Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui
3900 Wailea Alanui Drive
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/
- Phone: 8088792999x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m., daily
Lounge opens at 5 p.m., daily
(To ensure the best view or patio seating 5:30 pm/ 5:45 pm reservations are recommended.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Cameron Lewark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering on site for all occasions; Up to 325 guests for sit-down and 500 guests for cocktail reception.
- Entertainment: Nightly live Hawaiian music in the Four Seasons Lobby Lounge until 8:30 p.m.
- Special Events: Wine dinners, Chef events, and more
A word from Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui
Wolfgang Puck's Spago offers panoramic ocean views from the bar and restaurant serving California cuisine with Pacific Rim influences and local Hawaiian flavors. The Mobil Four Star restaurant opened at the Four Seasons Resort Maui in 2001, teaming America’s greatest chef with the world’s finest hotel group. The Asian-inspired, contemporary designed room is sophisticated, yet relaxed, with carefully selected furnishings that provide both family comfort and romantic evenings both indoors or on the exterior lanai. All of this creates the perfect stage for Chef Cameron Lewark’s brilliant menu, using Hawaii’s premier produce, fish and meats, with the styling that made Spago famous. Utilizing only the finest ingredients available from the Hawaiian Islands, the menu presents a fusion of Hawaiian and California cuisine, embracing the tradition of the Islands culinary techniques. This inspired menu offers Wolfgang Puck's classics as well as many locally inspired dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (59)romantic (52)great for outdoor dining (52)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (30)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fantastic FoodCharleysDined on 8/30/2014Food was delicious. Best meal we had on Maui. Service was excellent. View stunning.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Our dinner was fantastic. We were celebrating an anniversary and were treated very special. The food was amazing and a great night all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DerrickOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Great food and views! The really know what the're doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014The service was a little spotty. The waiter was attentive, but it took a while for the food to arrive. My dish was schezwan style fish and it was a little too spicy for my palate. My girlfriend got the bolognese. The pasta was crunchy - brought new meaning to al dente, the sauce was minimal. She had to ask for more sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstanding overall.sp4MendyDined on 8/22/2014We go to Spago's at the Four Seasons Maui each year. It is our "special dinner". The restaurant did not disappoint. The menu was outstanding, and the wine list was fantastic. The service was outstanding, from the receptionist to the waiters to the manager who dropped by. The only criticism that we would offer is the selection of the background music, which was more fit for a dive bar than a high end restaurant in Hawaii where most of the patrons come for the view and the great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner on MauiFoodisGoodVIPDined on 8/18/2014We come to Spago Maui whenever we are in town. The wait staff is always polite and accommodating, and your wine guy, Darren, is the best! Chef Cameron always serves up the best meal on the island! Our favorite is the Seafood Thai dish - it is always amazing, fresh, and delicious! Thank you for providing a very special night for my husband's birthday!Special Features:
- In need of upgradeGillianVIPDined on 8/12/2014Wolfgang needs to visit ASAP. The Food, portions and service does not warrant exhorbatant prices. Nothing at the Maui Spago is up to the standard and reputation of Wolfgang Puck. Wolfgang should have The Four Seasons change the name of SPAGO and he should disassociate himself from this location.
- SpagoMauiDinerDined on 8/11/2014Overall, good experience. Expensive. Portions relatively small. Eclectic menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maui EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Wolfgang Puck's Spago in Maui was wonderful. The food was outstanding and the outdoor view was spectacular. Request an outside table for a truly memorable Hawaiian experience.Special Features:
- Does not get any better....rdrsjVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our favorite on Maui - ALWAYS! From the time you check in to leaving the restaurant, they make you feel part of the family. Bolognese - FANTASTIC, Tomato soup - FANTASTIC, Wagyu - good, pork chop - really good, ribeye - very good, ocean salad - fantastic!Special Features:
- Bas serviceQuediusDined on 8/5/2014While being well attended, arrived a table that take the attention of waiters and manager and our attendant disappear for the end of the dinner. That never happened to me at any restaurant.
- Perfect in every way!ArkeaterDined on 8/4/2014We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. The service was impeccable. The food was absolutely delicious. The view from our table was unbelievable! They did everything they could to make this one of the most memorable and enjoyable dining experiences we have ever had. The prices were over the top but then prices of everything in Maui are over the top. I would highly recommend Spago to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed everything, we live locally with allot of resturants to choose from and Spago's is one of our favorites. Service was exellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedgoodDined on 7/17/2014many will like but we did not, i prefer a stand alone restaurant and it is our fault for forgettting
- Perfect setting, perfect foodRdugirlDined on 7/10/2014Everything was perfect! We had a table looking out at the ocean. Th service was perfect. The food wonderful- tuna poke and seated ahi. Wine wonderful. Will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner with fantastic sunsetalbert8413Dined on 7/8/2014Even I did a mistake as I booked the wrong day we got a place at arrival. Service was very attentive. The food was good and the suggested wine was also perfect. We had the Wagyu, the free ranche chicken and the fish in the leaves (forgot the name). Prices as expected high but worth the quality.Special Features:
- Overpriced and under-deliveredFineDinerVIPDined on 7/6/2014Prices were extremely high, even for Maui ($48 entrees and $24 glasses of wine.) Server was overly "scripted" and stiff. You are paying for the beautiful setting at the Four Seasons, but the food was not worth the price and the service fell into the category of trying too hard. You really need to get an outdoor table if you go. Sitting inside makes it really feel not worthwhile.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants! Every bite of the food is delicious, the service is great, and of course the setting is perfect. I had the tomato soup and the curry, and both were excellent. I also really like their selection of breads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsDanielleDined on 6/30/2014Spago in Maui is always spot-on - good food, good service. The breads are great. I have food allergies and the staff is always very careful. My husband raves about the poke cones. I always order the chicken with mushrooms. Delicious! Consider taking a light sweater, as it can be cool in the evening breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurantMrBobVIPDined on 6/28/2014We come to Maui every year and love the consistent quality and service of the Four Seasons Restaurants and would highly recommend to all.
- Pleasant SurpriseRoysLoverVIPDined on 6/20/2014Although we read several bad reviews about this restaurant recently, we decided to try for ourselves as we has never been to a Spago restaurant and decided to form our own opinion. We were glad we did. The poke cones were out of this world! Omg, one of the most incredible tasting, unusual combinations. It left me yearning for more. The service left us wanting nothing. There was always someone there to fill any request. My husband had a steak that was outstanding. My ahi was flavorful and did not have the veins that Ahi sometimes has. I wish were would have ordered dessert, but wenwere just to full. It is very very pricey, but worth the price. An overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a ViewLeeChefDined on 6/20/2014Sat on the terrace at sunset, server Maestro was very engaging and polite. It was a bday celebration so we ordered flowers and cake from hotel. Food was great ordered the Lamb, Monchong, Pork Chop, Prime Beef Wraps and Ahi Poke Cones. All was delicious but, the beef wraps were spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentStevenDined on 6/20/2014Visited two times while on Maui. Superior ahi and wonderful preparation. Great wine list. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Amazing!Paul25355Dined on 6/15/2014Spago at the Four Seasons Hotel was everything we hoped for. Beautiful location, great service and amazing food. My partner & I enjoy eating out, especially at restaurants like this. We know of Wolfgang's Puck reputation, the chefs working here make sure the experience is memorable. Staff and service first rate, nothing too much trouble. Go if you get the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's Our Waitress??!!moragamunchersVIPDined on 6/15/2014We love Spago and dine there often. It's a fabulous place with wonderful food and ambience. This last visit was truly disappointing, partly due to the food, but mostly to an under-trained waitress. Our waitress was a very young woman who said she had about 6 months experience at Spago. She simply left us to our own devices once the meal was served. She did returnto ask how we liked our meal and to pour a little more wine. But that was it. I made a comment that my dish seemed very spicy and that she might want to warn people about that. (It burned my throat and lips.) Then she disappeared! Never came back. She probably didn't know what to say!Special Features:
- As Good As Mama's Fish HouseVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 6/13/2014The quality of the seafood and preparation was a good as Mama's (equal prices). The only disappointment was that we were hoping for the whole fish preparation, which they did not do. Great service from Megan and Ashley. Overall a very special evening with amazing food and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family All Agrees!mauisanch2014Dined on 6/12/2014We were celebrating a birthday, a 2 year anniversary, and a 25 year anniversary. Wonderful table location and the food was excellent. A definite place to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Entrees + Fabulous ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2014We came to celebrate our son's graduation from high school and everything could not have been more perfect. A friendly greeting from the host was appreciated. We were shown to our table just in time to catch the sunset. Honestly there is not a bad table in the entire restaurant as they all enjoy great views of Wailea Beach and the spectacular sunset. Jeb, our server,was incredibly knowledgeable & helpful in guiding us through the menu & suggesting wine pairings. He and his team were efficient in a 'ninja' sort of way. We barely noticed when our water was refilled or plates were removed. We ordered the Roast Chicken,Seared Ahi,Thai Pot, & Monchong. ALL were winners! Great seasoning & presentation.I highly recommend Spago-best food on Maui!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in Maui - bad choiceNRizzoVIPDined on 6/8/2014Wish we would have chosen somewhere else. My husband ordered the beef waygu steak med-rare very pricey and came out charred. Service was bad not just at our table but another table near us complained as well. The manager basically took over their entire expierence and ignored all other 100 plus guests. The gentlemen who assisted the server was acceptional and really stood out though.
- Great food, service was OKAZFoodEDined on 6/6/2014Wife and I had a terrific meal here. Great food! The service was a bit weak. Once we ordered food, we didn't see our waitress until she brought the bill. Our waterboy gave us much more attention than our waitress. In fact, he was so uncomfortable with us waiting more than 15 minutes to get our bill, he went and got it for us. When we finally got the bill, the waitress asked if we would maybe like dessert. I asked about the soufle. 15 min to prep. We passed. Had she told us this when we got our entrees or soon after we got them and hadn't been kept waiting so long, we might have gotten it. Maybe next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceDebDebVIPDined on 6/4/2014Perfect meal with local fish. Loved our server Megan and back staff as they enhanced our dining experience. Ocean and sunset view wasn't bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerFoghornDined on 5/26/2014We felt "well taken care of" at Spago. The waitstaff was knowledgeable, attentive and considerate. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was romantic. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Happytravellers27Dined on 5/26/2014The service was outstanding, all the staff was very attentive and made sure we always had drinks, water and anything else we needed. The only draw back that evening was the trade winds as they were pretty strong so you had to be careful that some things on the table did not blow away. The sunset was beautiful, couldn't ask for a better view. Would go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect endingSOCCERWIFEDined on 5/25/2014We visited Spago on our last evening in Maui and it was a great choice. The bartender was friendly and professional. The food was so comforting, (we ordered the oven roasted free range chicken with goat cheese, mashed potatoes and mushrooms), and was the best choice after 9 evenings of eating local seafood. I recommend highly.Special Features:
- Too much servicepearlbdDined on 5/23/2014While the food and drinks were fantastic, even the suggestions were well placed and spot on, the waitstaff did not give us a chance to enjoy our conversation or the water. I had someone refilling my water glass every time I took a sip. The waitstaff was constantly asking if we were happy or needed something or..... Just give me a chance to enjoy a quiet meal with my wife. If I needed 20 questions I would have brought along our toddlers. Hopefully they are a little busier next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014We were staying at the Four Seasons and Spago is in the hotel. Our Table had the best view of the ocean and it was an oval table setup for two. It was very romantic and my wife loved it. Now the food. We had an angel hair seafood appetizer that is to die for. I am going back to make that dish my entry. It was amazing. Entrees were excellent. I highly recommend selecting Spago's for dinner. Don't forget to meet Darren, one of the managers. He went out of way to make our dinner very special. Thanks Darren.Special Features:
- Amazing !HoneymoonersDined on 5/7/2014The food was amazing and the service was great! One of the best places we ate in Maui! The people there were so nice !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1015 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui reviews archive.
- WinecrikelVIPDined on 5/1/2014No carry in wine. Most wines on the list are new releases at high markups.Special Features:
- As good as I remember it...MKDFWVIPDined on 5/1/2014Spago sits on one of the most beautiful and romantic places in Maui. The interior is impeccably decorated, with most of the tables set far apart so that you can have a romantic dinner. The service was friendly, accommodating, and attentive, without being overbearing. I highly recommend the Lamb Chops (yes, Lamb Chops in Maui). They are very tender, cooked to perfections, and they come with a mint salsa. Spago is expensive, but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014My wife and I had dinner,food was excellent. Service was not up to usual,new server. New busser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.