3201 Riverfront Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://woodshedsmokehouse.com/
- Phone: 8178774545x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm. No reservations accepted Friday- Sunday, Walk-ins only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Love
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Sunday am/pm, Monday pm, Thursday- Friday pm, Saturday am/pm. Margarita Moonlight Run, 1st Tuesday of every month. Fun- Run, 3rd Saturday of every month.
- Special Events: Margarita Run, first Tuesday of every month.
Please like our FB page to stay up to date on all of the fun!
A word from Woodshed Smokehouse
We do not accept reservations Friday- Sunday, it is first come, first serve. The Woodshed Smokehouse is chef Tim Love’s homage to all things grilled, roasted, and slow-cooked, featuring an ever rotating selection of beef, chicken, pork, wild game, fish, and vegetables, all cooked over a variety of woods and fire sources. With three smokers, two rotisseries, two wood grills, and a rotating variety of 4-5 woods on which to cook, The Woodshed is Fort Worth’s newest dining destination. However, it’s much more than just a smokehouse. With its location on the bank of the Trinity River, The Woodshed is a community meeting place, with a working garden, live music, backyard games, bicycle rentals, fresh coffee, and freshly baked pastries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woodshed Smokehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- I expected more1culinarycarnivoreDined on 7/3/2014When you go to a place owned by a famous chef “Tim Love” you anticipate luscious dishes and a desire to come back with a dilemma, “Do I order the same delicious plate again or try something else?” Not our outcome. We had six different dishes and all were underwhelming. No one at our table and several others finished. The flavor was missing, everything was bland. The meats were all overdone even the fish. Smoked meat is wonderful and should be moist and flavorful, this was jerky. This is a good place to have a beer, just don’t bother eating. Note also, meals are ale cart so simple side dishes run your bill way up. There is no children’s menu and no children friendly food but they do have a dog menu and the abundant flies eat free.Special Features:
- First Visitslyck14Dined on 6/12/2014This was a business dinner, with an out of town client. I had wanted to visit and this became the perfect opportunity. Our server was great and the food excellent, if somewhat unconventional. I loved it and will be back. I really want to try the rattlesnake!!! My wife loved the Redfish, my guest had the brisket (and finished every bit of it), and I had the full rack of pork ribs...I'm still suffering pork overload!!! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 606 reviews are from the Woodshed Smokehouse reviews archive.
- This was our first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014This was our first visit. We loved the food and the service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Barbecue on the Trinitylovehawaii2Dined on 4/2/2014Enjoyed a fun meal of barbecue . Very gourmet barbecue. Served delicious meaty ribs, brisket, cabrito sausage which was the selected meat sausage of the day. Great cole slaw. Ambience on the river was excellent. Service for our large group of 8 at lunch could not have been better. Refills of iced tea were plentiful. Go and enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodshedmissmouseDined on 3/24/2014Great food joint! We really enjoy Tim Love and his wonderful food!Special Features:
- Impress your friendstexasedgarDined on 3/22/2014I invited family from out of town to eat and had a great time. We had the beef shin, ribs, Mexican corn , and different deserts. The waiter was great but the cooks work not very friendly with off the menu items (we wanted grilled jalapenos). Other than that its one of the best if not the best places to eat out if you want to impress someone. All together it was a little expensive but worth every cent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy in my tummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014My favorites were the ham with their sweet and spicy barbecue sauce and their homemade hummis with campfire bread. Delicious. The view is great over a river. This is an outdoor restaurant that is dog friendly. Dress appropriately for the weather. I plan to eat here again if I am in Fort Worth. The service was also great each person we came unto contact with was happy and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!CacFWDined on 3/19/2014We went here for a team lunch and it was wonderful! Our server was on top of things and got us in and out of there in a timely manner. Also, the food was superb. It was still a little too chilly to sit outside, but I will definitely be going back when it warms up to enjoy the patio!Special Features:
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014If you plan in going on a weekend with no reservation.... Good luck no way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect day in the sunOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/12/2014It was beautiful to sit outside in the sun on a crisp day in March for lunch. The food was great, the service was friendly and perfect balance of attentive and comfortable. I LOVED the music that was playing, makes me want to come back for a mid day ice tea and a small plate and work outside. My boyfriend was in town from snowy Chicago and it was glorious for him to enjoy the food and sunshine before going back to cold and snow. We walked away satisfied and smelling like a barbecue, which isn't a bad thing at all. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy SurpriseGirlonabdaymission1980Dined on 2/27/2014I had driven by The Woodshed and felt drawn by the smell and look. I chose it for my husband and father in law's birthdays. It was a total hit!!!!! Loved by each! We will definitely be back, especially with out of town food lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food outshines everything else.TXJPVIPDined on 2/23/2014It's a really, really good thing that the food here is so amazing because that is the only thing that makes up for the staff being so incompetent and inept. The night we dined the hostess, who was more focused on her cell phone than anyone in front of her, first tried to seat us at the bar which did not carry the full menu then begrudgingly sat us in the main dining room. The server was nice but we only saw her when she took our order, brought our food and delivered the check - not once did she check in. Beyond the awful service, the food was amazing and would be worth going back for. Just know going in you will get great food and unfortunately you will have to stomach the sorry service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Enjoyed the evening very much. Good food and good service.Special Features:
- Best BrisketQuincyDined on 2/21/2014It's built as a foodie place, but the brisket is as good as any hole-in the wall, one-pit, mom and pop BBQ place.Special Features:
- Always a treatGregVIPDined on 2/20/2014We took the in-laws and they thought it was amazing. What a great place to bring out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woodshed BBQtmontDined on 2/17/2014The Woodshed is a good addition to For Worth dining. Their beef BBQ while a good cut of meat was a little to dry for my liking. It was also to heavy on the salt. My wife had the tacos with the meat of the day and they were very good. The Woodshed hummus is excellent.Special Features:
- For Meat & Beer LoverskatedeeDined on 2/16/2014I have been here multiple times, and have always really enjoyed every bit of food placed upon my table. I don't eat a lot of meat, but I would eat meat at Woodshed every day if I had the chance. Great food- so much flavor! I gave the service only one star because the hostess was a little rude. I know it's a high stress environment, i've been there. But it is still customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make a reservationCindyDined on 2/16/2014Glad we made a reservation! Others had a 2 hour wait. The food was good and service was also. The drink prices were a little expensive but delicious. The fan was on in our area and was a little chilly. The next area over had heaters on. Nice for special occasion as our was a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Valentine DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Ben was an attentive server with excellent menu knowledge and recommendations. Appetizers were delivered within minutes of order and spectacular. We tried the whitfish dip as well as the tortillas/camp bread with the fat drippings from the smoker. Amazing flavor. Main courses included brisket stuffed peppers, rabbit and snake sausage, and bulgogi tacos. Meet was tender and savory. Desert was cherry/chocolate cobbler and was the only dish that was not stellar, just ok. Overall the place was great and will be recommended to fiends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- web menu different from actual menuordinaryDined on 2/15/2014I was disappointed in menu selection. We printed the web menu and when we were ordering from restaurant menu inhouse there was a different selection. Web menu was more extensive than in house menu. Food we ordered was good. My husband loved his sandwich & we both loved the whitefish appetizer. Also, frozen margaritas was unavailable & I was served margarita on rocks in plastic 8oz cup for $9.00 (not a value) Most dining was outdoors, & evening was very cool. So go prepared. Rated on 5 best & 1 least I personally rate this a 3. A different experience far sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice, But PriceyCarnivoreDined on 2/15/2014Took my Wife and Daughter for a late lunch recently, and was impressed overall. Our server was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu. My Daughter had the pulled pork sandwich with freshly made kettle chips, which she claims was the best she'd ever had. I had the sausage of the day (elk), which was very good and paired with house-made mustard and pickles, both of which were excellent. I also tried their deconstructed Bahn Mi tacos, which were delicious, but the smoked pork was not very hot when it arrived. My wife had the Bulgogi tacos, which were fantastic, and the smoked rutabaga with goat cheese, which was also very good. Overall, very pleasant, but a bit pricey; our meal, with two beers and a soda was $86.00 (with tip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!EatingGoodDined on 2/15/2014Huge fans of Tim Love and all his restaurants, but we really love the Woodshed! Great ambiance, scenery and of course, FOOD!Special Features:
- AttitudeSpeedmacVIPDined on 2/15/2014Is everything when food is mediocre and both are out of balance here. Maybe it is hip to be chef centric but when it comes at the expense of the customer's enjoyment priorities need review. Food was pedestrian quality, sometimes inspired but often just bland.
- First time and DefinatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014First time and Definately not the last time. Jason was our server and recommended some great food choices and they were outstanding. We will be back for sureSpecial Features:
- Valentines NightgabbydogDined on 2/14/2014It was year to plan our v-day dinner. I made reservations at Lonesome Dove but then needed to cut back on the budget so I looked at Tim Love's list of restaurants in the area. This one is a great alternative to the higher price menu. (But I still want to go to Lonesome Dove sometime). The menu is interesting, the food good and the service was great. I could not believe the open out door feel and the fire pits are our favorite thing to have. We ate in the covered area but then went outside and sat by the fire and listened to the live band. It was a perfect night with a full moon too. I could not have asked for a more perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intriguing animal choicesSallyDined on 2/14/2014Intriguing animal choices on menu. Would like to go back when the live music is performing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedfoodloverDined on 2/7/2014The food was quite pricy, but didn't live up to the price. It was okay, but not great. They didn't have the drink on the menu available that I wanted. Instead I was offered something totally different. We didn't get silverware until we waited and asked for it after our food was delivered. We ordered the meal for 4, but were informed we couldn't change our sides for something we wanted. Then for dessert we ordered 2 chocolate mousse cakes, but they only had one available. Overall, it just wasn't that great of a dining experience.
- A little loud...AniversaryDinerDined on 2/1/2014but if that's what you're looking for. The food was good, a some of it a little different. My grandson loved the idea of eating rattlesnake and rabbit sausage - my daughter-in-law, not so much! It was a little overly expensive and for a small group, it would be fine, but I don't think I will be taking a large group of people there again. It was just to expensive for that type of meal. The brisket was fall apart yummy, ribs came right off the bone and everything had great flavor. The service was fantastic.Special Features:
- ImpeccableDanGDined on 1/31/2014Incredible food, great service and atmosphere! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT atmosphere...mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2014On a beautiful day there is no place better in ft worth than the woodshed for a cold beer and great atmosphere. Just wish the food was better but over the years I often wish Tim Loves food was getting better as opposed to more expensive and less palatable. We will keep going back....before or after our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service a little offFFamily4Dined on 1/23/2014A lot of servers were in the house, but we got seated in an area with a large group and waited quite a while to be acknowledged while we saw some other staff with their backs to the wall. Not what we expect from the Woodshed. Maybe a fluke. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great food!! For Meat Eaters!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/20/2014We loved the establishment. The food was tasty and the ambiance was great, the food choices are vast, definitely for meat lovers. I would highly recommend this place and would go back. My one issue was the service was lacking in friendliness and punctuality. The hostess and the servers were indifferent. Hopefully, next time we go, the staff will be friendlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Smoked BBQ!TexasgalDined on 1/12/2014We love this restaurant. Tim Love has another hit on his hands. Love the Kale salad, and pork ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio Dinning In January!RWF1Dined on 1/10/2014The Woodshed is awesome. The food is great and there is always something different to try. I had lamb brisket for the first time, it was excellent. Service was great as well, very laid back chill atmosphere. Live band was good, yet subtle. Overall great experience. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miserable ServiceEdwdwellsDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I drove from Dallas to eat at the Woodshed on New Years Eve. We frequently drive over to eat at the Woodshed but the service on New Years Eve was miserable. Upon our arrival for our reservation, a large number of the servers were relieved "to go home". The result were disastrous service. Food was good as usual but the service was worse than unsatisfactory. Entrees were served without silverware. Our cobbler desert served without spoons to eat the ice cream-resulting in the ice cream melting before we could find spoons (silverware place setting does not come with spoons). Love the food but the service was miserable. Will not return any time soon. Lo siento y adiós.
- Food great, service even betterFFamily4Dined on 12/31/2013Once again, the Woodshed did not disappoint. Service was fantastic and the food was great. Tried the buffalo sausage for the first time. Great. Our favorite place to go to enjoy a casual dinner.Special Features:
- More than meat's the eye(ful)BigDDined on 12/28/2013Bad puns aside, know that if you go during a prime time, and turn off your daily grind mode, all of your senses will synchronize and the damn fine food will just be one element of a glorious stream enveloping your faculties. And after a joycean sentence like that, I should recommend something specific, but I won't... exactly. Traditional Q or New Q, you're going to want to get "Today's Sausage" to share with your table(or keep to yourself). Have a beer. Enjoy the music. Look at the happy people. Then go home satiated and smelling like the best campfire you never stood around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is great exceptbruceDined on 12/28/2013Everything is great except how the beverages are served. with so much attention to detail, we were disappointed the beer and coffee was served in "to go" cups. Good ales should be poured in a globe glass to enhance the flavor. coffee should be served in ceramic mugs. That is my only suggestion for improvementSpecial Features:
- great BBQkdbensonVIPDined on 12/27/2013Love atmosphere & BBQ ribs. Wanted a moscow mule but couldn't make it -surprised me.Got a $30 gift card for having problems w/ $100 gift card when we dined 2 mons ago Manager had given it to us bc he stated he wanted us to return.So when waiter came back &said there was $0 on card, it surprised us. Manager on duty came, we told her the story & instead of making it right, she said she was sorry & asked if we knew who it was! Really?? Honestly, a good manager would've just taken $30 off the bill..period. We dine out a lot & we expect places to honor what they give us. Didn't think it was necessary to ask for name/ proof of $ on card.She asked for our name & # , said she'd "look into it" We didn't lie but w/e.Disappointing.Waiter was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite mustSisterMRyDined on 12/16/2013My fiancé and I celebrated our one year anniversary here on Monday dinner. Great food, great service. It is definitely a must go for anyone who wants a nice twist on BBQ. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.