really liked Woodward Table and will be back. Great variety on the menu. GREAT and smart for the restaurant to just make the whole menu available for restaurant week selections. Terrific and friendly service even though the place was JUMPIN and crowded when we got there for a 1:00 reservation. I was there with two colleagues and we all were really pleased with our food and with the sizes of the portions. I've been wanting to try this place out and I'm really glad I did. I'll be back.
- Great experiencejwtimminsDined on 8/13/2014Loved the food, eating outside and loved that they allowed dogs that were well behaved in the outside dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014I went during Restaurant Week for lunch and really enjoyed my food. My beet and carrot salad was awesome and my grilled salmon was cooked just right. My daughter got a peach upsidedown cake that was great. The restaurant has a nice ambiance...professional atmosphere. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantcitygirldcDined on 8/12/2014Restaurant week find!! This place caters to an office/tourist clientele but decided to try it out. Service was great. I tried the steak tartare (my first time) and I thought why do they have a raw beef patty on my plate. Little did I know that any tartare is raw. LOL! I ended up trying it and was very flavorful especially sided with the beet/cabbage salad and crustini bread. Delish! Entrée was pan seared trout with green beans on top. Very flavorful although I kind of wished it was bit bigger. Dessert was a crusty mini blueberry pie with a tangy flavor. LOVE IT!! I prefer berry desserts so I am biased. My hubby is a vegetarian and they seemed to have a couple of pasta dishes and pizza flat breads. All in all I had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Buben restaurant!RHIIIDined on 8/12/2014Innovative, well prepared food- delicious and wonderfully presented. The restaurant is beautiful, but has a warm and relaxed feeling. Can't say enough about the service. The staff are friendly and attentive as well as knowledgeable about the food and wine. And then, there is the bar....!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekEmmaBVIPDined on 8/11/2014Unlike most restaurants Woodward Table allows you to order off their entire menu for restaurant week which was a very nice surprise. Our waiter was helpful without being overbearing. The food was incredible, I will definitely be back to try their brunch!Special Features:
- Great server!FeliciaDined on 8/11/2014My coworker and I ate here for lunch during restaurant week. I've experienced sub-par service during restaurant week at other places but our waitress was great! We ordered 6 different dishes and we were pleased with each of them. That chicken cobb salad was amazing and the crunchy char on the salmon entrée was perfecr. The only hiccup was the significant delay of our entrées. BUT our waitress was on top of checking on them, was very apologetic, and even gave us complimentary cappuccinos and desserts to go. All in all I had a solidly positive experience. It's really close to work so I will be popping in for WTF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Awkward ServiceMo1047Dined on 8/10/2014We had an 11am reservation, but the doors to the restaurant were locked until 11:10, so a bunch of people who also had 11am reservations were all waiting outside. We were in no rush, so didn't really mind the wait. We were seated at a nice outdoor table where we could see the Washington Monument. The waiter was not very friendly. He was short with us and even criticized my friend when she asked if low fat Greek yogurt was on the menu--not in a playful way--in an actually uncomfortable critical way. It made the rest of the encounters with the waiter very awkward. The food was absolutely amazing, so that made up for everything. Great brunch menu. I was just disappointed in the service.Special Features:
- Really really goodluv2eatVIPDined on 8/9/2014Everything was good- starting with the fabulous flat bread (almost the best thing) - they had something called wine on tap which was good- wine by glass did not have huge selection - all 4 of the entrees we got were terrific. The risotto was out of sight and the special swordfish was terrific. They had a fancy peach type desert that all enjoyed. As my husband said "I would go there again!" only criticism was at first our waiter was very attentive and then when we were finished and waiting for bill etc he was no where to be found....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We had such a lovely time dining here. Omar, the Manager, waited on us. He made great suggestions, the food was delicious, and the entire evening was so very enjoyable. Would not hesitate in recommending this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great fun, wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our group of six enjoyed several different seafood entrees that were delicious! A great evening.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentPCYinDCDined on 8/9/2014I have dined at Woodward Table several times and it is always an outstanding experience, never disappointing on any level. Great for dinner, great for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistent food and serviceBacciVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was my second visit to Woodward Table. My first visit was delightful. I made reservations to dine again. Service was horrific. The waiter treated us as a chore - very slow and indiffernet. My entree - the sea bass was dry and no flavor - portions were very small - very over priced. The waiter never came over to ask us how our meals were. We had to order desserts just to be satisfied. The desserts were larger than the entree and tasty. I order the 3 portion cheese board and asked to see the cheese menu. The waiter abruptly told me he was a cheese expert and he should select the cheese. I said ok but that I preferred rivh "sticky" cheeses. What came were 2 very mild, little flavor cheeses and a blue cheese. Not going back.
- Dropped offDerzingmanVIPDined on 8/5/20142 times in last 3 weeks. Service and food failing fast. I guess the Chef doesn't care anymore. Key servers have quit.
- Nice Sunday evening dining spot.NickyGDined on 8/3/2014I stopped by for dinner on a Sunday evening along with my young cousins (age 11 and 15) after an afternoon of sightseeing. We tried an appetizer (tuna poke) and various dishes (mussels, scallops and gnocchi). Everthing was very good and quite satisfying. The kids, who are picky eaters, really enjoyed their selections. We shared a dessert (wtf donuts). The donuts were a little tough, but the flavors were interesting (in a good way). The waiter was attentive, but not intrusive. The noise level was quiet, but it was Sunday and a nice evening, so many diners were enjoying their meal outside. The hostess offered us cake pops as we left the restuarant. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicerahdigga409VIPDined on 8/3/2014Sam was amazing! He was very attentive and kept the mimosas flowing. The pastry basket is a must! The tuna poke was very good with nice crisp vegetables. Flatbreads are a good to as well.Special Features:
- Good food and viewRestonDinerDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated the opening of the Reston metro station and a friend's birthday with a trip into DC for dinner at the Woodward Table. Excellent choice! The Kale salad, crab flatbread, and summer vegetables flatbread were simply delicious. We were each too full to order entrees although we shared the peach cobbler which wasn't bad but probably wouldn't order again. Loved the bright airy feel of the bar area and outdoor seating area with full on view of the Washington Monument. Inside, music from the Motown era was infectious. Will definitely return to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!Sjh385Dined on 8/2/2014I had my birthday brunch here and I couldn't have been more pleased. The service was great and the food was amazing. The presentation was awesome. My only complaint is that my food was a little warmer. I think since it was a big group it was hard to make everything at the same time and get the temperature the same. Other than that the experience was great:) I will definitely return and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OutstandingTXGirlinDC409Dined on 8/2/2014My first visit to Woodward Table was good, but my second visit (for this particular reservation) was absolutely one of the best restaurant experiences I have had in DC since I moved here almost 18 years ago. The food was cooked perfectly and plated well. The service from our waiter Rob and the busboys was so friendly, professional, and fast. My friends and I were so impressed and we can't wait to come back again for brunch (or dinner or lunch)!Special Features:
- Standard lunch fareFoodieDanDined on 8/1/2014Good atmosphere and ambiance. Our server was great and attentive, but overall the food was average at best. We got a mushroom flatbread and ahi tuna appetizers. The flatbread only had one type of mushroom, but otherwise was delicious. The tuna was average. As an entree, I got the mussels. Sauce was underwhelming, and it wasn't even served with a bowl for my discarded shells. Overall, for the price of the menu, the food is a bit disappointing.Special Features: