38601 SE King Street
Snoqualmie, WA 98065Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodmanlodge.com/
- Phone: 4258884441
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Tue-Sun
Brunch on Sat-Sun 10am-3pm
Happy Hour Tues-Fri 4-6pm Bar Only
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Jere Scott
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Woodman Lodge Banquet room is the perfect location for your business meeting or conference.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Grant 8884906508
- Entertainment: The Woodman Lodge offers Interactive Dinner shows once a month as well as for private events by request.
This is interactive comedy theater with a twist, as some attendees can become actual suspects!So just tell us if you want someone in your party to be involved when making your reservation, and we can help you accuse your friends & family of nefarious crimes by setting them up as suspects in the mystery (behind their backs of course! )Whatever happens at the end of the evening, we guarantee that someone will be leaving in handcuffs!
- Special Events: NW Anglers Dinner planned for April 10th 2013. See our website or Facebook page for event details.
A word from Woodman Lodge
Modern dining meets authentic history at Woodman Lodge Steakhouse. Standing as a tribute to a bygone era, it honors the hardworking men and women of the Snoqualmie Valley - nurturing the community spirit by bringing families together for wholesome, social and recreational activities. As a historic steakhouse and saloon, the Woodman Lodge offers an extensive menu of amazing Hors d’ oeuvres, soups, salads, grilled items, entrees, burgers and sandwiches. These can all be enjoyed in the warm, cozy and comfortable atmosphere along with a wide variety of drinks from the full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woodman Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (47)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (23)great for brunch (22)romantic (18)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (17)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Here's the BEEF,ELK,BUFFALO and...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We will be back need I say more. It is reasonably priced, a smidgen high but you pay for what you get. I would say that for a succulent juicy cut of meat; Woodman Lodge set the bar!!!! Daniel's broiler, Ruth Chris you have good meat but Woodman Lodge has won my over my mouth.Special Features:
- High end steaksFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Lodge offers reasonable selection of different choices. While the price is as high as expected for a specialty steak house, the service is superb and friendly with Snowqualie charm. The different cuts we ordered were all delicious. I would never thought I would finish the 20 oz cowboy cut Nebraska ribeye and felt like having more! Wine selection is also great. Conclusion: Will come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib is Excellent!SkijinksVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Dining Room at The Salish Lodge was booked so we decided to give Woodman Lodge a try. Dinner was great! The prime rib was cooked perfectly. The portions are very generous, so go hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boycedebsDined on 8/15/2014First time to this restaurant and it was very good. The food was good and the service was good. Will go back againSpecial Features:
- Great dinner out with friendsFoodieGalDined on 8/9/2014We decided at the last minute to come to the Woodman Lodge for dinner. It was not our first time there so we knew what to expect. We were welcomed at the door and our table was ready for the six of us. We had the artichoke appetizer and that is my very favourite thing on the entire menu. Don't miss it! Our waiter, Alex, was fantastic. He entertained us the whole time we were there. Our main courses were great - Chicken and ribs, prime rib, sea scallops, clams, bison burger & pork chop. We all enjoyed our meals and then had some dessert. The hot fudge sundae is huge! The best part of the whole restaurant is the atmosphere. It's in a beautiful, historic building and it's gorgeous inside and out. We look forward to coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We come for prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014If you're in the mood for meat, this is the place. The prime rib is consistently perfect. We have been here a number of times, always thrilled when the food is presented because it's always cooked the way we order it, medium rare. The baked potato is so good, all four of us just order the identical thing.Special Features:
- Food was fantasticEatingoutagainDined on 8/2/2014My steak was amazing! Service was great too! We had the artichoke appetizer ... So yummy. I had the steak oscar ... It was cooked perfectly and was delicious! My Martin was wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Boar was not boringFoodAdventuresDined on 8/2/2014I loved the wild boar and garlic mashed potatoes! A fantastic meal. My wife had the steak Oscar and she said it was okay. She was not overly impressed with her steak. The atmosphere was great! The staff was friendly and attentive. We had the berry crumble for dessert which was excellent. This is a place not to miss when in Snoqualmie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Really enjoyed the general manager, Robert Izen! He made our dining experience very enjoyable as did our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD!earlyriserDined on 8/1/2014The last time we ate here, everything was great. This time, not everyone's food choices were. Mine was great - I had the prime rib. And if you want a lot of food, you will get it here. Three out of four of us left with left-overs. The service was a little stressed. The rustic charm of the place was lost on those who did not appreciate the view of all the animal heads on the wall while eating. We like it and will continue to go there as a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in SnoqualmieDaphneDoesDeliciousDined on 7/26/2014This is quite the unexpected find in the little town of Snoqualmie. Food is delicious and it's good ambiance for a wintery date night. The owner was attentive, as was his staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special evening...AmbienceSeekerDined on 7/25/2014From the very first moment entering the restaurant, the staff was friendly and wonderful. The service was fast and pleasant, but not rushed. The menu had many mouth watering options. I would highly recommend whatever you order to add their special recipe baked beans. They are quite possibly the best in the world! The desserts are heavenly (the gigantic hot fudge sundae was meant to share!) and the steak was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was wonderful. The lighting is slightly dimmed to give a special feel to a nice dinner date. The manager stopped by to ensure everything was exceptional and to let us know there was a great photo opp upstairs which we took full advantage of on our way out. We had an amazing time and will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun. Food. Fantastic.SkywalkerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great place for dinner in Snoqualmie. Interesting history for the building, and the conversion to restaurant is top notch. Love the brass bear claw holding the arm rests at the bar. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, with generous portions. Waitstaff were friendly and witty. Too bad we didn't have room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/24/2014Food excellent..had the bison rib-eye..to die for. Ambiance, Snohomish has a gem. Pricey, but worth it. Try it, you'll like it..Special Features:
- Steak and Seafood at the Woodmanwhyjay91Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent steakhouse fit for a nice evening out with your significant other or with a large group. Wait staff is top notch. Steak, ribs, burger, seafood specials...all solid in preparation and delivery.Special Features:
- 49ersDined on 7/9/2014We found the atmosphere too noisy...dining tables are too close to the roudy bar customers. The food was good, but not fantastic. My baked potato was luke warm. The window needs a shade as the sun was in my husbands face for a long time.
- Great food, great place2HappyCampersDined on 7/5/2014Woodman Lodge is our favorite place for dinner. We hadn't been out for a while, and I was a little worried by recent reviews. Not to worry, it was great as always. Our server was Camille, who was very friendly and gave us just the perfect amount of attention. When she was busy, other staff cleared plates, brought water, and our meals. A very nice gentleman, who we think may be the owner, even stopped by twice to check on us. The prime rib was cooked to perfection. In the past, the noise level and music has sometimes been higher than we'd like, but it wasn't on this visit. We'll be back again!Special Features:
- Yum!bng73Dined on 6/28/2014Went on a dinner date with the wife. We were there on the early side so it wasn't busy. Our waiter was attentive and personable; and we had an incredible meal. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrookeDined on 6/21/2014We had a large group of 12 people. We were seated immediately upstairs. The ambiance was great as was the service and food. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HUGE Disappointment!Frankie644Dined on 6/20/2014We made reservations here on a Friday night at 6:15pm. We were seated up stairs, which is like a large boardroom. No ambiance and very loud. If this wasn't enough of a disappointment, they then ushered in a huge bus full of tourists. People were standing all around our table. At one point there were people leaning on our table while they lined up for food. The noise level went from loud to unbearable. Now maybe you would expect this at Denny's, but when you are paying $52 for a steak, you expect a little more courtesy from the management.Not one single person who was sitting in the upper portion of the restaurant during the tour group event will be back. Many were complaining. We didn't even finish our main course before we left. Sad.Special Features:
- Woodman LodgeOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/19/2014It was very ,very good ,as ALWAYS and we go back time after time and will continue to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014My family and I have ate at the Woodman Lodge numerous times over the past few years. We would rate the food as fair to very good, our last experience we rated the food as fair due to the fact that most of the food was over cooked and almost flavorless. We will return due to the fact that we have had some very good experiences in the past; so, don't be quick to write the Woodman Lodge off, it does deserve another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biggest complaint - the staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Overall, this is a neat place -- historical and a unique dining experience. My biggest complaint is with the staff. I was greeted by the host with an off-color joke (implying that I was drunk -- a statement I didn't appreciate in front of my kids on Father's Day. I suffer from MS, so I guess I didn't speak very clearly to him). The waitress was condescending and very unfriendly. And because the food was just so-so, I don't feel the need to go back. It's too bad, because the setting and historic building is really cool. I guess you should try it once and hope for a better reception when you get there. Just my experience...Special Features:
- Woodman LodgeSuzabelleDined on 6/15/2014The crab cake Eggs Benedict was very good. English muffins were tough and not needed. Their homemade bear claw was very good. However, their biscuits and gravy was over spiced. The Bloody Mary was a meal in itself with shrimp, asparagus, a pickle and olives. The mimosa was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damn fine place to eat. . . ..BrucethebusdriverDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is a local treasure, and is a huge asset to the Snoqualmie area.. . .great food, friendly folks. . .just plain fun !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The restuarant is small, and noisy, the food is great, one of the best steaks I have had.They have raised the prices which were high to begin with so its not a place you would go for a quick dinner. The food is good, would not recommend their spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced mediocrityav8atorDined on 6/11/2014Food was OK, but not worth the prices. Our waitress obviously wished she was somewhere else... There were food crumbs and wrappers on the window sill left from the previous diners. We were there for a special occassion, so we didn't complain (and we left a 20% tip) but we won't be going back.
- Woodman LodgeJim1Dined on 6/7/2014I highly recommend going to Woodmen Lodge for a casual or special dinner. What a gem one of the best kept secrets around. Great food and service. A little costly but well worth the price. The service and the quality of food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic & Charming Mealbg4eastsideDined on 5/31/2014From the outside the yellow wood-sided building is unstriking with the only notable feature being its proximity to the Snoqualmie railroad depot. But as you enter you step back into time into an elegant 1800's saloon and that's when your experience begins. Our visit was for my wife's 50th birthday. The menu is definitely carnivore focused featuring a variety of steak cuts, buffalo and elk. The drinks were strong. Salads were good with the wedge salad being most appealing. The food we ordered was cooked to perfection. Most impressive was the manager who recognized our dinner guests from their visit two weeks earlier. The bottom line is that this is a charming restaurant with very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/31/2014We come for the prime rib, it's the best. Perfectly cooked, medium rare for us, tender and flavorful. The baked potato is wonderful, it has a delicious roasted flavor, amazing. Veggies are crisp, just a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Delicious meal and and excellent service but please buy new silverware!! It is hard to cut a steak with the fork continually turning in your hand!Special Features:
- it was goodfoodtasterDined on 5/24/2014It was our first time at the woodmen. We had the ribs and sirloin steak. The ribs were wonderful and price was good. The steak was a good size but came out raw. We did ask for medium rare, thinking that for the price they would know how to cool it. It came out cold and not even cooked enough to bleed. It could have kicked my husband in the teeth it was that raw. But other then that it was good when they cooked it some more. The upstairs reminded me of a wedding hall. The down stairs is nice. The drinks are the best. Noah does know how to make a great drink. I would go back just for them. Over all a good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they know how to prepare prime rib!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014All four of us ordered the prime rib, knowing that this place does magic with prime rib. We were not disappointed. We ate every last bit of the meat. The baked potato was perfect as were the veggies. The green beans were perfectly cooked and the potato was the best we've all had in a long time. We drive out especially for dinner here, it's like a mini vacation, the drive is beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/17/2014Great Service,Great Food just a really wonderful place for lunch or dinner!!!!Special Features:
- Spec OccasionShymurDined on 5/17/2014Due to the prices this isn't you weekly dining location. However, it is wonderful for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown caliber foodFoodzillaVIPDined on 5/16/2014Tasty aged steak, well plated appetizers, unique cocktails, loads of tasty side dishes to complement the main course, and decadent desserts - all in a comfortable, cozy, and romantic setting. The wait staff is attentive, pleasant, and helpful. Overall a great steak house to go to for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day DinnerOutbackDined on 5/11/2014The Woodman Lodge was a great place to celebrate Mother's Day. We had a small family gathering and everyone had great time. The deserts were very good. Prime Rib was a big hit! The only negative is the Woodman is on the expensive side so sharing an entre is a great way to make it more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food was great but service was slow. Our waiter failed to check back with us very often and I felt left hanging. This has been my experience at this restaurant before so maybe some customer service training might be in order. On this day, I might guess that our waiter was getting a bit of rest after a busy morning of Mother's Day brunch. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here but for the price of the meals I'd expect more attention be paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed againJeffDined on 5/11/2014I should have learned my lesson the last time I was here. While this is a beautiful restaurant and I applaud the investment in Snoqualmie, they are still not worth my business. We were here for Mother's Day brunch. The menu was truncated for this occasion. Definitely not a place for kids as the menu is too exotic and they don't offer pancakes, waffles or French toast. We ordered eggs Benedict and got hard boiled eggs. Sent back. My son ordered a burger--burned to a crisp--sent back. My other son ordered a cinnamon roll--extremely dry. We politely voiced our concerned and the eggs and burger were redone. However, no adjustment to bill
- Not for Holidays....shwilliaDined on 5/11/2014Normally I would give the Woodman a raving review but we went there for Mother's Day and as I find with most restaurants they pair down the menu and they are all about getting the volume. I had the crab cake benedict, the crab cake was excellent but the muffin it was on could not even be cut with a steak knife. Some of the normal menu items - waffles - were not available so my daughter was disappointed. Service was OK but more interested in removing plates than filling water. Bottom line - love this place when it is not fully focused on moving people.