Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui
3900 Wailea Alanui Drive
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/
- Phone: 8088792999x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m., daily
Lounge opens at 5 p.m., daily
(To ensure the best view or patio seating 5:30 pm/ 5:45 pm reservations are recommended.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Cameron Lewark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering on site for all occasions; Up to 325 guests for sit-down and 500 guests for cocktail reception.
- Entertainment: Nightly live Hawaiian music in the Four Seasons Lobby Lounge until 8:30 p.m.
- Special Events: Wine dinners, Chef events, and more
A word from Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui
Wolfgang Puck's Spago offers panoramic ocean views from the bar and restaurant serving California cuisine with Pacific Rim influences and local Hawaiian flavors. The Mobil Four Star restaurant opened at the Four Seasons Resort Maui in 2001, teaming America’s greatest chef with the world’s finest hotel group. The Asian-inspired, contemporary designed room is sophisticated, yet relaxed, with carefully selected furnishings that provide both family comfort and romantic evenings both indoors or on the exterior lanai. All of this creates the perfect stage for Chef Cameron Lewark’s brilliant menu, using Hawaii’s premier produce, fish and meats, with the styling that made Spago famous. Utilizing only the finest ingredients available from the Hawaiian Islands, the menu presents a fusion of Hawaiian and California cuisine, embracing the tradition of the Islands culinary techniques. This inspired menu offers Wolfgang Puck's classics as well as many locally inspired dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Wolfgang Puck's Spago in the Four Seasons Resort Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (68)romantic (59)great for outdoor dining (58)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (31)hot spot (20)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- When in Maui go to Spago'sMauifanDined on 9/26/2014I am not a huge spender when it comes to food. Spago's is well worth whatever your bill shows at the end of the night. The food, the wine list, the ambiance, the sunset, the service, and the clientele are all top notch. I will never miss an opportunity to dine here while in Maui. I even took my kids (8 & 10 yr olds) the first visit to Spago's. Trust me, you can't go wrong. Bring your credit card. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spago Still Has ItOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Quick review - Went to Spago 4 years ago - it was great. This time, even better. Jeb and Jenna killed it with the service and miso cones, white lily, hello kitty..all great. Make sure to make reservations and unless you simply must be eating while the sun sets, I'd have a drink at the pool and eat later when things have thinned out some.Special Features:
- OutstandingCaroDined on 9/21/2014Several friends recommended Spago's! We had a wonderful dinner at Spago, the food was outstanding as was the service. Can't wait return to Spago on our next visit to Maui.Special Features:
- JTJrocDined on 9/20/2014Beautiful atmosphere, extensive wine list and a view to die for. A must while in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just about perfect !!CorryDined on 9/20/2014We were staying next door at the Waldorf and a friend recommended we try Spago. We went back for 3 meals, each was as great as the one before. I don't normally write reviews but we felt motivated by the incredible service. We had a great seat on the patio that looks over the grounds and out onto the ocean. Get there when they open at 530 and ask for a spot along the edge and you can see the sunset. The price tag isn't for the faint of heart but worth every dollar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and foodILikeFoodDined on 9/17/2014The view was amazing as well as the food. The service was impeccable and I enjoyed every bit of the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant on the Island!JBrownDined on 9/17/2014We visit Maui annually and Spago is ALWAYS on the itinerary, rightfully so. The ambience is perfect, the beach views breathtaking, and service impeccable! Absolutely deserving of it's accolades and five-star status.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was good. Service was good. Our table was in a spot near a large party and they made a lot of noise and took a lot of our waiters time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014Difficult menu. Chef is trying too hard to combine European, Mediterranean, and Asian.Special Features:
- Amazing placehristohrDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary at Spago. Food was top notch, view was amazing eventhough we sat down after sunset. Service was outstanding as usual for all Four Season's properties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingtymaliciaDined on 9/12/2014We had decided on Spago for our wedding dinner and it did not disappoint. Everything from the moment we walked in was top notch. The staff is beyond friendly, and accommodating, the drinks were delicious, the food was everything and more. We plan to be back in Maui and will for sure ge back at Spago.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceScottVIPDined on 9/10/2014We ordered the organic chicken and its was delicious. Every time we come to maui we eat here. Service st the four seasons is always the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs helpfoodhappyDined on 9/9/2014Good food great view, not that great of a waitress, worst of our servers in 10 days of dinning on Maui.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & AtmosphereSteveTXDined on 9/8/2014I highly recommend Spago's when you visit Maui but be sure to make advance reservations. The food is top notch, creative and nicely presented. Waiters are very attentive and the atmosphere is perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntmanDined on 9/6/2014Very enjoyable. The waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and timely. Portions were larger than expected for high end dining. Neither of us could finish any of the courses. View was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to its reputationBigdog782VIPDined on 9/5/2014The kitchen is imaginative and lives up to its reputation as one of the best resort kitchens anywhere. Food preparation was tasty if a bit on the smaller side. The wine list is good but very overpriced. You should have a drink a the lobby bar at the Four Seasons before coming to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset view with fine diningTonyBVIPDined on 9/5/2014Everything about our meals and experience was perfect and exquisite. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotMKT2014Dined on 9/5/2014Spago Maui is a beautiful spot. Gorgeous view of the Pacific. It is the perfect spot for a sunset dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovedTravelBumDined on 9/3/2014We sat outside.. beautiful sunset & views from an awesome restaurant in a stunning hotel. Food was fantastic... the service was even better. The wine/drinks were perfect.. order the chocolate soufflé for dessert - you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb !GoodEatsDined on 9/2/2014View, Food, Service - amazing!! Must visit this place if you are near Maui.Special Features:
- Spago WaileaCJTravelerDined on 8/31/2014We showed up almost an hour and a half early but they managed to seat us with an ocean view outside as we had originally requested. I had the miso infused butterfish appetizer with avocado and a quails egg. It was very good. For our main courses, my husband had the Thai curry bowl and I had the Ahi. The bowl was bland. The ahi was good but nothing special. With 1 drink, the Bill came to $152 without tip. A bit pricey for the quality of food. Apart from the food and the Bill, the setting is beautiful. Spago is located in the Four Seasons Hotel and most of it opens up to ocean views. Stunning. Other reviewers criticized the wait staff but I must admit, ours was very good and highly attentive without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodCharleysDined on 8/30/2014Food was delicious. Best meal we had on Maui. Service was excellent. View stunning.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Our dinner was fantastic. We were celebrating an anniversary and were treated very special. The food was amazing and a great night all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DerrickOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Great food and views! The really know what the're doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014The service was a little spotty. The waiter was attentive, but it took a while for the food to arrive. My dish was schezwan style fish and it was a little too spicy for my palate. My girlfriend got the bolognese. The pasta was crunchy - brought new meaning to al dente, the sauce was minimal. She had to ask for more sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstanding overall.sp4MendyDined on 8/22/2014We go to Spago's at the Four Seasons Maui each year. It is our "special dinner". The restaurant did not disappoint. The menu was outstanding, and the wine list was fantastic. The service was outstanding, from the receptionist to the waiters to the manager who dropped by. The only criticism that we would offer is the selection of the background music, which was more fit for a dive bar than a high end restaurant in Hawaii where most of the patrons come for the view and the great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner on MauiFoodisGoodVIPDined on 8/18/2014We come to Spago Maui whenever we are in town. The wait staff is always polite and accommodating, and your wine guy, Darren, is the best! Chef Cameron always serves up the best meal on the island! Our favorite is the Seafood Thai dish - it is always amazing, fresh, and delicious! Thank you for providing a very special night for my husband's birthday!Special Features:
- In need of upgradeGillianVIPDined on 8/12/2014Wolfgang needs to visit ASAP. The Food, portions and service does not warrant exhorbatant prices. Nothing at the Maui Spago is up to the standard and reputation of Wolfgang Puck. Wolfgang should have The Four Seasons change the name of SPAGO and he should disassociate himself from this location.
- SpagoMauiDinerDined on 8/11/2014Overall, good experience. Expensive. Portions relatively small. Eclectic menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maui EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Wolfgang Puck's Spago in Maui was wonderful. The food was outstanding and the outdoor view was spectacular. Request an outside table for a truly memorable Hawaiian experience.Special Features:
- Does not get any better....rdrsjVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our favorite on Maui - ALWAYS! From the time you check in to leaving the restaurant, they make you feel part of the family. Bolognese - FANTASTIC, Tomato soup - FANTASTIC, Wagyu - good, pork chop - really good, ribeye - very good, ocean salad - fantastic!Special Features:
- Bas serviceQuediusDined on 8/5/2014While being well attended, arrived a table that take the attention of waiters and manager and our attendant disappear for the end of the dinner. That never happened to me at any restaurant.
- Perfect in every way!ArkeaterDined on 8/4/2014We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. The service was impeccable. The food was absolutely delicious. The view from our table was unbelievable! They did everything they could to make this one of the most memorable and enjoyable dining experiences we have ever had. The prices were over the top but then prices of everything in Maui are over the top. I would highly recommend Spago to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed everything, we live locally with allot of resturants to choose from and Spago's is one of our favorites. Service was exellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!jwilgaDined on 7/27/2014We loved it. The service and staff sought to make a memorable experience and their effort was 100% successful. This is totally worth every penny and more. Thank you to the entire staff for a memorable evening. We tell everyone about our experience at Spago.
- overpricedgoodVIPDined on 7/17/2014many will like but we did not, i prefer a stand alone restaurant and it is our fault for forgettting
- Perfect setting, perfect foodRdugirlDined on 7/10/2014Everything was perfect! We had a table looking out at the ocean. Th service was perfect. The food wonderful- tuna poke and seated ahi. Wine wonderful. Will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner with fantastic sunsetalbert8413Dined on 7/8/2014Even I did a mistake as I booked the wrong day we got a place at arrival. Service was very attentive. The food was good and the suggested wine was also perfect. We had the Wagyu, the free ranche chicken and the fish in the leaves (forgot the name). Prices as expected high but worth the quality.Special Features:
- Overpriced and under-deliveredFineDinerVIPDined on 7/6/2014Prices were extremely high, even for Maui ($48 entrees and $24 glasses of wine.) Server was overly "scripted" and stiff. You are paying for the beautiful setting at the Four Seasons, but the food was not worth the price and the service fell into the category of trying too hard. You really need to get an outdoor table if you go. Sitting inside makes it really feel not worthwhile.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants! Every bite of the food is delicious, the service is great, and of course the setting is perfect. I had the tomato soup and the curry, and both were excellent. I also really like their selection of breads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.