Wood35 Restaurant & Bar
3500 Blvd St. Laurent
Montreal, QC H2X 2T6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Wood35 Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wood35.ca/
- Phone: (514) 844-0027
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday to Saturday: 6:00 pm to 3:00am special guest dj on week end
Sunday and Monday - closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nick D'Onofrio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You have come for the experience, now let the experience come to you BICE CATERING has maintained a reputation of creative cuisines, flawless execution and unparalleled customer service. We believe a successful event goes beyond serving culinary delights. Whether you are planning a wedding, business engagement, social affair, gala or fundraiser, from traditional favourites to inspired new creations, innovative menu planning, and the highest standards in service, we pride ourselves on making every event a success.
- Private Party Facilities: When it comes to celebrating special occasions or entertaining important clients, Med Grill’s unique ambience and flexible dining space provide guests with a stylish and versatile venue for weddings, parties or even small conferences. Call us today, and let our specialists work with you to put our space and our resources at your disposal. Med Grill’s dining room can accommodate up to 185 guests, and our chefs and sommeliers will be happy to work with you to develop the perfectly tailored combination of food and wine to satisfy and impress your guests. (Full AV capabilities available)
- Private Party Contact: Giorgio Damiani 5148066524
- Entertainment: A Resident DJ on weekend Evenings, spins the hottest jams keeping a great vibe flowing throughout the night!
- Special Events: Please contact: Patricia Strucka (514) 962-0017 email@example.com
A word from Wood35 Restaurant & Bar
Wood35 Restaurant & Bar gives you a front-row view onto Montreal’s famed St-Laurent strip, where local trendsetters and tourists alike come together to create a unique party atmosphere that’s distinctly Montréalais!! The menu offers adventurous ingredient combinations composed with striking artistry and flavors from around the globe, cleverly and most beautifully created, so as to please various palates. Revel in the lounge atmosphere, you simply won’t find anywhere else as you are surrounded by industrial chic environment conceived and designed by french architect Miquel Cancio Martins. Wood35 Restaurant & Bar serves you something for every one of your five senses!!Continued
LA VIE PLUS ATTRAYANTE QUE JAMAIS... DISCOVER MONTREALGOURMET.CA
LA VIE PLUS ATTRAYANTE QUE JAMAIS... DISCOVER MONTREALGOURMET.CA
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wood35 Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- AwfulFoodStyleDined on 7/26/2014We had a terrible experience at this restaurant. I wish I could rate the food below one star. The worst restaurant steak I've ever had. Poorly prepared and tough as leather with no flavour. The surrounding vegetables were wilted and most of the greens did not appear healthy enough to eat. The price for this entree suggested something significantly better than what was served. The server was oblivious to the menu options or our general unhappiness. Oh well. On to the next one.!
- Good night out !loverestoDined on 6/20/2014Service and food was good, price is decent for supper club on the Main.Special Features:
- Excellent dining place!!ModaudDined on 6/14/2014Ambience was cool, simple trendy with just enough lighting, so you can read the small menu & see the beautifully presented dishes! And yes, we were quite impressed with the food, it not only presented well, but tasted fantastic! My vegetables were grilled perfectly, the grilled salmon melted in yr mouth. And it was all reasonably priced, with excellent portions especially for the appetizers, which ranged from $8-12, i think. Waitstaff were friendly & efficient, with our drinks, water, etc. all young & beautiful pple. Altho, this place is geared to a younger 20 something group, it was an enjoyable dinner experience, we left @ 11pm just as the bottle service night life started kicking into high gear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience everyeahyeahVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wood35 was the worst dining experience I've ever had. We had a 10:30 reservation for 6 people and our food did not arrive at our table until 12:15. When the food did arrive, it was ice cold and improperly prepared. The salmon came out raw and the steak came out rare... both of which were requested well done. We spoke with 2 of the restaurant's managers to have the food cooked a little bit longer, they refused. When I told the female manager of the issue with the food, she told me how cute I was and she attempted to dance with me (completely unprofessional). To add insult to injury, the managers refused to take the food items off of our large bill.
- The ServiceGoBlueVIPDined on 6/6/2014the staff sesrvicing us was very attentive and pleasant. the pace of the service was perfect for a great evening, the wine and food were excellent!Special Features:
- I Expected better..Onetimecritic1Dined on 6/5/2014I honestly never write negative reviews but unfortunately the service was horrible. The girls were nice but had no experience! Also because it was F1 weekend, it was extremely pricy, 35$ for a plate with about 5 pasta in there. $14 for a rum and coke. I understand the price but the place was empty for a reason. I would consider going back when the prices are more reasonable and the waitresses are actually good at their job and not just cute in a skirt.Special Features:
- Family celebration at Wood35Ali335Dined on 5/3/2014My husband, two daughters and I took our niece to Wood35 to celebrate her 16th birthday with a fun dinner and Wood 35 did not disappoint. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent, despite my having read a few reviews to the contrary. The older girls loved the vibe. It was a great evening and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Over my expectation!LovemyfoodVIPDined on 4/19/2014I booked this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews which were nice but just before few hours prior to our reservation my husband decided to read more reviews on urban spoon and yelp, those reviews were very negative.I was now debating what to do? Literally every single review was don't go, avoid this place and stay way!Even then my husband said it's ok if it's not that nice at least menu for now looks good so let's give it a shot.Our experience was amazing! Service, food, music, ambiance 10/10 but if was on Easter weekend so club after dinner time wasn't that busy. If you are looking for dinner place that turns into a club on saint Laurent then this is your good option. Micheal was our server and she was awesome! Hope this review helps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeSeaGalDined on 11/15/2013Dinner was good, the wine was too. We all loved the atmosphere and the music as well. Our only issues were that the waitress was a little curt and though I asked for a substitution and she wasn't sure it was possible she didn't bother to confirm with me either way and my plate arrived without it. Though timely the service left a little to be desired. Overall a positive experience but might hope for a different waitress next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2013I reserved for my gf's birthday at 7:30 only to go there and resto was closed. Thanks wood35 you really made her birthday special.Special Features:
- Felt rush every 2 sec. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Felt rush every 2 sec. They really want u to leave since the time u arrive.
- Everything was great. I wrotemm124Dined on 3/23/2013Everything was great. I wrote that it was our wedding anniversary on the reservation and we received a complimentary appetizer and an exceptional desert plate. Our waitress and her team read our reservation and gave us the best service. Sure, we will come back again...Special Features:
- The food and waiters wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013The food and waiters were really good. We did appreciate it. But a really noisy group were eating in there and that was really noisy. We have been sitting in the middle of the room and it was feeling like all the staff were staring at us. Not to much intimity. Otherwise nice place to entertain.Special Features:
- Second time there. FirstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Second time there. First time i had no complain, i actually had a great time. This time, service was pretty bad. First, i reserved for 12 and got a table for 8, so we had to squeeze. Then it took forever to the waitress to come and take my order for a drink. Also, my brother had to get up to get the water jug, because no one was coming to fill up our glasses. The food was pretty good, especially the tuna tartar, i took the steak, which good had been really good but i'm the only one who got one full of fat, the creme brulee was to die for. Overall it is a great place. I would still go back despite the bad service,since it good be just the waitress we had that was bad.Special Features:
- DISAPOINTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I was rejected from my reservation for 40 minutes because not all of my guests arrived and was told to sit at the bar when I did not want to. My table was clearly available but yet the hostess would not let me sit until she finally saw my that my group was getting very frustrated. When the whole group finally came, the service was VERY slow, we waited 25 minutes for an appetizer and another 25 for our main course. Not to mention, we were shoved in a corner table. This is not a way to treat customers, I guarantee to never come to this restaurant again or much less recommend it to anybody. Waste of time and money! I was very dissapointed from the time I walked in which is very rare for me since I have been to many restaurants in MTL. THANKSpecial Features:
- Great for groups, dinner clubOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013We enjoyed our time at Wood35, however, it was a little loud for dinner with the club music and the amount of people working there was too much. The employees would stand in little groups and talk to one another for the majority of our dinner. Plus, the lighting was not conducive to seeing our meal! However, this place would be awesome to visit with a group of people to enjoy dinner, then the restaurant turns into a club around 11. We went for my birthday and my dessert was on the house (the waitress said it was 'on her' but I bet it was free from the restaurant)Special Features:
- Wine list and food amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Wine list and food amazing !!!! Great service. Beautiful decor. Green spot and lights in our face while we ate, but well... When on Saturday Dec 21st and we were almost alone :( no ambiance that night! Probably won't go back but good place to try if you are a group.Special Features:
- Girl's night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Food was excellent, ambiance for diner was really cozy and us 4 ladies felt amazing. A variety of nice loungy music during diner as well. Staff was very professionnal and service was good. The only thing we warent crazy about is the music after diner when it became more of a club atmosphere. It was old rnb hits with some hiphop. We are more house and dance music fans... The evening was perfect but would have been even better if there was more of the music we enjoy listening and dancing too.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Excellent food and service, but no ambiance.We had the 19h30 dinner reservation and the restaurant was almost empty. People started coming in around 10pm.Special Features:
- Arrived at 7pm on a FridayscottmDined on 7/27/2012Arrived at 7pm on a Friday for an early dinner before a show to find a completely empty room. In the bright light it was easy to appreciate the the worn out condition of the tables, all were chipped and many tops were cracked and repaired. Some of the lounge chairs were repaired with tape. I guess that the late night lounge crowd is rough on furniture. Service was friendly but not professional. The food was nicely presented but lacklustre and somewhat lacking in flavour. Not sure I would return without an overhaul.Special Features:
- Excellent people watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012Excellent people watching on St. Laurent with a table near the window. Food was good, service was good. Pan seared tuna should have a dipping sauce of some sort (ie teryaki or ginger etc). Jalapeno mayo was delicious.Special Features:
- bachelorette nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012The food was tasty and the portions were a bit small but still filling. The caesar salad is VERY small, they give you 4 pieces of romaine lettuce, uncut, with a bit of cheese and very few croutons. But other than that the pastas were yummy. My friends ordered some drinks and commented that they were tasty but quite strong. Overall a nice upclass dinner with good ambience. The waitresses and attendants were really nice and helpful.mSpecial Features:
- Recently ate at Wood35 forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2012Recently ate at Wood35 for my birthday and was absolutely taken aback by the utter lack of service and poor quality of food. We had made reservations but they made us wait over 30 minutes to be seated. Moreover, the food was particularly disappointing. The food lacked in both taste and presentation, despite the expensive prices. The waitress brought our orders out in the wrong sequence and rushed the group to clear the table. She also mixed up our bills and made little effort to rectify the situation. We spent about $200 per person for a meal and were treated like we were part of an assembly line. Never again!
- service girl just want toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012service girl just want to make money in a rude way
- I could not hear a word myOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/31/2012I could not hear a word my friend was saying from across the table. We passed notes back and forth on our iPhones to communicate. The service was good and our cocktails and meals were delicious.Special Features:
- The food was very good inMartiinaDined on 3/31/2012The food was very good in a nice presentation. The service was too much! The waitress was always beside us and was rushing us to finish our plate, she can stop trying to pick up my plate even if I was not done with my meals. I was feeling to eat fast to let my table to somebody else! And finally at the dessert time, she brings us the bill letting us know to move out that people was waiting for our table.... We was there for the night but we left and I don't know if one day I will go back. Sad because the ambiance was nice but I feel that we where a number.Special Features:
- I know its a supper club,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012I know its a supper club, but the noise level is ridiculous. During dinner, its hard to even talk to the person in front of you, you need to almost scream to be heard. The food was excellent, as in it tasted amazing and the presentation is very well done. The problem is size and price. Vastly over-priced for very small portions, and I mean small. If I'm going to pay 19$ for a plate of pasta, I expect there to be more than a small handful of pasta. Service was poor in my opinion. Took forever to get to order and to get our food after. As for the music during the club part (which starts at 12), it was amazing. Good modern remixed dance music. Personally a little bit too loud for such a small venue though.
- our waitress had no smileOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012our waitress had no smile at all and was not aware of what changes could be done in our plate. no offer of coffee (even if one of us ask for one, she dodn't not take time to ask if other would want too). music was good.Special Features:
- Food was okay, but I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Food was okay, but I would not have been happy to pay the full price for what I had. Presentation was average and not in line with the type of atmosphere found in this restaurant. The quality of the food was not bad but not great. My tuna tartar was chunks of tuna and not small slices of tartar that would make the tartar seem almost creamy. Thank goodness I had a Living Social voucher that gave me 50% off the price of the meal. Nevertheless, the place is well located to go out drinking/clubbing afterwards, as its at the base of Saint-Laurent boulevard. The decor is beautiful as well.Special Features:
- There is nothing to complainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012There is nothing to complain about. We were greeted for our reservation on time. Great food. The server was knowledgable about the menu and very pleasent. A Typical St Laurent beautiful server. We would go back in a heart beat. Wood35 will do well, especially in the summer.Special Features:
- We were having a lovely dinner:OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012We were having a lovely dinner: food was great, ambiance was great, most of the service was friendly and helpful. The evening was ruined somewhat, however, at the very end. After we had paid our bill and were chatting, the waitress came to clean up our table and took my girlfriend's glass of wine away. There was still some wine in it and my girlfriend's hands were ON THE GLASS. I detected a hint of an attitude about it, too. I would recommend this restaurant on any day that waitress isn't working!Special Features:
- Beware the clienteleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2012In town from New York for the weekend and stumbled across this restaurant while shopping. The food was a nice take on traditional cuisine. The server was extremely kind and attentive. The restaurant itself was trying a bit too hard to cater to trendsetters. The manager's backside ended up on our table a few too many times due to the rambunctious group next to us, who also tried to hard to be trendsetters. Good place if you want a few stories to shock your friends.Special Features:
- Amazing Steak. Great Ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/30/2011Amazing Steak. Great Ambiance. Beautiful and attentive help. Great NightSpecial Features:
- The service was so horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2011The service was so horrible. They didn't want to give us our table until everyone had arrived. Then gave our table away, we had to wait for about an hour before being sitted. We reveive the wine after our plates, the guy dropped the salmon on the floor. Horrible service and staff very rude. Don't go there to eat, go for a drink later. The club scene after is great, great music and ambiance.Special Features:
- We waited almost 2 hours forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011We waited almost 2 hours for our table, they kept saying 15 more minutes, but by the time we sat down to eat it was close to 11PM - it's completely unacceptable! Since we had already paid parking and all restaurants downtown have line ups, we had no choice but to wait...They could have at least offered us a drink while we waited... What's the point of making a reservation if it's not going to be respected at all? Thankfully the food was very good, however as soon as we finished eating and got up to go to the washroom, they took our chairs away to turn the restaurant into a nightclub... We had our coffee standing up. Good thing we like dancing and the music was good and we were in good company therefore we still managed to have a good timeSpecial Features:
- Our reservation was for 9:00OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2011Our reservation was for 9:00 and they only seated us at 10:30! We were not Impressed with the slow seating. The food was very good though.
- This restaurant takes on MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011This restaurant takes on Montreal chic like you've never seen before. The servers were attentive and prompt. Gorgeous, delicious, and totally reasonably priced, I was thrilled to celebrate my birthday there and will most definitely be back.Special Features:
- I didn't eat here... Had aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2011I didn't eat here... Had a reservation for 10:30 and the restaurant called me at the last minute saying their kitchen will close early and the lastest they could accomodate me was 9:30, which I could not make...This has happened to me twice... Open Table and/or the restaurant should note that and not allow reservations to made at unaccomodating times as it's a lose-lose for all.
- GOOD EATSFromaFoodieVIPDined on 11/10/2011Excellent food and service. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2011We went to this restaurant because I had a promotion that I had bought via livingsocial. All I can say is that the food is spectacular!! The tuna tartar was amazing, as was the shrimp tempura appetizers. The tartar was so good that we ordered a 2nd one. My husband, who is a VERY fussy eater claimed he had the best braised beef of his life.. My salmon was cooked to perfection...I even ate the salmon skin, because it was just too good to waste. Succulent and crispy would best describe my salmon!! YUM! All in all the entire experience was wonderful despite the fact the we were not able to use the coupon because it was not valid on Saturndays. We didn't mind paying full price for quality food and it gives an excuse to go back again.Special Features: