150 East Park Avenue
Schwenksville, PA 19473Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.woodsidelodgeatspringmountain.com/
- Phone: 4845528457
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Michael
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A Banquet Room that holds 100 people is available for meetings and special events.
A word from Woodside Lodge
The Woodside Lodge is located on the back side of Spring Mountain. It was built in the early 1920's and is the last standing Inn among several that catered to that periods travelers who came by train to Schwenksville to escape Philadelphia 's summer heat. Our vision is to restore the Woodside Lodge to the wonderful meeting place that so many travelers and locals remember. Our Menu is Upscale American Comfort Food. We have Soups, Salads, Starters, Light Fare (Sandwiches), and delicious Entrees ranging from 14.99 to $26.00 that include House Salad, Bread Basket, Chef's Choice of Vegetable and Choice of Buttermilk Whipped Potatoes or Chef Michael's Famous Vermont Cheddar Stuffed Potato Cake!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woodside Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (13)scenic view (7)great for lunch (6)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)good for groups (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful!meccVIPDined on 8/2/2014Second time here, even better than first. Great food. Attentive and caring owner. Everyone in our party of 6 enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place for CelebratingRolloninDined on 7/26/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Woodside Lodge. We had been there years ago before it was renovated. What a GREAT place! The ambiance is nice, service was the way you want it to be when dining out and the food was delicious! My husband and I couldn't stop talking about it. We had such a great experience. We will definitely be back and will be telling our friends all about our new place. Outdoor seating was packed too...it was a beautiful night! First time using Open Table as well. So easy. Love it!Special Features:
- Very happyWrongmeal0416Dined on 7/26/2014We made last minute reservations and were given a great table on the patio. It was a beautiful night and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Local Awesomeness!Sawwhetowl2VIPDined on 7/12/2014This place is great! The service is stellar, the owners are so nice, and friendly, it makes you feel special to speak with them. We were celebrating our anniversary. They were kind enough to reseat us to an area away from the noisy larger crowds when we asked. The small plates are great, and just enough for a light dinner. We enjoyed everything thoroughly. We started with Grilled Bruschetta, and shared Baked Brie. Both items were just phenomenal. I loved the desserts too which we took 2 of home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden jemdateniteDined on 7/11/2014We met another couple for dinner and had a great time dining out on the open porch. The atmosphere was great although the road next to us was a little noisy but it didn't ruin the night (maybe putting up a few hedge/bushes) would soften the sound. Great place, will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a bit over-pricedRebeccaDined on 6/28/2014This was my first visit to the lodge. The menu was quite diverse and offered something to accommodate anyone's tastes. The food was very good but a bit overpriced for the atmosphere. I was a bit disappointed by the atmosphere in the room where we dined..it was dark and more pub-like. We had a great server; she was busy, but still very attentive and friendly. I would go back but the atmosphere is the only thing that doesn't add to the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunch was goodWilkesBarreVIPDined on 6/15/2014It was nice food was good. The greatest pop was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable1234momDined on 6/14/2014Woodside Lodge is an enjoyable place to dine. Good food and friendly service.Special Features:
- JaimeDined on 5/31/2014The overall experience was quite good. My only compliant would be the noise level in the dining room to the right of the entrance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Nice food selection, variety and specials! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Woodside Lodge reviews archive.
- reviewdontwannacookDined on 4/27/2014Have been for Brunch and Dinner. Food has never dissapointed. Staff is warm and friendly. Half price hamburger night on Wednesday is a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it had been betterTikaDined on 4/12/2014The setting is lovely and the restaurant itself is nice. Great front porch. The seating inside was OK. Two of us sunk deep on the bench and ended up sitting on our legs. The food was adequate. The service was slow even though the place was only about half full. The waiter was rather inattentive, too. We had to flag him down to get refills on drinks, even though he swung through the area a couple of times. We learned that waiting our turn didn't work; he'd just leave. The busboy, on the other hand, was efficient, polite and friendly. We had really hoped this could become a regular place for us because of the location but the mediocre food and disappointing service means we won't be back.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJuanitaDined on 4/3/2014Wonderful selection and food! The soups are wonderful along with all their food. We have eaten there many times and have always had a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, quiet atmosphereGoodEatsDined on 3/16/2014I loved the Lobster Ravioli; my husband enjoyed his roast beef sandwich; wait staff were all friendly & attentive; would definately recommend it & plan to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinnerBillVIPDined on 3/15/2014Our recent dinner at the Woodside Lodge was very nicely done. In the past, the food was very good but the service was a little amateurish. Now the service is every bit as good as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and ComfortableSawwhetowl2VIPDined on 3/2/2014I started with the French onion soup, and we thrilled with the flavor and cheese! We had the crispy risotto balls which were fabulous! We enjoyed the cider brined roast pork tenderloin and the braised brisket with bourbon and cranberry glaze. Everything was just wonderful, and we also got to tour the rooms of the lodge which was beautifully appointed and looks very comfortable and inviting. The inn is a quaint and very well decorated venue for events, which we hope to use in the not-so-distant future. It is amazing that this little oasis is just 10 minutes from our home. We love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice2morepleaseDined on 2/27/2014Got seated promptly at a large comfortable table. Dining room was crowded but the room absorbed the noise well so my wife and I were able to have a fairly quiet ,pleasant evening. Our waitress was very nice, attentive and knowledgeable. The pumpkin soup special was delicious. Both our mains were very good. My wife wanted to give a big thumbs up to the lobster ravioli. An important thing to me was the meal was paced perfectly. Each course was brought out right when it should have been. Even though business was brisk we were never rushed. A very nice menu and we are both looking forward to trying some of their other offerings. Our first visit but definitely not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Sunday DinnermemereDined on 2/23/2014Enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of the dining room . The Soup of the Day was delicious. Our waitress was courteous and friendly. She made us feel right at home, knowing it was our first visit to the restaurant. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good local restaurantDperlDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I dined at the Woodside this past weekend. I was impressed that there was a restaurant so close to our home that was this good. The atmosphere was simple but cozy. The service was very good,. The food was better than we expected. I had the French onion soup and my husband had the New England clam chowder both were delish. We were not rushed at all which is very important to us. I had the lobster ravioli which was good, my husband the Ny strip that was excellent for not being a steak house. All and all we would recommend, and I already did to my best friend!Special Features:
- Valentine's Day was the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day was the first time my husband and I ate at Woodside Lodge. I had driven by on a daily basis while the construction was being done prior to the opening of the restaurant, and I had mentioned to my husband that I wanted to eat there after it opened. We were very impressed with the food, the wait staff was friendly and attentive (although our waiter forgot my husband's beer). Our table was a little lop-sided (it moved every time we cut our food, which was a little annoying), but overall it was an enjoyable evening and I would recommend The Woodside Lodge to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great FindDiningisfunDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I made a last minute Valentine's Day dinner reservation at the Woodside Lodge. We had passed it several times before but just never seemed to stop. What a great surprise. The staff was welcoming and the decor was comfortable. We were seated by the fireplace. We went with the price fixed menu. It was a great selection and a great deal. We also ordered one of their soups which was delicious. We had a wonderful evening and a great meal. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodsideMm112Dined on 1/25/2014Good taste was really good but wasn't really hot. Bench seats need to be firmer!! Too soft.. Ended up sitting almost table level ... Overall experience was really good ... Definitely will go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice casual diningPatZDined on 1/25/2014Went there for a quick bite to eat. Service was good waiter very friendly and informative , food selection a bit limited but well prepared and hot when served. The wine list could use some improvement. A bit noisy area rug would help quiet the room. Over all a nice spot to relax in a casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- 1st impressions are everything!!billkDined on 12/31/2013I was looking for a new place to try in the area when I came across the Woodside Lodge. My fiance said that she had eaten there in the past, but not in several years, she wanted to go back. Being that it was New Year's Eve they had a preset, fixed priced menu. All 4 courses were delicious and well matched. The entree choices were typical and we both had the surf and turf - Outstanding!! I overheard a few other people commenting that their food was delicious also (not sure what their entree was). I would have given a 5 star rating, however being that it was my 1st time there I had no other experiences there to compare to. Will I go back - definitely. Will I try other foods - definitely. Will I recommend Woodside to a friend - already have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner.127dinerDined on 12/7/2013I took my wife here for her birthday. We drove by it many times and loved how it was restored. The experience exceeded our expectations. The food was excellent, the staff was great and it was very nice inside. We will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodLocalFoodiesDined on 11/2/2013We decided to give Woodside another try after having serious service problems soon after it opened. We were delighted with our experience this time and will be back often. The service was wonderfully attentive and the pace of our dinner was not rushed. The food was excellent, well prepared, and there is a good selection on the menu. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woodside Lodge once and doneMrMDNDined on 10/25/2013My wife and I are new to the area and we've been trying out local restaurants looking for places to take friends and family when they come to visit. I can say without a doubt Woodside will not be making that list. We asked the waitress what she recomended and she basically reread the whole menu for us which probably should have tipped us off. I had the "slow roasted" brisket of beef which tasted like it had been heated in a microwave and was maybe the smallest portion size I've been served as an entree at a restaurant. My wife had the veal oscar which came out luke warm. If I have bad service and a good meal I usually give a place a second chance, but going 0 for 2 means I won't be back.
- Awesome place to eatghm6306Dined on 9/14/2013we have been here three times and have not had a bad meal. The food is always hot and plentifully. The staff is pleasant and helpful. It was my mother in laws birthday and they made her feel special. She even made their Facebook page. Definitely a need to try place. The mist important thing the food is not over priced. Excellent atmospher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Country PlaceCountryGirlFoodieDined on 9/10/2013It was a beautiful drive to the restaurant taking the back roads. The hostess was very nice as well as the waiter. We are looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally enjoyed. Staff verymeccVIPDined on 8/31/2013Totally enjoyed. Staff very friendly, accommodating and attentive. Food exceptional. Had an enjoyable meal including talking about the paintings on the walls, especially the one that happened to be painted by a staff member.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise locationOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2013First time since it's been completely redone, sat out on the porch, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Outside diningEatoutDined on 8/14/2013My family and I love your restaurant, this is the third time we've eaten at your establishment. My husband and I have enjoyed a couple date nights there. My favorite thing about your restaurant is the out side porch, because we love eating outside when the weather is nice!!! Last but definitely not least, the food has always been great!! It's great having a good restaurant near by!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2013Food was good and the service was great. I would recommend as a nice place to meet friends and family for a good time. The place looks great with a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A vibrant place to eatZaphodDined on 7/31/2013We love this little gem, just up from the Perkiomen in the woods. Food is great and service is always very positive and friendly. No hesitation in recommending it. With different dining areas there is room for intimate, groups and families... even a spacious outside porch..... We enjoy eating here... and you can even stay overnight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013Wonderful, renovated restaurant with charm and country feel. Nice outdoor deck, beautiful new bar area and scenic dining room towards back of restaurant. Very good service and friendly, helpful staff! Nice menu with entrees and sandwiches! Couldn't ask for more. Think this will be our favorite new spot! Can't wait to return with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has everything....FUN2EATDined on 7/17/2013Woodside Lodge can be any dining experience you chose. Sit on the porch and enjoy the scenery, socialize at the bar or have a more romantic dinner in the upscale indoor dining. The help is always friendly, attentive and nice to talk to. The Wednesday night burger deals along with happy hour can't be beat in both quality of food and price. It's a fun place to have an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service notAnnieDined on 7/13/2013Food was great, service not too good. Never got rolls and butter with entrees. We were greeted by the host and hostess. Were told our reservation was for indoors (we requested outdoors on Open Table rez). The hostess said they can't do a specific request like that with OT. She said they are charged a fee for using OT and we should call directly in the future. Imagine my surprise the next day when I got an email from OT stating the Woodside Lodge had cancelled our reservation. AFTER WE DINED THERE, EATING A FULL MEAL. I called the restaurant twice to rectify the situation and my calls were never returned. Thankfully OT gave me the points I should have gotten when I let them know about the situation.
- Nice findDPW43Dined on 6/23/2013Very glad we went. Service wasn't the best but it won't stop us from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicePelagicDined on 5/12/2013A nicely remodeled local gem. Food was good as was the service. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We had a great Mother's Day Brunch. Good selection of food, great tasting. They did not pack more tables in like a lot of places do for Holidays. Will go back for regular dinners.Special Features: