Wood & Vine
6280 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wood & Vine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodandvine.com/
- Phone: (323) 334-3360
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday 6pm to Midnight
Friday 6pm to 2am
Saturday 11am to 2am
Sunday 11am to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss any requests for catering.
- Special Events: We are well-suited to host parties as intimate as 10 people or as large as 250. Several areas of our spacious restaurant can easily transform into semi-private spaces for groups of various sizes. Specialized party menus are available, and our dedicated events manager will help tailor all details to meet your needs. We have hosted many large-format parties for clients including Dreamworks, Disney, CSI Las Vegas, Cirque du Soleil, Reveille Productions, Magnolia Pictures, and the Ellen DeGeneres Show. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Wood & Vine
Wood & Vine is a New American restaurant featuring a large cocktail bar and beautiful outdoor patio dining. Chef Marc Johnson curates a seasonal ingredient-driven shared plates menu in a social atmosphere, complimented by small batch beers and wines, and craft cocktails. Staple dishes include Wood & Vine's fried chicken and waffles, local sea fare, and market salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wood & Vine - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Wood & Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (91)fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (39)special occasion (37)good for groups (35)romantic (34)late-night find (28)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Too darklindylouDined on 11/16/2014We sat upstairs & it was so dark we couldn't see the menu nor the food without using cellphone apps for light. At one point the tiny candle on the table died & it was even darker. Service was adequate - we were also given the wrong bill. Food was good, but had no idea what we were eating until we turned on the phone lights or checked the menu for descriptions. With 4 people we quickly ran out of menu choices that all would share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014Very interesting selections on the menu. Food served to other tables looked very appealing - what my friend and I shared was delicious. Seeing other patrons food made us want to come back and try many different choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014We were in the neighborhood to see a show at the Pantages, so we figured we'd see about brunch for the four of us at Wood & Vine. First timers, we were seated promptly at 11:00am when they opened, were immediately served, and the parade of dishes were fantastic. Priced fair, they were foodie worthy. The mimosas, however, at $12, really?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not open for Saturday lunch before TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014Open table confirmed a lunch reservation when Wood & Vine was not open for Saturday lunch. We had to find a last minute place to eat before the Theatre. Please fix this.
- Perfect place to eat at before or after Pantages.JambudVIPDined on 11/14/2014This is a perfect place to get some cocktails and food before or after a show at the Pantages. Food is inventive and delicious. Service is great. They also have a pretty good selection of wine with very reasonable prices. It's perfect for sharing food with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for early dinner before theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/12/2014Had a wonderful creative dinner before going to the Pantages. The Brussels sprouts were excellent as was the short ribs. Butterscotch pot de creme was tasty for dessert.Special Features:
- DinerDenise1147Dined on 11/11/2014It was opening night for "Kinky Boots"at the Pantages so the place was packed. We had a reservation for 6:15 and although checking in took 10 minutes, we were seated within 5 minutes of checking in. There is nothing pretentious about this place. We sat on the patio and it was comfortable and inviting. For 2 we ordered one each of the Shortrib, Chicken & Waffle, Brussels sprouts and Butterscotch pot de crème. More than enough food. I rated the service as moderate because I didn't really know who our server was. Someone stopped by our table and took our order and said she would pass it along to our server. Everyone just kind of pitched in and helped everyone else. We just didn't know who to ask when we needed something. Everything was delicious and the setback was minor. I will definitely come back and would not hesitate to recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!wildpuppyDined on 11/9/2014My wife found Wood and Vine while looking for a place close to the Pantages theater where we go for our season ticket showings every month or so. Wood and Vine had amazing food, very chill ambience, and really attentive service. In fact, when a couple of things happened to have run out on their menu, they offered another free dish. Their chef is a godsend...amazing tapas style dishes that are really unique and delicious!Special Features:
- Pre show lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014I took my family of 4 to this restaurant pre-show at the Pantages. We got there when it opened and were seated on the patio. We ordered every appetizer, every vegan option (5 dishes) and the polenta. The salads were flavorful, the veggies cooked perfectly. Would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- EPIC FAIL. WORST EXP EVER.YesNMDined on 11/7/2014My guest & I sat outside & when we finally had someone acknowledge us after much waiting, were informed that the heaters didn't work. They filled my guest's water glass ONLY A THIRD OF THE WAY AND NEVER RETURNED TO FILL IT. As we began to order, the waitress (blond bob) informed us that 2 dishes weren't available. So we had to rethink our entire order & without the help of the menus. She suggested the brussel sprouts. I received the brussel-sprouts w a mouth full of meat that I don't eat. We returned it & the remade portion was INEDIBLE. It was incredibly salty & VISIBLY burnt to a crisp. Our amazing waitress gave us the bill without asking if we wanted anything more after I had ONLY 2 BITES OF DESSERT. WILL INFORM RESTO COMMUNITY OF FAIL
- Theater Hot SpotBirthdayGirlDined on 11/7/2014It is a good place to get a quick bit to eat before the theater.Special Features:
- GREAT FIND IN HOLLYWOODOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/5/2014This was a surprise find... I was in the neighborhood and found a 1000-point reservation on OpenTable and tried it. The hostess and servers were all incredibly charming... the food was great... the cocktails were outstanding. The experience was an awesome surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambiance and foodyumyumpandaDined on 11/2/2014This was my second time at the restaurant. The service was good and the people were friendly. Although the food was tasty enough (we ordered four things and most things we enjoyed), the food service was a little bit slow. We worried that our food wouldn't arrive in time enough as we had an evening show at the Pantages Theatre across the street. The truffle oil chips were very good. The food was a bit on the salty side for my party's tastes, but we still enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FortuitousTouristsuzDined on 10/26/2014I was looking for a bar and grill near the Pantages, but I didn't check out the menu or anything about the restaurant. The location was perfect: across Hollywood Blvd. from the Pantages. The restaurant is unique in that it serves only snacks, shared plates, and desserts as its meal selections. It has a lovely bar and huge drinks menu. We were going to Pippin, so we didn't take advantage of any of the alcoholic beverages. We shared a snack (appetizer) of olives and almonds in olive oil. We had a full meal of three shared plates: eggplant crostini, brussels sprouts, and sliced duck breast. The food was absolutely delicious, especially the duck, which was to die for. This was indeed a truly fortuitous find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it start to finishwesthillsjgDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I sat at a small table upstairs. We ordered the olive appetizer, a salad (both without the cheese), a duck entree and a short rib entree. Every bite was absolutely delicious. I wish there was more butternut squash puree and sauce with the duck, since we were sharing. Server let us taste a wine before choosing and I'm so glad because we decided not to get our first pick, a white, and ordered a bottle of red instead. We probably could have gotten away with one less dish...no room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2014good tasting tapas. great place to go before or after pantages playSpecial Features:
- delicious and delightfulbonnoireDined on 10/25/2014The food was great. Drinks yummy. Movie showing outside. Didn't get to dine outside but want to return to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllyroseDined on 10/24/2014Great service and the food was amazing! Will for sure go back. Told them we had an event at 8 and they rushed the food and drinks! Great spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing service & foodslclaxVIPDined on 10/24/2014The people were perfectly nice and the patio is great, but the food and service were both seriously lacking. Our food came 5 minutes before our cocktails that we ordered when we sat down, and the food was luke warm as though it had been sitting under a heat lamp. I liked this place in theory, but definitely wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Service slow, food just okaykittykatDined on 10/24/2014We had an hour and a half before our curtain at the Pantages, and we barely made it. We were seated upstairs, and basically ignored. Food was just okay. We chose the restaurant because it's right across the street from the theatre, but that's about the only positive aspect to the place. Also, they have building maintenance going on currently, with scaffolding outside, which makes the place hard to find when you're driving down Hollywood Blvd. That will be fixed eventually, of course.Special Features:
- Over SeasonedmjgonzDined on 10/24/2014Food was overall tasty but over seasoned. Maybe it was just an off night but probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Wood and Vine ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/21/2014We were seated immediately and our server kept bugging us to order and then disappeared for long periods of time and she wasn't that busy. We were there early 5:30. All the plates were shared and they didn't give us extra utensils so we had to use the ones we were eating with. Two of the dishes were okay. One was really bad (the eggplant). They didn't explain the menu to us or the dishes we would be eating. They just wanted us to hurry up and finish so they could have the table.Special Features:
- EscapeVoiceOfReasonDined on 10/20/2014Trendy without feeling trendy. This is a perfect place if you just want a good meal, a drink, and great atmosphere without all the posers you normally find in Hollywood.Special Features:
- Food is good - Service is notGracieVIPDined on 10/19/2014From the hostess, to the bartender, to the servers...Special Features:
- NOT QUITE PERFECT MENU, BUT GOODValleyVillagerDined on 10/18/2014Four of us needed an interesting place to eat prior to attending a play nearby (not the Pantages, directly across the street) and someone suggested Wood & Vine. Great idea! We ate on the large patio, which is an open space surrounded by tall buildings. (I wonder what happens when it rains!) Everything is "little plates", so we ordered 6 and shared them. Service was hit-or-miss, but friendly, and so was the food (not the friendly part). Of the 6 items, one was awful (eggplant and sweet potato on a piece of soggy bread - yech!), one was blandly odd (pork ribs) and the remaining four were delicious. We ordered 3 drinks and one dessert between us. The $10 parking is almost unavoidable and that's not valet, which they don't have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deco2modDined on 10/17/2014This was a great pre-theatre restaurant. So Close! The staff is very friendly and the server and service wonderful! I would go here again before attending an event at the theatre. Lots of people, but in a good way.Special Features:
- Romantic HideawayIcesoundsDined on 10/16/2014This was my second time dining at this restaurant. The food portions are small but the choices and taste are exquisite. Our waitress (Melanie) was extremely pleasant, polite, and was knowledgeable in describing each dish. She helped us modify some of the ingredients in a few dishes. The ambience of the upstairs dining area was perfect. A great place for dining and conviently located across from the Pantages Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryDineOutOfftenDined on 10/15/2014We had excellent service; very personable, helpful and followed up on things with us. Menu a little limited if someone in group is picky, but we loved everything we chose (with a little help from the wait staff). Also had some interesting wines that were not the 'run of the mill'. Enjoyed ourselves and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorthwhilePasadenaKidDined on 10/12/2014We needed a place near the Pantages Theater; this is literally across the street. Ambiance looks deceptively rustic when you first walk in, but we were delighted with the charming outdoor seating area just behind the bar. Wood & Vine is a shared-plate play; dishes brought to your table as they are prepared, so your french fries might show up before your salad. Aside from those sides, we enjoyed Brussels Sprouts (baked with chorizo and feta), duck breast, short rib and chicken & waffle, the last mentioned a far fancier take than one finds at Roscoe's. Tried two of their three dessert, warm brownie with bourbon ice cream and butterscotch pot de creme, both yummie, and since it was my birthday, both were comped. Fun place; we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new Hollywood favoriteHameDined on 10/8/2014I've been to Wood & Vine a few times now and have consistently enjoyed it. It's ideal to be able to sit in the back courtyard. But inside isn't bad. Either way, don't let the modest storefront fool you -- inside and out back the place is spacious and lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastyfood1Dined on 10/7/2014We enjoyed the whole experience and its location - just across from the Pantages Theater. Loved the shared portion idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater Friendly...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014It was the perfect restaurant for an after matinee show at the Pantages Theater. Walked across the street for an early dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was delicious, presentation and service were excellent. Patio chairs a little uncomfortable, but otherwise I would highly recommend and would go back again.Special Features:
- DisappointingBillSVIPDined on 10/3/2014The ambiance is cool but that's about where the pluses stop. The wait staff is indifferent, the menu very limited and the food comes out, tapas style, randomly. Some of the dishes were quite good, but all were miserly in their portions and too expensive. How does $22 for 2 scallops sound? There are too many other similar restaurants offering good service and fair prices to go along with their just-as-cool ambiance. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Great for grazingGratefulTravelerDined on 9/28/2014Lots of imaginative plates to share and simple dishes are very well-prepared. Pork chop and butterscotch pot de creme are stand outs.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Creative CocktailsKel18318Dined on 9/26/2014Wood & Vine was delicious! I will definitely be going back - I loved the creative small plates, the delicious, seasonal ingredients, and the beautiful plating. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, amusing, and very helpful with selecting dishes. Everything we had was delicious: watermelon and beet salad, braised bacon (like pork belly), sea bass, albacore tartare, and the cocktails were creative twists on classics as well as some innovative, new flavor combinations. The list of bourbons, whiskeys, and scotches is impressive as well. We loved Wood & Vine and look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningfiddleaboutDined on 9/19/2014Perfect spot for drink and light eats before the curtain goes up. Small plates to share, priced well and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we lived closer!TntLAVIPDined on 9/18/2014We were looking for a place for dinner before heading over to the Pantages. This place was close and had really good reviews so we decided to give it a try - what a find! Sat in the back patio, which I have to agree is the place to sit. We had great service - no long waits for anything. For cocktails, I had to try the Magnolia (OMG) and my husband got the Black Manhattan, and we shared three plates: #1 Truffle Fries - four stars. These are not on the menu, but for an additional $2 the will make these for you. #2 Little Gem Salad - 2.5/3 stars. The blue cheese was a bit too strong (and I love blue cheese), and all the goodies were at the bottom of the bowl. #3 Chicken & Waffles - 5 stars!!! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Unique AtmosphereCCap59Dined on 9/18/2014The staff is super friendly. The food is meant to share which translates to a fun meal. I've always had a great experience here. Even fellow patrons enjoy talking during their dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningFrancisccoDined on 9/10/2014Ate outside in the patio dwarfed by the local buildings. still feels intimate yet total LA. A whisky flight then watermelon beet salad made me enjoy a veiny cheese for the first time. The fish was great with some surprises in the dish. A delight.Special Features:
- Great Hollywood location.Glenda91367VIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a delicious dinner following a matinee in Hollywood. This restaurant is across the street from the Pantages. Very convenient! All dishes are designed for sharing. We enjoyed burrata with fresh peaches, with other dishes and had a lovely butterscotch pot de crème for dessert. Very tasty meal. We will be returning and recommend this dining spot for others.Special Features: