Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui
3900 Wailea Alanui Drive
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/
- Phone: (808) 879-2999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m., daily
Lounge opens at 5 p.m., daily
(To ensure the best view or patio seating 5:30 pm/ 5:45 pm reservations are recommended.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Cameron Lewark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering on site for all occasions; Up to 325 guests for sit-down and 500 guests for cocktail reception.
- Entertainment: Nightly live Hawaiian music in the Four Seasons Lobby Lounge until 8:30 p.m.
- Special Events: Wine dinners, Chef events, and more
A word from Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui
Wolfgang Puck's Spago offers panoramic ocean views from the bar and restaurant serving California cuisine with Pacific Rim influences and local Hawaiian flavors. The Mobil Four Star restaurant opened at the Four Seasons Resort Maui in 2001, teaming America’s greatest chef with the world’s finest hotel group. The Asian-inspired, contemporary designed room is sophisticated, yet relaxed, with carefully selected furnishings that provide both family comfort and romantic evenings both indoors or on the exterior lanai. All of this creates the perfect stage for Chef Cameron Lewark’s brilliant menu, using Hawaii’s premier produce, fish and meats, with the styling that made Spago famous. Utilizing only the finest ingredients available from the Hawaiian Islands, the menu presents a fusion of Hawaiian and California cuisine, embracing the tradition of the Islands culinary techniques. This inspired menu offers Wolfgang Puck's classics as well as many locally inspired dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (80)romantic (75)special occasion (72)great for outdoor dining (69)fit for foodies (60)notable wine list (55)hot spot (30)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Excellent dining experience.KieferFamVIPDined on 11/25/2014From the steak, to the chicken and of course all of the seafood, all 8 of us had wonderful dinners. All cooked perfectly. Spago is our island favorite. Last year, Mr Puck came over to say hello- we missed you this year!!! The staff was wonderfly attentive and helpful. Happy thanksgiving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Had a mixed bag experience. The positives: appetizers and entrees were fantastic and there was a solid wine menu. All of the different servers were really attentive and friendly. Setting was special and went later in the evening so it was relatively cool and less busy. The negatives: desserts were pretty ordinary - only food ordered not really worth the price tag in my opinion. Aside from how nice the staff were, there were probably 5 or 6 different people coming to the table, which was distracting cause they asked a lot of the same questions - coordination was whacky and off. The most disappointing part of the experience was the servers kept coming to the next table offering rounds of complimentary apps, drinks and desserts. Tact anddiscretion were seriously lacking. It was embarrassing to witness and kind of like a slap in the face to be around as a paying customer. I wouldn't discourage anyone from dining at this particular Spago, but this left a bad impression and as a result we won't return.
- Great service Rob was greatJayDalyVIPDined on 11/17/2014Rob from Chicago was an outstanding server. Best service I've had recently. Meal was stellar all around. Fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits and missesChowza24Dined on 11/16/2014The prices are obscenely high, even by Hawaii standards. The food was sometimes Very good (tomato and burrata salad although tomatoes under-rype at $22.) and sometimes just okay (red curry with mahi mahi for $44). Service was hit and miss edging to miss. At our table and the next 2 tables, the waiter apologized for some error ( in our case not bringing dressing on the side, as requested). Were it not for the stunning setting, I would avoid.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceAnniversaryDined on 11/16/2014The food and the menu are terrific! Everything we had was excellent. My husband has the tomato soup starter and it was amazing! I had the risotto and it was divine! My husband had the chicken for his entree - more on the cooked side and it was still so moist, really delicious. I had the ahi and it was fabulous. The service was really slow but we have probably the best table in the house so not a big issue but by the 2.5 hour make, I was pretty exhausted (time change).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a blessing!IenjoygoodfoodDined on 11/14/2014You are all amazing. We visit Maui several times a year. Each time we visit the island, we visit Spagos. It truly is a wonderful place with amazing food, view. We already have our reservations for our next visit. We cant wait. We value all of you as the treasure that you are. Thanks, Alan and Elizabeth MauldinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some badLyndaVIPDined on 11/13/2014First, the food was excellent. Unfortunately, it took ages to be served after we ordered. Each course took a long time. We weren't expecting it to be fast but it was much slower than it should have been. We were seated on the terrace, but the view was awkward. My husband had a view of the water while my view was of a blank wall. We were seated next to two large tables that were covered in green plastic and we were close to the busboy station. A bit like dining in an alley. Not exactly conducive to what we'd planned as a romantic dinner. The music does NOT fit what should be a classy venue. It would be much more fitting to have Hawaiian music playing softly in the background rather than loud classic rock. For so much expense, I expect the service, atmosphere and food to all be great. One out of three is not enough.
- dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014we were seated promptly and asked for an outside seating and they moved us agreeably. Our waiter was too condescending and really tried to sell us on certain menu items. we ordered drinks, he came by to see how they were, when I told him my mojito was not the best and I was disappointed, he simply said he would let the bartender know. no offer of another drink. food was delicious but very overpriced, especially the chicken which our waiter insisted we try.
- Hawaii dinnerKerryDined on 11/11/2014We spent 8 nights in Maui at the Four Seasons. We ate at all of the restaurants on property and Spago was our least favorite. We aren't afraid to spend money on a good meal and this was the most expensive dinner we had. Food was just okay (I had the lobster bouillabaisse and husband had the filet). Service was off and this simply wasn't the memorable meal we had hoped for. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- A dissapointmentHollywoodbobsterDined on 11/9/2014We have been to Spago several time before and always had great meals, unfortunately this time it was truly inferior. We went for the Wailea Week Special. One entree was a Ham plate. It could have been the meat that is put under the eggs at a less that average cafe serving of "Eggs Benedict". The other Special was a "Tahitian Shrimp" consisted of 5 decent shrimp. One of our party ordered Mahjong and it was truly over cooked and very tough. unforgivable. I would have sent the entire meal back, but my family wouldn't allow it. I would also add that the $17.00 MaiTai's were truly unplesant.Over $300 for the four of us and it won't happen again.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014This was one of our favorite meals. Everyplace you go that is "touristy" in Wailea is expensive. We didnt think Spago was anymore expensive than the other 4 star restaurants. The thai seafood red curry was outstanding. The view is amazing and our server David was awesome. Great experience. The decor is beautiful, but more in a vegas-y way than a Hawaiian way if you are sitting anywhere other than outside. Not that that matters, just an observation.Special Features:
- Loved it!HallerVIPDined on 11/3/2014The food and service were fantastic, I'd highly recommend the place and definitely go back here!!Special Features:
- Outstanding!FoodiebobDined on 10/30/2014We dined here our last night and I wish we went here earlier because we would have come back for a 2nd time. During our stay we dined at 5 different fine dining restaurants within the area and Spago was #1. We went early for the sunset and our table was perfect for the viewing. Service was excellent, but best of all the food is outstanding! Tagliatelle Bolognese was the best I ever had along with their Big Eye Tuna. Had the Chocolate Lava Cake for dessert which topped off a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible times a billionbrooklynsamDined on 10/29/2014Food is 13 out of 10. Service was some of best I've ever had. View is stunning. Get the ahi tuna cones or die unfulfilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousGooseygardnerDined on 10/25/2014It was a lovely evening and the food was amazing. The service was perfect and the view was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!NYCFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014We always dine at Spago on our last night on Maui. They never disappoint. The food, service and views are spectacular! We highly recommend for a truly amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningMorningGloryDined on 10/16/2014We had a lovely evening with friends. Be sure to ask for the vegetarian menu if necessary!Special Features:
- PapaJVIPDined on 10/16/2014This was a lovely evening for the 6 of us. The view is romantic being seated around 6:15 pm with great food, great service and a great menu. A lovely dining experience. With drinks and or wine expect to pay at least $100 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my birthdayMauigirl0618Dined on 10/14/2014We've eaten almost every restaurant on Maui and I can say that spago is the best by far!!! The food is phenomenal, service is awesome. They made my birthday extra special. Definitely come back soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!inluvwithmauiDined on 10/10/2014Spago's was an exceptional restaurant from start to finish. The ahi poke appetizers were to die for. The ahi was like butter in your mouth. The drinks were amazing and the wine wonderful. The staff were the most professional on the island. We have had many fine dining experiences in Maui, but Spago's was by far the best. Cannot wait to return to the island for another amazing meal. Highly would recommend.Special Features:
- Honeymoon Dinnerfood4twoDined on 9/30/2014We dined at Spago the first full night of our honeymoon at the Four Seasons Wailea. It was unbelievably well executed from the moment we were seated. View was amazing, food was great, staff were awesome. Simple as that.Special Features:
- Very impressedBobRVIPDined on 9/30/2014We dined here with a rowdy group of 8 and had a fantastic meal. Food and service were impeccable, and the location overlooking the ocean and Four Seasons courtyard were beautiful. Although one of the pricier stops on our vacation, it was also one of the best overall meals.Special Features:
- When in Maui go to Spago'sMauifanDined on 9/26/2014I am not a huge spender when it comes to food. Spago's is well worth whatever your bill shows at the end of the night. The food, the wine list, the ambiance, the sunset, the service, and the clientele are all top notch. I will never miss an opportunity to dine here while in Maui. I even took my kids (8 & 10 yr olds) the first visit to Spago's. Trust me, you can't go wrong. Bring your credit card. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spago Still Has ItKauaiMonDined on 9/25/2014Quick review - Went to Spago 4 years ago - it was great. This time, even better. Jeb and Jenna killed it with the service and miso cones, white lily, hello kitty..all great. Make sure to make reservations and unless you simply must be eating while the sun sets, I'd have a drink at the pool and eat later when things have thinned out some.Special Features:
- OutstandingCaroDined on 9/21/2014Several friends recommended Spago's! We had a wonderful dinner at Spago, the food was outstanding as was the service. Can't wait return to Spago on our next visit to Maui.Special Features:
- JTJrocDined on 9/20/2014Beautiful atmosphere, extensive wine list and a view to die for. A must while in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just about perfect !!CorryDined on 9/20/2014We were staying next door at the Waldorf and a friend recommended we try Spago. We went back for 3 meals, each was as great as the one before. I don't normally write reviews but we felt motivated by the incredible service. We had a great seat on the patio that looks over the grounds and out onto the ocean. Get there when they open at 530 and ask for a spot along the edge and you can see the sunset. The price tag isn't for the faint of heart but worth every dollar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and foodILikeFoodDined on 9/17/2014The view was amazing as well as the food. The service was impeccable and I enjoyed every bit of the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant on the Island!JBrownDined on 9/17/2014We visit Maui annually and Spago is ALWAYS on the itinerary, rightfully so. The ambience is perfect, the beach views breathtaking, and service impeccable! Absolutely deserving of it's accolades and five-star status.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was good. Service was good. Our table was in a spot near a large party and they made a lot of noise and took a lot of our waiters time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014Difficult menu. Chef is trying too hard to combine European, Mediterranean, and Asian.Special Features:
- Amazing placehristohrDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary at Spago. Food was top notch, view was amazing eventhough we sat down after sunset. Service was outstanding as usual for all Four Season's properties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingtymaliciaDined on 9/12/2014We had decided on Spago for our wedding dinner and it did not disappoint. Everything from the moment we walked in was top notch. The staff is beyond friendly, and accommodating, the drinks were delicious, the food was everything and more. We plan to be back in Maui and will for sure ge back at Spago.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceScottVIPDined on 9/10/2014We ordered the organic chicken and its was delicious. Every time we come to maui we eat here. Service st the four seasons is always the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs helpfoodhappyDined on 9/9/2014Good food great view, not that great of a waitress, worst of our servers in 10 days of dinning on Maui.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & AtmosphereSteveTXDined on 9/8/2014I highly recommend Spago's when you visit Maui but be sure to make advance reservations. The food is top notch, creative and nicely presented. Waiters are very attentive and the atmosphere is perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntmanDined on 9/6/2014Very enjoyable. The waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and timely. Portions were larger than expected for high end dining. Neither of us could finish any of the courses. View was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to its reputationBigdog782VIPDined on 9/5/2014The kitchen is imaginative and lives up to its reputation as one of the best resort kitchens anywhere. Food preparation was tasty if a bit on the smaller side. The wine list is good but very overpriced. You should have a drink a the lobby bar at the Four Seasons before coming to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset view with fine diningTonyBVIPDined on 9/5/2014Everything about our meals and experience was perfect and exquisite. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotMKT2014Dined on 9/5/2014Spago Maui is a beautiful spot. Gorgeous view of the Pacific. It is the perfect spot for a sunset dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.