293 Palmerston Ave
Toronto, ON M6J 2J3Neighborhood:
Little Italy / College St.
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.woodlottoronto.com/
- Phone: (647) 342-6307
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Vegetarian, Canadian
- Executive Chef: David Haman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Negotiable
A word from Woodlot
Woodlot Restaurant offers honest and simple handmade cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCanadian
Woodlot reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (135)neighborhood gem (106)special occasion (88)romantic (71)notable wine list (49)hot spot (48)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (17)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Fantastic date nightprudentiorDined on 11/21/2014Went for a birthday dinner and it basically checked all of the boxes: great wine, great atmosphere, and the vegetarian menu is a rare and welcome option. The food was exquisite, and the service was timely and affable. Not a bad thing to say about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014Exemplary rustic but innovative Italian. Delicious wine list. Great bread, great ambiance. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Woodlot exceeded my expectations. A great place to have an intimate experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better!AndEDined on 11/9/2014I've been to Woodlot a hand full of times. Each time I go is better than the last. Their team is clearly committed to delivering great service and food. Our server was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Woodlot was everything I hoped it would be and more. Delicious food, excellent service, and an outstanding atmosphere. I could not have been more satisfied with my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014One of the best restaurant experiences I have had in a long time. Beautiful restaurant, great food and great service. We also had the perfect view - second floor looking over the restaurant. I had heard great things and feared that because my expectations were so high, I would leave disappointed... Woodlot exceeded my high expectations and I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Quaint and romanticGothamDined on 11/4/2014This was our first time. I brought my wife for a dinner date on her birthday. I was taking a chance and it worked out well. We loved the place and except the noise everything else was great. It is very rare to find such variety in Vegetarian food in a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineloverDined on 11/4/2014They need some great ONTARIO red wines.... The French wine - Chinon was thin...get some great Rosewood red wines...you'll be thrilled. The food was amazing...add some amazing ONTARIO red wines and I'll be back.Special Features:
- Cute little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014The food was on point and the wine was superb. I love the atmosphere and it was really a nice restaurant. The gnocchi was a pillow of pasta in my mouth, the sea bass was crispy to perfection, the kale salad had a nice kick. Topped off with great wine and a great ambience. You couldn't ask for more. No wonder why this place is always packed and busy.Special Features:
- Not worth the waittrying2dineDined on 11/2/2014First time there ...service was very inattentive and wait for food just too long. All three main dishes were unremarkable and we sampled each others to arrive at this opinion and the appetizers were actually laughable ...needless to say we won't be returning. Not sure you get what you pay for here...
- DIVINE DINNER!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014I took my husband out to dinner with another couple at Woodlot, and it exceeded all our expectations. Our server was perfect, the food was amazing and the ambiance was lovely. I would highly recommend this to EVERYONE!!Special Features:
- Wonderful veggie-friendly night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I spent the weekend in Toronto and chose Woodlot for a Saturday evening "date night." We were thrilled with everything - the dishes were fantastic, the service was incredibly friendly and attentive, and the bill was very reasonable - excellent value for high-quality and thoughtful food. We're both vegetarians, but neither of us loves the standard pile of vegetables that usually get when you tell a nice restaurant you're a vegetarian. We like good food that also happens not to have meat in it! Woodlot was excellent on that score - not only did they have lots of great veggie options, but they even have a separate menu that lists the veggie options to make it easier on us. The French onion soup in particular was outstanding.Special Features:
- Friendly, comfortable, delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I went to Woodlot this past weekend for the first time and was blown away by the amazing execution of seemingly simple dishes. The vegetarian menu was a big plus, and the cocktail list inspired by Game of Thrones was creative and delicious (you have to try My Sun and Stars!) I had the Hen of the Woods Mushrooms to start, the Sea Bass main and the Chocolate Pot du Creme for desert. My friend had the veggie French Onion Soup, the Agnolitti and the Pumpkin pie. Every dish was an absolute winner, with the French Onion Soup and Pumpkin Pie standing head and shoulders above their contenders. Great cozy atmosphere with friendly knowledgeable staff and a brilliant wine list. Will go again!Special Features:
- Woodlot is the bestCamEroDined on 10/31/2014The Woodlot was perfect as usual. I have nevet had a bad experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just As Good The 2nd Time!LittleItalyLocalDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I visited Woodlot for the second time and were blown away once again. We decided to share a few dishes to get the full experience and we weren't disappointed. The lamb shank was delicious and the pasta was even better! I can't forget to mention the cocktails, which were Game of Thrones themed (amazing show) and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure thing...TGalDined on 10/25/2014Worth the wait for the reservations! Great food, sevice & ambiance... will go again for sure,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow service a dampenerscp123Dined on 10/25/2014we enjoyed our evening, although were a little frustrated by tardiness, being seated just before 9 with an 8.45 reservation. Girls night out and we had some no shows, so we werent fussed by the delay. We thought the choice on the menu was a little slim and opted to go straight to mains, and were told there would be at least a 30 min wait as we werent having a first course. all of us were surprised by this (how long can fish and a med rare steak take??!). We finally received our food 55 mins after ordering (with the time being hightlighted, we made note) while the food was nice, it really wasnt blow your mind fare. Service and ambiance were fair, i wouldnt rush back.
- Positive experienceAbbyDined on 10/24/2014Was there with two girlfriends. The vegetarian menu was a bonus. Service was excellent. Food was good. Fresh baked bread was awesome. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014The food was outstanding as were the wine choices. The mushroom starter and lamb shank were most excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/22/2014This was my 4th visit to woodlot and it's one of my favorite places to eat. The food is consistently delicious and service is always excellent. My only negative comment is the music...too loud!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian for the nightBloorDined on 10/20/2014I rarely have a vegetarian meal but after reading all of the rave reviews, I was very happy to have a most amazing dining experience as everything lived up to the expectations. Lots of unique flavors that made something as common as mushrooms really enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great for vegetarians!!TravelbugsDined on 10/20/2014Fabulous vegetarian offerings. Needs a better wine list with more Ontario varieties. Needs more after-dinner liquors selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall PerfectionGrapesDined on 10/19/2014This was my second meal at Woodlot and it did not disappoint. We were a table of four and everyone seemed equally satisfied with their meal. For starters we had the hen-in-the-woods mushrooms, & crab toast (I am vegetarian so I can only speak to the vegetarian friendly meals), my main was the squash agnolotti and we shared sides of the polenta fries, rapini and kale salad. OOOh those polenta fries!! Delish. And the rapini was another of my favourites. I have to say the agnolotti was a bit bland for my taste but I'm sure you can't please everyone... The wine list is quite extensive and bravo for showcasing a ton of ontario wines! The atmosphere is absolutely lovely. I love the rustic feel... It's perfect for a fall feast.Special Features:
- Delicious! Just go now.Torontogirl31Dined on 10/17/2014Food was beyond expectations - both my boyfriend and I, who go out to dinner often, kept saying how good it was after each bite. Unique meals, incredible service. An ambitious, separate veg menu made me very happy (My bf said the lamb was the best he's ever had.) my only complaint - was a bit chilly. Bring a sweater, if you're going in the fall/winter. Incredible meal - we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodFrenchGirlinTODined on 10/17/2014the food was good, but it was a little noisy and the room was a little cold.Special Features:
- What a Memorable Meal in TorontoFoodNTravelDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant has a wonderful rustic charm. Our wait staff were intuitive and extremely responsive to our needs. The food was delicious and expertly prepared. I was very impressed that the entire staff went out of their way to deal with my particular food allergy, thus allowing me to relax and dine without concern. Although the restaurant buzzed with energy, we were able to easily enjoy our table conversation. Our meals were prepared in a wood-fired oven that added an amazing taste and generated a wood burning aroma that swirled throughout the restaurant, further adding to the cozy ambiance of our delicious, intimate Toronto evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014A little expensive for what you get. the portion size was very small and breaks the bank here. Would only come back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- IlityDined on 10/16/2014Excellent small menu, beautifully prepared and presented by knowledgeable friendly staff. A lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JjggVIPDined on 10/11/2014Super rustic ambiance and food was delicious, fresh, seasonalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Food but NoisySeriousDinerDined on 10/9/2014Out for a special dinner we found the food quite good on the limited but interesting menu. Portions were ideally sized. Appetizers and mains were excellent, but as usual everywhere desserts missed the mark as they try to be too creative and forget about the comfort of simple traditional fare. An open kitchen that held some interest, but crowded an noisy. Not a place for romantic or thoughtful conversation. Wine and beer choice was also different, but liquor surprisingly limited - no drambuie or brandy. Service was a bit on the slow side. A fine place for an occasional and different experience as long as you don't mind vibrant crowds and too loud music in an interesting part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!LoLaDined on 10/9/2014Check it! A friend recommended Woodlot and I'm so glad I went. Excellent homemade bread, fun environment/cozy, service was exceptional and food was good. Looking forward to next time.Special Features:
- Great Experience!FoodMavenDined on 10/5/2014We brought our mother to Woodlot for her 70th birthday dinner. Our server was lovely, attentive and knowledgeable. She was always available when needed and was incredibly patient with the many questions from my family. The Woodlot menu may seem small but it easily accommodates many tastes (I can attest to this as my siblings are very fussy eaters) and every dish we had was delicious! One small complaint was that my brother's pasta dish (tagliatelle) wasn't an even temperature, hot in the middle but cool on the outside like it sat in the kitchen window waiting on the other dishes. We had dessert plans elsewhere but our server made the end of our night perfect with some delicious sweet lemon madelines and a birthday candle for our mom.Special Features:
- Woodlot WOWfuschiabirdDined on 10/4/2014I often go for nice dinners in the city and it's very rare that I walk away and am amazed by the food and service. Friendly service, cozy atmosphere, knowledgeable staff and many delicious seasonal items on the menu (with plenty of vegetarian options). Ordered the mushroom starter, never eat bread but couldn't resist since it's baked in-house, had the sea bass which was cooked to perfection, shared polenta fries & rapini sides and ended with the sublime pumpkin pie. I loved both the food and the experience and I can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- :-)memorableDined on 10/4/2014:-) we will return. Thank you once again for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeMikeDined on 10/3/2014Great menu, fresh food and the open kitchen is fun to watch, especially at the communal table.Special Features:
- Phenomenal FoodwoodsrupVIPDined on 9/29/2014The food and service was great and was sourced locally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014This was our second time at Woodlot. This time we came early on Sunday (5pm) and brought our 11-week-old baby (I told them when I made our reservation that we would be bringing her). The staff was super accommodating with her. Also, I'm vegan, and the server knew exactly what was (or could be made to be) vegan. It was great!Special Features:
- almost all greatdontgetoutmuchDined on 9/27/2014We were 4 and the service was excellent. The recommended wine was great and my sweet potato and chard anglonotti was spectacular. Other dishes were also excellent, but the gnocchi was just "good" and the breaded clam starter was more dried bread crumbs than anything else. I would take it off the menu. The restaurant hits the mark on many levels, but if it is to be considered in the elite, it needs to never miss.Special Features:
- Served by the ownermortgagejakeDined on 9/24/2014The night started off great when (we didn't know) our server was also the owner! He could not stop smiling and beaming with pride of his establishment, and rightfully so. The service was amazing, our server was great (after he left), really knew her wines and pairings, and the food. I had the ribs, fall-off-the-bone. Friends had steak, the tofu and agnaletti (SP) pasta. Overall a tremendous night out on a Wednesday, I've been there before and will definitely go back asap.Special Features:
- Good food and friendly serviceBiBiTiTiVIPDined on 9/24/2014Originally a garage, the restaurant retained a lot of the rustic characteristics to create this new interesting two level space. We sat at a table on the upper level and was able to over look the kitchen and the famous wood burning stove. Menu is small so selection was limited but each dish was very well executed. The pork chop was the best I've ever had. Ribs and the meatball spaghetti were absolutely fantastic as well.Special Features: