1782 Cheshire Bridge Road
Atlanta, GA 30324Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodfiregrill.com/
- Phone: (404) 347-9055
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Fridays - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Weinstein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Woodfire Grill has 2 private dining areas. The Loft can accommodate up to 16 guests board-room style or expand for up to 25 guests. The Mezzanine can accommodate groups from 6-32 guests privately or up to 50 guests semi-privately.
- Private Party Contact: JR Zincone 4043479055x
- Special Events: Woodfire Grill has 4 private dining areas. The Loft can accommodate up to 16 guests board-room style or expand for up to 25 guests. The Mezzanine can accommodate groups from 6-28 guests privately or up to 50 guests semi-privately. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A word from Woodfire Grill
Woodfire Grill indulges Atlantans with seasonally influenced, ingredient-focused cuisine. The menu changes daily and features fresh organic ingredients. Executive Chef Matthew Weinstein incorporates the seasonal offerings of small local farms and purveyors as well as organic beef, lamb, pork, poultry and seafood for simply prepared cuisine. Foods are fire-roasted and grilled with an a la carte menu comprised of first, second, third and dessert courses. Five and seven course chef tasting menus are available every night. Since opening in 2002, Woodfire Grill has been honored by critics in numerous reviews, by both local and national press. The staff at Woodfire Grill is especially proud to have been the focus of such acclaim by such publications as Food and Wine, Gourmet and Wine Spectator. We invite you to come experience the delicious offerings at Woodfire Grill. Since our menu changes daily, our past customers will experience a new collection of seasonal dishes with every visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Woodfire Grill - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Woodfire Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)special occasion (73)romantic (53)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (22)hot spot (13)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Unbelievable Anniversary ExperienceJeffDined on 11/22/2014We live in the burbs and come into the city to celebrate special occasions like our anniversary, so when you drop a couple hundred bucks you want the experience to be that an experience. Woodfire grill exceeded our expectations, the service, staff and food was all excellent, they even made special menus and a desert commemorating our occasion. Andrew our server was amazing. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FarmToTableFoodieDined on 11/22/2014Wasn't impressed. Tried 5 different things off the menu and wasn't blown away by any of them. Wasn't offered dessert (although we wanted it), so can't comment on any dessert offerings. The ingredients are fresh, and the service is prompt, but beyond that, save your money and go elsewhere.
- Great food, no doubt about itRMO14VIPDined on 11/21/2014Woodfire has always been a great restaurant. Some have indicated it has lost a step, but I can say our meal was really fantastic. The service was not what it used to be - our server acted like he didn't really want to be there, and wasn't very friendly. I think he might have just been a shy person, but regardless, it wasn't what I've come to expect from the staff at Woodfire. I'll still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food so-so serviceliketohavefunDined on 11/19/2014Had great food and some interesting options that made it fun. But the service while not being terrible was not up to the standard I would expect when I'm spending over $200 for an evening. I will admit that my Girlfriend and I have high standards but they are based on experiences from other great restaurants in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Delectable Treat on our AnniversaryEarthGirlDined on 11/19/2014We were drawn to Woodfire Grill primarily because of its commitment to using local, organic and sustainable food. What we experienced while dining exceeded our expectations. Our evening was marked with special touches like a personalized menu commemorating our anniversary, several between course tasters from the chef, and a special dessert in honor of our special day. We will definitely keep Woodfire Grill in our restaurant rotation and highly recommend it to foodies who appreciate fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMontanaDined on 11/15/2014Our server seemed a little nervous, maybe new. He forgot an item with my meal, but comped us on an after dinner drink--very much appreciated. Food great---farm to table, eat local !!! Would go back next time in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st year Anniversary!VDayDined on 11/12/2014This was a first visit for my wife and me. We loved the staff and the extra bonus they gave us for our celebration. We will definitely have to make another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastbuds2muchGoodDined on 11/8/2014The Tasting menu was great and really took my palate on a journey.Special Features:
- Great meal!2foodiewannabeesDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I enjoyed our experience at Woodfire while celebrating our anniversary. We had the 5 course tasting menu and each was delicious. Service was good (with only one exception was an extended delay between course 2 & 3) but that was not a deal breaker for us. Only complaint is that it can be fairly noisy. Other than that, great experience and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From start to finish AWESOME!CanIeatforalivingDined on 11/8/2014We ordered the 7 course chef tasting menu and though the kitchen was backed up by 2 large parties and we were there for 3 hours, we weren't unhappy at all because the food was phenomenal! The service is just as excellent as the food. They made sure to take unbelievable care of us and helped us celebrate our special occasion. We will be dreaming about this meal until we come back to Atlanta. I hope soon! Thank you Woodfire Grill! Simply amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experiencenada5zipDined on 11/8/2014My husband & I had the most incredible meal at Woodfire Grill. We chose the 5-course Vegetarian Tasting & our tastebuds couldn't have been happier. Our server was attentive & knowledgable. We loved the slower atmosphere of the restaurant & presentation of the meal. We will definitely recommend this restaurant & can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoy Woodfire GrilldinerVIPDined on 11/4/2014The food and service are very good at Woodfire. We love the way everything is presented and the servers are very good.Special Features:
- Celebration DinnerImperviousPearlDined on 11/1/2014My first time at the restaurant and I really enjoyed the food. Beau our server was wonderful and was full of ideas about the menu. The grouper was fantastic and I enjoyed my husband's scallops as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menuTastingsRgreatDined on 11/1/2014This was the second time I've done their tasting. Comforting setting. Loved the music (Deathcab for Cutie and similar music at a fine dining restaurant). There was a course I didn't like and they immediately brought us a full serving of something else! Very attentive. We will be back again. One of the better tastings in Atlanta at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014The food was outstanding. The service was great; warm, friendly without hovering. The food delivery was well paced and allowed us to talk without interruption of feeling hurried. Woodfire is always a treat.Special Features:
- They love what they do, & it showsDruidHillsFoodieDined on 10/25/2014I took my mom to Woodfire for her 86th birthday. It was a great experience. The entire staff made it a special experience. They went out of their way to ensure that my mom felt special. The entire staff seems to genuinely enjoy what they do, and they do it well. I think the knowledge and ability of the servers is comparable to what you find at Bacchanalia. What really sets it apart though is that there is none of the stiffness or auto-pilot feeling that one can often get from servers. I think the food is just as good as it was when Kevin Gillespie was the chef. Everything we had was delicious and the servings were ample. My mom took home half of her chicken and our server wrapped a small loaf of bread for her because she liked it so much.Special Features:
- SeasoningsgreggDined on 10/18/2014Overall I thought the dishes could use a touch more seasoning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed Beyond Expectationsfoodie4lifeDined on 10/18/2014The whole experience was something I have never had before. Everything was precise and perfectly blended into one 5 course meal experience. The wine pairings were absolutely spot on. I cleaned the plate every course. There were foods I have not had before and the flavors were exceptional. All the dishes had well balanced flavors and so incredibly delicious. I would come back anytime. The dessert portion was perfect. All the portions were perfect. I am so impressed and want to come back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentTatianaDined on 10/17/2014Excellent dining experience! Limited but very creative menu. It was my daughters birthday so the menu with the birthday wishes and her name printed on it was a nice tough. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!DinesoutVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was my second time back and everything was excellent. The service was top notch and the food was absolutely amazing. Each course was delicious and our favorites were the wontons and wood fire grilled ribeye- yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningeater6Dined on 10/9/2014To my fiancee there for her birthday. It is now her favorite restaurant in the city. We had the tasting menu, and each course was fantastic. They took our personal preferences into account and made the experience a great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experienceMshawna1949VIPDined on 10/7/2014The food was wonderful Great experience for myself and my palate.I husband and I had the blind nine course.amazing.i'll lot of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total DelightCarleeDined on 10/2/2014This was our first time here. Our daughter and her husband recommended it highly for a special occasion, and we went there to celebrate one. We got the 7-course meal and my husband got the wine pairing with his. It was such a delight to anticipate each course, not knowing what to expect. Each one was beautiful in its presentation and filled with rich textures and flavors. The staff was excellent! We cannot speak highly enough of this dining experience! It exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- All good except...GlennDined on 9/27/2014Service excellent. Ordered scallops and butternut squash soup for starters. Both very good. For main course we had Black Grouper which was delicious. The pork chop was a complete disaster. Chop was very thin, well done (server said chop cooked to medium), tough and basically inedible. Included on the plate as a side was a tasteless mash of something with a sliced apple and 2 potato chips as garnish. I was shocked. I wasn't in the mood to fuss, so I left the meal untouched and didn't say anything. Was curious if server would address. No one said anything. We paid and I learned a lesson. Don't order the pork chop at Woodfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once agsin a fine dining experiencefoodie53Dined on 9/23/2014We love it. Everytime we go with friends, it is a wonderful evening. Everyone was frienfly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceSonnyStanDined on 9/20/2014Went for a birthday celebration. Had the blind tasting menu which was excellent. Friendly and personalized service. Energetic but not too loud. Thought the food was every bit as good as Baccanalia but a little less formal which we liked. newly remodeled. Will defintely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Birthday DinnerSnowQueenDined on 9/19/2014Woodfire Grill was in top 10 when I googled up a list for Atlanta and it's become my nr. 1! It is quiet and the owner and staff try to get to know their clients and you feel like you are dining in someone's home. The bar has bowls with inviting fresh fruits and garnish that the Bar tender mixes magical drinks with. They ask ahead of time if there are any special occasions or food allergies. I had my husband's Birthday dinner there and they had printed "Happy Birthday" on the Menus. The food is perfectly cooked no matter if it's steak or Fish. The Waiters are friendly and attending but not overbearing. If you are into a big hoopla for your Birthday or a scene, go somewhere else. They keep it quiet and classy at Woodfire Grill.Special Features:
- Still Great!mat1968Dined on 9/18/2014This was my first return since Kevin's departure. The restaurant was a little quieter on a Thursday evening than expected but the food has not missed a step. Everything was absolutely EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- not the home run I was expectingNew2AtlantaDined on 9/13/2014I took a friend here for the food, reputation, and most important the menu showed a chocolate truffle cake which is her favorite. When they called to verify my reservation I made the comment "as long as you have the chocolate cake we're good" and was told yes and there was plenty of chocolate on the desert menu. When the desert menu arrived there was no truffle cake on it. Even as I write this, and the online menus are still not the correct menus. As for the food, I can only reply on my dish the trout which was a bit overcooked, seasoned nicely, but a fairly boring dish at 30ish dollars.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!jstarkeDined on 9/12/2014I took my grandparents here and we had an amazing meal. Woodfire seated us in a private dining space that was nicely lit and quiet. The courses were timed to perfection and the service was outstanding. Not to mention, the great food!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceTigreDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful evening and experienced a truly welcoming atmosphere from the moment we entered the building. Every member of the staff seemed to enjoy being there and provided excellent service. While various staff served and described each course with different levels of precision and confidence, it did not detract from the wonderful experience. They were flexible and helpful. The only real drawback was the valet was very busy when we were leaving (on a Friday evening) and there was a little wait in a light rain until we were able to have someone bring our car. Overall, it was a fabulous evening.Special Features:
- special eveningsmithsDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I dined at the Woodfire grill for our anniversary. They took excellent care of us during our time. We had the 7 course tasting menu (which was really like 12 courses) and each course was very well prepared, and full of flavor. I highly recommend it. Since it was our special evening, we were greeting as if we were VIPs (including our names at the top of the menu). The staff (all of them) made us feel extremely special and worked exceptionally hard to make sure that our evening was the absolute best. I would highly recommend the Woodfire Grill to anyone wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta and have a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- 23rd Anniversary CelebrationCJHCCHVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thanks for a fantastic evening! Great food and fantastic service for our anniversary celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a memorable experienceNathanDined on 8/29/2014Once again our group was treated in a special way and we truly had an evening to remember.Special Features:
- Special Occasion even more specialSTREETSMARTSMOMVIPDined on 8/29/2014I expected great food - but was surprised by the creativity, the excellence and the heart that made each dish more than just great. The staff was outstanding - a perfect balance of taking great care of us but yet somehow being unobtrusive. The sommelier helped us pick the perfect wine - suited our taste and at a good price point. My husband was impressed that he had a customized menu bearing his name when we arrived - and a beautiful, delicious dessert that was served on a plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate. An all around excellent experience - topped off by the chance to meet the owner, Nick, who was so gracious and charming. We will be back!Special Features:
- Another excellent dinnerGeorgeCVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have enjoyed Woodfire Grill through it's various re-inventions.At our latest dinner we could tell something was very slightly off...for example the shrimp appetizer was on a huge plate and only a small portion of it was filled on the side, the shrimp were also a tiny bit undercooked;the main dishes also had too many ingredients, as if the chef was trying too hard;no leafy salad available, the only item close to a salad was a reconstituted watermelon (quite delicious and original). After leaving we found out that both the bartender and executive chef had left the restaurant. Big loss to lose the previous executive chef and excellent bar tender, who were putting Woodfire Grill on the map in Atlanta at the very top of the culninary scene.Special Features:
- romanticwineDined on 8/23/2014Awesome. This was a very special night, our 15 year Anny. The staff, the food, the ambiance was terrific. Thanks so much for everything.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!ItalianGalLuvsFoodDined on 8/23/2014Had a group of friends join us for dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday at Woodfire Grill. We enjoyed the service, ambiance, private room and especially the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Our service at Woodfire Grill was excellent as was the food. We had not dined here before, but we will return. Hands down, one of the best restaurants in Atlanta!Special Features:
- Excellent meal and great winesBauziDined on 8/22/2014A quiet and dignified atmosphere and an exquisite kitchen with a supremely attentive discreet operating staff. Haute cuisine with a surprisingly exciting wine list with some great finds to be discovered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.