Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square
250 W 41st Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wolfgangssteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 2129213720
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of Midtown East.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (37)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (20)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great lunch spotWeaveVTDined on 8/26/2014Due to the restaurants design, high ceilings, the noise levels can be very high. Makes for difficult conversation.Special Features:
- Good midtown option for steakloversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We visited for dinner while staying in NY this August. A family of 6 including children as young as 7. Great for the older guests, but a little more tricky to find options for the younger diners, although I must say what they eventually ordered they loved and all the food was cooked to perfection. Good, attentive service as well, and we really did feel looked after. Overall somewhere I'd recommend.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Not impressed with the steaks. Did not measure up to the hype. Service staff was not friendly and took forever to get service. Will not return.Special Features:
- DisappointingAroundtheWorldDiningDined on 8/16/2014I made a reservation for My Daughter's 24th Bday..her first time in New York and we were staying at the Hilton Time Square,so convenient for us. We get there,no one is there to attend to us.A waiter comes by and tells us we have to wait for manager.Manager comes by and takes us to a middle of the room table...Reservation said.."Celebrating B-day and please no middle of the room table,maybe side /private"...clearly NO ONE saw the reservation. I tell him that I want to sit down near the windows where I saw empty spaces...he did not like that and put us on a table that did not have "service" and told us plainly..."sit here" never saw him again..I told him, the original waiter and the current open about the birthday request.Waiter was the worst
- Great Steaks in nice environmentJakeReynolds1Dined on 8/16/2014Fantastic Filet Mignon and excellent sides. Atmosphere was fine, nothing that special but the food was outstanding. Best seating seems to be near the windows with trees.Special Features:
- Waiter ruined the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Waiter inattrntive and bordering on rude. Distracted from food which I suppose was fine but experience with waiter soured entire experience.
- johnJDined on 8/12/2014good were really unreallize but service is not goodSpecial Features:
- Top Dinner - best Steak everMartinDined on 8/11/2014The Restaurant at Timesquare is not romantic - it´s modern and a cold Design but who cares when you get the best Steak ever? Service is excellent and friendly. Apple Strudel taste 100% like in Austria... if not better so a must do when you are there! I like it a lot and will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Perfect for touristJamesDined on 8/9/2014Perfect for tourist, must complete your first night in NYC's experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencelovegoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014After reading several "mixed" reviews, we decided to try Wolfgang's for ourselves. We visited the Times Square location. We were pleased with our choice. While some reviewers had minor complaints, the wait staff was the wild card as they had been described as curt, rude and non-existent, among other things. Thankfully, we had none of those issues. Our waiter (Lenny) was excellent! While the portions were huge (don't fill up on the great breads!), the food (we both had the filet) was fantastic! We never felt rushed or neglected. Several of the wait staff were standing in opportune locations to be able to serve their guests and most were at their tables before being summoned. It was a great dining experience and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/8/2014Wolfgang's Times Square -- and Wolfgang's Tribeca -- are my two favorite steakhouses in the world (including Peter Luger's). Food is excellent, service is friendly and indulgent, martinis are perfection. In decades of theatergoing, Wolfgang's is the best pre-theater option I've found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and Wine in Times SquareTriciaVIPDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner here - lovely restaurant and decor - service was wonderful! We have dined at a Wolfgang's in Miami and really enjoyed it. My steak was delicious and perfectly cooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeHaluDined on 8/6/2014That's so really amazing. i had a great time in Wolfgangs.Special Features:
- Pre-Theater DinnerDowningtownDinerDined on 8/6/2014We had a party of 6 for our reservation. We were seated promptly. We had several appetizers, Shrimp cocktail, Caesar Salad and mixed green salad. There were raves about the Caesar Salad. The Shrimp were big and cooked very well. For the entree's we ordered the "Steak for 4" option along with a New York Strip and a Rib Eye. We also ordered just about all of the side dishes. The food came out quickly, which was nice since we were going to the theater. The 2 porterhouses were excellent. Cooked perfectly. The New York Strip was also very well cooked and seasoned. We also had the Chocolate Mousse Cake for dessert and it was fantastic. The fresh whipped cream was a nice touch as well. We enjoyed Wolfgang's very much and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usualDaveDined on 8/5/2014We normally eat at the location on Park Ave. and tried this location because of the access through Open Table. We were all in agreement that the atmosphere was much more open and lively. We didn't feel like we were eating dinner with the table next to us. The steak, as usual, was top notch! Best steak in NYC!Special Features:
- paymentbadmintonDined on 8/3/2014Your bill required me cappuccino and some icecream which I didn't have.So I just recognized the icecream, however I couldn't find the cappuccino. Therefore, my receipt here shows $17.85 as cappuccino fee . I want you to make sure it is going be happened again for all of customers.Special Features:
- Does not live up to its reputation.MarkGwithHoustonFirstVIPDined on 7/27/2014If you have read my reviews, you know I'm tough, but fair. This was my 1st visit to Wolfgang’s. They have a great reputation, but it just didn’t make it for me. The steaks were cooked to the right temperature, but the huge amount of gristle was disturbing. We had their famous “German potatoes”. I can’t believe this is the same dish everyone else gets; incredibly salty, as if the salt shaker had accidently opened when they were seasoning them. On the plus side, the sautéed spinach was very good and the portion of Chilean Sea Bass that my guest had, (although poorly seasoned), was the biggest I’ve seen served in a restaurant. Our waiter, Artie, obviously had some place to go because he pressured us to settle up before we even had dessert.Special Features:
- Very good serviceGasa64Dined on 7/25/2014Good food, good wine and people so polite. Reservation was very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...one hint thoughYedagirlDined on 7/25/2014The steak, lamb, and mushrooms were amazing. Great service. When going, if you don't want to pay a fortune for water, be sure to specify "tap" water in a pitcher. If they bring a bottle, you will pay dearly for it. We got a shocker on our bill...for water. No other options given but sparkling or still. Other than that, it was a very pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatrical diningdougDined on 7/24/2014Vibrant dining nestled in the theater district and adjacent to The Times, so you may see a celebrity or two sneak by as we did. Food was very good but the service was superb - the staff present without hovering and able to navigate the noisy crowds. If you're looking for a quiet, traditional steakhouse, this isn't it. But if you desire an energetic vibe and plan to catch a show, this place is hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakSteakloverDined on 7/23/2014The strip was melt in your mouth delicious. The German potato were spot on Absolute wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Not RecommendAnonymousVIPDined on 7/19/2014For the price that you pay, there are much better places in NYC. I was truly disappointed with the service. I don't know what happened before we arrived but the waiter did not smile once. He didn't even introduce himself when we sat down. Another waiter brought out the food and he was better but it seemed that all the waiters weren't friendly. No one came to check on us or see how we were doing after the food was served. I would definitely not come back nor would I recommend this to any of my friends. It's definitely a shame that a place like this has such terrible service.
- Solid as usual.CR4BamaDined on 7/15/2014Took 4 clients to dinner. Canadian Bacon awesome. Steak good but wish the would add a little salt. Was disappointed they added tip for a party of 5. I was never told.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best saladbestsaladDined on 7/15/2014The food was terrific but the highlight was the Wolfgang's salad!Special Features:
- Learn how to treat patrons.......PhilVIPDined on 7/14/2014While the food and ambiance are as good as always, this branch continues to suffer from mismanagement. The hostess is fine as are the wait staff but the bartenders are ineffective and unfriendly and the manager is condescending. I will travel to the Park Ave branch in the future.Special Features:
- This in not which I expected...YUKIDined on 7/12/2014I hard Wolfgang's steak house are nice restaurant in NYC, but it was not I expected...YES, Steak was good, I enjoed,but service was worst. I didn't recommend this restarrant.Special Features:
- The best steaks in the world!OlgaDined on 7/12/2014The only thing that make me sad - now I know the taste of ideal steaks. And after that I can't imagine if it's possible to eat other ones. My dream now is to see Wolfgang's Steak House in St. Petersburg, Russia.Special Features:
- Careless Waiterw10btshDined on 7/11/2014I've been this place many times (almost 30 times) and this time, I went there with 8 of my friends. We ordered shrimp and spinach for appetizer and steak for 6 for main entree. The taste of steak was awesome as usual but the service was the fly in the ointment. Good food was spoiled by sloppy and careless waiter. It seems to me that waiters know that tips are going to be included in the receipt regardless of the service they provide to customers. Also, one of my friends found that Wolfgang charged his credit card twice, so he called them to cancel it.Special Features:
- PackerfanDined on 7/11/2014Found on the web, great find, steak was very good, large portions and good service. Pricy but the food and service along with the setting were worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JerseyBklynGirlDined on 7/10/2014Food was outstanding! Restaurant has a nice open feel and is great looking. As most steakhouses on the very expensive side; perfect for a special occasion or if you want to impress someone at a business lunch or dinner (also nice bar for just drinks). I am accustomed to the superior service at 'will remain nameless' and there was no comparison. Again, food is fantastic and service is just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneymissionmomVIPDined on 7/10/2014The food is good but overpriced. The wait staff needs training. Our entire meal the waiters were standing by a table close to wear we were eating. It was very uncomfortable. Thought the waiters were smug and not friendly. Maybe it was an off night but I won't go back, which is too bad because the food was good.
- Good Not GreatedjoDined on 7/9/2014We were a party of six with very mixed comments after dinner... Drinks: well made cocktails Bread Basket: Very ordinary Waiter: Did his job Serving: Had no ides who ordered what...sloppy! Salads: Caesar= VG House=VG Main Course: Steak for two: Ok, but lacked sufficient flavor (not at Peteer Lugar's level of excellence) Filet: Good/Average Veggies/Sides: Spinach had the texture of glue German Pot: very good Broc: non-descript We passesd on dessert & coffee. Overall, on a 1-10 scale...Dinner was a "7". Did not offer value for the money!!Special Features:
- good restaurant without servicesusuDined on 7/8/2014food n interior are good. however service of waitress was not good. they rushes customer to choose menu while they are still looking at menu. despite asking for drink menu, they just verbally say the most expensive one and not giving us options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible qualityHexpegDined on 7/7/2014Kellner sind schnippisch und dem Preisniveau nicht annähernd auftretend Das Steak war ok, der Spargel minderer, fasriger Qualität und mehr als roh. Die Champignons kamen aus der Dose. Ein absolutes no go!Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We visited this restaurant for a special occasion, and were really disappointed with the service. The waiter seemed mildly annoyed that he had to wait on us, and brought us our bill without us asking, and without offering us dessert, coffee, or another drink even. Tip was included in the bill, so I guess he knew he didn't have to bother to earn it. The steak was delicious, though overpriced. We would not go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicejerseycanadiansDined on 7/5/2014Ordered steak for three + seafood platter for 4 people. Very much enjoyed every piece of the food. The only recommendation would be that the receptionists will probably have to learn to smile a bit more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED ITOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014All I can say is "OMG"!!!!! We went for our Anniversary and were quite impressed with the food, wine, just everything. The wait staff was exceptional. They took their time and did not rush us at all. They were also very knowledgeable with recommending selections that just melted in your mouth. I can also say WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent staff who knew their menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Extremely helpful friendly staff. Excellent food. I Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Steak is very good. Service is perfect. This night was great. I will recommend my friends. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerfoodzgoodDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I visited NY for the first time 7/14. Our anniv fell on our last night in NY and we wanted to find a nice restaurant near our hotel the theater we would be visiting to see Newsies. What a fantastically lucky find! My husband researched a few restaurants in the area and decided on Wolfgang's. He had filet mignon-I had salmon. Both were fantastic! Not only were they prepared PERFECTLY, but the portions were extremely generous! We were both very surprised. We both left food on our plates which was disappointing because we had to leave it behind. Had we not been heading to the theater, and then leaving NY the next day, they definitely would have come home with us.Special Features: