Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street
200 East 54th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wolfgangssteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 2125889653
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of Midtown East.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)good for groups (51)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (11)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerBeauty17Dined on 9/16/2014Went to dinner with my wife for my birthday & the food was great; nice vibes;music was relaxing ! Overall great experience & yes I will go back for that 50$ steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Wolfgang's is my favorite steakhouse in Manhattan! My recommended meal: Bacon appetizer, Mozzarella & Tomato salad, Steak for 2 (or whatever the size of your party) with cream spinach and german potatoes. Delicious!Special Features:
- Best Steak in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Outstanding good steak that is totally worth the price..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delicious Wonderful TimeCarrobDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I were recommended to the restaurant. We went for dinner with good friends and had a delicious, wonderful time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Overpriced. Steak was not cooked to desired level. Room lacks character.
- Peter Luger Clonedca1125VIPDined on 9/7/2014It's one large, cavernous room with hard surfaces that make sounds resonate. Waiters are knowledgeable in a “rough & ready” way and slam dishes every chance they get so there's more the feel of an old fashioned deli than a high end steakhouse. Large tables add to the noise with the demographics tilted to 35 year old guys and large young families. This is no Peter Luger’s……………….but the food is……………..and if you can overlook (ok, tolerate) the rest of the experience, it has the makings of a good steak dinner. We are, however, still of the mind that if you want to go to Peter Luger’s go to Peter Luger’s. If you want a steak in Manhattan, think about Smith & Wollensky’s, Pietro’s, the Palm……….each of which is an original.Special Features:
- One of the best Steakhouse in NYCIvanaxDined on 8/30/2014All the food is delicious - except the bread (cold). Be careful not to order to much as the portion is big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ｎｉｃｅ Ｓｔｅａｋ，ｓａｔｉｓｆｉｅｄ．YOSHIDined on 8/28/2014Ｗｅ ｈａｄ ｔｈｅ ｐｏｒｔｅｒ ｓｔｅａｋ ｆｏｒ ２．Ｉｔ ｇｏｏｄ ｑｕａｎｔｉｔｙ ａｎｄ ｍｅａｔ ｉｓ，ｖｅｒｙ ｆｉｎｅ．Ｆｒｏｍ Ｔｏｋｙｏ Ｉ ｈａｄ ｓｐｅｎｄ ｇｏｏｄ ｎｉｇｈｔ．Special Features:
- Great steaks, and nice seafoodOztFromJapanDined on 8/26/2014I visited with my wife and parents for enjoying dry-aged beef steaks that are even famous in Japan. Needless to say the steak was excellent, but seafood was also nice (my mother wanted ones because she had some health concerns). Wolfgang's is the best choice for those who love either steak or seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteahouseGaryWGVIPDined on 8/26/2014The steak was outstanding. The service was attentive and friendly. Great midtown location.Special Features:
- FElizaldeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Wolfgang's countless times, and will continue to go back as long as its there. Always at the top of their game, great meat and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceYoungkVIPDined on 8/21/2014My boss and I went out for a dinner - we go out after work once or twice a month to a steakhouse around the office (Park Ave) - and we both enjoyed the food/service/ambiance. The food was not only tasty but also plenty including the sides. I definitely recommend this restaurant to a steak lover.Special Features:
- Wolfgang specialspecialoccasionDined on 8/19/2014A real neighborhood gem great steaks as usual. Wife had the Chilean Bass also good. Ambience is wonderful, service is great. I use this restaurant as my special occasion expensive but well worth it. Waiter actually remembered us from the last time we were there a few months ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have ever hadMichalkdDined on 8/16/2014The food here is the best I have ever had. The meat is deligous, and service is exellent. Do not miss outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location of the tablesweetappleDined on 8/16/2014I reserved the table about 5 months before. But the table introduced was near the entrance. It was not comfortable.Special Features:
- masaDined on 8/10/2014Good place for travelers (especially for foreigners) who are looking for tasty steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/6/2014For a steakhouse, there was no choice of red wine by the glass other than "house wine" which came lukewarm I dont expect cellar temperature like fine bottle of wine, but really... After the ordered appetizer/main dishes arrived, waiter disappeared until he brought the bill
- MikeVIPDined on 8/4/2014Disappointing This was my first visit to the Lipstick Building location. The steaks were cooked properly but lacked flavor. Adding the special sauce, which tastes like the cocktail sauce you get with oysters in the half shell, didn't improve anything. The staff was courteous, but it was almost impossible to hear due to the crowd noise. I'll give them another try next time in town.Special Features:
- Great steaks!LindaTDined on 8/3/2014We had dined at the TriBeCa Wolfgang's and wanted to try this uptown venue after the theater. The food was as delicious as we had downtown. The only down was that they did not have any bernaise sauce that day! No bernaise at a steakhouse? Crazy! The service was great and we had a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great midtown steakhouse!MrATDined on 7/31/2014Exquisite steaks, a lively atmosphere and extensive wine list make this an enjoyable and high quality dining experience. Marginally detracting are waiters who, although brisk and efficient, laugh unduly at their own jokes and intrude too much. Next time guys keep it to yourself and get a better tip!Special Features:
- PhenomenalColinDined on 7/29/2014Well is certainly wasn't the healthiest meal but man was it delicious. Went hard on the appetizers, wine, steak and sides. Great place for a business dinner- everyone was very impressed.Special Features:
- TiggerVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was sublime. Best steak we ever ate. I've had better cheesecake. Too noisy for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgangs Is GreatDadNudDined on 7/24/2014There are a lot of Steak Places in NYC, I have been to all them. Wolfgang's is a step above all of them. Service is the best, The food is amazing. Totally what a Professional restaurant should be and presented in a seamless timely manner by a great wait staff. I can't say enough great things about Wolfgang's. I ate at the one on Park and 33rd and it was equal to the one on 54th St. They know what they are doingSpecial Features:
- Everything greatwolfDined on 7/16/2014The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was great and came on time and no complaints.Special Features:
- Service good - food notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Atmosphere was nice. Very quiet for Lunch, not many people on a Wednesday afternoon. Food was not enjoyable. I brought clients to lunch here and asked them both how their meal was when we were in the cab ride and they both agreed that it was not the best and they would not go back. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Outspoken waiterslimEuropeanDined on 7/15/2014First, we have never had steaks any better, absolutely delicious. The amount of food we got, was - by European standards - much too much, so that we could have ordered for one person instead of two. Many Americans, however, are much bigger / heavier than us Europeans, but then the waiter should let people know about the enormous quantity of food in advance... What really annoyed us was that the waiter when we payed openly complained about the amount of gratitude given. We already considered $ 25 a lot of money. All in all this experience spoiled the evening a bit, as we saw it. On the other hand, the atmosphere is very energetic, as pointed out above, so that this frank criticism of a waiter established a kind of wild west situation to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse!MahwahDined on 7/12/2014We had eaten at the 34th Wolfgangs 6 months ago. We decided to go to the 54th street restaurant for a change of scenery and to bring our friends. We were very happy. Great ambiance and Wolfgang even came around to greet us. Nice surprise considering all the other restaurants this man owns.Special Features:
- Good steak, but bad serviceDisneyDined on 7/8/2014I enjoyed the porter house steak, creamed spinach and German potatos. The food was good, but the service was terrible. The waiters need to learn how to "smile" and be friendly.
- Very good food, great service.FoodieReviewVIPDined on 7/7/2014Very enjoyable restaurant with very good food and great service.Special Features:
- As Good As The OriginalSjpvacVIPDined on 7/2/2014Although I have been to the Wolfgangs at 33rd several times, this washed first time at this location. The steak and service were just as good and the noise level was much more tolerable here. If you like steak, this is the place.Special Features:
- Nice Steak house, but noisyMCat750Dined on 6/30/2014There is a certain American steak house charm to the restaurant with a nice décor, excellent service and very good food. The one draw back was the noise level. Bad acoustics.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steak, service notsteakholderDined on 6/28/2014Steak excellent, service was rood and not at all what we expected. Next time we take another restaurant of Wolfgangs.Special Features:
- STAY AWAY HAS A NYC "C"HEALTH GRADESHOCKEDBYGRADEVIPDined on 6/27/2014Tough steak , overpriced , C HEALTH GRADE RATING , wish I had seen grade before we dined !
- NYC DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014My wife joined me for a business trip and we made it a long weekend in NYC. This was a great steakhouse and the food & service were outstanding. We did the steak for two and had leftovers for another meal. We did traditional sides, mashed and spinach. The martini's were well done and service was prompt without being rushed. Well done.Special Features:
- WowBassDDined on 6/23/2014The best Place for People they want to eat Unique Meat with an amazing tasteSpecial Features:
- LackingGG68VIPDined on 6/23/2014Service was as usual indifferent. The steak was under cooked --even we specifically directed it towards medium. I am giving up on the place. There are so many more places that earn your business.
- Good, not greatmbk26Dined on 6/22/2014My ribeye was very good, as was wife's filet, but neither was spectacular, which is what I think we were entitled to expect at these prices. Onion rings were passable, asparagus was reported to be limp and flavorless.
- Nice Chop HouseunhappyDined on 6/19/2014Wolfgang's was as expected a nice NYC Chop House. Dinner was well prepared and abundant. In fact, my recommendation would be to offer smaller size portions! As a visitor it is difficult to take home leftovers and we felt rather wasteful eating half a steak. Everything was very nice but in terms of a chop house I would recommend Quality Meats over Wolfgang's much more fun...Special Features:
- Awesome steaks...antarctosDined on 6/18/2014Skip reading the menu and go for Steak for two, for three, for four...just great. Service was good, the air a bit thick due to the preparation of the steaks (however, the smell is triggering the Pavlov effect for sure) and it is a bit noisy...but these steaks are so good. You won't be disappointed by the size of them either.Special Features:
- Food was amazing, but...JosephDined on 6/15/2014Amazing food! We've ordered some appetizers and steak for three. All of them tasted phenomenal. The service was okay, nothing too special.Special Features: