1782 Cheshire Bridge Road
Atlanta, GA 30324Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodfiregrill.com/
- Phone: 4043479055x
- Hours of Operation:
Spring Schedule Dinner:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Fridays - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Weinstein
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Woodfire Grill has 2 private dining areas. The Loft can accommodate up to 16 guests board-room style or expand for up to 25 guests. The Mezzanine can accommodate groups from 6-32 guests privately or up to 50 guests semi-privately.
- Private Party Contact: JR Zincone 4043479055x
- Special Events: Woodfire Grill has 4 private dining areas. The Loft can accommodate up to 16 guests board-room style or expand for up to 25 guests. The Mezzanine can accommodate groups from 6-28 guests privately or up to 50 guests semi-privately. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
A word from Woodfire Grill
Woodfire Grill indulges Atlantans with seasonally influenced, ingredient-focused cuisine. The menu changes daily and features fresh organic ingredients. Executive Chef Tyler Williams incorporates the seasonal offerings of small local farms and purveyors as well as organic beef, lamb, pork, poultry and seafood for simply prepared cuisine. Foods are fire-roasted and grilled with an a la carte menu comprised of first, second, third and dessert courses. Five and seven course chef tasting menus are available every night. Since opening in 2002, Woodfire Grill has been honored by critics in numerous reviews, by both local and national press. The staff at Woodfire Grill is especially proud to have been the focus of such acclaim by such publications as Food and Wine, Gourmet and Wine Spectator. We invite you to come experience the delicious offerings at Woodfire Grill. Since our menu changes daily, our past customers will experience a new collection of seasonal dishes with every visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Woodfire Grill - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Woodfire Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)fit for foodies (75)romantic (53)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (25)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- not the home run I was expectingNew2AtlantaDined on 9/13/2014I took a friend here for the food, reputation, and most important the menu showed a chocolate truffle cake which is her favorite. When they called to verify my reservation I made the comment "as long as you have the chocolate cake we're good" and was told yes and there was plenty of chocolate on the desert menu. When the desert menu arrived there was no truffle cake on it. Even as I write this, and the online menus are still not the correct menus. As for the food, I can only reply on my dish the trout which was a bit overcooked, seasoned nicely, but a fairly boring dish at 30ish dollars.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!jstarkeDined on 9/12/2014I took my grandparents here and we had an amazing meal. Woodfire seated us in a private dining space that was nicely lit and quiet. The courses were timed to perfection and the service was outstanding. Not to mention, the great food!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful evening and experienced a truly welcoming atmosphere from the moment we entered the building. Every member of the staff seemed to enjoy being there and provided excellent service. While various staff served and described each course with different levels of precision and confidence, it did not detract from the wonderful experience. They were flexible and helpful. The only real drawback was the valet was very busy when we were leaving (on a Friday evening) and there was a little wait in a light rain until we were able to have someone bring our car. Overall, it was a fabulous evening.Special Features:
- special eveningsmithsDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I dined at the Woodfire grill for our anniversary. They took excellent care of us during our time. We had the 7 course tasting menu (which was really like 12 courses) and each course was very well prepared, and full of flavor. I highly recommend it. Since it was our special evening, we were greeting as if we were VIPs (including our names at the top of the menu). The staff (all of them) made us feel extremely special and worked exceptionally hard to make sure that our evening was the absolute best. I would highly recommend the Woodfire Grill to anyone wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta and have a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- 23rd Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014Thanks for a fantastic evening! Great food and fantastic service for our anniversary celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a memorable experienceNathanDined on 8/29/2014Once again our group was treated in a special way and we truly had an evening to remember.Special Features:
- Special Occasion even more specialSTREETSMARTSMOMVIPDined on 8/29/2014I expected great food - but was surprised by the creativity, the excellence and the heart that made each dish more than just great. The staff was outstanding - a perfect balance of taking great care of us but yet somehow being unobtrusive. The sommelier helped us pick the perfect wine - suited our taste and at a good price point. My husband was impressed that he had a customized menu bearing his name when we arrived - and a beautiful, delicious dessert that was served on a plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate. An all around excellent experience - topped off by the chance to meet the owner, Nick, who was so gracious and charming. We will be back!Special Features:
- Another excellent dinnerGeorgeCVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have enjoyed Woodfire Grill through it's various re-inventions.At our latest dinner we could tell something was very slightly off...for example the shrimp appetizer was on a huge plate and only a small portion of it was filled on the side, the shrimp were also a tiny bit undercooked;the main dishes also had too many ingredients, as if the chef was trying too hard;no leafy salad available, the only item close to a salad was a reconstituted watermelon (quite delicious and original). After leaving we found out that both the bartender and executive chef had left the restaurant. Big loss to lose the previous executive chef and excellent bar tender, who were putting Woodfire Grill on the map in Atlanta at the very top of the culninary scene.Special Features:
- romanticwineDined on 8/23/2014Awesome. This was a very special night, our 15 year Anny. The staff, the food, the ambiance was terrific. Thanks so much for everything.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!ItalianGalLuvsFoodDined on 8/23/2014Had a group of friends join us for dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday at Woodfire Grill. We enjoyed the service, ambiance, private room and especially the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Our service at Woodfire Grill was excellent as was the food. We had not dined here before, but we will return. Hands down, one of the best restaurants in Atlanta!Special Features:
- Excellent meal and great winesBauziDined on 8/22/2014A quiet and dignified atmosphere and an exquisite kitchen with a supremely attentive discreet operating staff. Haute cuisine with a surprisingly exciting wine list with some great finds to be discovered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great ExperiencegpsfoodieDined on 8/21/2014Woodfire consistently delivers a fantastic experience no matter what you occasion. The food is great, the service is great. The attention to detail that is important to them in turn rounds out an incredible dining experience for you. I have been here several time both business and personal and I walk away feeling as if I were the most important person of the night. The seasonal change in the menu makes each experience unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY MEMORABLE EXPERIENCELeoyuanDined on 8/20/2014We went there celebrating my girlfriend's birthday, and it turned out to be one of the best dinning experience we've ever had. Went for the 7 dish grand tasting, and even designed to be "blind tasting menu", they were still willing to recombine/add our preferred/fav plate in it. And of course they taste great. I put a note upon reservation about my gf's birthday, they customized the menu and are very generous in special deserts and birthday cake w/ candles. We don't drink much, so they allow we have two half-cups wines. They are pricy but I guess you get what you paid for (and a lot more).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!CarlDined on 8/15/2014New chef Matt's creations are some of the best ever! 7 course tasting menu was fantastic.Special Features:
- AwesomeplanemanDined on 8/9/2014The food and waitstaff where excellent. We did the 5 course meal and the choices were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMemphoodieDined on 8/8/2014We chose Woodfire Grill based on Zagat and TripAdvisor reviews. The food was excellent! We enjoyed the tasting menu with wine paring. This was one if the best restaurant experiences I've had. Although it was a tasting menu, the portions could have been a bit larger. The roasted beet salad and popcorn soup were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid / above averageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Good restaurant. Good food. We enjoyed it, but a little below expectation (which were reasonably high)Special Features:
- lurefishVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was AMAZING. We did the 7 course meal with wine pairing. Wines were high quality, and plenty per serving. Service was a little slow. We spent almost 3 hours for all the courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect choice every timePinkfishDined on 8/1/2014My recent visit to WFG was another wonderful evening. Over the years it has proved to be the perfect choice or for special occasions whether a reunion, birthday, or night out w/the love of your life. Even after moving very far away from ATL, WFG remains the perfect choice that I love sharing w/ others when I come back to the big city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceNathanDined on 7/26/2014Decided to celebrate my wife's birthday with some friends at Woodfire. They went out of their way to make it special for her. Creating her own keepsake menu, and many other touches. Food was phenomenal as was the service. Lots of attention was given to the smallest of details...down to the delivery of the food by the wait staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Go-to place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014This is our go-to restaurant for a special occasion. The food is fantastic, fresh, local and cooked in the wood-fired grill in the center of the restaurant. The menu is printed daily, so let them known if you are celebrating a special occasion, and they will personalize the menu. I love the tasting menu - and the chef loves when you try it. Be prepared for amazing food, great service and little surprises along the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceWinWVIPDined on 7/26/2014I have wanted to try this place for a long time. The service was outstanding. The waitress even asked if anyone had any food allergies so she could recommend something. I thought that was a nice touch. The service was prompt and courteous. The food was very good but the prices are a bit steep considering the size of the portions. Due to the lively nature of the restaurant's acoustics, I would suggest they kill the piped in music! Adds too much noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Better Service!4NixDined on 7/25/2014We chose the 7 course because it was $20 off. Was well worth it. From tasting all the food to the waiter named Jordano. He was excellent!Special Features:
- PersonalizedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014They personalized our anniversary. Service was attentive and exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/25/2014Amazing flavors and a staff that actually enjoys working together for the sake of the customer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014If you are looking for an excellent dinner out, you need to try Woodfire Grill. Every aspect of our meal was superb and the staff are extremely courteous and ensure an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapointed.Dave242VIPDined on 7/18/2014I love this place, the best restaurant in Atlanta for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Had a great time, great staff and atmosphere. The bar was busy, but the restaurant was lightly populated. That made it much more intimate and allowed a great view of the cook station.Special Features:
- Perfection!TorieDined on 7/17/2014We have been there 3 times and each time was wonderful. The staff is friendly and attentive. The food is prepared to perfection. We always look forward to eating there whenever we visit the Kansas Star Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightmeatballpart2Dined on 7/15/2014This was a night out for my girlfriends birthday. we selected the 5 course tasting with the wine pairing. I could not have asked for a better dinner for a romantic night out. Our waiter Robbie did a great job explaining the wine choices and timing was perfect. We had enough time to savor each dish and not too much time to wait for the next course. The atmosphere was quiet as it was a Tuesday night, not a heavy crowd but very comfortable atmosphere. After dinner we had a nightcap at the bar with Melissa and great conversation with Matt at the bar. We will definitely be coming back and sampling more of the menu.Special Features:
- A must when in AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014The Duck dumplings and skirt steak were amazing. Will definitely try the 5 or 7 course tasting menu on our next visit. The meal was topped off with great wine and peach pie for dessert mSpecial Features:
- Perfect Birthday party for 4CabSavvyDined on 7/12/2014Booth was perfect. The staff had nice touch that made her feel "spoiled," but they were not intrusive.Special Features:
- Go to Woodfire Grill!Deb99Dined on 7/9/2014Now this is farm to table food! Everything we had was absolutely delicious and perfectly prepared, from the heirloom cherry tomato salad (incredible) to the Alaskan halibut (amazing) to the Georgia peach pie (scrumptious)! In addition, our server (Andrew) was exactly what you'd want in a server -- friendly, knowledgeable, attentive but not overbearing. We will definitely go to Woodfire Grill again and we'll request Andrew as our server. What a wonderful night! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingDiningOutwKidsVIPDined on 7/9/2014You can never have a bad experience at Woodfire. Food and service are always amazing!Special Features:
- MandBVIPDined on 7/5/2014We always enjoy Woodfire Grill. The food is consistently original and delicious. This time we had a set 5th of July barbeque menu and it was wonderful. The menu was original and the food great.
- Just lovelyBrunchDined on 7/1/2014We had a perfect evening at Woodfire Grill. Erin was delightful, attentive and knowledgeable, sensitive to our evening's rhythm ... we are slow, happy diners. We did the 5 course tasting with wine and it was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemisscookieDined on 6/28/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary. Our waiter was relaxed but excellent and the food was approachable but very delicious. They even printed our names on the menu as a keepsake and made a special dessert for us. We'll be back - don't hesitant to come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceAtldineDined on 6/28/2014Every single member of the staff was so friendly! The service was amazing! We did the 7 course tasting and left incredibly full. The food was great and it was a fun dining experience. I absolutely love the laid back feel of this restaurant even though they serve elegant food. This is one of our new favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningPeteVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food, great service and wonderful neighborhood gem.. Make sure you stop by the bar for a pre dinner cocktail served by Melissa ... she was wonderful... Put it on your list of places to dine.Special Features: