Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square
250 W 41st Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wolfgangssteakhouse.net/
- Phone: (212) 921-3720
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of Midtown East.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wolfgang's Steak House - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (70)special occasion (65)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (44)hot spot (30)great for lunch (28)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- great food; service toughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014I have dined at multiple Wolfgangs throughout Manhattan. Always enjoyed great service and food. My experience at the Times Square location was tough. We had reservations for 3 people at 6pm. We arrrived on time and were not seated until after 7pm and no one seemed to care. When I asked the greeter several times, response was "yeah - wer'e double booked". There is a fine line between "busy" and simply chaos. I understand 20ish minutes delay, but not over 60 mins when you have reservations. The attitudes from the greeters were pleasant, but not helpful. Food and service at the tables was great as always, but I will never pick that location again.
- WolfgangsBloomierVIPDined on 11/18/2014Went to Times Sqaure location for business lunch. Food was good but awful service. The waiter was dry and disappeared. Took awhile for the food and they forgot side ord of fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location, surly serviceBriansocalVIPDined on 11/18/2014I have eaten here many times and have previously had good experiences. This time, the service staff were all very grumpy and inattentive. It seemed like the place doesn't care anymore. Food was ok, but my guest had to ask for water refills constantly, and the only attention paid to the table was to take our order, bring the food, clear the plates and bring the check. They do only these things at diners, but don't charge $80 for lunch.
- Wolfgang's Steakhouse is also great for seafood!GaryCoVIPDined on 11/15/2014The sea bass and salmon entrees were perfectly flavored and grilled and the creamed spinach was terrific. The Caesar salad was also very good. The service was good except for the first waiter who seemed very duisinterested in his work. However, his co-waiters were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were to slow to order.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We were not fast enough to order our food, so we were asked by the waiter if we wanted to buy the house. Funny thing is, the place was half empty on this Friday night anyway. We left straight away, not even finished our drinks.
- mediocre food expensive pricedissatisfiedtimesquareDined on 11/13/2014I've been to many steak houses. This wasn't good at all. The food was bland. No seasoning. Poor quality vegetables. Really over all a poor experience that I paid a lot for. I didn't even east more than couple of bites for my fillet. My waiter felt stressed about the questions I had on the menu. Menu was not descriptive. Just not good at all.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014Wolfgang's house wine is almost as outstanding as their filet mignon. And the bacon appetizer was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2014Food was delicious, but we the like uptown location better as staff was much friendlier and not pushy. Felt they were pushing us to order only selected items and when we choose not to they were abrupt.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/8/2014The portions are huge -- should have shared -- but a great time in any event!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for the theater districtdc4916Dined on 11/8/2014For a theater-district steak choice, I do like Wolfgang's. We ordered the steak medium-rare, which came out medium with parts well-done. That dropped my food rating. Our lead waiter was good, but his backups were bad (gruff and not on top of things, not gruff and on top of things like at Peter Luger), and it was a little annoying that there was an 18% gratuity automatically added in on a table of 4, especially when one of the people in our party ordered sea bass and the order wasn't put in until after our steak arrived.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang's Times SquareRichDined on 11/7/2014Dependable for a nice lunch and time to talk. Good food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Best in the WorldhkandkdwDined on 11/6/2014Best steaks but also best steak fries. Good wine list. Visitors had to be patient that night, even with a reservation, tables were not yet available (15-20 min). But what wouldn't we do for these steaks...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Long WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/6/2014Great Food. Expect 30 minute delay on your reservation, Rude HostessSpecial Features:
- Delicious FoodBertlikesgoodfoodDined on 11/4/2014The food was outstanding, tastefull but the portions are way to big, sometimes less is more. We had the filet mignon, the quality was really good. The Cesars Salad excellent, Wolfgangs Salad excellent and the German Potaoes, Mashed Potatoes excellent. The waiter was friendly, but not very caring, he didn't even recognize that I sat there most of the time with an empty beerglas. When the bill came I was disapointet, because the tip was already on the bill, 51 $, the only choice of giving more tip. For that kind of Service I never would have tipped that much! At the reservation, I wrote that one of the guest has his 50th birthday. You would think they would response somehow to this, but no, very sad. The noise level is not accaptabele at allSpecial Features:
- Shocking service and average steakMikelondonDined on 10/30/2014Had a booking for 8pm and it was only 8:30pm before we got a table - the front of house staff were not bothered in the slightest and kept saying 5 minutes which was irritating. Steak was not cooked to specification and had to be sent back. I always frequent top end steak houses in London (my home) and was bitterly disappointed with my Wolfgang experience. If a tourist - try somewhere else.
- Great bar, food and stafftableforoneDined on 10/29/2014I often dine alone when I travel to New York and it's always nice to go somewhere where you feel comfortable as a solo diner. The staff at Wolfgang's were the perfect combination of friendly and engaging without being overwhelming. The bar area is large enough to wait in but still intimate with a friendly bar staff. The food was excellent. The steak was perfectly prepared and the sauteed spinach was seasoned well but not overly so so that the fresh taste of the spinach still came through. I definitely intend to visit Wolfgang's on my next trip to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LDefDined on 10/28/2014Had a reservation for a group of 6 and was seated promptly upon arrival. As others have stated, large portions, great steaks. We were not rushed through dinner, despite the restaurant being packed. Service did slow down a bit, but the waitstaff was pleasent enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter forgot to put in order.LovegoodfoodDined on 10/28/20145pm very noisy with waiters setting up tables. Waiter forgot to put my husband's appetizer order in. My Steak was bloody and went back to the kitchen and came back well done instead of rare. Onion rings were soggy. Table water poured into my sparkling water. Not a good experience. Would not return.
- A mixed eveningTrufflleloverVIPDined on 10/26/2014Steak was very good, perfectly cooked, medium rare as requested. Waiter was indifferent, slow, made little effort to please. Made for a rather gloomy atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Wrong location - ate in Murray HillsimontnycVIPDined on 10/25/2014I ate at the Murray Hill location but the food was amazing. Three people, two had the porterhouse for 2, one had the Chilean Sea Bass. Side of mash potatoes, spinach and mozzarella & tomatoes. All was outstanding. Picked an inexpensive Malbec ($50) from the comprehensive wine list and was quite happy. The waiters are true pros.
- Excellent Porterhause SteakMeister2024Dined on 10/23/2014The best Steaks we ever had. If you want to eat great Steaks you have to go to Wolfgang's. Do not look to the prices because you get excellent beef.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingBonoboDined on 10/21/2014The meat was great, no question about it. But side dish for a restaurant at this price i was expecting much better. We booked a table, nevertheless we had to wait more than 30 minutes before to be seated. The waiter we had was professional and sympathic.
- Poor servicePDRGDined on 10/21/2014Service was very poor - didnt talk about specials, were not patient, food service was sloppy. Coffee was all over the saucer. Staff not polite.Special Features:
- LuvFoodluvfoodDined on 10/20/2014Had the rib-eye steak---not as well done as Fig & Ivy Meatpacking District. Steak lacked seasoning. It was just BIG. As were all the sides. Felt like I was in giant land. The servers were terrific.
- Best Steaks! But bad Service!Georg55Dined on 10/18/2014It was my second time at one of the Wolfgang´s. Great Steaks and Food! But the waiters are very arrogant and serve the steak´s and the sides like in a canteen! Pity!
- Nice night outcookeatinoutDined on 10/18/2014Food excellent, portions large and prices to match. Found service to be warm and attentive despite several recent reviews to the contrary. For us location was extremely convenient. Would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexandSebastianDined on 10/14/2014One of view real NY steak house experiences which are a must in the city.Special Features:
- discriminatory servicesamuraimanDined on 10/14/2014I know a service depends on individual not on restaurant, but I have to say the waiter who served us was really rude. My family visited to me from Japan and it was the final day we could stay in U.S. together, but we were really disappointed the discriminatory service by the waiter. We will never visit there again, the food was great though.Special Features:
- Birthday treatSteakUKDined on 10/11/2014We had crab cake and crab cocktail starters.... So much flavor! Had porterhouse steak for 2 which cooked to perfection.. One half medium and other medium to well done....mashed potato and portion of asparagus was plenty with it as large portions. Steak was best ever tasted....so much flavor and ticked the box for my pattner's birthday treat! Could not eat a dessert as too full!! Mr Wolfgang was in that night going round each table asking if you enjoyed the meal and was happy to stop for a photo with us as a souvenir! Great service... Friendly waiter who was helpful and did not badger you...we arrived 40mins before booking and was seated in 15 mins on a Saturday evening at 7pm.... Very busy all night....bit noisy but part of the character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nugammaDined on 10/11/2014Service was excellent. Sirloin strip and filet were too charred; otherwise steaks were ok. Steaks from other steak houses such as Morton's, Capital Grill, Del Frisco's, and Palm II are better.
- Good food; poor serviceJoadieDined on 10/11/2014We ate here last Saturday. Our food was delicious. My husband and I had the filet mignon and it was cooked exactly how we asked. The restaurant decor was beautiful. We were disappointed with our service. The waiter spoke very fast, was rude and made us feel incredibly rushed through our entire meal. Our food came out too fast; only five minutes after we ordered it. We ordered dessert just to make our experience a little longer than 35 minutes since we were paying $250. We were sat at a table next to the server station so my husband had a waiter standing next to his head the entire meal and was bumped on occasion. Our dinner was good but there are too many other choices in Times Square for us to return anytime soon.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 10/10/2014Wolfgang's in my opinion stands head and shoulders above all other steakhouse chains in the world and rivals any independent steakhouse that I've experienced. As Wolfgang's chain has expanded worldwide, its demand for meat appears to have diminished slightly the quality of the steaks it serves. They're not as buttery as they used to be. But their flavor remains unsurpassed, and Wolfgang's side dishes are impeccable. If I'm going to eat steak, I'd rather do so at a Wolfgang's steakhouse than anywhere else in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Although the kitchen forgot to make us mashed potatoes we ordered, the food was fabulous. A bit noisy because everyone was a bit too close together. I practically thought I was eating with the table next to me. The waiters(?) cooks(?) were so very kind and funny. Amazing dinner for my last night in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just alrightGD0627Dined on 10/2/2014You name the steak house, I've been there. Having that said, this was my 1st time dining here and I found it to be just 'okay'. The restaurant doesn't have a cocktail menu, which seemed odd, and no wine menu was ever offered. I have to admit, the steak was DELICIOUS and cooked perfectly. The sides were okay but nothing special for the price. The service was HORRENDOUS! Our waiter was rude, not helpful and pretty much non-existent. We were getting frustrated with him so we actually timed him and it took us 17 minutes to find him to order a drink. The restaurant is very pretty but nothing to die for. For the price and considering all of the other top-notch steak houses in NYC, I would not recommend Wolfgangs.Special Features:
- Top Grade for Steak1111VIPDined on 10/1/2014We stopped in for a quick pre theater meal, and I was surprised how premium the food and service was. Great value in a category that is difficult to find any value in. A heavy business clientele really keeps the staff on point; really outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jayveeDined on 9/30/2014Great food; Very good steak; Very expensive; Great serviceSpecial Features:
- really good meatrapace65Dined on 9/27/2014Good ambiance. Good reception. Service very good. Good wine. Good meat. A little expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in NYCDonPDined on 9/26/2014We enjoy going to Wolfgangs locations in NYC when in town. the food is wonderful, the service awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient locationKosukeDined on 9/25/2014My second time dinner at Wolfgang's Steak House. My first time is at Honolulu's one. I think Times Square's was noisy than Honolulu's, but casual restaurant. And it's at convenient location for tourist. The one's steaks medium was partly burnt, so I prefer medium rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least the food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014The steaks in here are excellent, but the service really brought the event down. The service was slow, inattentive, and unimpressive.Special Features: