Wolfgang's Steak House - Waikiki Beach
2301 Kalakaua Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steak House - Waikiki Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangssteakhouse.net/waikiki/
- Phone: (808) 922-3600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Amiro Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two beautifully designed private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Amir Ibrahim 808 922 3600
A word from Wolfgang's Steak House - Waikiki Beach
Wolfgang steakhouse by Wolfgang Zwiener Waikiki is truly an experience serving delicious dry-aged USDA prime steak and a wide variety of fresh seafood, genuine excellent service and two beautifully designed private dining rooms. If you are planning a celebration or special event, Wolfgang’s Steakhouse is the perfect destination. We can assist you in making any special arrangements you desire to make your gathering memorable. Go where dining is a luxurious and indulgent treat. The New York Times boasts "the meat created was many wonderful things at once... Or in rapid succession... Crunchy, tender, smoky earthy... It inducted a kind of euphoria - and a stab of guilt." for great food, service and an elegant setting come to Wolfgang's Steakhouse”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wolfgang's Steak House - Waikiki Beach - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Wolfgang's Steak House - Waikiki Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)good for groups (51)special occasion (48)great for lunch (43)kid-friendly (22)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (15)scenic view (12)great for brunch (12)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (8)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpunuiDined on 11/22/2014Food was wonderful, service was even better. From viewing the pictures online, I came in worried we wouldn't have enough food for the price. I was very surprised and excited for our awesome meal. Lots of tourists, so make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Great quality food and service. International clientele. Very busy restaurant, make reservations. Extensive wine list. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly delicious Steak!kpribbDined on 11/19/2014Overall, the service and food were excellent. Couldn't be more pleased with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allyVIPDined on 11/19/2014Wolfgang's is consistently good. Always a treat to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- おいしくいただきましたOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014家族で、お得なハッピーアワーの時間帯に予約をいたしました。 入店しましたら、先に4組ほどおまちでしたが、予約であると伝えると、バーカウンターではなく、バーカウンターの背面にある4人かけのテーブルでお食事をいただくことが出来ました。 お店の型の計らいに感謝です 2×2じゃ寂しいものねとウインク 本来ならば、バーカウンターだと思っていただけに、子どもがいたので配慮がありがたかったです。 お料理も、ランチのコースのお肉赤みでもおいしく、そして量も多く、最後のデザートを残してしまいそうだったので、持ち帰りにしました→こちらも小さい2ピースを大きな1ピースにしたよ！と かえって見てみると、帰り道に寄ったチーズケーキファクトリーのケーキと並べても、こっちのが大きい？ってくらいでした。 全体的に、日本人型が多いなと言う印象を受けます 子どもを連れていてもランチならばOK?じゃないでしょうか？ 夜は、バーカウンターで相談しながらお酒のオーダーもいいかもですSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 受付が最悪でしたramoDined on 11/9/2014OpenTableからの予約でしたが、予約が届いていないと対応がとても悪く大変失望しました。 さっさと席に座れば、というような応対とその後受付スタッフは携帯をずっといじっているという始末。 せっかくの料理と楽しみにしていた期待にとても残念でした。Special Features:
- Great porterhouse!ChuckVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had an amazing porterhouse steak and great cheesecake.will definitely return.
- A little disappointed!AlohaspiritsDined on 11/7/2014It wasn't my first time eating here. Their service was always good until last week. The person at the front desk was extremely rude!!! I figured she was new because she didn't know what to do. We asked a few questions about their happy-hour. We wanted to know if person in a wheel chair could use the table by the bar with happy-hour menu. We fully understand if they could accommodate a wheel chair, BUT she did not have to have that attitude!! "Can you tell me how the wheel chair person can sit at the bar?? Our happy-hour menu is just for the bar counter table." I really hope she gets the right training for better service. I feel bad for giving a bad review, but she really ruined our lunch. Everyone else was nice- our waiters.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationHNLDINERDined on 11/6/2014We had a 5:00pm reservation. The place was jammed packed. Waiting was a chaotic mess. Hostesses were overwhelmed and not very friendly. Was seated 15 minutes after our reservation time. Wasn't a great start. Thankfully, things improved dramatically. The wait staff were excellent, very friendly and accommodating. We ordered our appetizers and upon completing them ordered our entrees. As crowded as it was outside, we were not rushed and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We enjoyed the crab cake and bacon slab appetizers and then shared the steak for two and our two sides. They knew it was my friend's birthday and the waitstaff came out with a piece of cheesecake and sang happy birthday. Extremely popular with Japanese tourists.Special Features:
- thank you sooooo much!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I wanted to celebrate for my friend's birthday. Then I asked if you can prepare surprised birthday, They were prepared birthday plate, and they sang a song of birthday. I presented the best surprise birthday for friend. It became an awesome birthday. Also, I want to use there. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was wonderful dinner!KorboyDined on 10/27/2014It was good restaurant for the first time in my life... thax for delicious steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spacemarshmalDined on 10/25/2014Thank you to use large private room. It was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion sizesMimi35Dined on 10/24/2014Service was great! However, the portions were huge and meant to share. Wish our server would have informed us of that! It was also way too loud in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BocchiDined on 10/24/2014Food and service are always good. However sitting in the back side is not as pleasant. Feels much better having a table in the main area.Special Features:
- Ambiance????tom1001Dined on 10/22/2014We visited the restaurant for dinner with expectation for enjoying good food and good ambiance because of Wolfgang. Service and food were good enough. However, it was so noisy and attire of many customers were not suitable for such level of restaurant for dinner. It was similar to sport bar. I do not recommend the people who expect ambiance of restaurant for good steak and wine by paying such price.
- Worst restaurantTetStaRDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant is the worst environment. Went to the resort you will cooks the worst memories. Taste is about the masses hamburger shop.
- Wolfgang Steak House LunchWolfgangLunchDined on 10/19/2014Enjoyed a really nice lunch for my Birthday. Staff wa nice and friendly. The food was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't my idea to come back hereragtopzDined on 10/17/2014I have had average experiences here before. I wouldn't have come again, but out-of-town guests wanted to come here. Our waiter gave terrible service. He seemed irritated when we asked him for things. The waiter assisting him was better, but couldn't make up for the main waiter's attitude. I will not come again even if guests request here. I should have known better.Special Features:
- Good Food, Long WaitHydroHKDined on 10/14/2014The food in this restaurant in overall are very good. We had crab cakes, onion and tomato salad, cream spinach, German potato, and Steak. All of the them were excellent. They have extensive wine list, some affordable ones and premium ones. Waiters are friendly and we enjoyed the meal very much. One concern about this restaurant is the waiting time to be seated. We had reservation on 16:45, but we had to wait about 20 min before being seated.Special Features:
- Reservaion system is not goodlat2goDined on 10/12/2014I went to Wolfgang's steak house in Honolulu in Oct 2014 togather with my parents. Although I reserved our seat at 7:15 pm from website, we could take a seat after 20 min. What I felt complained is that there was no waiting seat and we had to stand in front of restaurant. I saw many people were waiting near here. To confirm my check-in, I also did on the same line as people making reservation in this time. The location and quality of food are good, but compared to other similar steak house averaged price is expensive. Total quality including service is not reasonable for my payment. Table service is average, but after appetizer, the main dish was so much delayed. I will not recommend this restarant to other people.Special Features:
- SteakluvsteakDined on 10/7/2014We ordered a steak for two. It was the best steak I have ever eaten. The service was great. The food is pricey, however it is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ポーターステーキ最高！tamakiDined on 10/2/2014The behavior of the staff and the atmosphere of the store was the best. Thank you and have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regrettablerio46Dined on 10/1/2014It is kept waiting in spite of having reserved. Offer time is late.Special Features:
- Good serviceTETSUDined on 9/30/2014Very good food & Servece.There're many staffs to serve ,well trained.Special Features:
- Ooh la lunch!PinkPowerDined on 9/30/2014Who knew lunch could be more spectacular than dinner! Food quality, service, the skylight, a chilled dining room on a humid afternoon, surprised with delectable desserts...what more could we be blown away by and all by 2pm!Special Features:
- 美味しいが、量が多いjumatsumDined on 9/28/2014噂通りの美味しさで満足しましたが、二人で食べるのには量が多すぎました。Tボーンステーキとサラダで充分です。大変混んでいるので、１週間前には予約しないと希望の時間に予約できないので注意が必要です。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh..3rdTIMEnotAcharmDined on 9/27/2014This is my third time here at Wolfgang and the more I go, the less impressed I am with it. Considering the steak for two may be impressive the first time but has lost my interest since then. We chose not to use the steak sauce to enjoy the natural flavors but seemed as though it did needed some seasoning. Caesar salad dressing tasted as it was from a bottle (not freshly made there), bread was cold(unless it was supposed to be). The only good thing I have to say about this trip is that our food came out in a timely manner though the restaurant was packed! Perhaps I was so blown away with my first experience at Peter Leuger in New York that I was hoping Wolfgang would be comparable. I need to go back to Peter Leuger just to make sure.Special Features:
- The offer of the drink was slowhafuDined on 9/26/2014We ordered Beer for start. We waited more than 15 minutes till the beer was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very delicious!!yukiDined on 9/21/2014If there is an opportunity to go to Hawaii next, I want to go again.Special Features:
- 熟成肉が最高！pururunnDined on 9/19/2014お肉がとても美味しかったです。噂には聞いていましたが、これほど美味しいとは思いませんでした。とても柔らかったですし、サイドオーダーしたマッシュポテトとほうれん草のクリームも美味しかったです。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MASAHIRODined on 9/18/2014家族４人で、早めの夕食に、出かけました。 男性３人いたので、３人分をシェアしました。 お肉は、柔らかく、とてもおいしく頂きました。 ウルフギャングサラダもgood! ロブスターは大きいし、見栄えは豪華ですが、味はなんとも、次回はパスかも・・・ 行列ができていて、満席でしたが、サービス、雰囲気は良く楽しく食事できました。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal in Oahu!LoveOahuDined on 9/16/2014We had their famous beef steaks for the two people and their signature salad. The taste of steaks were more than I expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wolfgangsstickmanDined on 9/13/2014excellent service and very knowledgeable staff great scenic view. Very good prices and excellent quality of the food.Darren was a knowledgeable and helpful waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic. I stronglySophiaDined on 9/10/2014recommend to go this restate ant. However in terms of service, I don't evaluate, for example, menu wasn't provided for a long time after seating, one of staffs wasn't very nice etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!Love2DineVIPDined on 9/10/2014Try the 16oz Filet Mignon as it is huge yet cooked to perfection. The hostess station seems quite confused and we had to wait after our reservation time but once seated, we enjoyed great steaks and service. We wish they would use more a/c, but all in all was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but busy during lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The lunch specials are great. Friend had Loco Moco which she enjoyed. Very busy and crowded during lunch. Expect to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Darn Steak Period!dyuen34VIPDined on 9/6/2014This is the best steak Oahu has to offer. First of all they dry age their beef in the back. The beef is tender and has a nice dry age flavor that enhance the normal flavor of steak. The service is outstanding. We go the lump crab cocktail. I was expecting a small portion of crab. Boy was I wrong. They gave us so much crab that I thought we were not going to be able to eat dinner. The sizzling Canadian Bacon was outstanding as always. The steak for 2 had a nice char on the outside, and was delicate and moist on the inside. The manager there Bill really knows how to take care of his guests and makes them feel more than just a customer. I hope to go back there soon!Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014I've been wanting to try this restaurant for some time and was glad I got to visit. Food was superb, prices were fabulous only caveot would be the wait service just wasn't what I was expecting. Our waiter was good but needed just a little more finesse and then another waiter came over and was extremely helpful. Overall I did enjoy my experience at this restaurant and will be back again and again.Special Features:
- sucks....gemmaDined on 9/4/2014Wolfgang is sucks. Service manner was expecially terrible, Because there are many people who wanting to have dinner in wolfgang. Wolfgang shall be humble. You are not the only nice restaurant in the world. You are the top because of your customer.Special Features:
- the famous restaurant of aged beefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014The steak was the best. The wine was reasonable and good. Whenever come to WAIKIKI, I will come back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.