Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square
250 W 41st Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wolfgangssteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 2129213720
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of Midtown East.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (28)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Highly RecommendedCatwithaCDined on 9/21/2014This was my first time at Wolfgang's, a friend of mine has eaten there and he highly recommended it; he wasn't wrong. The food was exceptional, the service was wonderful and the restaurant itself is lovely. Everyone in my party enjoyed their meals and a wonderful evening was had by all. We were celebrating my birthday and the wait staff even sang to me when they brought out my dessert, that was an extra treat!!Special Features:
- Worst Steak House I've ever visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014After we sit on the table just on our reserved time, a group of about one hundred people visited the steak house. They started buffet, walking around the house just they like and our table was surrounded by a long buffet waitingline. This put us off from eating lunch, so decided to make payment but we are waited for half an hour. I never recommend this steak house to anyone but recommend Wolfgang to be closed for the private party in this kind of situation.
- Reservation in restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We had a reservation, came in time, and had to wait, although there were idle tables. Others (without a reservation) came in and got a table before us.Special Features:
- Too much portion as a japanese!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent, but the portions were very big. We couldn't eat everything.Special Features:
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Food was much good . Unfortunatly very noisy to listen to my wife's voice. I could not enjoy conversation with my wife.Special Features:
- das beste steak ever !benberlinDined on 9/16/2014Bis auf die kellner, die im Hintergrund rumgealbert haben sehr empfehlenswert ! Super steak !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Competitively PricedDrummerLovesSteakDined on 9/13/2014Ordered Dinner for Two. Perfect, great presentation by our server too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was fullNicoDined on 9/12/2014I went out lunch with my husband after 2 pm. Quality and quantity are good.Special Features:
- overall under our expectationsNeupointnerDined on 9/10/2014The meat was good, but partly burnt. The restaurant was too loud. We reserved a table for 8 pm - neverlessthen we had to wait 45 minutes for it.Special Features:
- It was goodhappynowDined on 9/10/2014It was my first time to visit Wolfgang's and it was good. Food was great, the ambience was good. I made a reservation but I had to wait about 30 minutes. It's not that common in my country but what should I do, just wait. I would like to recommend this restaurant to my freinds because of food. It was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JEFFDined on 9/10/2014Excellent steaks and fine service. Great place for special occassions and business meetingsSpecial Features:
- Times Square Treatoperafan141Dined on 9/10/2014This is a perfect place to have a quiet lunch (and a private conversation). The food is excellent - grilled shrimp salad, perfectly prepared and very tasty, served with fabulous breads. The tables are spaced so that, despite the fact that it was nearly full, we were able to have a quiet, private discussion. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- CookieDined on 9/9/2014Service was not attentive at all - aloof at best. My friend's steak was not cooked properly - had to be sent back - took extraordinarily long time for it to be returned, only when we asked where it was...then it arrive cold. We've been to other Wolfgang's - perhaps this location is more of a tourist trap?Special Features:
- Service was a bit lacking.Joe1958Dined on 9/7/2014We have dined at this location numerous times......but the service was definitely off. Our group of four sat at the bar, we had a 4:30 pm reservation. My wife had had her tooth extracted and she desired some soft food. We had asked to see the bar menu since we were sitting at the bar. She had wanted to order the lobster salad, but the server at the bar had to check with the roaming manager who was on duty that evening. The bizarre answer that we told, was beyond our comprehension. We were told that the ingredients for the salad were kept in the level below in the building and that it was not possible to make the salad. It sounded like the kitchen & manager just could not be bothered with our request. It was lame at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLunchfanVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food was great. The service was a little slow, especially since the restaurant was not very crowded. But everyone was very friendly and it might have been that they did not want to rush us. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The meat was outstanding! Unfortunately the service wasn't as good as the food. The waiters did their best, but we simply had the impression that the didn't correspond to the high level of the food. It was all about details, but if you pay 50 dollars for a steak, you also look after details....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive too little serviceEatnrunDined on 9/5/2014Great steaks but the service was having a great time monkeying around with each other vs waiting on our table. We were a party of 7 and did not get asked for any refills in drinks the entire meal. We paid a lot of money and our expectation was a quieter place so one is able to converse at the table without the aide of a hearing aide for under 40s group and excellent service. I had to pay a 20% tip for poor service performance.
- Please wait2npsdineDined on 9/4/2014Wait staff abrupt / stiff -- hurried us through meal. Food was good. Bar got so loud it was difficult to hear table conversationSpecial Features:
- Unbelievebable stakemrkuenDined on 9/3/2014Though steaks are so thick, they are not hard at all. They have enough quantity. So after dining, I felt a feeling of satisfaction deeply.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boyfriends birthdayJerseygirl973Dined on 9/1/2014The dry aged steak was absolutely phenomenal as we're the mashed potatoes.. They were so creamy. I would definitely go back to Wolfgang's but maybe the park ave or TriBeCa venue, Times Square was pretty busy after 6pm for a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service poorMKIRDined on 8/28/2014The waiters are not the kindest persons. Then they want you to tip them on a good way. In my opinion Tip must be according to the service. I left less that 15%. Also a smoke smelling in the restaurant, also our clothes were smelling with BBQ smoke smelling.
- Great lunch spotWeaveVTDined on 8/26/2014Due to the restaurants design, high ceilings, the noise levels can be very high. Makes for difficult conversation.Special Features:
- Good midtown option for steakloversGlobetrotterDined on 8/23/2014We visited for dinner while staying in NY this August. A family of 6 including children as young as 7. Great for the older guests, but a little more tricky to find options for the younger diners, although I must say what they eventually ordered they loved and all the food was cooked to perfection. Good, attentive service as well, and we really did feel looked after. Overall somewhere I'd recommend.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Not impressed with the steaks. Did not measure up to the hype. Service staff was not friendly and took forever to get service. Will not return.Special Features:
- DisappointingAroundtheWorldDiningDined on 8/16/2014I made a reservation for My Daughter's 24th Bday..her first time in New York and we were staying at the Hilton Time Square,so convenient for us. We get there,no one is there to attend to us.A waiter comes by and tells us we have to wait for manager.Manager comes by and takes us to a middle of the room table...Reservation said.."Celebrating B-day and please no middle of the room table,maybe side /private"...clearly NO ONE saw the reservation. I tell him that I want to sit down near the windows where I saw empty spaces...he did not like that and put us on a table that did not have "service" and told us plainly..."sit here" never saw him again..I told him, the original waiter and the current open about the birthday request.Waiter was the worst
- Great Steaks in nice environmentJakeReynolds1Dined on 8/16/2014Fantastic Filet Mignon and excellent sides. Atmosphere was fine, nothing that special but the food was outstanding. Best seating seems to be near the windows with trees.Special Features:
- Waiter ruined the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Waiter inattrntive and bordering on rude. Distracted from food which I suppose was fine but experience with waiter soured entire experience.
- johnJDined on 8/12/2014good were really unreallize but service is not goodSpecial Features:
- Top Dinner - best Steak everMartinDined on 8/11/2014The Restaurant at Timesquare is not romantic - it´s modern and a cold Design but who cares when you get the best Steak ever? Service is excellent and friendly. Apple Strudel taste 100% like in Austria... if not better so a must do when you are there! I like it a lot and will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Perfect for touristJamesDined on 8/9/2014Perfect for tourist, must complete your first night in NYC's experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencelovegoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014After reading several "mixed" reviews, we decided to try Wolfgang's for ourselves. We visited the Times Square location. We were pleased with our choice. While some reviewers had minor complaints, the wait staff was the wild card as they had been described as curt, rude and non-existent, among other things. Thankfully, we had none of those issues. Our waiter (Lenny) was excellent! While the portions were huge (don't fill up on the great breads!), the food (we both had the filet) was fantastic! We never felt rushed or neglected. Several of the wait staff were standing in opportune locations to be able to serve their guests and most were at their tables before being summoned. It was a great dining experience and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/8/2014Wolfgang's Times Square -- and Wolfgang's Tribeca -- are my two favorite steakhouses in the world (including Peter Luger's). Food is excellent, service is friendly and indulgent, martinis are perfection. In decades of theatergoing, Wolfgang's is the best pre-theater option I've found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and Wine in Times SquareTriciaVIPDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner here - lovely restaurant and decor - service was wonderful! We have dined at a Wolfgang's in Miami and really enjoyed it. My steak was delicious and perfectly cooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeHaluDined on 8/6/2014That's so really amazing. i had a great time in Wolfgangs.Special Features:
- Pre-Theater DinnerDowningtownDinerDined on 8/6/2014We had a party of 6 for our reservation. We were seated promptly. We had several appetizers, Shrimp cocktail, Caesar Salad and mixed green salad. There were raves about the Caesar Salad. The Shrimp were big and cooked very well. For the entree's we ordered the "Steak for 4" option along with a New York Strip and a Rib Eye. We also ordered just about all of the side dishes. The food came out quickly, which was nice since we were going to the theater. The 2 porterhouses were excellent. Cooked perfectly. The New York Strip was also very well cooked and seasoned. We also had the Chocolate Mousse Cake for dessert and it was fantastic. The fresh whipped cream was a nice touch as well. We enjoyed Wolfgang's very much and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usualDaveDined on 8/5/2014We normally eat at the location on Park Ave. and tried this location because of the access through Open Table. We were all in agreement that the atmosphere was much more open and lively. We didn't feel like we were eating dinner with the table next to us. The steak, as usual, was top notch! Best steak in NYC!Special Features:
- paymentbadmintonDined on 8/3/2014Your bill required me cappuccino and some icecream which I didn't have.So I just recognized the icecream, however I couldn't find the cappuccino. Therefore, my receipt here shows $17.85 as cappuccino fee . I want you to make sure it is going be happened again for all of customers.Special Features:
- Does not live up to its reputation.MarkGwithHoustonFirstVIPDined on 7/27/2014If you have read my reviews, you know I'm tough, but fair. This was my 1st visit to Wolfgang’s. They have a great reputation, but it just didn’t make it for me. The steaks were cooked to the right temperature, but the huge amount of gristle was disturbing. We had their famous “German potatoes”. I can’t believe this is the same dish everyone else gets; incredibly salty, as if the salt shaker had accidently opened when they were seasoning them. On the plus side, the sautéed spinach was very good and the portion of Chilean Sea Bass that my guest had, (although poorly seasoned), was the biggest I’ve seen served in a restaurant. Our waiter, Artie, obviously had some place to go because he pressured us to settle up before we even had dessert.Special Features:
- Very good serviceGasa64Dined on 7/25/2014Good food, good wine and people so polite. Reservation was very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...one hint thoughYedagirlDined on 7/25/2014The steak, lamb, and mushrooms were amazing. Great service. When going, if you don't want to pay a fortune for water, be sure to specify "tap" water in a pitcher. If they bring a bottle, you will pay dearly for it. We got a shocker on our bill...for water. No other options given but sparkling or still. Other than that, it was a very pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.