Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Northwood
777 Diamond Jo Lane
Northwood, IA 50459Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Northwood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.diamondjoworth.com/woodfiregrille
- Phone: 6413237821x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Northwood
Prepare to discover a whole new world of delicious tastes in a cozy, fireside atmosphere. Woodfire Grille has the style and warmth that make it perfect for an evening with friends or an intimate dinner for two. Enjoy cedar-planked salmon, juicy cuts of beef, flavorful pasta and other signature entrées. Pair your meal with the perfect wine from our extensive list. Our classic desserts will earn raves, and are a “must” at the end of a fine mealContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Northwood - Best Restaurants in Northwood ›
Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Northwood reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)romantic (11)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/25/2014The food was very good; quality and taste both very good to excellent. The downside to our dining experience was total lack of service and attention to detail. We were seated without wine list, waited 15 minutes for a server to acknowledge us, asked for wine list, dinner menu was delivered. She did not return, went to the host stand and asked for wine list, opened it at the table to find it was only an empty cover, returned to host desk. Waited for drinks, when salad and soup were delivered, no fresh pepper offered, no offer to serve another beverage. Did not see her again until entrees were delivered. 1st course dishes remained on the table. We were not checked on till bill was brought. Other diners had similar experience-not enjoyable.
- Excellent dining experiencelovetodineoutDined on 10/11/2014We made reservations only a couple of hours before we went to the restaurant and were pleased that we were able to get a table. The food and wine were excellent. Service was prompt and polite. We would certainly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placce to CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014If you want a great steak and barbecue ribs this is the place to go. The steaks are so tender they almost melt in your mouth and the ribs are so tender they fall off the bone. Our server Clara greeted us with a smile and nice welcome to the Woodfire Grille. She was very attentive to our every need. I would definitely recommend her as a server and the Woodfire Grille for a great meal any time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent food and service, good wine too! Love the drink flights, a great idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service poor and food worseDisappointedDined on 9/20/2014This use to be a great place for a great dinner. Not anymore, since Boyd took over it has gone downhill fast. Poorly trained service staff, bland food and price is higher. I had the walleye that was so crusted in breading that it was like a board. Overcooked and no flavor. We ordered a side and the waitress never checked on use until we were done with our meal. Really?? That is crazy for the service I was expecting. When I pointed out we never got our side, she said ok, I will take that off the bill. No I was looking for, I am sorry for that mistake. Can I get you something else? Sad sad it use to be my favorite place to go out to dinner!
- Super fantastic dining and serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The food was great and our server Clara was very nice and took care of our every need. Would definitely recommend the Woodfire Grille to friends and Family for Birthdays, Anniversary, Meeting, Grooms Dinners and an other type of party. You can even ask for a nice quiet corner and they will find one for you.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceworkworkworkDined on 9/13/2014While on a business trip I decided to try the Woodfire Grille for dinner on my last night in town. Since there was not much to choose from in that area as it was very rural my expectations were not very high but I was very pleasantly surprised. The ambiance, service and quality of food was as good as anything you find in a much more affluent and urban area and the prices were right in line with the quality. If you are in the area and want a fine dining experience I can't imagine there being a better choice for many miles around.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Great food and service...great atmosphere! It was our first time there, however we will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the steaks!Luv2dineDined on 8/2/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had! Wonderful service and a romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reuniongroupDined on 7/17/2014We had a party of 4 for dinner. Appetizer excellent, entrees same as well as dessert. Service great. Ambiance terrific. Nice respite from gambling. We are fortunate o have such a great restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Northwood reviews archive.
- All I can say is it was awesome !HansDined on 6/19/2014Food , service , everything was perfect . Well be back again , can't wait !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014everything was very good we love to eat at Woodfire only wish you were open Sundays so we could bring some people to join usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for anniversary dinner!vmcgeeDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I went to Woodfire Grille to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. Neither of us had ever been there before. The atmosphere of the restaurant was perfect, our waitress was very friendly and helpful, and the food was outstanding. The main course, drinks, and dessert all were excellent. It was one of the best dining experiences that we have ever had, and made for a great night out to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We were there for our anniversary and it was excellent. We had an awesome server who made our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Relaxed dining for those not in a hurry and want to enjoy conversation
- PleasedBreezeDined on 4/25/2014Food and service is wonderful. Although i would of thought the potato and vegetable should of been included with the meal not an Al a cart item.Happy with the price of my prprime tribe but again potato and vegi should always be included with a mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMNLiveDiceGamblerDined on 4/24/2014I have eaten here 2 times now and can say that they know what they are doing. Everything is done to perfection and the food is just outstanding. I do recommend!Special Features:
- Great eveningsunshineDined on 4/3/2014The service was excellent and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceSkeeterDined on 3/29/2014The food and service were wonderful. My only complaint would be the fact that everything is al-a-carte and there were no prices on the menu. It seems as though you're trying to trick people into paying top dollar for the unknown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014I believe that our waitress was Jennifer and we had one other that waited on my group of 250 and they did an outstanding job.... Hope to have them again as my waitresses.. Thanks for make my meeting that much better. CaseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014My wife and I had our 10th Anniversary dinner here. We knew it would be expensive, but decided to treat ourselves. We both had the 8 oz filet - best decision. Steak melted in our mouths. Baked potato (extra $6) was huge and delicious. If you have a group of wine drinkers, you're sure to find a good deal. They had a red blend that sounded really good (based on the tasting notes) on special for only $20 (bottle). But, since my wife doesn't like wine (and you can't take the bottle with you - unless you want it delivered to the bar in the casino) we passed. They had a pretty good selection of wines by the glass, though. The only problem we had, which wasn't really a problem, was that the creme brulee we had for dessert was a little burnt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD. EXCELLENTnireneDined on 3/21/2014EXCELLENT FOOD. EXCELLENT SERVICE. AND THE CHAIRS WERE ULTRA COMFORTABLE!….I COULD HAVE SAT THERE ALL EVENING! A LOVELY EXPERIENCE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014We were celebrating my wife's 30th birthday party and we made a reservation at the Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo's Casino. The food was great! We mainly had prime rib, filet, and crab legs, all of which were fantastic. They let us bring in some cupcakes for dessert, which was nice. We had one server for our group and she did a wonderful job. Overall, we all had a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, on the spendy side.TopherDined on 2/28/2014Over all was pleased, although main dishes came out cool to warm. They corrected the problem with new dishes served at a much better temp for eating. I will say the lobster mac was awesome, along with e French onion soup.
- OverallLiketoEatDined on 2/28/2014Atmosphere was very nice! Liked the look and feel of the restaurant. However, waited over an hour to get our food from when we ordered it. Had the king cut prime rib; it was good, but was almost half fat and gristle. For those prices you expect a good cut of meat. Overall I wouldn't give the restaurant a high ranking because I was expecting more from this place.Special Features:
- While the cooks knew theirOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014While the cooks knew their job, for a restaurant of this price range you also expect a degree of service which was definitely lacking this Saturday evening. It was lacking to the degree where it effected the tone of this special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Even though it was a busy night, we were seated two minutes before our registration time. We had a wonderful evening and the service and food were awesome. This restaurant is very expensive however compared to other restaurants in the area, very over priced...but would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did it again!JahaDined on 2/14/2014This crew is consistently working together, time after time, to greet, prepare, and serve a fantastic experience. The only differences in visits have been in the welcomed, seasonal changes in the specials and the anticipation of variations of a more local menu. Ambiance, service, and food are all first class. Love knowing where my food comes from and how far it had to travel to get to my plate. Tipping my hat to the team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This is the second time we dined at the Woodfire Grille and we have had a great experience both times. The food and atmosphere stands out among other restaurants in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DinnerDoubleNDined on 2/14/2014The food & service we received at the Woodfire Grille was excellent! A very romantic setting for our Valentine's Day dinner!Special Features:
- Good food!LukeDined on 2/8/2014The food was really good, I thought the price you paid and the amount of actual food you got wasn't the best. You don't get any kind of potato its all separate and for the price of the meat was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun!foodfunDined on 1/18/2014Enjoyable evening with friends and very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant experience,food wasirishDined on 1/17/2014pleasant experience,food was superb and waitress was very good. First time experience but it certainly won't be the last. We were impressed and we are can be critical!Special Features:
- we celebrated our anniversaryelandanDined on 1/16/2014we celebrated our anniversary and enjoyed the setting, the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy New Year's DinnerdelishDined on 12/31/2013We made a reservation for New Year's Eve, got right in when we arrived. Server was a little slow to get to the table, but they were fairly busy, even at 9:00 when we were there. We shared a bottle of wine and ordered appetizers. The food came out in a reasonable amount of time and everything was delicious. It was a wonderful dining experience, although slightly higher priced than i usually can afford. This was a special occasion. We will definitely be going back sometime in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013The Woodfire Grill is probably our favorite place to eat...We have never experienced a bad meal, bad service...Just love dining there...We do recommend the Woodfire Grill and try to frequent as much as possible... New Years Eve was great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerseekerDined on 12/25/2013Quiet elegant atmosphere. Good menu selections. Our waitress was attentive and efficient. Our food was served in a timely manner and was excellent. I was disappointed that they did not have a wider selection of wine by the glass and no wine menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had our book club ChristmasLovestoryDined on 12/18/2013We had our book club Christmas dinner at the Woodfire Grill at Diamond Jos on Wednesday night. Everything was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot close to homepleasedDined on 12/6/2013I live in Albert Lea,and we were looking for a place to go have steak. On a whim we decided to go to the Woodfire. What a fantastic choice, the service was great, food was even better! There were4 in our group and every one was very pleased. Go here for great steaks and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013Our main meals: Pork Chop, Bacon wrapped Pork tenderloin and new York strip were delicious as well as the lobster mac and cheese and our chop salads.. My Lobster came as 2 very small lobsters which I could barely cut out of their shells with a sharp knife. It tasted fine, but was a struggle getting out of their shells. In a fine restaurant I would think you would get one large appealing lobster already cut from the shell simply lying in the shell for appearance. Thank you.