Woodlands American Grill
6073 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Woodlands American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.woodlands-grill.com/
- Phone: 9722392024x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -10:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Marin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer custom menus, breakfast, lunch, dinner and hors d’oeuvres receptions; all will exceed your expectations! From the smallest dinner for two to a grand event of 250. Woodlands American Grill will add phenomenal foods and simple elegance to any event.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room holds up to 18 guests at a table of 10 and a table of 8 otherwise we can do 16 guests at one long table.
- Private Party Contact: John Nicholas/Courtney Sulliva 9722392024x
A word from Woodlands American Grill
Nestled on the northeast corner of Preston Road and Forest Lane in North Dallas, Woodlands is an inspired choice for lunch or dinner. Whether you are entertaining business associates at lunch or catching up with your best friends over dinner, Woodlands is the perfect spot. Inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous Falling water House, natural stone, beautiful hardwoods and clean, contemporary lines combine to create a modern setting for the Executive Chef’s polished menu of innovative American favorites. His passion for excellence is reflected in the simple, elegant menu offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Woodlands American Grill - Best Restaurants in Preston Hollow ›
Woodlands American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (77)great for lunch (52)fit for foodies (40)great for brunch (29)good for groups (26)special occasion (24)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (14)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- EnjoyableMintchip1Dined on 10/17/2014Everything about our experience was enjoyable. The food was excellent; and the servers were very attentive in an enjoyable way and very knowledgeable. Not overly "in your face", but saw to every need.Special Features:
- reliableimonsecondVIPDined on 10/12/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant, especially if you want comfort food. Try the mushroom soup...it's really great. Also try the steak salad. The steak was cooked perfectly and it's a great and healthy combo. Have mixed feeling about anything that's listed as "sandwich" or "deli". If this is your quest, I suggest you try a deli, but then I am a New Yorker and have yet to find a consistently good deli-like menu in Dallas. Service is great. Yes, I would go back there again.Special Features:
- Fish and Calamari from HeavenHobbesdogDined on 10/11/2014The food was perfectly cooked. Hand breaded calamari that was tender and delicious. We both ordered fish for dinner, Sea Bass and Salmon were amazing! The chopped salad was perfect blend of greens and other goodies! Server was very kind and knowledgable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food an serviceGRichardsonVIPDined on 10/11/2014Woodland's doesn't have a huge menu, but the items it has are all delicious. The atmosphere, with the wood décor, gives an intimate feel. The Mahogany Chicken can't be beat. The sea bass was fresh and tasty. The cobbler was interestingly crunchy. And the special complimentary chocolate is a wonderful way to end the meal.Special Features:
- Food quality inconsistentSammie4Dined on 10/4/2014I have found the quality of food to be inconsistent in this restaurant. However, I do go from time to time because it is convenient. On my last visit I ordered the swordfish special. The fish was extremely overcooked, thus dry and tasteless. I should have sent it back but we were with first-time guests and I didn't want to embarrass them. It is unlikely I will select this restaurant again. There have been too many disappointments.
- Delicious and artfully presented!WallygirlDined on 10/3/2014The ambiance was very warm, sophisticated. The food was amazing!! Everything we ordered was delicious. Each entree was beautiful in colors and preparation. A definite repeat when visiting Dalkas again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for a business lunchdjhdjhVIPDined on 10/2/2014this is a great place for a business lunch where you want more than fast food but less than a 5 star, time consuming and expensive place. Service is good and food is good. menu a little limited but all items look good.Special Features:
- Great for Business LunchesTheRAMVIPDined on 9/30/2014I really like Woodlands for business lunches. The food is great, the service is quick, and the noise level is low, fostering business discussions in an enjoyable environment. This is also a great place to have dinner with family and friends.Special Features:
- Great local restaurantHermeskathVIPDined on 9/28/2014My girlfriends and I really enjoy getting together at The Woodlands. It's nice and upscale but not fussy or stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicesGRichardsonVIPDined on 9/25/2014Can always count on a nice experience at Woodlands with nice atmosphere and unique food choices where everyone is always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch!FoodTravelerDined on 9/21/2014Tried out this place because I could pay for the tab through OpenTable and I was excited to try out this feature, and the brunch was really good. Tried the stuffed French toast and it was great!! $2 mimosas are a steal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable once again!KoodlesDined on 9/20/2014The Woodlands Amer Grill has really paid attention to the customers and has upped their consistency---food and service especially. 2 of us had the catch of the day and I had the Woodland cheeseburger---delicious and timely! We will be going again soonSpecial Features:
- Good foodCheriDined on 9/19/2014Food was yummy, but was disappointed to find an added charge on our bill. When one of the salads came out with shrimp added (that was not ordered) the waitress asked if we wanted the shrimp and we said sure (not knowing that we would be charged an extra $10 for it).Special Features:
- My first time there and I'm hooked.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014My client loves this place so we went. Everything was fantastic. The spinach artichoke dip was the best I've ever had. I love the lavosh crisps that came with it. I had the COBALT sandwich with sweet potato fries for lunch. Portions were huge and the marriage of flavors was unexpected. Great service and glad we had a reservation because it was packed. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Money Well SpentFunForAllDined on 9/7/2014Our table for five was ready for us, attractive, and service was always there when needed. It is wonderful to have a neighborhood dining spot that is a four star place to go. They even allowed two of my guests to split an order and brought extra plates for them. Keep doing what you are doing because it's great! Especially loved the outstanding two dollar Bloody Mary.Special Features:
- great food and serviceIlikefoodDined on 9/3/2014first time for me and I couldn't stop talking about the food. I am glad my customer recommended it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and over rated!DFWSDined on 8/26/2014Service was very erratic, order was brought out incorrectly. Portions were small. I received a small portion of salmon and a few vegetables. Four of us spent $160 at lunch even, with only three teas, no coffee and no dessert. Unconscionable.
- Great Salmon DishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014I had the horseradish salmon crusted fish. It was delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Woodlands!LadybugDined on 8/20/2014We find Woodlands to be a friendly, nice, neighborhood find! We are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighboorhood restaurantKKdineoutDined on 8/20/2014We love this restaurant because the food is always good, they make a great martini and always have daily specials.. Only disappoint is that you have to make reservations several days in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchbusinesslunchDined on 8/18/2014We chose the Woodlands because we thought it would be a quiet place for a business lunch. While we had an excellent dining experience, it was a bit noisy for conversation.Special Features:
- GolferDined on 8/13/2014Our first time visit was very enjoyable and good. Our waiter (Archer) was very helpful and knowledgeable and did an excellent job of taking care of us. The hostess also was very friendly and very accommodating. We asked for a quiet area and appreciated where they put us. Being this was our first time, we ordered sandwiches, but next time we will try the entrees.......We definitely will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid neighborhood findJenaCassVIPDined on 8/6/2014Solid place for meal with lots of options - salads, soups, small and large plates. Note: be sure to order your drink first and wait for its arrival before ordering appetizers or entrees. Bar service seems to take along time, especially on 1/2 wine Wednesdays.Special Features:
- Delicious!OkiedinerDined on 8/6/2014Two friends and I ate at Woodland American Grill and enjoyed it very much. Our food was perfectly prepared and delicious, and our server was helpful but unobtrusive. We'll go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchGreat4lunchDined on 8/4/2014The Woodland Grill is a wonderful place to take girlfriends to a birthday lunch. The staff was so helpful and kind while the food was terrific. They even included two complementary desserts. Everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The food is always cooked perfectly, presentation is flawless & service impeccable. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny. Continues to be one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotMoeFarmerDined on 8/3/2014Love Woodlands. Always consistently good. Love the salads, great mushroom soup. Comfortable environment. Good service! I will return again & again.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantimonsecondVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my first time for brunch/lunch and it was great. Try the crab eggs benedict or the enchiladas or the reuben sandwich. For dinner, definitely try their signature mushroom soup, the Westcott steak salad (really great plus its different) or the cedar plank salmon. The service is great, friendly without being overbearing. When we don't feel like going into Dallas, or dressing up, this one of the "neighborhood gems" that we like to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Just TerrificKahunaVIPDined on 7/31/2014A wonderful gem in the neighborhood producing consistently high quality meals using fresh ingredients. Wait staff is always friendly and efficient. A favorite place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/30/2014A neighborhood restaurant with consistently good food and service. We come here usually at least once per month.
- Great restaurantAudreypoodlesVIPDined on 7/25/2014Woodlands offers fresh fish and healthy dishes. So glad to have it conveniently located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and good atmosphereMarkDined on 7/23/2014Took my wife there to celebrate our anniversary. The food is very great, restaurant is kept very clean, it is modern, and the atmosphere is great. The waiting staff and owner are very courteous. This was are 2nd visit to the restaurant and we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LogmanLogmanVIPDined on 7/23/2014Noise level almost ruined the evening as it was virtually impossible to carry on a conversation. The level was so high the waiter could barely hear us ordering and in fact brought us the wrong drinks at the outset.........probably because she couldn't hear what we were requesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TouchesDee1951Dined on 7/22/2014We love The Woodlands. Have been there for brunch, this time for dinner. It's the special touches on each dish that really take their food to the next level - ginger/blue cheese dressing on the wedge salad, rosemary-lemon fries with an incredible prime rib sandwich. And they make a perfect Bombay Sapphire martini, too!Special Features:
- Saturday night special!LarHDined on 7/19/2014On short notice we decided to go out for dinner Saturday evening. I am so glad that we did. The food was wonderful. The pork chop was flavorful and my husband loved the horseradish crusted salmon. Be forewarned, the portions are very generous. The salads were under dressed, but fresh. And there are good wine choices at reasonable prices. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/19/2014Always consistently good food with pleasant service. On a balmy evening, the outdoor patio is delightful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Have always had a pleasant dining experience at Woodlands. Food is generally consistent. Try the fish tacos...yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014Thanks for making our birthday celebration significant! The card and small bouquet - lovely touch above the complimentary dessert with candle. Wait staff very sensitive to our need for girls to catch up yet timely service. We didn't feel rushed or bothered. Food always beautifully presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, semi Casual dining.LadybugDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food, lovely semi-casual dining, great for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Outstanding as usual. Food was superb, service amiable and helpful. Hopefully, our next visit will be soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.