Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
409 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangssteakhouse.net/tribeca/
- Phone: 2129250350
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday starting at 12:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday ending at 10:30pm, Friday ending at 11:00pm; Dinner: Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Amiro Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for details.
A word from Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of downtown TriBeCa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)good for groups (44)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (22)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- TipOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014So I went here with my mother for lunch. Very few customers and we did not even order drink, just steak for 2 people and 2 side menu. The waitress might just come 2 times and it was $137 and the waitress included the 20% tip. I went to the one on Lexington and they did not included tip and I guess because there are so many tourists, mostly Asians and we were Asians too so he might thought we won't tip him good but we did not feel like the service was worth it 20%. The food was already expensive and did not have a great great great service so it made me unhappy.Special Features:
- Elite steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014We decided on Wolfgang's for our monthly guys night out. We've been to dozens of steak houses in the city and this is easily in the top three. Perfectly cooked steak and far and away the best sides of any we've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Outstanding Steak, I had a T-bone steak well done, creamed spinach and baked potato and I had enough to take home, service was greatr! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great food - end was disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014The dinner was superb and service started out excellent - until time to pay. The internet was down and it took an hour to pay the bill. The staff apologized but should have out of courtesy sent drinks to the table.Special Features:
- Happy anniversaryKoichiDined on 8/24/2014A Christmas gift from my son turned into an anniversary dinner. I liked the location. The steak was great and sides were simple and very good. It was a quiet enjoyable Sunday evening meal. Our dog is enjoying the leftovers right now : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & ambiance, poor serviceReagbot3kDined on 8/23/2014Food was on par with any other steakhouse for this price, but the service was disappointing. The waiter was generally rude and condescending and did not take any time to walk through the menu or any options. Overall good, not great.Special Features:
- Great HappeningPeterEbnatDined on 8/22/2014We as a German family of 5 people enjoyed our diner so much - it was breathtaking. The steak: winner of world championship :-), wonderful wine, even the taste of Wolfgang´s own edition was excellent. And the service was so nice and awesome that we for sure will come back if we´re going to visit New York again. Try to go there an celebrate your birthday...!Special Features:
- A great steakhouseNYCsteakempire1Dined on 8/7/2014Wolfgang is a restaurant I visit every time I am in NYC. We love the wonderful meat (steak for 2 is our favorite) and we never skip the fresh tomatoes with mozzarella cheese, German potato, and Onion rings. This is our favorite in NYC.Special Features:
- All about steaksMaserottiDined on 8/5/2014If you go to Wolfgangs than you go there for the meat. The porterhouse for 2, 3 or 4 is just wonderful. The service is always professional and if you happen to come from Europe you will most likely have a waiter from the same continent. It's hard to say, if Wolfgang's as good as the original in Brookline, but at least it comes pretty close to Peter Luger. The TriBeCa branch is very nice and a little bit more spacious than the Mid-Town venue at 33rd Street.Special Features:
- Great steakTomSITFDined on 8/2/2014If your in the mood for a great steak and not be disappointed then Wolfgang is the place. Never had a bad piece, sides are delish and staff very friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in ManhattanjonweiswVIPDined on 8/2/2014As a connoisseur of steak, and always trying to find the absolute best in Manhattan, Wolfgang's has consistently proven itself to me as the absolute best steakhouse on the island. With a nod to Peter Luger's, the gold standard by which all high-quality steakhouses are (rightfully) judges, Wolfgang's is on par. The steak is the best Ive had - ever. My wife (oddly, a vegetarian) loves Wolfgang's equally for their accommodating her dietary needs. The service is impeccable. The ambiance energetic at times, but never obnoxiously loud. Out of the three locations in the city, we prefer the TriBeCa one; the Time Square one, while not as hip, is a good spot near the theater district.Special Features:
- Excellent steakhouseSluggoDined on 7/30/2014As most already know, this Peter Luger's progeny was the first in a long list of steakhouses that were started by former Luger's staffers. Wolfgang's is still the best of the bunch/ The legend is that Wolfgang was the former head waiter at Peter Luger. I don't know if that's true or not. And really, who cares, it make for a nice story. Steaks, onion rolls, bacon and shrimp as close to the original as you're going to find. Attentive service without the annoying schtick you get from the staff at Lugers. And they take credit cards. What more can you ask for. If you can't get to Williamsburg, Wolfgang's holds its own quite nicely thank you.Special Features:
- The best.Lpv5660Dined on 7/19/2014Every time I have been here the service and food have been outstanding! The best steak my wife and I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Superb!THESTEAKCLUBMEETINGPLACEDined on 7/18/2014I've been to Wolfgang's about a half dozen times. Four of us who love fine steak and the ambience of a TRUE NYC STEAKHOUSE get together for a steak dinner each year. We have eaten at most all of the famous steakhouses in NYC, which I will not name, over the years, but 4 years ago we tried Wolfgang's. It has now become our "GO TO" place for our "Steak Club" dinners. The quality of the meat is second to none, anywhere; the sides are prepared with a meticulous hand and experienced seasoning, and the bacon appetizer is done precisely the way that it should be! Whenever you visit Wolfgang's in Tribeca, it is ALWAYS SUPERB!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST STEAK IN YEARStomemDined on 7/16/2014RIB-EYE COOKED PERFECTLY; OYSTERS FRESH AND DELICIOUS. GERMAN POTATOES (HASH BROWNS) REALLY GOOD. HOUSE CABERNET BIG SURPRISE: WONDERFULSpecial Features:
- Best Steak in Town!rockysan7Dined on 7/16/2014I think their Steak is N01 in NYC. Price is high but always enjoy so much for their food! You do not need side dish too much, just enjoy their beautiful steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse for twooatmealcookieDined on 7/12/2014The porterhouse for two was a perfect medium rare and that's what I was looking for! I will go again just for that.Special Features:
- Excellent meatmgarcia2Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent steakhouse, one of the best in NY because of the meat quality. However, even if the inside is tender, the appearance of the meat is not appealing as too dark! No good for kids neither.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers dreamFeeFeeDined on 7/9/2014The service and ambience are excellent. The food is top-notch. I really can't think of one disappointing aspect of our dinner. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak for twoMNunezDined on 7/8/2014Went to Wolfgang's to celebrate a new job. Brought the person who took over my old job. We had a perfect night. Highly recommend. My favorite steakhouse in NY.Special Features:
- Screaming babiesThetruthDined on 7/5/2014Terrific restaurant - wonderful food, good service - A few small things to improve : we were kept waiting at the door for 5 minutes as we needed to be shown to our table apparently by the captain - who was not around - surely the hostess should have been allowd to take us to our table. A screaming baby at 9pm at night was quite annoying - I guess nothing can be done about this
- Just outstandingswissfoodieDined on 6/25/2014My friends told me to go there because the meat was good. They were wrong. Itz was so much better than just good. I am still looking for the right words to describe how the filet mignon was, because "awesome" is just not enough! I would suggest the "Wolfgangs Salad" as a starter. But be warned: the portions are huge, so better go there really hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many mistakes...DuckDinerstyVIPDined on 6/24/2014There were five of us for dinner on a Tuesday evening - two Rib Eye steaks arrived not cooked as ordered and the Sauteed Spinach came with pieces of cellophane/tape cooked in! Two Filets and a Sea Bass didn't fare much better review from their respective diners. Service was inattentive, with significant lapses -- which I would attribute somewhat as well to a lack of our waiter's communication skills. Overall, with the exception of the slab of Canadian bacon that I requested on my Caesar Salad, and the Onion Rings, this meal proved to be a unanimous disappointment all around the table. Wolfgang's Steak House is no longer on our recommended list of restaurants. Don't make the same mistake - we suggest you go elsewhere.
- They know their meatsharnharrisonVIPDined on 6/20/2014my boyfriend loves steak so suggest we go here. we were very impressed with their menu selection and wine menu. The steak was cooked superbly with 2 different cuts (we got the steak for 2). we also tried the thick cut bacon. oh my god. literal food coma. i had no room for dessert. the table were all very full and it was very loud in the restaurant but overall very energetic. great service.Special Features:
- Place to eat & drink & socializedondon59Dined on 6/15/2014We ordered the steak for four. It was well cooked to our liking. There was plenty to around. The broccoli and the asparagus were wonderful. Very tasty. The sauteed onions were great. It was plenty of that to go around. The baked potato was huge. A salmon dish was ordered, which I was told was excellent - very tasty. It was a lot of food that we took home a doggie bag and dessert. I also enjoyed the wine very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big EaterPizzaPete3Dined on 6/14/2014Complete satisfaction on every level - the only thing missing is free valet parking (half kidding)
- quality of foodtheminderDined on 6/12/2014I have eaten here on a number of occasions, on my own and in groups of 4. The waiters make you feel so welcome and the steaks .... wow. Don't eat all day before arriving!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerIleneDined on 6/9/2014Always happy going to Wolfgang's and Tribeca is the favorite one out of the others. I was happy that the Open Table reservation was read and that they knew to make my guest's dessert a Birthday surprise. Especially since it was a 90th celebration.Special Features:
- Good ,but not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014When I spend $200.00 plus per couple I expect to have steak served the way it was ordered and without grizzle which was unchewable All in all the meal was good but I expected better --The potatoes and creamed spinach were very goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/29/2014Yum! Ate everything on the menu. Friend from India was amazed.Special Features:
- great steaks, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2014The steaks are great, but the place if overpriced. Service wasn't as friendly as we were hoping and we felt a bit rushed. Had to ask for water several times too.Special Features:
- The BESTMEK5VIPDined on 5/24/2014Wolfgang's Tribeca is consistently the best steakhouse I've been to. I go there about one a month and it's always an outstanding experience. I haven't had the same experience at other Wolfgangs in the city, but the Tribeca location ALWAYS delivers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2014Remains consistently the best Steakhouse in Tribecca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 889 reviews are from the Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca reviews archive.
- It's all about the steaksOMalleyDined on 5/22/2014I still think about that ribeye! I've been to a lot of steakhouses, it was something about the way they do it there that makes it just a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!!!MeatloverDined on 5/22/2014I love this place. I've read a lot of reviews about this place about it's noise level--but I think it's part to it's charm! You can't have big slabs of meat and not talk like MEN! Lol I the Canadian bacon is a must try! They serve it freshly cooked from the grill straight to your plates. Yum! My boyfriend and I ordered steak for 2 cooked medium ---and it was perfect! Not to mention their creamed spinach and key line pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This used to be my go to spotDecim8rDined on 5/17/2014I totally understand that a restaurant can get busy at times, but this has to have been the fifth time where I had a reservation and the restaurant was not even close to having available seats even after an hour of waiting. The frustrating part was that the hostess was seating walk ins before us and never bothered to give us an update on how long the wait would be. I'm switching my new go to steak house to Benjamin's where they actually honor reservations, do not overbook and seat you promptly. I doubt a restaurant would honor your reservation if you show up an hour late, why is it acceptable for them to seat you over an hour after your reservation time?Special Features:
- WORST SERVICE EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014Me and my husband frequent steak houses. I ordered the filet mignon medium well for $49.99. When the steak came it arrived butterflied ( I did not order it butterflied nor was I told it would be cooked this way). The steak was dry and tasteless. When I called over the waiter and told him that the steak didn't taste like anything, he rudely said thats bc its butterflied and it dries out the steak. I replied I didnt order it butterflied...he said, well in order to get it to cook that temperature in under an hour it has to be butterflied which dries it out and continued to give me a steak cooking lesson...that is good, being if I had asked it to be butterflied, or he informed me that it would be cooked that way previously. VERY RUDE!
- STEAK!!BosmomDined on 5/17/2014Capital letters are all I can use to describe the tastiness, tenderness, juciness, luciousness of the Porterhouse steak for 2 that 3 of us devoured (with a little trouble, I might add - it was so large!). Waitstaff was wonderful - informative, not at all pretentious as some reviews had noted. Creamed spinach was a little sweet; should have ordered the potatoes! Caesar salad was yummy - crisp and fresh! Pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion. You get what you pay for!!Special Features:
- Excellent SteakhouseZIODINOVIPDined on 5/16/2014Perfectly cooked steak done just as we wished. Attentive but not hovering service. Great for a business dinner or for a group. I go to steakhouses for business at least 8 times a year. This is my faveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch with one sour noteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Food was great. Sour note: we wanted to try the bacon appetizer and ordered one. Waiter said that's three slices, we said o.k since we were not familiar with the restaurant, thought it was a generous serving, weren't that wild about it and didn't finish. Turns out it was not generous, when we got the bill, we were charged for three orders, not one as we wanted, so we paid $12+ bucks extra! Lesson learned: ask questions to avoid unpleasant surprises!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.