Woodlands American Grill
6073 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Woodlands American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.woodlands-grill.com/
- Phone: 9722392024x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -10:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Marin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer custom menus, breakfast, lunch, dinner and hors d’oeuvres receptions; all will exceed your expectations! From the smallest dinner for two to a grand event of 250. Woodlands American Grill will add phenomenal foods and simple elegance to any event.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room holds up to 18 guests at a table of 10 and a table of 8 otherwise we can do 16 guests at one long table.
- Private Party Contact: John Nicholas/Courtney Sulliva 9722392024x
A word from Woodlands American Grill
Nestled on the northeast corner of Preston Road and Forest Lane in North Dallas, Woodlands is an inspired choice for lunch or dinner. Whether you are entertaining business associates at lunch or catching up with your best friends over dinner, Woodlands is the perfect spot. Inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous Falling water House, natural stone, beautiful hardwoods and clean, contemporary lines combine to create a modern setting for the Executive Chef’s polished menu of innovative American favorites. His passion for excellence is reflected in the simple, elegant menu offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Woodlands American Grill - Best Restaurants in Preston Hollow ›
Woodlands American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)great for lunch (50)fit for foodies (35)great for brunch (33)good for groups (24)special occasion (24)great for outdoor dining (17)romantic (12)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We chose the Woodlands because we thought it would be a quiet place for a business lunch. While we had an excellent dining experience, it was a bit noisy for conversation.Special Features:
- GolferDined on 8/13/2014Our first time visit was very enjoyable and good. Our waiter (Archer) was very helpful and knowledgeable and did an excellent job of taking care of us. The hostess also was very friendly and very accommodating. We asked for a quiet area and appreciated where they put us. Being this was our first time, we ordered sandwiches, but next time we will try the entrees.......We definitely will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid neighborhood findJenaCassVIPDined on 8/6/2014Solid place for meal with lots of options - salads, soups, small and large plates. Note: be sure to order your drink first and wait for its arrival before ordering appetizers or entrees. Bar service seems to take along time, especially on 1/2 wine Wednesdays.Special Features:
- Delicious!OkiedinerDined on 8/6/2014Two friends and I ate at Woodland American Grill and enjoyed it very much. Our food was perfectly prepared and delicious, and our server was helpful but unobtrusive. We'll go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchGreat4lunchDined on 8/4/2014The Woodland Grill is a wonderful place to take girlfriends to a birthday lunch. The staff was so helpful and kind while the food was terrific. They even included two complementary desserts. Everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The food is always cooked perfectly, presentation is flawless & service impeccable. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny. Continues to be one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotMoeFarmerDined on 8/3/2014Love Woodlands. Always consistently good. Love the salads, great mushroom soup. Comfortable environment. Good service! I will return again & again.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantimonsecondVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my first time for brunch/lunch and it was great. Try the crab eggs benedict or the enchiladas or the reuben sandwich. For dinner, definitely try their signature mushroom soup, the Westcott steak salad (really great plus its different) or the cedar plank salmon. The service is great, friendly without being overbearing. When we don't feel like going into Dallas, or dressing up, this one of the "neighborhood gems" that we like to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Just TerrificKahunaVIPDined on 7/31/2014A wonderful gem in the neighborhood producing consistently high quality meals using fresh ingredients. Wait staff is always friendly and efficient. A favorite place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/30/2014A neighborhood restaurant with consistently good food and service. We come here usually at least once per month.
- Great restaurantAudreypoodlesVIPDined on 7/25/2014Woodlands offers fresh fish and healthy dishes. So glad to have it conveniently located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and good atmosphereMarkDined on 7/23/2014Took my wife there to celebrate our anniversary. The food is very great, restaurant is kept very clean, it is modern, and the atmosphere is great. The waiting staff and owner are very courteous. This was are 2nd visit to the restaurant and we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LogmanLogmanVIPDined on 7/23/2014Noise level almost ruined the evening as it was virtually impossible to carry on a conversation. The level was so high the waiter could barely hear us ordering and in fact brought us the wrong drinks at the outset.........probably because she couldn't hear what we were requesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TouchesDee1951Dined on 7/22/2014We love The Woodlands. Have been there for brunch, this time for dinner. It's the special touches on each dish that really take their food to the next level - ginger/blue cheese dressing on the wedge salad, rosemary-lemon fries with an incredible prime rib sandwich. And they make a perfect Bombay Sapphire martini, too!Special Features:
- Saturday night special!LarHDined on 7/19/2014On short notice we decided to go out for dinner Saturday evening. I am so glad that we did. The food was wonderful. The pork chop was flavorful and my husband loved the horseradish crusted salmon. Be forewarned, the portions are very generous. The salads were under dressed, but fresh. And there are good wine choices at reasonable prices. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/19/2014Always consistently good food with pleasant service. On a balmy evening, the outdoor patio is delightful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Have always had a pleasant dining experience at Woodlands. Food is generally consistent. Try the fish tacos...yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014Thanks for making our birthday celebration significant! The card and small bouquet - lovely touch above the complimentary dessert with candle. Wait staff very sensitive to our need for girls to catch up yet timely service. We didn't feel rushed or bothered. Food always beautifully presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, semi Casual dining.LadybugDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food, lovely semi-casual dining, great for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Outstanding as usual. Food was superb, service amiable and helpful. Hopefully, our next visit will be soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!sundaybrunchfindDined on 6/29/2014French toast was amazing! Excellent coffee too. Our waiter was very good and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Ambiance was too dark for dinner as it is not a romantic spot and that setting seemed 70'sSpecial Features:
- KimberlyDined on 6/23/2014Kimberly, This was my first visit and I will be coming again. The atmosphere was very appealing and service was great. The food was unbelievable. I'm from a corporation down the street and that is how I heard about it. I wonder what its like in the evening? I'll have to try it soon. Thank you for being in the area. PattiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great cuisineCherVIPDined on 6/16/2014At girl's night out we enjoyed the service, food and wine. Great central location, reliable food and service and I love the waterfall behind the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMintchip1Dined on 6/14/2014Even though it is a "neigborhood restaurant" whenever we go there, one feels as if they are really dining "out"! We are greeted warmly. The waitstaff is knowledgeable about the menu and food and friendly, but they do not hover. Give it a try, I am sure you will return often.Special Features:
- Just ok Saturday night.LadybugDined on 6/14/2014appetizer was served with salads--this is not acceptable. Usually Woodlands is my favorite place. I was disappointed Saturday night. we were there for father's day with family. Waitress seemed to want to push me to order more expensive wine than I wanted. It should be what I like not what she likes. What is usually a wonderful place was somewhat disappointing.Special Features:
- Great birthday lunchJanetDined on 6/9/2014This visit to Woodlands was my third for lunch and I look forward to returning for dinner and many more lunches! I took a friend for her birthday and the restaurant set a lovely table with feminine blue linens (rather than the usual black) and had a small vase of fresh flowers. The food was delicious, very reasonably priced, and the service was impeccable. My friend ordered a marvelous Caesar salad with chicken breast that wasn't on the menu (no problem accommodating her request) and I ordered BBQ brisket sliders (3 to an order)--soooo good! I definitely would order them or her salad again. Her chicken was moist and tender and the salad dressing was perfect. I'm ready to return!Special Features:
- Superb foodLifetimeVIPDined on 5/25/2014This was our third time to dine at Woodlands. Do not let the fairly unassuming exterior in a strip center fool you. The food here is excellent. the service is actually pretty good but during this visit the bar was very slow. I recommend Woodlands for a casual low key evening out.Special Features:
- WoodlandHarmonyDined on 5/22/2014The food is always consistently good, there steaks are cook properly every time and have really good flavor, the Chef does a nice jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/22/2014Good service and fine food. We had flatbread, salads and the Char which was the special that evening. The noise level was less than on our previous visit. All in all a fine evening.Special Features:
- Always excellent food and serviceGRichardsonVIPDined on 5/22/2014Woodlands is great non-chain restaurant with great good and service and unique décor. They also take reservations, so it is great when you have a small group for lunch.Special Features:
- New in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Just moved to the area of North Dallas from New England, the "Woodlands" will become a staple in our dinning list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMommaBDined on 5/16/2014We have dined at Woodlands Grill many times and are always pleased with the food. We ate outside the other night for the first time, and their patio was nicer than I had anticipated. Our only drawback was that the servers seemed a little confused about who had our table; we went from zero service to overwhelming service before one really good waiter "claimed" us. And then she comp'd our dessert as an apology for the mixup. Can't ask for more than that. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for gluten free needsArtBettyeDined on 5/10/2014Carson, our server, made recommendations for my husband who has to eat gluten free and our grandson who eats big meals. He also, was friendly and attentive. Great neighborhood grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like WoodlandsRonFDined on 5/7/2014My wife and I eat at Woodlands a lot. I've ordered most of the things on the menu. Every dish I've eaten at Woodlands has been a ten on a scale of one to ten. We especially love the appetizers and salads.Special Features:
- Great Brunch locationDallasmomDined on 5/4/2014We find the Woodlands is perfect for a multi-generational gathering. We go here frequently for brunch. The menu has something for everyone, including gluten-free possibilities. Love the $2.00 mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woodlands American GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/26/2014First visit found very good service and excellent food. I had the trout and my wife had a large grilled salmon salad. We had thought about ordering the "date night" special but did not want the dessert. We chose a good cabernet as well.Special Features:
- Friday-night date nightgreatdatenightDined on 4/25/2014I made my reservations on line for unexpected visit within 2 hours, which was great! We were seated immediately and our table was perfect facing the bar. Our server was very friendly, helpful and an experienced server. The appetizer of Brie cheese was delicious, my roast beef sandwich always one of my favorites, and my husband's Ahi tuna salad was delicious, not to mention the Banana Bread Pudding. We both enjoy the Woodlands very much and is definitely on our favorite lists of restaurants. The ambiance is perfect.Special Features:
- The following 153 reviews are from the Woodlands American Grill reviews archive.
- Neighborhood spotldaschaVIPDined on 4/22/2014We enjoy the extensive menu selections, so many things to try. The pricing is a little high for value, and the quality is inconsistent. But we like the location, atmosphere, service.
- Easter BrunchRobertDined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was a pleasant and relaxing experience. The quality of food was great. Restaurant staff were courteous and professional. I have already recommended Woodlands to friends and family.Special Features: