Woodruff's Artisan Foods & Cafe
966 Gravenstein Hwy S
Sebastopol, CA 95472Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Woodruff's Artisan Foods & Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodruffsartisanfoods.com/
- Phone: 7078292141x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm; Dinner: Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch Saturday: 9:00am - 3:00pm: Brunch Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: David Woodruff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Woodruff's Artisan Foods & Cafe
At Woodruff’s Artisan Foods & Café, we wish to bring to our customers handcrafted, artisan foods, which are both unique as well as traditional, with an emphasis on locally produced goods. Our goal is to present the very best of Northern California with offerings inspired from the great culinary cultures of the world. So, please come in, dine with us and try one of our select Sonoma County wines or perhaps something from our extensive beer selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woodruff's Artisan Foods & Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Woodruff's Was What We NeededOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/23/2014For this trip to wine country we decided to stay in the smaller town of Sebastapol. Being tired after a day of touring we looked for something close to the Fairfield Inn we were staying at. Woodruff's popped up and we went. The area does not impress. The parking lot is strange (some medical facility seems to reserve it all but fortunately not in the evening). But the food and service were just right for tired people who didn't want to work hard at dinner. We actually went back a second time during our week for the same reason. Excellent food, prepared interestingly, friendly servers. Don't be turned off by the setting and enjoy when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Woodruff's Artisan Foods & Cafe reviews archive.
- Absolutely a TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014I was totally and very pleasantly surprised. The wait staff was excellent, very sweet, personable ,knowledgeable, great sense of humor. Our waitress was very accommodating and fun. The food was incredible, beautiful presentation, great portions and the flavor swerve exceptional . They have a pastry chef, need I say more. Will definitely be a regular. Try it you will like it!Special Features:
- What a disappointment!CoasttoCoastVIPDined on 2/20/2014With many good restaurants in the area, I was looking forward to a nice dining experience. The food is below mediocre. The location, the layout and the decor are depressing. The service was polite.
- Great Neighborhood FindLidosailorDined on 1/18/2014We were very pleasantly surprised at the excellent food served. We had expected a decent meal that turned out to be excellent. The service is pleasing with attentiveness. The kitchen is open. My guests had truffle and spinach ravioli which they rated as excellent. I had a split pea soup that hit my taste spot. My beef medallions were cooked to order with a tasty sauce. Definitely is on my return to list.Special Features:
- We were there on a specialElceeVIPDined on 12/5/2013We were there on a special evening that was a fund raiser for Food for Thought / Dining Out for AIDS. We took our Grandsons, and there wasn't too much on the menu for them. The wait staff was great and did try to work with us. We've been there before, and have always enjoyed the food and quite ambience. The people in the kitchen really care about turning out good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKelleyVIPDined on 11/22/2013What a great little neighborhood find. Nice local menu, food was wonderful, cafe style restaurant. Took 45 min's. to get a salad and 70 minutes to get our entree, but we'll be back - they got hit with two large tables - only two cooks working. Server was sweet.Special Features:
- Great n tastyNickm007VIPDined on 11/13/2013Great food. Great service. Decent prices. Really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find, a gem above othersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/5/2013This hidden away spot has great service and an extensive menu. All the food is well prepared and presented. House made bread is served with each meal; the polenta bead is great toasted! There are several vegetarian dishes on the menu and some can be vegan, too. They have a wonderful beer list and will assist in making your personal selection. Local artists have artworks on the walls, so there is a rotating gallery to see while dining. You will be glad to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestaurantGeneDined on 10/1/2013Service and food have been consistently good. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Food Here!Jay64VIPDined on 9/19/2013We tried this restaurant for the first time and were completely surprised. The first surprise was in getting there. Restaurant is tucked back in behind some other stores and is not completely visible until you look for it. Finding it is the beginning of a great food experience. Once inside, we had a wonderful meal and had great help. I highly recommend this place and will be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful greatCordyDined on 9/17/2013Absolutely wonderful great service and presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surprisePilotgalDined on 9/12/2013My mom heard about this place from our local newspaper and thought we should check it out. It's back in a corner of a little stip mall. Not what I expected, but how nice it was. The decor is a little dated and I thought it should have a little bit more modern feel, but that didn't take away from the food. I think they are trying to go for that country diner look, but they are so much more. The staff was excellent and seem to be very attentative, even though it seemed like they were still training. There weren't that many people in the place as it's fairly new. We had the Grilled Cheese and soup and also the wedge salad Both excellent. The smokey tomato soup was outstanding. Good flavor and the smoke taste was unique and good! Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood GEMLWT1VIPDined on 6/15/2013food was terrific....the bread homemade bread is amazing....service terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.