Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant
199 Woodcliff Dr
Fairport, NY 14450Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodcliffhotelspa.com/
- Phone: (585) 248-4825
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00 am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Steven Wilkinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: With our location in Rochester"s finest hotel we offer full banquet services for groups up to 200!
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Chappel 585-248-4821
- Entertainment: Horizons offers entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings from 7:30 pm until 12 midnight and weekdays from 5:30 to 8:40 pm in Horizons Lounge
A word from Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant
Dining at this Rochester Restaurant is a unique experience. At Horizons Restaurant, our guests enjoy beautiful views and creative cusine. Located at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, Horizons Restaurant has been a favorite Rochester NY restaurant for nearly two decades. Our tradition of excellent wines and great food in an elegant, yet relaxed atmosphere keeps our guests returning to this great Rochester Restaurant. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner or Horizons" fabulous Sunday Brunch where every table commands a spectacular view!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fairport ›
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)scenic view (33)romantic (23)great for brunch (12)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cozy brunchAmy2468Dined on 11/16/2014A cozy, warm brunch spot with a spectacular view. The service is outstanding, they really aim to please. The only issue I would have is that the food is rather ordinary for the price. It is very good but ordinary brunch fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinner2010coupleDined on 11/15/2014We come back every year for dinner on our anniversary (got married there in the gazebo in 2010.) Always a pleasant experience in the restaurant and this time was no different. Over the years we've noticed changes in the layout and decor- though we miss the booth it is still very nice. Before dinner we were in the lounge and were surprised to see so many kids running around. Apparently there was a youth hockey team staying there. This did not affect dinner itself- was all adults / quiet. But it was annoying in the lounge, and there was a lot of noise in the hotel until midnight. Constant traffic in the hallway, loud voices, doors slamming (the door closer mechanism causes the noise, which maybe that could be addressed, but it was the frequency of kids going in and out of the rooms that drove us crazy.) Called the front desk, about 1/2 hour later things calmed down. This might not be the right place to review the hotel, but the restaurant experience was completely separate from the other aspects. We'll probably be back next year, but not sure if we'll stay. I'm big on tradition, and it takes a lot for me to change them, but the dinner was the only good part. We're not foodies or wine snobs, so we don't have much to offer re: what we ordered. I had the chicken and my wife had the sea bass. Both were prepared well, no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraDined on 11/8/2014A great getaway location with excellent dining and accommodations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Celebration at HorizonstimeforusDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I specifically chose the Horizons Restaurant at Woddcliff Lodge to celebbrate our anniversary and a birthday!! We knew we could count on the food to be unique and superb, the service a perfect blend of cared-for and yet allowed privacy for us to talk, and the music perfect for our enjoyment!! We have come to Woodcliff and Horizons Restaurant and the bar area many times over the past 10 years and have ALWAYS had the perfect experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevoDined on 10/25/2014Pros: Bartenders Christy and Andy are top notch. Food was very good and the servers are very knowledable about food and wine pairing. The wine list has been updated with great selections (which are available). I recall a time when I ordered a wine from the list that wasnt available, I ended up picking out a 2nd ..not available and a third ...not available. Music and having a dance floor lots of fun ..Tom Passimoni's band was great. Cons: New decor; not sure what the decorator was trying to accomplish but certainly not an improvement. Dinner menu is very limited, not looking for a Franchise style with everything but chinken fingers but it could use a little expansion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satsitfied!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I got married at wood cliff and go back every year for our anniversary - we had a great time! looking forward to next year or another occasion sooner to go back- thank uSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing AtmosphereStellaDoroDined on 10/24/2014The food was expertly prepared with flavors that gave distinction and delight. Beautiful setting which providing a relaxing atmosphere for lunch.Special Features:
- Another GREAT Meal!acmereviewsDined on 10/18/2014Fabulous, as usual! I had the prix fix 3 course meal: cowboy ribeye, roasted fingerling potato, grand mariner chocolate mousse. Husband had the trout. Food was spectacular! Service: outstanding! Loved the fireplace and smooth jazz vocalist/band ambiance. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- A special placekennygDined on 10/15/2014Great wait staff, very accommodating, excellent presentation, great view of the hills especially in the fall season. Woodcliff comes to mind whenever I have to plan a special dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointing 88th birthday brunchRochmikeDined on 10/12/2014We reserved well in advance because our special guest, celebrating her 88th birthday, had fond memories from a past brunch. We arrived precisely at the 11:00 opening time and were third in line. But we (with 95 year old and 88 year old people using walkers) had to stand waiting for almost 15 minutes, with no explanation or acknowledgement from the young woman at the podium, who made no eye contact and was clearly in over her head. The line behind us grew out to the lobby. When we were finally seated we were offered coffee but it took almost another 15 minutes to arrive and was barely warm. When we left the restaurant we had to wait almost 15 minutes for the single harried valet to arrive to get our car. The good news: the food was superb.Special Features:
- KatyBDined on 10/11/2014Our food was excellent and the service was great. We will definitely be back and we will highly recommend the restaurant to our friends. Wonderful experience. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!luvtodineDined on 10/3/2014Horizons Restaurant continues to be a special place to dine. Service is always exceptional. The menu is great with several options. I am never disappointed when I dine there (brunch, lunch, dinner or special occasion).Special Features:
- Great Service-Poor OptionsbootssuitsDined on 9/28/2014Yes, the restaurant is a very high class establishment, but the variety of food is very small and expensive. If you love duck, lobster, and steak related food, you will love this place. We had some items from the dessert menu and the food was amazing! The waitresses were fantastic and nice. My only complaint was the variety of food. Maybe some pasta related items (chicken parm, etc.) or some turkey dinner items. Just some ideas.Special Features:
- Special birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Celebrated a 90th birthday lunch. Beautiful day to enjoy the outstanding view. Not too many patrons, so very quiet. Host and wait staff excellent, food good, lobster bisque delicious. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014My family and I were looking forward to the experience as we have eaten there before but for dinner. This time we were there for brunch, but to our surprise our table was outside the dining area, located close to the front desk. It felt like we were having our brunch in the lobby. As we brought that up to the hostess she apologized and said that she thought we had been notified of the location of our table. Emily called me at 10:00 that morning to confirm our reservation and it was never mentioned that we would be placed outside the dining area. I'd have rescheduled our brunch if I had known that.Special Features:
- High Class DiningFeedMeYourBestDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant is on a cliff and has a great view to the west. When conditions are right I expect you would see a beautiful sunset. The food ranks right up there with the best food we have eaten anywhere in the world. The night we had dinner Gap Mangione started playing piano at 7:30 for the restaurant. At 8:30 the rest of his band joined him for music that was more for the bar scene. (Gap is Chuck's brother.) Excellent breakfast the next morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 9/18/2014.Wonderful, wonderful food. But service was terrible. For some reason we had two servers for our table (a party of 5). And that seemed to be at the basis of the problem.Wrong food served, long wait to even be offered something from the bar, tea served to only one person at the table, the rest of us did not get our tea or coffee until we repeatedly asked; one of our parties had to leave and asked for her dessert to go. Had to ask twice to have this happen and it wasn't until she got up to walk out, did the dessert finally come. Just disappointing when service has always been so good. I had suggested your restaurant for the meeting and so I felt bad that the experience was not what I expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service ruined a nice dinnerBillVIPDined on 9/13/2014To start, this restaurant has an incredible, genuinely breathtaking view at sunset. The food was fairly good: a bit pricey for the level of quality, but certainly acceptable. The primary issue was the waiting. Our total time from seating to receiving our food was over an hour. Since this is the third time we've had an unusually long wait here, we won't be returning.Special Features:
- Great Lunch6forlunchDined on 9/11/2014It was a birthday luncheon and the waitress was very accommodating. We had a table with a view, as requested, and we enjoyed a leisurely lunch. Everyone was very pleased with the food as well as the service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDoonserDined on 8/29/2014We are not people who can regularly afford to dine or stay at places like the Woodcliff Hotel and Horizons Restaurant, but we have high standards for food quality and service. Regarding the restaurant, the waitress and her assistant were friendly, there when we needed them, and not fawning or intrusive. My wife loved her salmon, and remarked on the wonderful crust and moist interior, & the subtle but distinct flavors. I had the tenderloin; it was the best serving of beef in my life. I thought it was better than a filet, as it was so tender and yet had texture. We had wine by the glass, and the recommendations were perfect. We have had less satisfying meals for more money. We will be back.Special Features:
- great dinner in timevstar1100Dined on 8/1/2014had a great meal at woodcliff would have been better if my wife could of had our dinner at the same time her dinner came was over done they were great took it back. the only thing was i had my dinner . They were great they removed her dinner from the bill But still we could eat at the same time .Special Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - Horizons Restaurant reviews archive.
- jules6795Dined on 6/29/2014Great Experience. Plan to comeback soon. Unexpected place to find so close to my home. I did find about the place in Rochester brochure picked up in the Rochester airport.Special Features:
- One of the bestMooseVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was perfect. The service was good. The sunset and sunset view was excellent. This is still one of the best restaurants in Rochester. The only strike is the price. Dinner for two with drinks is $150. I guess you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- wonderful nightfinrtimeDined on 6/21/20141 year anniversary diner was wonderful. Dan the server made us feel we were the only ones there. Definitely a place to return too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHard2pleaseDined on 6/20/2014The food was superb from beginning to end. Lobster Arancini was a delicious appetizer, and the saffron aioli made even the watercress sparkle. Dust breast with hazelnut mashed potatoes was just as wonderful, but the duck confit spring rolls made it special. I had duck in a supposedly good Massachusetts restaurant two weeks earlier and it didn't compare. The Grand Marnier chocolate mousse topped the meal with a light touch. Hard to remember when I've had a better meal in Rochester.Special Features:
- once a year for 30RicardoVIPDined on 6/20/2014great view and great ambiance. our server was prompt and professional. The food!! I have had many memorable meals here. This time not so much as far as the food went. I started off with escargot in a bowl with garlic parsley puree, vegetables with a filo dough top. Much to big for a appetizer with just a hint of garlic and a fairly bland sauce. not a fan! My entrée was medallion of veal with marsala sauce. The Veal was excellent but I could barely taste marsala. The lobster risotto was OK not great. it was over whelmed with lemon. I have had many good meals here so maybe its a new chef or just an off night. see you next year.Special Features:
- PatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2014Had a great night catching up with long time friends we hadn't seen in a while. Started @ the Bar @ 6 while the terrific Band played (The Schooners - Play every Thurs Night & it's one of the reasons we went here & on Thurs). Music was perfect as was the Sound (easy to talk over, while not being far away). Started dinner at 7 and broke up around 10. Dinner was delicious for all four of us, was paced nicely for us to talk and catch up, and the service was VERY attentive. The table was by a window with an awesome view of the beautiful grounds and Rochester Skyline. Fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hockey1309Dined on 6/8/2014We have been going to Woodcliff for almost 30 years for special occasions or to treat ourselves. We have never been disappointed. We now live in Florida and return to Fairport , yearly, for our anniversary dinner. Thank you for the continued dining experience.Special Features:
- fabulous viewroconfoodDined on 6/6/2014Everything about the woodcliff is special. The hilltop location provides a stunning view. Service is very good. The food and menu choices are superb. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableNYWolfDined on 6/4/2014Overall good experience and good food, but need to be more carefullisting items, my wife is allergic to asparagus, unfortunately her entree listed all the veg, but no mention of asparagus, when it arrived the main veg was chopped asparagus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Our dining experience was wonderful. I had requested a corner table and this request was honored. We were celebrating a 40th anniversary and it was made special by a complimentary glass of champagne after dinner. I thought that was a nice touch! The food was very good and the seafood bisque was the best we had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food -- not so great serviceLuvGoodFoodDined on 5/31/2014Went to Horizons for a special occasion. The food was excellent (enjoyed the lobster bisque), everything we expected. However, the service was not. This in spite of the fact that there were two servers for our table and the manager came to our table to apologize for an initial delay. The delays continued throughout the meal--not what I expected.Special Features:
- dinner with a viewboomerDined on 5/30/2014Had dinner at the Horizons rest. for our anniversary. Very nice room with a great view of the area and sunset. For a special occasion this was a terrific place! The service was top notch and the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2014Delicious array of choices - omelettes to carved meats to salads to desserts. Don't miss the Trifle! Complimentary cocktail is a nice touch as well!Special Features:
- luvkaleDined on 5/22/2014We love what the next chef is offering -- plus the view is the greatest and the service was polite and competent -- what's not to like?Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!Perfectineveryway1951Dined on 5/16/2014As always, a wonderful evening. Great food, service and view. Please keep doing a great job!Special Features:
- great!!crispyDined on 5/9/2014Wonderful dinner, accommodated the special requests I made, staff was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchFredVIPDined on 5/5/2014Beautiful lunch with average food at best. I used to love this place but food has slowly been dropping.
- Losing interestJillDined on 5/3/2014We have tried this restaurant twice now and both times very disappointed. The staff was wonderful and the view could not be better, but the food was bland, under cooked and over priced. I don't know if we will give this place another chance.
- Relaxing BirthdayAmberleyDined on 5/3/2014Very nice facility view was fantastic. Started off with a delicious and visually beautiful breakfast. Then went up to spa where we enjoyed massage, pedicure, and manicure. Very nice special occasion experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.