Woods Restaurant & Bar
45 Colborne Street
Toronto, ON M5E 1E3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Woods Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodsrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4162149918x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French, Canadian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Woods Restaurant & Bar
This special spot is a bucolic celebration of the best of Continental, French, Italian and — natch — Canadiana. As elegant as it is natural, Woods Restaurant serves up seasonal, sustainable local ingredients in a space that is as authentic rustic chic as the day is long. Service of Canadian- and Mediterrean-influenced dishes (like wild buttery Digby scallops with brown butter cauliflower and melt-in-your-mouth Ontario lamb burger) is languid and efficient here, under the wooden branch and raindrop chandeliers and inside the flood of natural light painting the handsome wood interior in front- and back-window strokes. And owner Bruce Woods has furnished the 80-seat St. Lawrence neighbourhood proceedings with a serious international wine and craft-brew list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCanadian
Woods Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Woods Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)special occasion (54)romantic (45)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (16)hot spot (13)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Lunch Spotallie13Dined on 10/6/2014Cool, quiet and comfortable. Great food, interesting menu (food served a little on the cool side). Approx. $100 per person incl.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Had an amazing dinner at Woods. Maple Syrup pie with nutmeg ice cream is worth a trip just for dessert but the mains and entrees were delicious too.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and the service was amazing. Great meal and all the little extras by the server and owner to recognize our special occasion was very much appreciated. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014The food was below expectations. The charcuterie board had a nice selection of meat but the pickeled vegetables were not enjoyed by anyone in our party. The temperature on the steak was perfect, but the sauce on the steak had an unappetizing floral taste to it that detracted from the quality of the steak. The one postive note was in the friendliness and attentiveness of the service staff.Special Features:
- FlapperDined on 9/27/2014The room is stunning and the concept is interesting. Service was attentive and the menu read well. Unfortunately the food was not well executed. The foie gras was overcooked and overall, it didn't represent good value for the price.
- Fantastic Service/FoodgreeneeizDined on 9/27/2014Well-catered service and perfect course delivery timing, along with delicious chef treats for the special occasion. This is second time coming and will not be the last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryJosephDined on 9/27/2014AWESOME!!!!!! Amazing food and waiter was also. Would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we tried!TBandJBDined on 9/26/2014We were heading to a comedy event at the Sony Centre and were looking for somewhere new to try. We had a selection of four places new to us and decided upon Woods - and we are SO glad we did. Everything, and I really mean everything, was fantastic!Special Features:
- Delicous!FirsttimerDined on 9/26/2014Delicious food, very accomodating to food restrictions, and wonderful service! The atmosphere was beautiful, we'll definiely be returningSpecial Features:
- Huge disppointementfoiegrasDined on 9/25/20141) Service was very poor: one server showed up all of sudden (we thought he was someone straight from the street); lck of coordination; slow 2) FOOD: foie gras : a tiny tiny tiny piece of greasy 'something' I could not identify what it was hidden under dry confit de canard. I am from France and have eaten lots of foie gras in my life. And pricey. Pickerel: tasteless. 3) Wine list: okay. The only good thing was the wine. All your examples are extremely positive. But unfortunately this was a very bad experience.
- I would not returnHonestbrokerDined on 9/16/2014While the service was fine, the food was not. The tuna was tasteless. The steak frites was a thick slap of gristly beef and huge wedges of potatoes (not frites), accompanied by oversalted wilted spinach. A weird "amuse bouche" of pasta carbonara preceded the starters. I do not recommend this restaurant nor will I return.
- Great serviceTdotfoodieDined on 9/5/2014Service was amazing and the owner or manager, not sure who it was, wa very polite and attentive. Food was unique and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new spotAwesomeDined on 9/3/2014Woods Restaurant exceeded every expectation I had. My girlfriend and I love to share meals so we get a taste of everything. We started with the Charcuterie and steak tar tar, we were then brought complimentary scallops which definitely brought up the excitement for our mains. For our entree's we had the spaghetti and bison meat balls and the duck breast (the fried scallions were a delightful addition). Finally for desert we had the raspberry macaronnade and the nanaimo bar cheese cake, both were a perfect end to our meal. We were brought complimentary ice wine to go with dessert as well. In the end it was around $140 which is incredible considering all the food we got along with a glass of wine each.Special Features:
- Very interesting experienceOrengoVIPDined on 8/30/2014The concept of having the food prepared right in front of you is very interesting. The wine selection could be improved however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlacePeony08Dined on 8/28/2014Maybe it was because it was my wife's birthday, but this is a romantic place for two people to dine if they're in love. The charcuterie is easy to share and to start a meal with an amuse bouche and end with a complimentary taste of chocolate made the Canadian entrees that much more special. Great bartender and it was nice to see an involved manager walking the floor and shaking hands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this place is underatedsteakloverVIPDined on 8/27/20144 of us were in for lunch and we all loved our food....solid portion sizes which is rare in toronto !! great dessert list which i plan on trying when i bring my wife back for dinnerSpecial Features:
- All in all pretty darn good!MauercDined on 8/16/2014The menu was interesting and had many options for me. I ended up having the tuna tartare (ask for a side of their homemade chips to go with it) - it was fresh and gingery. The main was chicken cordon bleu which was decent. Our waitress was lovely and gave us a small cheese plate complimentary. We had a great wine list and chose Cakebread Cellars which was very good.Special Features:
- mandyDined on 8/16/2014boyfriend took me there for my birthday, everything is good. i love the foie gras soooo much, they make it just perfect. i would love to go back and eat that!!!! the decor is so good!! wish they will add more stuffs or change a little bit on the menu once in a while though.Special Features:
- Great evening at WoodspsdoesdinnerDined on 8/15/2014Wanted a special venue for our wedding anniversary and Woods delivered. The food was fantastic and my wife commented that her meal was the best she's had in a very long time. We will definitely go back at some pointSpecial Features:
- First visitCrobDined on 8/13/2014Food was good except for scallops. Was pleasantly surprised by an amuse and an unordered desert. Service was excellent. Decor was not changed much from previous life. Ambience is very good. Would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Really wonderfulanonymousDined on 8/7/2014I was very happy with my meal at Woods - the white gazpacho in particular was stunningly good. The restaurant is a beautiful space with a peaceful atmosphere, and the service was unfailingly attentive and courteous (particularly impressive in view that I was on my own, and significantly younger than most of the patrons). Very very highly recommended!Special Features:
- special place.mickschoiceDined on 7/28/2014Our 4th time and will continue to return. Have recommended restaurant to several people and received many thanks afterwards. we now bring special guests to dine with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sustainable seafood & great serviceNomaVIPDined on 7/26/2014I was so excited to see that all of their seafood was ocean wise. The organic beet salad was great, as was the yellowfin tuna. To top it off, our waiter was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Find in the heart of downtownFabulousDined on 7/22/2014Exquisitely prepared dishes, having creative combinations of tastes and attractive presentations. I loved the wood boards, the lack of excess, the wide selection of totally different options. For example, the all Canadian specialties included a perfect green salad and a Quebec sautéed fois gras on toast. For Mains, my husband had a sensational lamb burger while I enjoyed a filleted Pickeral on cranberry- wild rice- risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liv2EatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, good value and wonderful service. We were provided with complimentary salads while waiting for our entrees. The salad was great and very much appreciated. Will definitely come back again (unlike the restaurant that was previously in that location).Special Features:
- UtirDined on 7/18/2014We came here for a friends birthday, the service was absolutely amazing. Our waitress was kind, funny and she went above and beyond to give us an amazing experience followed by her recommendation to Pravda.Special Features:
- One of the best meals I've ever hadTimothyhcDined on 7/18/2014I recently celebrated my partner's birthday at Woods. What a treat! The food was beyond delicious and beautifully presented. We started with the Digby Scallops, Charcuterie and Smoked Fish Trio. I ordered the Lake Huron Pickerel and my partner had the Duck Breast. The meal was paired with a yummy bottle of red from their impressive wine list. Dessert was delicious and my partner's plate even came with a "Happy Birthday" message and candle. The staff definitely went above and beyond to make it a special evening for my partner. Our server was super friendly and the service was impeccable. No regrets - only wish we had more room in our tummies to try even more dishes! The space is beautifully decorated as well. Perfect for a romantic meal.Special Features:
- Lunch at Wood's Restaurant & Barluv2eatDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant is definitely a restaurant we will return to. It was fantastic. Food was great, service was extremely friendly and prompt. It definately is a restaurant I will recommend for company functions. I had tuna tartar with three (3) oysters. Was great!! Overall the experience was outstanding. Hard to judge what the noise level would be as there were not many people in the restaurant for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fois notwithstanding Faux Pas!ChoosiefoodieDined on 7/5/2014In selecting Woods to celebrate my husband's birthday, one criteria outweighed all others...the presence of seared Foie gras on the menu- his absolute favorite. That, and being qualified as one of top 10 best new restaurants in Toronto according to Toronto Life, my bible for all recommendations in this incredibly city with unmatched dining options. Upon arrival at the previous Colborne Lane restaurant (another one of our favorites), we were ushered to one of few tables for 2 not quite the cost table I'd requested on OT- I was happy to let it go. Adding to my annoyance was the wait for our drink orders. Many wait staff dote on one table while others go unnoticed. Seared foie was indeed the highlight. All else was good, not great.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfectTribble444Dined on 7/3/2014Ive never felt compelled to blog about a restaurant until I took my fiance to the Woods. This restaurant has absolutely delicious food, service, and cocktails. Was a perfect evening and I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- ZEatsDined on 7/3/2014Excellent food and service. I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2014Amazing meal with exceptional attention to service by Elaine and her colleagues. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for business lunchjamjrDined on 7/3/2014Very quite, private, non intrusive service that made for an effective venue to has a private business lunch. To top it off the food was outstanding the the service excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome serviceMateoDined on 7/2/2014The service is outstanding and our server made sure that we have everything we need without us asking for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary EveningBrandy05Dined on 6/30/2014We celebrated a special anniversary with some friends. The menu is small but very good. Service is attentive and pleasant. Served complimentary port and wrote Happy Anniversary on the dessert plate which was lovely. The room was quiet enough so that we could have comfortable conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantastic!Food4BenDined on 6/26/2014Woods is my new favourite dining spot in Toronto. From fantastic staff who were patient and accommodating to our party's many demands (vegetarian, no shell fish, gluten free) to the delicious menu (the duck was to DIE for) I can't wait for my next visit. The only one draw back was that it got a bit noisy but chalk that up to people just having a great time!Special Features:
- An elegant oasis.PeskyCanadianDined on 6/24/2014The extraordinary food is only outshone by the remarkable service. Our server had an intuitive and deft touch. I often take clients there for that reason. It is a hidden gem.Special Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the Woods Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014First time there and loved it! The atmosphere was fantastic and the spaghetti with Bison meat balls were amazing! I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible MealfoodfiendDined on 6/20/2014Woods did not disappoint. It was my party's first time dining there and we were all impressed. Not only was the food incredible and a bit better priced than some of the restaurant's competitors, they gave us a complimentary charcuterie plate for no particular reason. The service was also top notch.Special Features:
- Rally impressedfoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014It has been a while since we have been impressed by a new restaurant in Toronto. There were great choices on the menu. We both fish dishes, one had the halibut with kale and farro and one had the wild salmon. When did clean healthy food taste and look so good. We were very impressed. The desserts were delicious and creatively presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.