Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street
200 East 54th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wolfgangssteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 2125889653
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of Midtown East.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (11)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Good place for a special occasion meal. Proper NYC steakhouse with a great wine menu. Get the porterhouse wont be dissapointed.Special Features:
- delicious steak, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/14/2014came here with a friend, based on a "best steakhouse" google search. we both got the filet and it was perfect. inside was perfectly cooked, but the best was the outside which had the crunchy charred bits. awesome. would definitely come backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodJacobDined on 10/9/2014The steaks certainly lived up to Wolfgang's reputation but what impressed me most was my green salad. It was simply perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestfoodienycVIPDined on 10/2/2014Had a business lunch here out of my colleagues love of steak and convenient location. Food was mediocre. Service was inattentive. Inability to sub creamed spinach for steamed is ridiculous in this health conscious age. Creamed spinach was over salted and inedible anyway so no calorie temptation there. Lamb chops arrived sizzling in a bath of oil, despite asking if they were simply grilled with no butter or oil.
- Best steak! Yum!KarryVIPDined on 9/29/2014I went to Wolfgang with my fiance and his relatives. I heard great reviews about Wolfgang and am glad I dined here. The noise level was energetic. We ordered the Canadian bacon, tuna tartare tartare and steak for three. Everything was delicious!! I would definitely go back again. =)Special Features:
- EeeeDined on 9/29/2014La carne excelente, aunque el precio es excesivo para un local un tanto desangeladoSpecial Features:
- A Fine NYC SteakhouseFrenchfriesDined on 9/25/2014I was hoping for something special from this celebrated steakhouse, but it ended up being more of the usual. Except there are better choices for ambiance (e.g. Del Frisco's, Bobby Van's). If you are choosing a place based on location (midtown East) this is as good as any.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GreatDanielDined on 9/25/2014Was disappointed! Had ordered a birthday cake which was mentioned initially in front of intended recipient when it was supposed to be a surprise and then completely forgotten about by wait staff. Wolfgang himself came over to table as was very nice but the place is dated and average at best!!!give it a miss and go to MortonsSpecial Features:
- Tasty steak and baconJayDVIPDined on 9/24/2014Classic melt in your mouth t-bone. Huge portions. Steak for two enough for three. Bacon started extraordinarily yummy. The largest baked potato was enough for three to share and still have left overs. A bit loud but we went on a busy night.
- Greaty Dry Aged Porterhouse!FirstTimeInNYDined on 9/21/2014My son recommended to us to have the Steak for Two at Wolfgang in NY. I don't really care for beef steaks too much, but I love it! It was tender and tasty. The sides we ordered sauteed spinach and mashed potatos were also very good. We enjoyed the dinner very much. The service was also great. We had only one hour to eat and go to the Lantern Floarting Ceremony starting at 7 pm at the Lincoln Center, and we told our server we did not have much time, who accommodated our request and the food came our right away after we odered our choices. We made to the Lincoln Center in time. It was a perfect night in NY.Special Features:
- hermannthegermanDined on 9/19/2014Excellent restaurant and great dining experience if you love meat / big steaks.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBeauty17Dined on 9/16/2014Went to dinner with my wife for my birthday & the food was great; nice vibes;music was relaxing ! Overall great experience & yes I will go back for that 50$ steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakDiscipulusDined on 9/16/2014Wolfgang's is my favorite steakhouse in Manhattan! My recommended meal: Bacon appetizer, Mozzarella & Tomato salad, Steak for 2 (or whatever the size of your party) with cream spinach and german potatoes. Delicious!Special Features:
- Best Steak in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Outstanding good steak that is totally worth the price..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delicious Wonderful TimeCarrobDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I were recommended to the restaurant. We went for dinner with good friends and had a delicious, wonderful time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Overpriced. Steak was not cooked to desired level. Room lacks character.
- Peter Luger Clonedca1125VIPDined on 9/7/2014It's one large, cavernous room with hard surfaces that make sounds resonate. Waiters are knowledgeable in a “rough & ready” way and slam dishes every chance they get so there's more the feel of an old fashioned deli than a high end steakhouse. Large tables add to the noise with the demographics tilted to 35 year old guys and large young families. This is no Peter Luger’s……………….but the food is……………..and if you can overlook (ok, tolerate) the rest of the experience, it has the makings of a good steak dinner. We are, however, still of the mind that if you want to go to Peter Luger’s go to Peter Luger’s. If you want a steak in Manhattan, think about Smith & Wollensky’s, Pietro’s, the Palm……….each of which is an original.Special Features:
- One of the best Steakhouse in NYCIvanaxDined on 8/30/2014All the food is delicious - except the bread (cold). Be careful not to order to much as the portion is big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ｎｉｃｅ Ｓｔｅａｋ，ｓａｔｉｓｆｉｅｄ．YOSHIDined on 8/28/2014Ｗｅ ｈａｄ ｔｈｅ ｐｏｒｔｅｒ ｓｔｅａｋ ｆｏｒ ２．Ｉｔ ｇｏｏｄ ｑｕａｎｔｉｔｙ ａｎｄ ｍｅａｔ ｉｓ，ｖｅｒｙ ｆｉｎｅ．Ｆｒｏｍ Ｔｏｋｙｏ Ｉ ｈａｄ ｓｐｅｎｄ ｇｏｏｄ ｎｉｇｈｔ．Special Features:
- Great steaks, and nice seafoodOztFromJapanDined on 8/26/2014I visited with my wife and parents for enjoying dry-aged beef steaks that are even famous in Japan. Needless to say the steak was excellent, but seafood was also nice (my mother wanted ones because she had some health concerns). Wolfgang's is the best choice for those who love either steak or seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteahouseGaryWGVIPDined on 8/26/2014The steak was outstanding. The service was attentive and friendly. Great midtown location.Special Features:
- FElizaldeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Wolfgang's countless times, and will continue to go back as long as its there. Always at the top of their game, great meat and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceYoungkVIPDined on 8/21/2014My boss and I went out for a dinner - we go out after work once or twice a month to a steakhouse around the office (Park Ave) - and we both enjoyed the food/service/ambiance. The food was not only tasty but also plenty including the sides. I definitely recommend this restaurant to a steak lover.Special Features:
- Wolfgang specialspecialoccasionDined on 8/19/2014A real neighborhood gem great steaks as usual. Wife had the Chilean Bass also good. Ambience is wonderful, service is great. I use this restaurant as my special occasion expensive but well worth it. Waiter actually remembered us from the last time we were there a few months ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have ever hadMichalkdDined on 8/16/2014The food here is the best I have ever had. The meat is deligous, and service is exellent. Do not miss outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location of the tablesweetappleDined on 8/16/2014I reserved the table about 5 months before. But the table introduced was near the entrance. It was not comfortable.Special Features:
- masaDined on 8/10/2014Good place for travelers (especially for foreigners) who are looking for tasty steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/6/2014For a steakhouse, there was no choice of red wine by the glass other than "house wine" which came lukewarm I dont expect cellar temperature like fine bottle of wine, but really... After the ordered appetizer/main dishes arrived, waiter disappeared until he brought the bill
- MikeVIPDined on 8/4/2014Disappointing This was my first visit to the Lipstick Building location. The steaks were cooked properly but lacked flavor. Adding the special sauce, which tastes like the cocktail sauce you get with oysters in the half shell, didn't improve anything. The staff was courteous, but it was almost impossible to hear due to the crowd noise. I'll give them another try next time in town.Special Features:
- Great steaks!LindaTVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had dined at the TriBeCa Wolfgang's and wanted to try this uptown venue after the theater. The food was as delicious as we had downtown. The only down was that they did not have any bernaise sauce that day! No bernaise at a steakhouse? Crazy! The service was great and we had a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great midtown steakhouse!MrATDined on 7/31/2014Exquisite steaks, a lively atmosphere and extensive wine list make this an enjoyable and high quality dining experience. Marginally detracting are waiters who, although brisk and efficient, laugh unduly at their own jokes and intrude too much. Next time guys keep it to yourself and get a better tip!Special Features:
- PhenomenalColinVIPDined on 7/29/2014Well is certainly wasn't the healthiest meal but man was it delicious. Went hard on the appetizers, wine, steak and sides. Great place for a business dinner- everyone was very impressed.Special Features:
- TiggerVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was sublime. Best steak we ever ate. I've had better cheesecake. Too noisy for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgangs Is GreatDadNudDined on 7/24/2014There are a lot of Steak Places in NYC, I have been to all them. Wolfgang's is a step above all of them. Service is the best, The food is amazing. Totally what a Professional restaurant should be and presented in a seamless timely manner by a great wait staff. I can't say enough great things about Wolfgang's. I ate at the one on Park and 33rd and it was equal to the one on 54th St. They know what they are doingSpecial Features:
- Everything greatwolfDined on 7/16/2014The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was great and came on time and no complaints.Special Features:
- Service good - food notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Atmosphere was nice. Very quiet for Lunch, not many people on a Wednesday afternoon. Food was not enjoyable. I brought clients to lunch here and asked them both how their meal was when we were in the cab ride and they both agreed that it was not the best and they would not go back. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Outspoken waiterslimEuropeanDined on 7/15/2014First, we have never had steaks any better, absolutely delicious. The amount of food we got, was - by European standards - much too much, so that we could have ordered for one person instead of two. Many Americans, however, are much bigger / heavier than us Europeans, but then the waiter should let people know about the enormous quantity of food in advance... What really annoyed us was that the waiter when we payed openly complained about the amount of gratitude given. We already considered $ 25 a lot of money. All in all this experience spoiled the evening a bit, as we saw it. On the other hand, the atmosphere is very energetic, as pointed out above, so that this frank criticism of a waiter established a kind of wild west situation to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse!MahwahDined on 7/12/2014We had eaten at the 34th Wolfgangs 6 months ago. We decided to go to the 54th street restaurant for a change of scenery and to bring our friends. We were very happy. Great ambiance and Wolfgang even came around to greet us. Nice surprise considering all the other restaurants this man owns.Special Features:
- Good steak, but bad serviceDisneyDined on 7/8/2014I enjoyed the porter house steak, creamed spinach and German potatos. The food was good, but the service was terrible. The waiters need to learn how to "smile" and be friendly.
- Very good food, great service.FoodieReviewVIPDined on 7/7/2014Very enjoyable restaurant with very good food and great service.Special Features: