Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street
200 East 54th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wolfgangssteakhouse.net/
- Phone: (212) 588-9653
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of Midtown East.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wolfgang's Steak House - 54th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (49)notable wine list (37)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (12)hot spot (11)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- LoulouVIPDined on 11/23/2014Manager was unprofessional, moving waiters around and repremanding them constantly. We had three different waiters that night. The food was excellent from our crab cake to our steaks. I'm not sure if I will come back and give them a second chance.
- r0903Dined on 11/22/2014never fails to impress food is always exceptional and steak is one of a kind. i always go back to wolfgangs for steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- k1561VIPDined on 11/21/2014It was an important night with important fried who visited from Japan, but I will not recommend the place for a precious night dining.
- Waiter a bit pompous.FoodiesDined on 11/3/2014We had been seated for about 10 minutes, had been given menus but not any water or bread yet nor had we even met our waiter. Maybe 5 other tables out of 15 were occupied around us. We were trying to get a waiter's attention as they scurried around us several times attending to the other tables. Finally making his appearance our waiter bruskly asked "Are you ready to order?". My wife asked "Would you like to tell us about your menu?". He responds "What would you like to know about our menu?" in a very condescending tone. We dine out at similar restaurants probably 1 to 2 times a month and elsewhere they always have a dialogue about the menu so that is what we expected. Had we not arrived famished we would have left at that point.Special Features:
- Good Porterhouse steakNJerDined on 11/2/2014We ordered Porterhouse steak for two. Outside is crunchy and inside is juicy. It is perfect!!! Because it was on Marathon date, so many runners celebrated for themselves around us. Good energy and good food! Next day, unfortunately I had to go to another steak restaurant for business. It was totally different. If I have to eat steak two consecutive days, I come here.Special Features:
- The BEST in NYC!GourmetNYCVIPDined on 10/29/2014Whenever I go to Wolfgangs at 54th, they treat me like family! For a chain restaurant it is rare but management seem to care about their loyal customers. OFC the food is superb! They always exceed expectations and are like a second family. It's great to see how other servers help out without any complaint. They are very friendly and make the NYC experience wonderful for guests out of town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014Dinner for 2, no drinks $160. It was very good... But not THAT good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDanaDined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing and the portions were large. We went for a birthday and it was very special. Everyone had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Very good food. Service so/soTBoneDined on 10/21/2014Definitely one of the best steak houses in town in terms of food but waiters' attention to female and foreign clients could and should definitely improve. My wife and I did not feel welcome there and as a consequence, we'll probably go somewhere else next time.Special Features:
- Not Peter LugersLiketoeatVIPDined on 10/21/2014Ok, but expensive and only ok porterhouse steak. Expected more. Friendly staff, good wine and service.
- Satisfied carnivorePinkPotatoDined on 10/21/2014Although me and my wife dressed casually (shirt, hoodies, sneakers) we were served promptly and politely by the waiter. Steak for 2 was pre cut, slightly charred on the sides but overall, great dinner. Preferred the creamed spinach from Sparks though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular foods very rude serviceoldfashioneuropeDined on 10/20/2014The food was aceptable but the service was really rude, specially cause the last day We were at Remi and there everything was excellent. I don´t think that I will comeback.
- DisappointingHyonDined on 10/18/2014Not good service as the top restaurant in the world. The guy with blue shirt lead us to our table and he was extremely rude. He implicated us to 'get out soon, because it gonna be crowded today'. Steak was good, but not great as we expected. House wine (Chardonnay) was very tasteful. We will not go again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Good place for a special occasion meal. Proper NYC steakhouse with a great wine menu. Get the porterhouse wont be dissapointed.Special Features:
- delicious steak, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/14/2014came here with a friend, based on a "best steakhouse" google search. we both got the filet and it was perfect. inside was perfectly cooked, but the best was the outside which had the crunchy charred bits. awesome. would definitely come backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodJacobDined on 10/9/2014The steaks certainly lived up to Wolfgang's reputation but what impressed me most was my green salad. It was simply perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestfoodienycVIPDined on 10/2/2014Had a business lunch here out of my colleagues love of steak and convenient location. Food was mediocre. Service was inattentive. Inability to sub creamed spinach for steamed is ridiculous in this health conscious age. Creamed spinach was over salted and inedible anyway so no calorie temptation there. Lamb chops arrived sizzling in a bath of oil, despite asking if they were simply grilled with no butter or oil.
- Best steak! Yum!KarryVIPDined on 9/29/2014I went to Wolfgang with my fiance and his relatives. I heard great reviews about Wolfgang and am glad I dined here. The noise level was energetic. We ordered the Canadian bacon, tuna tartare tartare and steak for three. Everything was delicious!! I would definitely go back again. =)Special Features:
- EeeeDined on 9/29/2014La carne excelente, aunque el precio es excesivo para un local un tanto desangeladoSpecial Features:
- A Fine NYC SteakhouseFrenchfriesDined on 9/25/2014I was hoping for something special from this celebrated steakhouse, but it ended up being more of the usual. Except there are better choices for ambiance (e.g. Del Frisco's, Bobby Van's). If you are choosing a place based on location (midtown East) this is as good as any.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GreatDanielDined on 9/25/2014Was disappointed! Had ordered a birthday cake which was mentioned initially in front of intended recipient when it was supposed to be a surprise and then completely forgotten about by wait staff. Wolfgang himself came over to table as was very nice but the place is dated and average at best!!!give it a miss and go to MortonsSpecial Features:
- Tasty steak and baconJayDVIPDined on 9/24/2014Classic melt in your mouth t-bone. Huge portions. Steak for two enough for three. Bacon started extraordinarily yummy. The largest baked potato was enough for three to share and still have left overs. A bit loud but we went on a busy night.
- Greaty Dry Aged Porterhouse!FirstTimeInNYDined on 9/21/2014My son recommended to us to have the Steak for Two at Wolfgang in NY. I don't really care for beef steaks too much, but I love it! It was tender and tasty. The sides we ordered sauteed spinach and mashed potatos were also very good. We enjoyed the dinner very much. The service was also great. We had only one hour to eat and go to the Lantern Floarting Ceremony starting at 7 pm at the Lincoln Center, and we told our server we did not have much time, who accommodated our request and the food came our right away after we odered our choices. We made to the Lincoln Center in time. It was a perfect night in NY.Special Features:
- hermannthegermanDined on 9/19/2014Excellent restaurant and great dining experience if you love meat / big steaks.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBeauty17Dined on 9/16/2014Went to dinner with my wife for my birthday & the food was great; nice vibes;music was relaxing ! Overall great experience & yes I will go back for that 50$ steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakDiscipulusDined on 9/16/2014Wolfgang's is my favorite steakhouse in Manhattan! My recommended meal: Bacon appetizer, Mozzarella & Tomato salad, Steak for 2 (or whatever the size of your party) with cream spinach and german potatoes. Delicious!Special Features:
- Best Steak in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Outstanding good steak that is totally worth the price..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delicious Wonderful TimeCarrobDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I were recommended to the restaurant. We went for dinner with good friends and had a delicious, wonderful time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Overpriced. Steak was not cooked to desired level. Room lacks character.
- Peter Luger Clonedca1125VIPDined on 9/7/2014It's one large, cavernous room with hard surfaces that make sounds resonate. Waiters are knowledgeable in a “rough & ready” way and slam dishes every chance they get so there's more the feel of an old fashioned deli than a high end steakhouse. Large tables add to the noise with the demographics tilted to 35 year old guys and large young families. This is no Peter Luger’s……………….but the food is……………..and if you can overlook (ok, tolerate) the rest of the experience, it has the makings of a good steak dinner. We are, however, still of the mind that if you want to go to Peter Luger’s go to Peter Luger’s. If you want a steak in Manhattan, think about Smith & Wollensky’s, Pietro’s, the Palm……….each of which is an original.Special Features:
- One of the best Steakhouse in NYCIvanaxDined on 8/30/2014All the food is delicious - except the bread (cold). Be careful not to order to much as the portion is big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ｎｉｃｅ Ｓｔｅａｋ，ｓａｔｉｓｆｉｅｄ．YOSHIDined on 8/28/2014Ｗｅ ｈａｄ ｔｈｅ ｐｏｒｔｅｒ ｓｔｅａｋ ｆｏｒ ２．Ｉｔ ｇｏｏｄ ｑｕａｎｔｉｔｙ ａｎｄ ｍｅａｔ ｉｓ，ｖｅｒｙ ｆｉｎｅ．Ｆｒｏｍ Ｔｏｋｙｏ Ｉ ｈａｄ ｓｐｅｎｄ ｇｏｏｄ ｎｉｇｈｔ．Special Features:
- Great steaks, and nice seafoodOztFromJapanDined on 8/26/2014I visited with my wife and parents for enjoying dry-aged beef steaks that are even famous in Japan. Needless to say the steak was excellent, but seafood was also nice (my mother wanted ones because she had some health concerns). Wolfgang's is the best choice for those who love either steak or seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteahouseGaryWGVIPDined on 8/26/2014The steak was outstanding. The service was attentive and friendly. Great midtown location.Special Features:
- FElizaldeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Wolfgang's countless times, and will continue to go back as long as its there. Always at the top of their game, great meat and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceYoungkVIPDined on 8/21/2014My boss and I went out for a dinner - we go out after work once or twice a month to a steakhouse around the office (Park Ave) - and we both enjoyed the food/service/ambiance. The food was not only tasty but also plenty including the sides. I definitely recommend this restaurant to a steak lover.Special Features:
- Wolfgang specialspecialoccasionDined on 8/19/2014A real neighborhood gem great steaks as usual. Wife had the Chilean Bass also good. Ambience is wonderful, service is great. I use this restaurant as my special occasion expensive but well worth it. Waiter actually remembered us from the last time we were there a few months ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have ever hadMichalkdDined on 8/16/2014The food here is the best I have ever had. The meat is deligous, and service is exellent. Do not miss outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location of the tablesweetappleDined on 8/16/2014I reserved the table about 5 months before. But the table introduced was near the entrance. It was not comfortable.Special Features:
- masaDined on 8/10/2014Good place for travelers (especially for foreigners) who are looking for tasty steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.