Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
409 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangssteakhouse.net/tribeca/
- Phone: (212) 925-0350
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday starting at 12:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday ending at 10:30pm, Friday ending at 11:00pm; Dinner: Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Amiro Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for details.
A word from Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of downtown TriBeCa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (60)special occasion (55)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (10)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- davetDined on 11/10/2014Was there last a couple of years ago and the steak was fantastic (porterhouse for 2). This time the same steak (porterhouse for 2) was pretty mediocre (actually kind of tough). Was NOT a piece of prime meat :( -.Special Features:
- vincentDined on 11/8/2014Had a very good experience here. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great filetSean55Dined on 11/4/2014Went to lunch with a client - great meal, great service, great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very Good Food...NYFansfromEuropeDined on 11/2/2014... but the waiters are not realy frendly, to arrogant, but the service was good!
- Wolfgang's Steakhouseamm1VIPDined on 10/31/2014I was last friday on Wolfgang's Steakhouse, it's a beauty property, the steak is great, I asked a Filet Mignon medium rare, it was ok but the outside was excesively black, even it changed the flavor to the rest of the steak, I had to remove it but the experience was not to good as I've planned, the meat came with a peppercorn sauce but I was not asked if want this or not, and when I asked the server said me they also have a béarnaise sauce, why they didn't asked me ? ThanksSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014On this occasion the restaurant was extremely noisy and we felt rushed through! This is not usually the case!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatAlanDined on 10/25/2014Wolfgang's has a fantastic porterhouse. Always. And the bacon appetizer is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong with this placeAndreyDined on 10/12/2014Fresh oysters, crisp Caesar salad, medium-rare Porterhouse with mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus on the side. All outstanding. Attentive and prompt service.Special Features:
- Best Steak in ManhattanFoodSnobVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been to most every steak restaurant in Manhattan If you like Porterhouse This is the one It's the best of all the Wolfgangs as well! Is it better than Lugars? The jury is still out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uwsdaveVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were not impressed by Wolfgang's in Tribeca. We were looking for a great steakhouse experience and the menu presented itself as such. We ordered all the typical items and the food was very good but the service was subpar. The waiter barely engaged us and was disinterested. At the end of the main meal, he dropped the dessert menus on the table and walked away. I typically only write positive reviews, I don't think I've ever given a restaurant below 3 stars but it was an uninspiring experience.Special Features:
- very good meatEllaDined on 10/9/2014The meat was soft like butter!! loved it very much! loved the "no-decorating" of the table.Special Features:
- Delicious, as alwaysZachDined on 10/6/2014Fantastic service, amazing food, generous portions --- worth the expense for any special occasion. Expect large groups of wealthy and boisterous businessman at center tables, surrounded by quieter couples and double dates on the perimeter. Steakhouse-y, memorable, a reliable delight.Special Features:
- Meat freaks get great experiencesluv2dinentravelDined on 10/4/2014you get: dry aged steaks puristic perfect grilled and served. Great wine list. you pay: steak for two, 2 sidedishes, 1 bottle of wine from the lower end of the list but absolutely top taste: 200 $ + tip in sum: great meat experience, noise level for European ears: unbelievable loud like on a airport made by groups from 4 up to 12 personsSpecial Features:
- BiffDined on 10/4/2014always a great spot. Wolfgang's never dissapoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New lunch findHaydenVIPDined on 10/4/2014Love Wolfgangs, and lunch offers some values. Veal chop is devine !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectRichDined on 9/24/2014Went for lunch with a friend and we shared a steak and chilean sea bass and it was just the most perfect steak and freshestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excessive expensive and noisySteveDined on 9/20/2014Likeable but very rowdy atmosphere, the also very professional waiter has been somewhat surly. Optimal list of wines, discreet kitchen but exaggerated pricesSpecial Features:
- Great food, but..GRUBBDined on 9/20/2014Food was great, at least the steaks - actually among the top ten porterhouse steaks ever. However, the restaurant interior is dull, boring and a bit dated, and the waiter seemed equally bored and totally uninterested in answering any of our queries. They say you'll get insulted at Peter Luger's, but that's at least better than getting no service at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/17/2014Very accommodating to our large group. Steak was delicious and perfectly cooked. The wait staff was on point. Lively atmosphere, favorite wolfgang location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TipShm000Dined on 9/16/2014So I went here with my mother for lunch. Very few customers and we did not even order drink, just steak for 2 people and 2 side menu. The waitress might just come 2 times and it was $137 and the waitress included the 20% tip. I went to the one on Lexington and they did not included tip and I guess because there are so many tourists, mostly Asians and we were Asians too so he might thought we won't tip him good but we did not feel like the service was worth it 20%. The food was already expensive and did not have a great great great service so it made me unhappy.Special Features:
- Elite steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014We decided on Wolfgang's for our monthly guys night out. We've been to dozens of steak houses in the city and this is easily in the top three. Perfectly cooked steak and far and away the best sides of any we've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Outstanding Steak, I had a T-bone steak well done, creamed spinach and baked potato and I had enough to take home, service was greatr! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great food - end was disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014The dinner was superb and service started out excellent - until time to pay. The internet was down and it took an hour to pay the bill. The staff apologized but should have out of courtesy sent drinks to the table.Special Features:
- Happy anniversaryKoichiDined on 8/24/2014A Christmas gift from my son turned into an anniversary dinner. I liked the location. The steak was great and sides were simple and very good. It was a quiet enjoyable Sunday evening meal. Our dog is enjoying the leftovers right now : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & ambiance, poor serviceReagbot3kDined on 8/23/2014Food was on par with any other steakhouse for this price, but the service was disappointing. The waiter was generally rude and condescending and did not take any time to walk through the menu or any options. Overall good, not great.Special Features:
- Great HappeningPeterEbnatDined on 8/22/2014We as a German family of 5 people enjoyed our diner so much - it was breathtaking. The steak: winner of world championship :-), wonderful wine, even the taste of Wolfgang´s own edition was excellent. And the service was so nice and awesome that we for sure will come back if we´re going to visit New York again. Try to go there an celebrate your birthday...!Special Features:
- A great steakhouseNYCsteakempire1Dined on 8/7/2014Wolfgang is a restaurant I visit every time I am in NYC. We love the wonderful meat (steak for 2 is our favorite) and we never skip the fresh tomatoes with mozzarella cheese, German potato, and Onion rings. This is our favorite in NYC.Special Features:
- All about steaksMaserottiDined on 8/5/2014If you go to Wolfgangs than you go there for the meat. The porterhouse for 2, 3 or 4 is just wonderful. The service is always professional and if you happen to come from Europe you will most likely have a waiter from the same continent. It's hard to say, if Wolfgang's as good as the original in Brookline, but at least it comes pretty close to Peter Luger. The TriBeCa branch is very nice and a little bit more spacious than the Mid-Town venue at 33rd Street.Special Features:
- Great steakTomSITFDined on 8/2/2014If your in the mood for a great steak and not be disappointed then Wolfgang is the place. Never had a bad piece, sides are delish and staff very friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in ManhattanjonweiswVIPDined on 8/2/2014As a connoisseur of steak, and always trying to find the absolute best in Manhattan, Wolfgang's has consistently proven itself to me as the absolute best steakhouse on the island. With a nod to Peter Luger's, the gold standard by which all high-quality steakhouses are (rightfully) judges, Wolfgang's is on par. The steak is the best Ive had - ever. My wife (oddly, a vegetarian) loves Wolfgang's equally for their accommodating her dietary needs. The service is impeccable. The ambiance energetic at times, but never obnoxiously loud. Out of the three locations in the city, we prefer the TriBeCa one; the Time Square one, while not as hip, is a good spot near the theater district.Special Features:
- Excellent steakhouseSluggoDined on 7/30/2014As most already know, this Peter Luger's progeny was the first in a long list of steakhouses that were started by former Luger's staffers. Wolfgang's is still the best of the bunch/ The legend is that Wolfgang was the former head waiter at Peter Luger. I don't know if that's true or not. And really, who cares, it make for a nice story. Steaks, onion rolls, bacon and shrimp as close to the original as you're going to find. Attentive service without the annoying schtick you get from the staff at Lugers. And they take credit cards. What more can you ask for. If you can't get to Williamsburg, Wolfgang's holds its own quite nicely thank you.Special Features:
- The following 910 reviews are from the Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca reviews archive.
- The best.Lpv5660Dined on 7/19/2014Every time I have been here the service and food have been outstanding! The best steak my wife and I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Superb!THESTEAKCLUBMEETINGPLACEDined on 7/18/2014I've been to Wolfgang's about a half dozen times. Four of us who love fine steak and the ambience of a TRUE NYC STEAKHOUSE get together for a steak dinner each year. We have eaten at most all of the famous steakhouses in NYC, which I will not name, over the years, but 4 years ago we tried Wolfgang's. It has now become our "GO TO" place for our "Steak Club" dinners. The quality of the meat is second to none, anywhere; the sides are prepared with a meticulous hand and experienced seasoning, and the bacon appetizer is done precisely the way that it should be! Whenever you visit Wolfgang's in Tribeca, it is ALWAYS SUPERB!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST STEAK IN YEARStomemDined on 7/16/2014RIB-EYE COOKED PERFECTLY; OYSTERS FRESH AND DELICIOUS. GERMAN POTATOES (HASH BROWNS) REALLY GOOD. HOUSE CABERNET BIG SURPRISE: WONDERFULSpecial Features:
- Best Steak in Town!rockysan7Dined on 7/16/2014I think their Steak is N01 in NYC. Price is high but always enjoy so much for their food! You do not need side dish too much, just enjoy their beautiful steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse for twooatmealcookieDined on 7/12/2014The porterhouse for two was a perfect medium rare and that's what I was looking for! I will go again just for that.Special Features:
- Excellent meatmgarcia2Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent steakhouse, one of the best in NY because of the meat quality. However, even if the inside is tender, the appearance of the meat is not appealing as too dark! No good for kids neither.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers dreamFeeFeeDined on 7/9/2014The service and ambience are excellent. The food is top-notch. I really can't think of one disappointing aspect of our dinner. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak for twoMNunezDined on 7/8/2014Went to Wolfgang's to celebrate a new job. Brought the person who took over my old job. We had a perfect night. Highly recommend. My favorite steakhouse in NY.Special Features:
- Screaming babiesThetruthDined on 7/5/2014Terrific restaurant - wonderful food, good service - A few small things to improve : we were kept waiting at the door for 5 minutes as we needed to be shown to our table apparently by the captain - who was not around - surely the hostess should have been allowd to take us to our table. A screaming baby at 9pm at night was quite annoying - I guess nothing can be done about this