Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Dubuque
301 Bell St
Dubuque, IA 52001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Dubuque
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://diamondjo.com/woodfiregrill
- Phone: 5636904755x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Nelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Dubuque
Woodfire Grille is a contemporary wine centric steak and seafood restaurant that features USDA Prime grade steaks and inspired fresh seafood in an upscale and contemporary dining experience. Lauded in reviews that include the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, validates that it is simply the best dining experience in its respective market. With a classic interior, the ambiance is warm with natural wood tones, is welcoming and sure to delight all your senses. Our classically trained chefs personally select our ingredients. Our menus change seasonally as it is our goal is to source locally and offer only the finest produce, meats and seafood available. You will find a lively bar that attracts a dynamic crowd and features an unparalleled wine list and an impressive offering of wines by the glass. Unique to Woodfire is the crafted cocktail program unmatched in the area. Created by our team of creative mixologist, the list is a collection of classic and modern cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Dubuque - Best Restaurants in Dubuque ›
Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Dubuque reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (25)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)late-night find (8)scenic view (8)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food, great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Selected the Woodfire for a special occasion dinner. It was great! Excellent food. Loved the fire everywhere. Service was very good. Expensive, but high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright Firelight!Cy66AngelFireDined on 10/18/2014Although the food at the Woodfire Grille was great the bright lights of their alcohol fueled fires left me with worries about a migraine... They could take it down a notch as most people enjoy a nice gentle light with their fireplace ambiance. We were also hoping to sample more wines but that wine system has been temporarily halted so we only got to have the few sold by the glass on their wine list... We did appreciate the noise level being very quiet with tables nicely spaced in this casino fine dining establishment. We will go back once when we have a special occasion as the prices are much higher than most Dubuque/Galena restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014What a find. We loved the food and the low noise level. Great service. A definite return is warrantedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small glass of wine for $ 7.luvwineDined on 10/17/2014For a glass of wine for $ 7.00 glass was only one forth full. I have never been served so little in a wine glass beforeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- antlerboyDined on 10/3/2014Always know it will be quiet and with good food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Dubuque5Dined on 9/23/2014The experience at Woodfire Grille was outstanding! They have a notable wine line, great menu options and most of all outstanding service! Our server Kylie was GREAT! The menu options are amazing! I would recommend the sea bass! We will for sure visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cb50Dined on 9/20/2014The food is always well prepared and tasty. I know I will always enjoy my meal.Special Features:
- Best spot in town...sao13Dined on 9/17/2014You just can't go wrong with this place, not much more needs to br said. Just go check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Rib-EyeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We keep going back for the giant bone-in rib-eye. It's fantastic! Perfectly prepared and very delicious. Great service.Special Features:
- Lisa is the best!cb50Dined on 9/13/2014After living in the area for 11 years we finally made it here for dinner. The food is good, the wine list has some really great choices and the wine is very well priced. The best thing about having dinner here is the waitress Lisa. She is so nice. Not insincere, just a genuinely nice person and great at her job.Special Features:
- Great place for a nice dinner.telkins413Dined on 9/6/2014We had a fantastic dining experience. The food was perfect, and our waitress was great. We had a larger party (7) but the service was very recommendable. Excellent filet, delicious lobster, and a solid wine list. We were celebrating an engagement and birthday, and we really appreciate the special touches and attention. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectIronelfDined on 9/5/2014The service was wonderful. Our waitress was on point with everything from entree recommendations to wine pairings. The food was fantastic, and the ambiance was cozy and intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsKBLFavDined on 9/4/2014A great place to have an outstanding meal, great conversation in the right atmosphere. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantIahawkeyegalDined on 8/22/2014Woodfire Grille is a great restaurant! They have great food and excellent service! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice night out with great food and service.Special Features:
- wineloverDined on 8/16/2014Service was a little spotty given the fact the restaurant was not full. Additionally, we were initially overcharged on the coffee service which was quickly fixed after pointing it out to the server.Special Features:
- In casino without the casino feelMaverickDined on 8/13/2014Although Woodfire is located inside Diamond Jo, you never feel like you are inside casino. The service, ambiance, wine, and food were exquisite and raised the bar for other locations in Dubuque. I reserved on open table and had one of the best tables waiting for us when we arrived a few hours later.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHappyCoupleDined on 8/13/2014Our server was amazing! We enjoyed the cedar plank salmon and a steak for the main entrees. The French onion soup was fabulous - great flavor with delicious cheese and crispy onions on top. We would not recommend the french fries, which seemed to be twice-fried. Delicious raspberry cheesecake, though! The atmosphere was wonderful and, though pricey, we would go there again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Ambiance with excellent foodnightoutinDubuqueDined on 8/9/2014Woodfire Grille has great service with smiling faces from the greeters to the bartenders to the servers. We had a drink at the bar first. Great bar menu for a variety of tastes. The Rosemary's Fling was elegant and delicious. We love seafood, so had the bacon wrapped shrimp with angelhair pasta and the Thai seafood pasta. All was delicious. The atmosphere was relaxing, quiet, and romantic with the glow of fire. Thank you for a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- The best spotRPetitgoutDined on 7/25/2014I would like to thank the great people at Woodfire for the service. The food was outstanding and the only thing better then the food was the service. We celebrate every one of our special events at your establishment and this time around it was for my birthday. You make it enjoyable and the memories are worth every cent we payed to have these occasions at Woodfire.Special Features:
- ExcellentIahawkeyegalDined on 7/24/2014This is an excellent restaurant! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialSpecialDined on 7/22/2014We like to eat here on special occasions, the food and service are amazing. Woodfire also helped us celebrate by providing a free dessert for us to share for our anniversary.Special Features:
- 1234dbqDined on 7/16/2014Good food. Good server. Good ambiance. Good decor. The chop salad was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow serviceEarlDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyable dining experience if one is in no hurry. From placement of order to served was 45 minutes. This is a in slow environment. Every item is billed separately, portions large, food great, bring your bank roll. If you go be prepared to wait but food well prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!GramDined on 7/11/2014The Woodfire is always a special place for us and this time we brought out of town guests who also enjoyed the food, wine and service.Special Features:
- Always SpecialMSatSeaDined on 6/27/2014We like to go to Woodfire for special occasions. It is more adult than most restaurants in the area and offers a friendly comfortable bar while you wait for your table, or just to relax with friends. The food is excellent with a menu that is both recognizable and unique. Service is always friendly and knowledgeable. While we like to take our 94 year old mother there, it is not an old-people's place. It is a special occasion, relax-in-a-conversation-friendly atmosphere. While some may think it is expensive, we are not particularly put off by the prices. they are reasonable for the food/atmosphere. It is not a buffet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 220 reviews are from the Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo - Dubuque reviews archive.
- Thank you so much!LauraDined on 6/20/2014OMG! My husband and I took our parents to the Woodfire Grille for their Anniversary! The waitress was so sweet! The food was absoulutely perfect! It takes alot for my Father-in-law to be impressed with good steak, and he never stopped talking about how excellant it was! The beef medallions were out of this world and the avacado rolls were fantastic! This was a perfect choice for atmosphere, service, and of course the food was outstanding! I do have one request;) the crunchy baked potatoes you used to have were always something we looked forward to having. I sure would like to see you bring them back. :) Thank you so much for an awesome time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014We have had dining experiences at many fine dining establishments, but none that left us with the feeling that Woodfire Grille did. The staff, the service and the food are outstanding! Each time we have visited, we enjoy every moment of our meal. Thank you for providing such excellence service and incredible food. We look forward to many more wonderful times at Woodfire Grille.Special Features:
- Woodfire GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Our family had just an outstanding dinner and evening at the Woodfire. We couldn't have asked for anything better. Service, food and atmosphere was second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fooddatenight2014Dined on 6/7/2014My husband and I were treating ourselves to a date night and the food was wonderful!! The avacado rolls were out of this world and the main coarse was just as good!! The service was excellent and I loved the online reservations. Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceWoodfireDined on 5/31/2014We could not have asked for a more accommodating staff. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Good but Pricyluv2dineDined on 5/30/2014The food was excellent, however the menu was a la carte. This is completely unnecessary and made for an expensive dinner. Also the service was slow. I would only go here on a special occasion and not just a date night.Special Features:
- Great food, service and winePaulDined on 5/26/2014We go to the woodfire a few times a year. They have 3 members of the wait staff that have been there for a few years and all 3 are great at what the do. The food is among the best in town. Be sure to try the lobster bisque and chop salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bonitaDined on 5/21/2014Never a bad experience when dining at the Woodfire. Have been there several times and We love it.Special Features:
- Not comfortableLovemywineDined on 5/10/2014Felt like the waiter didn't think we should be there was their my girlfriend placed her main entrée order and then was looking for something else and his response was "well I have to move on what do you want." he came back wants to ask how things were while a waitress came back twice to see if we need anything else but we noticed that he went back and was joking around with other tables around us so not sure why but we just got the feeling that we weren't good enough for the restaurant we will be returning with our husbands as the food was wonderfulI would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodEarlDined on 5/10/2014excellent service, great food, wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Graduation Celebration!GraduationCelebrationDined on 5/9/2014Everything about Woodfire was absolutely wonderful! Our server knew exactly what he was doing. Being a server myself, he knew how to up-sell, make recommendations, make conversation, and above all give excellent service. He deserved every penny of the $80 tip we'd left. Thank you for the great night! We will never forget it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Anniversary celebrationGramDined on 5/7/2014We have been celebrating our anniversary at The Woodfire ever since it opened and wouldn't think of going anywhere else. Love the food, wine, atmosphere and the service.Special Features:
- Excellent All AroundJMD6Dined on 5/3/2014The wine is excellent. The cocktail list is great and the bartenders are too. The food exceeds my exceeds my expectations every time. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOttoDined on 5/3/2014The service was great; the restaurant was comfortable. The food was simply "excellent!" I had the filet mignon that melted in my mouth. My wife had the glazed salmon that was the best she'd ever had. You're greeted by friendly staff who just make you feel at home. Our experience couldn't have been better!Special Features:
- Good food, Great service.ChasDined on 4/19/2014The food was great, the staff is pleasant and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.