Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit
1777 Third Street
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Detroit
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgranddetroit.com/restaurants/wolfgangpucksteak/default.aspx
- Phone: (313) 465-1644
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit
Celebrated restaurateur and Master Chef Wolfgang Puck is perfecting the art of steak at Wolfgang Puck steak, offering a mouthwatering array of grilled steaks and other fine meat, shellfish, and roasted whole fresh fish offerings, as well as a selection of richly flavored sauces and side dishes.Continued
Please note that Wolfgang Puck Steak is located within the casino; guests must be 21+ to dine at Wolfgang Puck Steak.
Please note that Wolfgang Puck Steak is located within the casino; guests must be 21+ to dine at Wolfgang Puck Steak.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (27)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (15)late-night find (11)good for groups (10)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Highest quality in the DPleasantRidgeFoodieVIPDined on 11/19/2014I can't help remark that there really is no where else like this restaurant in Detroit. The QUALITY of service, class, food and drink are unparalleled in this area! Not a big red meat eater, the salads and soup and chicken dishes were unbelievable - Tuna Tartar app is a must for anyone just wanting a snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningannabelleDined on 11/18/2014As always, only complaint, waitress addressed my date as my husband, not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Time to Remember!luv2dineDined on 11/15/2014We had a lovely experience dining at the restaurant. The interior decorating was tasteful with a flare of elegance. Our wedge and caesar salads were fresh and delicious. Our filet mignons were prepared to perfection. Our sides of macaroni and cheese and creamed spinach were simply delectable. Nicole was our server and was accommodating throughout the evening. Kudos to the staff for making our dining experience a night to remember! I wanted to rate the restaurant outstanding in all categories, but I was unable to click on outstanding in all categories. The restaurant most definitely deserves OUTSTANDING in all categories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- motor cityfirstglance555Dined on 11/8/2014I've been there three other times this yime was the worst. We were sat next to a party of six which we were so close there was no privacy for us or them. The waiter seemed extremely busy and rushed to answer our questions. The food was great! Very noisy at the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCMMEDined on 11/8/2014Food was really good!! Had some problems with main corse taking to long and other peoples food coming to our table. The bread was amazing. I would go there again for the cornbread alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014One meal a filet was over cooked and was sent back the other meal the lamb chops were very fatty.Special Features:
- My secret gemPleasantRidgeFoodieVIPDined on 11/6/2014I eat here weekly. It is my secret treat to myself...I work hard and this place allows me to relax and enjoy. The quality of the food is unparalleled in this region. At peak hours, the bar staff is often overbooked, overworked, which as a patron sitting at the bar can be frustrating at times. I'm excited to return to have my Tuna Tartare next week!Special Features:
- Restaurant better than venueDinner4twoDined on 11/3/2014Dinner was very good but cigarette smoke odor from casino permeated the restaurant to the extent it was distracting from the meal. Vegas has figured this kind of thing out and one would have thought that this fairly new facility would have been much better, ventilation-wise. Steak was good though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014The swordfish was the best I've ever had ( and I am VERY picky ). The crab legs were a tad on the cool side when they arrived, but the waiter had that corrected within 5 min. They were also amazing. I can't wait to go back. I have been to a few other Wolfgang Pucks restaurants and thought they were just "ok", but this one at MGM in Detroit was outstanding !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent dining experience. Great menu choices. Table service was excellent, friendly and professional. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Black & Blue SteaksBabyTVIPDined on 10/31/2014Always the best! I love rib eyes! It is very hard to find a place that can make one (Black & Blue) Pittsburg style correctly. Here, it is perfect every time.Special Features:
- 49 year anniversaryDrCasabDined on 10/21/2014great place for my parents 49 year anniversary....everybody was great relaxing and very enjoyable...Special Features:
- AmzingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was the first time my wife and I had ever been to Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by the hostess, she was very friendly and we were seated right away. The service was wonderful and the food was fantastic. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. It was a wonderful experience and I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non-smokers DO NOT come here!lifeisgoodtravelVIPDined on 10/12/2014I understand that the restaurant is inside a casino; however, it does not attempt to isolate itself from smokers. Cigarette smell is very strong here. The smell made our food taste undesirable. Food overall is okay. Service is good.
- Not a "fine dining" experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I was very surprised that more restaurant options were not available. We were expecting a much more upscale dining experience as we were celebrating our anniversary and not just dropping in for an evening meal. Although the staff was friendly and did their best to fulfill their responsibilities it was definitely not what we expected from a Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse.We were not even asked if we cared for dessert let alone offered a free dessert since it was our anniversary.?? The prices did not reflect the quality of the meal...not poor food and temp was fine, just not a high quality of beef. Surroundings were loud and not relaxing. We have stayed many times at MGM in Las Vegas and feel that the food quality there is of higher quality by far
- MScott22Dined on 9/27/2014Great atmosphere....poor service. I usually never complain or give poor reviews but, our server was actually quite rude and flippant. While I would recommend this restaurant for the food and atmosphere. I definitely will not be returning due to the careless and defensive attitude from our waiter. Not pleased at all, the management staff addressed our concerns courteously and were very apologetic but the server never apologized or acknowledged our service issues. He made the atmosphere very uncomfortable as we left and stood silently and smuggly at the door. Extremely unprofessional. I've been to many high quality establishments and have never experienced service like this before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvoidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Despite a 7pm reservation, we weren't seated until 7:30. Bar staff slow despite low patron volume. 15 minutes to get a drink. Waiter was confrontational and rude. Waiter didn't tell us about specials or soups bus boys seemed hurried and were poor English speakers, kind of important since we had questions about our dinner. Items were forgot on order. To make it up, the Manger offered us free dessert, which, was already ordered by us because we chose this restaurant to celebrate a birthday. We were mislead in believing we were going to get a more special dessert. When asked to not be charged for anything because of the poor experience, the Manger replied, "well, you did eat the food, and you did enjoy it." my recommendation, avoid.
- Fabulous... Great ambiance...LadyJDined on 9/27/2014My sister, Husband and I had dinner here and the food was wonderful!! My husband ordered Swordfish and my sis and I had a taste of it and it was the best ever Swordfish I ever tried. I'm dying to get back there soon so that I can order that delicious Swordfish! The staff was very attentive, they were always in close distance so that u would not have to be looking around wondering where they are if there was anything u needed. Beautiful ambiance, despite the fact that this restaurant is inside a Casino... It was quite to the point that u would not believe that there is a Casino in sight.... Just loved everything about this place and look forward to my next dining experience there, which may be for my birthday, Oct 24th!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent food service, celebrated 50th birthday with 3 couples. Unique presentations, service and staff were outstanding, very attentive and accommodating. There is nothing to critique, a memorable experience, the wine room made it very special. Thanks Zack for upgrading us to the wine room, Keith for the apps, Laura for the great attentive service and the sommelier for recommending great wine for my friends. The cake was awesome!
- Motown excellencePleasantRidgeFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding food, ambience, and service, I don't know of any place that compares to this great restaurant in the Detroit areaSpecial Features:
- Best Steakwss25Dined on 9/5/2014Enjoy the soup and a side dish too. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Would have liked a little more space between tables for a little more privacy. They were too close to have an intimate conversation and we heard everyone else's conversation too easilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014service was slow getting a drink when we first sat down and we waited for some time to get the bill picked up after i put in my credit card---the steaks where good but i have had betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OPPSPaulDined on 8/16/2014They did not have my 600 reservation list from opentable , I ended eating at 630. I wonder HOW SCREWED UP. Food was outstanding and done as ordered.Special Features:
- RomanticExceptionalDined on 8/8/2014This is just what the Dr. Ordered for my anniversary dinner. The ambience was perfect and romantic. Every moment spent here was wonderful. I would definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Food DeliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014It took awhile for our food to arrive which was perplexing because my party was the first to arrive at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceJerryk1945Dined on 8/2/2014Good beer and wine selection service very good. No oyster disappointing and my ribeye was full of grizzle although my son had the same cit his was good. My wife loved her lobsterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average steakhouse, ExpensivetommyDined on 8/1/2014Garlic spinach was fantastic , steak was average , bread was great, dessert was good, good wine experience, price was too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our first time here. We will be coming back for sure! I highly recommend it. I really loved my tuna tartare for appetizer and my steak was perfectly seasoned and cooked. My wife really enjoyed her corn soup appetizer. Our service was really great too and they have excellent drinks! We didn't care much for the mashed potatoes but honestly that was a minor thing...otherwise everything else was 5/5 as we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 268 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit reviews archive.
- Another Score for Puck!GoalDined on 7/19/2014Well placed within the MGM, Puck's Steakhouse didn't disappoint. Clearly immune to the devastation that's visited Detroit, Puck has scored himself another solid restaurant, with excellent steak and other offerings. Service could be a bit better, but overall - a fantastic experience for 3 law school buddies looking to catch up at their annual get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LightingDeeDee07Dined on 7/17/2014The restaurant is the most romantic place, but the lighting as far as reading the menu needs attention. Everybody was looking for cell phones to use the light to read their menu or asking for a light which was not available. Lighting needs attention badly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steaks2raw2eatDined on 7/12/2014The first time we ate here, the food was awesome. I was so impressed, we came back with family. Unfortunately, this time the food was awful. Just the steaks, but at 42.00 a pop, you would expect so much more. I ordered mine medium rare, my daughter ordered hers medium well. Mine was more like medium raw, and hers was less cooked than mine!!! Very disappointing. Don't plan on going back.
- Lovely eveningannabelleDined on 7/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner at WPS. the server was super and Shaun was also over the top. Looking forward to dining there again......Thanks AllSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceKCincinnatiDined on 7/5/2014After we were sat no one ever came to the table. Someone cleaning tables nearby saw and got water for us, a few minutes later someone brought out the menus but didn't speak a word to is! 10 minutes later... Still no server, no drinks, no hello! My husband and I left! I will be glad to give my money to a better restaurant! I will never go back to this restaurant, ever.
- Wonderful Splurgekaz55Dined on 7/5/2014From the moment you are greeted by the hostess, Wolfgang Puck's steakhouse is truly first class. The atmosphere, the warm and sincere show of appreciation for each diner shines through. The food is scrumptious! The timing and the presentation of the meal, all add up to make a wonderful dining experience. I highly recommend this restaurant for a wonderful occasion or a night of romantic dining.Special Features:
- Wolfgang MGM DetroitAnnieDined on 7/4/2014The food was very good, but we found the ambience to be average considering this was a high end menu. The waitress we had was very efficient but we did not feel particularly special. Although I had indicated that it was my husbands birthday on the open-table reservation, we were asked by different folk if we were celebrating something special. I early on asked the waitress if I gave her my Mclub card the, she said not now. Then I forgot to give it to her with the bill and she never mentioned it. Iit was quite a deal to get the points added to my card. Although they did oblige. For the price they have a way to go to catch the other high end steak houses in the area.Special Features:
- foodlarrysteelDined on 6/30/2014on the several occasions I have dined at the MGM Wolfgang Puck, the main course has taken way too long. It is 35 to 40 minutes between the initial serving and the main course. My guests on each occasion expressed the same opinion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealJackVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have been to Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse at the MGM Detroit several times. Always have a great meal with great service.Special Features:
- marbareDined on 6/28/2014for the many many times of dining there this past Saturday was a disaster...I will never ever be back there......unbelievable
- Would've been great if normal priceSlugsEatsDined on 6/16/2014Too expensive for decent quality. Ribeye was good but everything else was decent.Special Features: