Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant
199 Woodcliff Dr
Fairport, NY 14450Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodcliffhotelspa.com/
- Phone: 5852484825
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00 am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Steven Wilkinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: With our location in Rochester"s finest hotel we offer full banquet services for groups up to 200!
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Chappel 585-248-4821
- Entertainment: Horizons offers entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings from 7:30 pm until 12 midnight and weekdays from 5:30 to 8:40 pm in Horizons Lounge
A word from Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant
Dining at this Rochester Restaurant is a unique experience. At Horizons Restaurant, our guests enjoy beautiful views and creative cusine. Located at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, Horizons Restaurant has been a favorite Rochester NY restaurant for nearly two decades. Our tradition of excellent wines and great food in an elegant, yet relaxed atmosphere keeps our guests returning to this great Rochester Restaurant. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner or Horizons" fabulous Sunday Brunch where every table commands a spectacular view!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fairport ›
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (29)special occasion (27)romantic (21)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (6)good for groups (5)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great dinner in timevstar1100Dined on 8/1/2014had a great meal at woodcliff would have been better if my wife could of had our dinner at the same time her dinner came was over done they were great took it back. the only thing was i had my dinner . They were great they removed her dinner from the bill But still we could eat at the same time .Special Features:
- jules6795Dined on 6/29/2014Great Experience. Plan to comeback soon. Unexpected place to find so close to my home. I did find about the place in Rochester brochure picked up in the Rochester airport.Special Features:
- One of the bestMooseVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was perfect. The service was good. The sunset and sunset view was excellent. This is still one of the best restaurants in Rochester. The only strike is the price. Dinner for two with drinks is $150. I guess you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- wonderful nightfinrtimeDined on 6/21/20141 year anniversary diner was wonderful. Dan the server made us feel we were the only ones there. Definitely a place to return too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHard2pleaseDined on 6/20/2014The food was superb from beginning to end. Lobster Arancini was a delicious appetizer, and the saffron aioli made even the watercress sparkle. Dust breast with hazelnut mashed potatoes was just as wonderful, but the duck confit spring rolls made it special. I had duck in a supposedly good Massachusetts restaurant two weeks earlier and it didn't compare. The Grand Marnier chocolate mousse topped the meal with a light touch. Hard to remember when I've had a better meal in Rochester.Special Features:
- once a year for 30RicardoVIPDined on 6/20/2014great view and great ambiance. our server was prompt and professional. The food!! I have had many memorable meals here. This time not so much as far as the food went. I started off with escargot in a bowl with garlic parsley puree, vegetables with a filo dough top. Much to big for a appetizer with just a hint of garlic and a fairly bland sauce. not a fan! My entrée was medallion of veal with marsala sauce. The Veal was excellent but I could barely taste marsala. The lobster risotto was OK not great. it was over whelmed with lemon. I have had many good meals here so maybe its a new chef or just an off night. see you next year.Special Features:
- PatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2014Had a great night catching up with long time friends we hadn't seen in a while. Started @ the Bar @ 6 while the terrific Band played (The Schooners - Play every Thurs Night & it's one of the reasons we went here & on Thurs). Music was perfect as was the Sound (easy to talk over, while not being far away). Started dinner at 7 and broke up around 10. Dinner was delicious for all four of us, was paced nicely for us to talk and catch up, and the service was VERY attentive. The table was by a window with an awesome view of the beautiful grounds and Rochester Skyline. Fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hockey1309Dined on 6/8/2014We have been going to Woodcliff for almost 30 years for special occasions or to treat ourselves. We have never been disappointed. We now live in Florida and return to Fairport , yearly, for our anniversary dinner. Thank you for the continued dining experience.Special Features:
- fabulous viewroconfoodDined on 6/6/2014Everything about the woodcliff is special. The hilltop location provides a stunning view. Service is very good. The food and menu choices are superb. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableNYWolfDined on 6/4/2014Overall good experience and good food, but need to be more carefullisting items, my wife is allergic to asparagus, unfortunately her entree listed all the veg, but no mention of asparagus, when it arrived the main veg was chopped asparagus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Our dining experience was wonderful. I had requested a corner table and this request was honored. We were celebrating a 40th anniversary and it was made special by a complimentary glass of champagne after dinner. I thought that was a nice touch! The food was very good and the seafood bisque was the best we had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food -- not so great serviceLuvGoodFoodDined on 5/31/2014Went to Horizons for a special occasion. The food was excellent (enjoyed the lobster bisque), everything we expected. However, the service was not. This in spite of the fact that there were two servers for our table and the manager came to our table to apologize for an initial delay. The delays continued throughout the meal--not what I expected.Special Features:
- dinner with a viewboomerDined on 5/30/2014Had dinner at the Horizons rest. for our anniversary. Very nice room with a great view of the area and sunset. For a special occasion this was a terrific place! The service was top notch and the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2014Delicious array of choices - omelettes to carved meats to salads to desserts. Don't miss the Trifle! Complimentary cocktail is a nice touch as well!Special Features:
- luvkaleDined on 5/22/2014We love what the next chef is offering -- plus the view is the greatest and the service was polite and competent -- what's not to like?Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!Perfectineveryway1951Dined on 5/16/2014As always, a wonderful evening. Great food, service and view. Please keep doing a great job!Special Features:
- great!!crispyDined on 5/9/2014Wonderful dinner, accommodated the special requests I made, staff was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchFredVIPDined on 5/5/2014Beautiful lunch with average food at best. I used to love this place but food has slowly been dropping.
- Losing interestJillDined on 5/3/2014We have tried this restaurant twice now and both times very disappointed. The staff was wonderful and the view could not be better, but the food was bland, under cooked and over priced. I don't know if we will give this place another chance.
- Relaxing BirthdayAmberleyDined on 5/3/2014Very nice facility view was fantastic. Started off with a delicious and visually beautiful breakfast. Then went up to spa where we enjoyed massage, pedicure, and manicure. Very nice special occasion experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but expensiveHenryVIPDined on 5/1/2014Though the service and ambience are outstanding, the food does not justify the high prices. The same menu choices, well prepared, are available at other venues nearby at less than half the prices! This may explain why the dining room is sparsely attended at lunch time.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant reviews archive.
- a pleasant dinner butIRKADined on 4/27/2014A dining experience can be marred by the little things... like not having the heavy club chair pulled out for a lady automatically. Impossible to do when you are carrying a handbag. Or describing the chicken on the menu as a "paillard" when it's actually airline chicken. A paillard never has a bone in it and is flattened very thin. While the airline chicken was very tasty, it's not what I was expecting. On the plus side, the wine list by the glass was outstanding. Rarely is European gewurtztraminer offered by the glass. The view is awesome and the waitress serving us was great.Special Features:
- HorizonsKevinDined on 3/22/2014This weekend we spent our 11th Anniversary with Woodcliff, and dining at Horizons. This review is specific to the dining experience. We started with a Bordeaux and a G-Riesling. Both were great. I had athe lobster bisque (which I think I determined a secret ingredient in that I won't share... it too some deliberation.) It was fantastic. My wife had a Caesar salad. Both of us decided on the Pork Shank with Orecchiette, which although special knives were brought, it was so tender even a butter knife wasn't necessary. It simply fell off the bone. The orecchieete (one of my favorite pastas) was awesome as well. The staff was very attentive and friendly. They did a great job.Special Features:
- Great spot for a business lunchonthemoveDined on 2/18/2014Great spot to have a business lunch for a reasonable price in a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great for a Special Occasion BrunchupstatedinerDined on 1/26/2014Had brunch at Horizons with two friends recently to celebrate the holidays (somewhat belatedly). Found the food to be interesting, creative, varied, and to taste as good as it looked. The piano player in the background was a nice touch…played a nice variety of lovely pieces very well, but not so loud it disrupted our conversation (and we were sitting very near the piano).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Excellent service. ANDREW the manager made sure everything was right. Service is the best. Food was really good. Drinks are perfectly made. 4 stars. Not 5 because while the food is really tasty it could still be made more gourmet with other cuts of meat and more of a seafood selection such as crab legs and raw oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOlive1022Dined on 1/10/2014Tips: Although the bar area remains lively, dining later in the evening (8pm and up) I found a pleasantly private restaurant section. The down side to the aforementioned is, with the dark outside and lit inside, the view becomes less apparent. Service: Our waitress was excellent, she was very attentive and friendly. I must admit since the place was near empty I'd expect nothing less. Price: Not cheap, save this spot for special occasions. Diner for two (without tip) plan on paying $120. give or take $15. Attire: This is so rarely addressed, this is the type of place where you can arrive in your best suit or a NICE pair of jeans and collard shirt. Either way you won't look out of place, so long as you match your company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with my parentsLAFSDined on 12/30/2013We really enjoyed our lunch. My parents were visiting from out of town, wanted to take them for a nice meal someplace pretty. We arrived for lunch at 11:00. It was quiet and we were given a table by the windows with a beautiful view. The service was good as were our meals. The view gives you a taste of the Finger Lakes landscape. Very nice, will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013This was a great place to go for brunch. There was a wide variety of delicious food and the servers were friendly and welcoming. The price was very reasonable for the variety, types and quality of the food. We took my step-dad here for a special meal during his Christmas visit from Florida, and he enjoyed it tremendously.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinnerWesternNYSDined on 12/6/2013Had a very nice dinner for this birthday celebration. Nice jazz played in the bar area. Woodcliff Lodge has always been a good special occasion place. Crab cake appetizer and smoked parsnip and goat cheese ravioli were great. Make sure to save room for desert especially the chocolate and espresso cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing facelift to decor & menu!ATTKDined on 11/2/2013My husband and I have always loved Horizon's, but the first time we went back after the major renovation, we were floored. An updated, hip, yet refined ambiance was what first grabbed our attention. We had superb service, great wine selection. The escargot served on puff pastry was divine, and not an appetizer you are treated to often in Rochester! Great meals, great service, one of our top picks in Rochester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Night!!patiVIPDined on 9/7/2013It was our nine year anniversary. We were supposed to get a romantic table with a gorgeous view until my boyfriend found out the race was on tv. So we ate at the bar and had a great time with Andy!!!And I was promised a return visit when the race is not on.Special Features:
- This has always been one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/12/2013This has always been one of my favorite places- the view is great but the food and service is not as great as it use to be. A bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Relaxing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2013The beautiful sunset was only surpasses by the great food. Highly reccomend the Woodcliff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. ServiceMooseVIPDined on 7/27/2013Food was very good. Service was OK. We were brought the wrong drink twice. New remodel makes place look huge. Unfortunately, they are starting to get too expensive for the value provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodcliffNiteOutDined on 6/23/2013We went for Sunday brunch. We ate in an overflow area, rather than the restaurant area. We had a view of the pool area rather than overlooking the city. It was a buffet but some serving dishes were empty and they had trouble getting them filled in a timely manner. The carving station and omelet station were well taken care of. The "dessert" section was also missing some items. What we got was fine but it was frustrating to see the empty places on the buffet line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woodclifff has always beenOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/22/2013Woodclifff has always been one of our favorite places to celebrate a special occasion. This visit was a bit disappointing-service was very slow, food was good but not a WOW meal. I had requested a dessert to celebrate our friend's birthday but that did not occur. All in all it was nice but not great.Special Features:
- pams b-daymuzzyDined on 6/21/2013Our waiter was nice but not efficient. 'He brought the wrong fish dish/not zealous about correcting Didn't put candle in dessert and made zero effort to after was told he forgot Charged for food we never received/did correct when brought to his attention However; have eaten there many times love the setting and food so will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu needs developing...FoodieatheartDined on 6/8/2013We were a party of four with two people ordering steaks which were fine after one was sent back for being too well done. I ordered pork ossobuca and it was not slow cooked and dry for the dish. My partner ordered the ciopino and it did not come with half the ingredients that were on the menu and it was very salty. The live entertainment and wine selection was great. The manager did the right thing by crediting the dinner they could not fix because we did not want to waste food. I would give it a try again. They were also busy with two weddings that night. We have been here for Brunch and other times and it was fantastic. It might have been an off night....the view, wine and entertainment were too good to write this place off...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a good experience.Johnny555VIPDined on 12/23/2012This was a good experience. Visiting, we took a shot since we had not eaten here in several years. It was a good as we remembered. Nice menu with interesting seasonal specials though they were sold out of the Mahi Mahi by 7:00. So it goes... They offer a limited selection of French wines but the Sancerre we chose was perfect. Note; They serve large portions including dinner salads that some would consider a meal in and of itself.Special Features: