Wood & Vine
6280 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wood & Vine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodandvine.com/
- Phone: 3233343360x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday 6pm to Midnight
Friday 6pm to 2am
Saturday 11am to 2am
Sunday 11am to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss any requests for catering.
- Special Events: We are well-suited to host parties as intimate as 10 people or as large as 250. Several areas of our spacious restaurant can easily transform into semi-private spaces for groups of various sizes. Specialized party menus are available, and our dedicated events manager will help tailor all details to meet your needs. We have hosted many large-format parties for clients including Dreamworks, Disney, CSI Las Vegas, Cirque du Soleil, Reveille Productions, Magnolia Pictures, and the Ellen DeGeneres Show. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Wood & Vine
Wood & Vine is a New American restaurant featuring a large cocktail bar and beautiful outdoor patio dining. Chef Marc Johnson curates a seasonal ingredient-driven shared plates menu in a social atmosphere, complimented by small batch beers and wines, and craft cocktails. Staple dishes include Wood & Vine's fried chicken and waffles, local sea fare, and market salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wood & Vine - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Wood & Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (78)fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (31)vibrant bar scene (31)special occasion (26)good for groups (25)hot spot (24)late-night find (22)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great for grazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Lots of imaginative plates to share and simple dishes are very well-prepared. Pork chop and butterscotch pot de creme are stand outs.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Creative CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Wood & Vine was delicious! I will definitely be going back - I loved the creative small plates, the delicious, seasonal ingredients, and the beautiful plating. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, amusing, and very helpful with selecting dishes. Everything we had was delicious: watermelon and beet salad, braised bacon (like pork belly), sea bass, albacore tartare, and the cocktails were creative twists on classics as well as some innovative, new flavor combinations. The list of bourbons, whiskeys, and scotches is impressive as well. We loved Wood & Vine and look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningfiddleaboutDined on 9/19/2014Perfect spot for drink and light eats before the curtain goes up. Small plates to share, priced well and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we lived closer!TntLAVIPDined on 9/18/2014We were looking for a place for dinner before heading over to the Pantages. This place was close and had really good reviews so we decided to give it a try - what a find! Sat in the back patio, which I have to agree is the place to sit. We had great service - no long waits for anything. For cocktails, I had to try the Magnolia (OMG) and my husband got the Black Manhattan, and we shared three plates: #1 Truffle Fries - four stars. These are not on the menu, but for an additional $2 the will make these for you. #2 Little Gem Salad - 2.5/3 stars. The blue cheese was a bit too strong (and I love blue cheese), and all the goodies were at the bottom of the bowl. #3 Chicken & Waffles - 5 stars!!! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Unique AtmosphereCCap59Dined on 9/18/2014The staff is super friendly. The food is meant to share which translates to a fun meal. I've always had a great experience here. Even fellow patrons enjoy talking during their dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningFrancisccoDined on 9/10/2014Ate outside in the patio dwarfed by the local buildings. still feels intimate yet total LA. A whisky flight then watermelon beet salad made me enjoy a veiny cheese for the first time. The fish was great with some surprises in the dish. A delight.Special Features:
- Great Hollywood location.Glenda91367VIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a delicious dinner following a matinee in Hollywood. This restaurant is across the street from the Pantages. Very convenient! All dishes are designed for sharing. We enjoyed burrata with fresh peaches, with other dishes and had a lovely butterscotch pot de crème for dessert. Very tasty meal. We will be returning and recommend this dining spot for others.Special Features:
- So glad I got to try it!PhoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014After a year of trying to make it to Wood & Vine, we finally met some friends there and really enjoyed the comfortable, cozy, intimate environment in the upstairs dining room. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The wait time for the food was quite long, but when it did arrive the wait was forgotten. Superb watermelon salad, truffle chips like I've never tasted before, melt-in-your-mouth scallops, and bacon n' grits that would make any mouth happy. Only one dish (cauliflower) didn't meet expectations being heavily over-salted, but the butterscotch dessert brought the meal to a noteworthy finish. We look forward to returning and sitting in the back courtyard area when they have the fireplace turned on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We reserved a tucked away table for dinner and drinks before a show at the Pantages. We got both a great meal and excellent drink recommendations. You can expect the two of us back very soon in the near future!Special Features:
- Average jointOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Good place to grab a bite if you're visiting the Pantages or other places in that area, but don't expect much. The food is decent. The staff seems nice. Our waiter was not very knowledgeable or tactful with our dietary issues, but he feigned interest. It was a bit loud, so probably better for a younger crowd who likes that kind of vibe. There is a nice outdoor patio in back.Special Features:
- Great food, not great serviceamyjoy2001Dined on 8/10/2014We were 10 minutes late for our reservation and it seems like our table was given away. That's on us. But the hostess said it'd be just a few minutes and we should go have a drink at the bar. 10 minutes later, we were still trying to get the one bartender's attention. All their tasty cocktails are labor intensive, so the poor guy had no way of being able to handle a full bar. Nonetheless, it was a long wait to order, then a long wait to get our drinks. After 20 minutes at the bar, we went over to remind the hostess we were waiting and she acted like we just showed up. Our waitress was good, but disappeared after our meals were delivered and never came back. We had to have someone else bring us our check. Good food, disappointing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-theatreLeeGDined on 8/8/2014Across the street from the Pantages and so a perfect place for that pre-show dinner. Interesting menu and reasonable wine list. Be sure to make a reservation and patio seating is very nice.Special Features:
- Gals night dinner and theatreLMSDesignDined on 8/8/2014Perfect setting for a beautiful al fresco California summer dining experience! Wonderful setting amazing food especially pork belly bacon. Literally left for Pantages 5 min before performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience & foodgoodfoodgoodlifeDined on 8/7/2014We've now been to the restaurant twice, prior to a show at the Pantages. They are great about getting you in and out to get to your show on time. Starting with the drinks, they have a great speciality cocktail menu. I haven't had a bad drink there yet, although I've only stuck to whiskey drinks so can't speak to others. The food is fantastic. Really enjoy the peach & burrata salad. My only complaint is that the food is a tad on the expensive side. A $14 burger (not grass fed) without a side seems a bit much. Even if they lowered the price point by $2 I would feel a bit more comfortable then spending another $6 on fries.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2014The service was not very good, the food was delicious but the scallop dish, however tasty, only had two scallops...which for $22 is inappropriate I think...Special Features:
- Great date night spot!DatenightfreakDined on 8/6/2014It's truly a well decorated gem. Food was sensational! The staff is really friendly and the drinks are unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent again!Shazzer48Dined on 8/2/2014We ate at Wood & Vine shortly after they opened and were impressed with the fantastic assortment of foods they were offering - something for all in our group. This time we brought some friends along with us and we are happy to say they were equally impressed with the restaurant - its food and service.Special Features:
- Pantages adjacentmdrivelDined on 8/1/2014This place is a small plates restaurant with a decent selection of options and right across the street from the Pantages. Quick service meant we got our food, paid the bill and were in our seats with plenty of time.
- Missing something....STONEHENDined on 7/31/2014It's a new restaurant, hopefully still getting the kinks out. The menu could be more expansive where entrees are concerned, though the offerings we tried (small plates) were quite tasty. The patio is nice but feels confining with very tall buildings an all sides....perhaps more strings of lights overhead or gauze "sails" to break the acres of vertical walls? As is usually the case, we were older than most of the other patrons, and we realize that the "kids" have different tastes these days. The location is great for shows at the Pantages and the people watching is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!downtownbehaviorDined on 7/29/2014Even though the area is super touristy, Wood + Vine delivered. Possibly the best scallops I've ever eaten and the butterscotch dessert was insane. Swing by, even if you're not in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelings on servicelunchanddinnerDined on 7/27/2014The staff is very professional, and you can see work very hard. They seem to need more waiters - service was slow. Kitchen is also small so food comes out slowly.Special Features:
- Reservation Means NothingMcgreevesDined on 7/27/2014We had a confirmed reservation and arrived right on time, but we were told our table was not available yet out on the patio. We waited 15 minutes. Still no table. We were going to the theater and didn't want to be late so we finally agreed to be seated in an upstairs room. Hotter than hell! No air conditioning!! Sucked!!! Our Waiter explained that they had overbooked the reservations -- again. I don't know why we were chosen to be screwed. Just lucky I guess. Never going back.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceFoodManDined on 7/22/2014The service at Wood & Vine was excellent, wait staff was attentive,great location,great food and great price. I plan to dine there again and will recommend this restaurant to colleagues,friends and family. The chicken and waffle had great flavor as did the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceRochelleDined on 7/15/2014Took my Dad here before seeing a show at The Pantages. The food was incredibly tasty...once we got it. We ordered the pork chop, tri tip sandwich and the burrata and peaches. The pork chop was perfect and tasty and my non-foodie father loved the burrata. The problem was the tri tip sandwich. Despite being there only 30 minutes after the opened the ran out. And to top that off the didn't tell the waitress so twenty minutes later she has to come apologize. The burger we had instead was fantastic and the waitress kept us updated and comped part of our meal while we were waiting. Looking around I'm surprised she didn't appear more stressed as the food expediters attempted to deliver food to the wrong tables at least ten times that I noticed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent varied small platesLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 7/13/2014Very handsome decor and cool vibe; nice indoor space and terrific outdoor patio dining in back. Wood & Vine offers a relatively modest selection of eclectic small plates, but all of them are wonderful, creative, sensory adventures. Friendly, prompt service makes for an overall perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experience at W & Vblueyes147Dined on 7/13/2014The location is great if you are going to the Pantages. That is about it. Some of the food was great, some was fair.Special Features:
- Great pre-Pantages dinnerJwd2Dined on 7/10/2014Midweek tickets for the Pantages Theater means that dinner can't be leisurely, can't be complicated, and the staff can't have an attitude. In the past we've tried to walk-in at Wood and Vine before a show, but never got a table in time. This time we booked on OpenTable just after boarding the light rail, and noted on the res that we had theater tickets. When we arrived our table was ready, the hostess recommended several dishes that would get us out in time, the waitstaff was attentive and gracious and timely, and the food was light and delicious. We even had time for dessert, the butterscotch pot du creme. The outdoor seating is in a skyscraper canyon, but we had no trouble talking to each other over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find for Pantages Goers2blorenaDined on 7/8/2014We really enjoyed the food, it was incredibly delicious, and "healthy". The choices were limited, but exquisite. The only downside is that it was definitely "a higher palate" cuisine. I was glad that we did not have picky eater among us, because their only choice would have been the fries. Because the selections were very limited, a no soy-vegan eater would also not have enough choices.Special Features:
- Cool venuecareyawayDined on 7/5/2014Across from the Pantages in Hollywood, this restaurant has a deck behind the bar area where they serve the tables. You look up at the sky and the various 10-ish story buildings surrounding you. Very metropolitan without car noise. The food is delicious and inventive. The service was great. Yes, we were there early after a Saturday matinee, but after reading all the poor service reviews, we were pleasantly surprised. I think they're working to change their reputation. Would definitely go again and take other foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location!!!SweeteaterDined on 6/29/2014This is a must if you are headed to theatre. Nice menu with unusual choices. I loved the shared plates that way I could try several different things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheworkgroupDined on 6/29/2014Came after a great show at Pantages. Bar not so good. Didn't make a Mai Tai correct. Did not have malibu Rum but yet open bar. Made 3 drinks and all of them too much alcohol and no flavor. On the other hand the chef was fabulous. We got many different items to share and all were wonderful. Full of flavors.. great presentation. Wanted more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No fish?GlobetrottingwebbsDined on 6/22/2014We chose the restaurant for its proximity to Pantages. I am gluten and Dairy intolerant so it's not always fun eating out, however I do check menus prior to going to restaurants and there was fish on the menu. When we arrived they said the fish was gone. I asked if I could have another meat dish with some vegetables instead of spaetzle. They said it would 'ruin the integrity of the dish' - I buy that however the one thing on the menu I could eat was sold out so can you just make an exception? It's not great going out spending almost $100 and still feeling hungry. I won't be going again or recommending.Special Features:
- Cauliflower was yummycarlalouiseDined on 6/22/2014This visit, I enjoyed the cauliflower! It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OCVisitorDined on 6/17/2014Really enjoyed our dinner and the unique new menu.Special Features:
- Wood and Vine delivers again.BMSAVIPDined on 6/15/2014The most recent visit to Wood and Vine demonstrated again their flare for combining flavors. I dined with a party of 5 and we sampled many of their plates and all were hits. Of special note were the lamb and cauliflower. Great food, nice presentation and perfect proportions. The only slight negative is that they seemed to be short on wait staff. It was the pre-theatre crowd and many patrons were antsy about receiving their checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK for pre-theaterJJayDined on 6/13/2014Although the service was very good, the menu is lacking. It's too broad so that nothing can be refined. It seems to be trying very hard to be exotic yet at the same time basic (e.g. chicken and waffles) The short ribs on coucous looked good, but were very greasy tasting. So rich that it killed my appetite. While it has a nice atmosphere, if this restaurant weren't across the street from the Pantages, I don't think it could stay in business. The inside is very different from the outdoor patio. Outside the feeling is cozy and nice; inside its dark and noisy. Definately plan to sit outside.Special Features:
- Nice ambience and hit or miss foodPigmonkeyDined on 6/11/2014The out door patio is very pretty and lends itself to a leisurely meal. The food itself was hit or miss. We started with the flatbread and pork rillette, which were both quite good. The flatbread was crisp and flavorful and the rillette was smooth and creamy. We then ordered the meatball, which seemed undercooked and bland. Next was the fried chicken and waffle, which I felt was underwhelming- bland with the maple syrup overpowering all other flavors. I had a Manhattan which was pleasant, though nothing out of the ordinary and my companion had the Penicillin which smelled as you would expect, but was actually quite tasty. Service was attentive and knowledgable, but overall, due to the hit or miss quality of the food I doubt I'd go back.Special Features:
- Decent if you're going to PantagesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/8/2014This is a great space but the food is average and the service is terrible. The hostess was very pleasant. Great patio out back. Didn't try the bar but it was slow on a Sun nightSpecial Features:
- Restaraunt for PantagesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2014This place is right across the street from Pantages, so they've got no real incentive to do great things. Food and cocktails were middling but priced accordingly. Service was great and the space they have is quite awesome. Meal pace was too fast. Perhaps if I were to be attending the Pantages I'd come back, but otherwise not.Special Features:
- Not GoodpaulDined on 6/4/2014Food was not good, service was not good, seats were very uncomfortable. Way too expensive for what we got.
- The following 625 reviews are from the Wood & Vine reviews archive.