Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit
1777 Third Street
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgranddetroit.com/restaurants/wolfgangpucksteak/default.aspx
- Phone: 313-465-1644x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit
Celebrated restaurateur and Master Chef Wolfgang Puck is perfecting the art of steak at Wolfgang Puck steak, offering a mouthwatering array of grilled steaks and other fine meat, shellfish, and roasted whole fresh fish offerings, as well as a selection of richly flavored sauces and side dishes.Continued
Please note that Wolfgang Puck Steak is located within the casino; guests must be 21+ to dine at Wolfgang Puck Steak.
Please note that Wolfgang Puck Steak is located within the casino; guests must be 21+ to dine at Wolfgang Puck Steak.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (30)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent food service, celebrated 50th birthday with 3 couples. Unique presentations, service and staff were outstanding, very attentive and accommodating. There is nothing to critique, a memorable experience, the wine room made it very special. Thanks Zack for upgrading us to the wine room, Keith for the apps, Laura for the great attentive service and the sommelier for recommending great wine for my friends. The cake was awesome!
- Motown excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding food, ambience, and service, I don't know of any place that compares to this great restaurant in the Detroit areaSpecial Features:
- Best Steakwss25Dined on 9/5/2014Enjoy the soup and a side dish too. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Would have liked a little more space between tables for a little more privacy. They were too close to have an intimate conversation and we heard everyone else's conversation too easilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014service was slow getting a drink when we first sat down and we waited for some time to get the bill picked up after i put in my credit card---the steaks where good but i have had betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OPPSPaulDined on 8/16/2014They did not have my 600 reservation list from opentable , I ended eating at 630. I wonder HOW SCREWED UP. Food was outstanding and done as ordered.Special Features:
- RomanticExceptionalDined on 8/8/2014This is just what the Dr. Ordered for my anniversary dinner. The ambience was perfect and romantic. Every moment spent here was wonderful. I would definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Food DeliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014It took awhile for our food to arrive which was perplexing because my party was the first to arrive at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceJerryk1945Dined on 8/2/2014Good beer and wine selection service very good. No oyster disappointing and my ribeye was full of grizzle although my son had the same cit his was good. My wife loved her lobsterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average steakhouse, ExpensivetommyDined on 8/1/2014Garlic spinach was fantastic , steak was average , bread was great, dessert was good, good wine experience, price was too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our first time here. We will be coming back for sure! I highly recommend it. I really loved my tuna tartare for appetizer and my steak was perfectly seasoned and cooked. My wife really enjoyed her corn soup appetizer. Our service was really great too and they have excellent drinks! We didn't care much for the mashed potatoes but honestly that was a minor thing...otherwise everything else was 5/5 as we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Score for Puck!GoalDined on 7/19/2014Well placed within the MGM, Puck's Steakhouse didn't disappoint. Clearly immune to the devastation that's visited Detroit, Puck has scored himself another solid restaurant, with excellent steak and other offerings. Service could be a bit better, but overall - a fantastic experience for 3 law school buddies looking to catch up at their annual get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LightingDeeDee07Dined on 7/17/2014The restaurant is the most romantic place, but the lighting as far as reading the menu needs attention. Everybody was looking for cell phones to use the light to read their menu or asking for a light which was not available. Lighting needs attention badly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steaks2raw2eatDined on 7/12/2014The first time we ate here, the food was awesome. I was so impressed, we came back with family. Unfortunately, this time the food was awful. Just the steaks, but at 42.00 a pop, you would expect so much more. I ordered mine medium rare, my daughter ordered hers medium well. Mine was more like medium raw, and hers was less cooked than mine!!! Very disappointing. Don't plan on going back.
- Lovely eveningannabelleDined on 7/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner at WPS. the server was super and Shaun was also over the top. Looking forward to dining there again......Thanks AllSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceKCincinnatiDined on 7/5/2014After we were sat no one ever came to the table. Someone cleaning tables nearby saw and got water for us, a few minutes later someone brought out the menus but didn't speak a word to is! 10 minutes later... Still no server, no drinks, no hello! My husband and I left! I will be glad to give my money to a better restaurant! I will never go back to this restaurant, ever.
- Wonderful Splurgekaz55Dined on 7/5/2014From the moment you are greeted by the hostess, Wolfgang Puck's steakhouse is truly first class. The atmosphere, the warm and sincere show of appreciation for each diner shines through. The food is scrumptious! The timing and the presentation of the meal, all add up to make a wonderful dining experience. I highly recommend this restaurant for a wonderful occasion or a night of romantic dining.Special Features:
- Wolfgang MGM DetroitAnnieDined on 7/4/2014The food was very good, but we found the ambience to be average considering this was a high end menu. The waitress we had was very efficient but we did not feel particularly special. Although I had indicated that it was my husbands birthday on the open-table reservation, we were asked by different folk if we were celebrating something special. I early on asked the waitress if I gave her my Mclub card the, she said not now. Then I forgot to give it to her with the bill and she never mentioned it. Iit was quite a deal to get the points added to my card. Although they did oblige. For the price they have a way to go to catch the other high end steak houses in the area.Special Features:
- foodlarrysteelDined on 6/30/2014on the several occasions I have dined at the MGM Wolfgang Puck, the main course has taken way too long. It is 35 to 40 minutes between the initial serving and the main course. My guests on each occasion expressed the same opinion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealJackVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have been to Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse at the MGM Detroit several times. Always have a great meal with great service.Special Features:
- marbareDined on 6/28/2014for the many many times of dining there this past Saturday was a disaster...I will never ever be back there......unbelievable
- Would've been great if normal priceSlugsEatsDined on 6/16/2014Too expensive for decent quality. Ribeye was good but everything else was decent.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedjulieVIPDined on 6/15/2014After reading not so great reviews about Wolfgang steak house, we were a bit apprehensive. But from the moment we arrived the service and food did not disappoint. This is a steak house with a steak house menu, the restaurant itself is beautiful. Our waitress was fabulous as well as her waitstaff. Portions are nice sized, chocolate soufflé delicious. Old school yes, but who even serves it anymore?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frank129Dined on 6/13/2014great getaway within the casino. I fully recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the qualityIrishMikeDined on 6/7/2014I made reservations 4 weeks in advance. When we arrived we were asked to sit in the bar area close to the entrance and by the noise of the casino. We declined and requested a table in the main dining area. Becasue of this request, I anticipated the restaurant being very busy with few tables available. I was surprised to find that only a few tables were occupied. The food was average. The potatoes were obviously instant. The $12 salad was served with several large chunks of unchopped lettuce. The steaks did not compare in flavor or quality to steaks offered by Ruth's Chris or Capital Grille, as would be expected based on the price of $49. Generally, the experience was ok, but with a final bill of $150 for two, ok is not good enough.
- Entrees only!DDinerDined on 5/31/2014Salads and side items were not that great, But the entrees were delicious. Mac and cheese had no taste to it. Mashed potatoes were very good. Prime rib was excellent. Salads were not tasty at all.
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014The food was excellent, our waiter (Tom) was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorridOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Ordered the bone in stirp steak cooked medium ($72.00) and was served well done, the waitress never checked back on us. Not only was the steak overcooked it tasted like it was reheated. This restuarant is overpriced, overrated and Taco Bell has better customer service. When this house of dog food first opened and service was exceptionlal and the steaks were properly cooked, what happened? The creamed spinach was runny and steakhouse salad with blue cheese salad dressing makes no sense. I cannot believe Wolfgang Puck has his name on this restaurant.
- Great dinnerKrissyg1983Dined on 5/30/2014We came for a friends birthday for dinner. Not a single thing was a disappointment. From the bread basket to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!KatydidDined on 5/29/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. It was his first experience with particular Wolfgang Pucks. They accommodated my request for a quiet table and the service couldn't have been more friendly and attentive. The food was well-prepared and nicely presented. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse - MGM Grand Detroit reviews archive.
- foodiefrommtclemDined on 5/24/2014The server and atmosphere was great however the food, not so great. Both spinach sides were awful. Cold and too much garlic in one and cream was cooked in with the other. My 12oz. rib eye was thin and dry even though it was cooked med. Thanks but no thanks. If food was cooked better I wouldn't mind the price. Bunch of amateurs in the kitchen. Frank BionfoSpecial Features:
- Date NightlikefinediningDined on 5/16/2014The ambiance is great for a special evening. The food was fantastic. Ordered the sword fish and it was big enough for two people. The New York strip was perfectly cooked. The Mac & Cheese is a must.Special Features:
- Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I rarely order steak at restaurants as I always feel I can prepare it better (steak and wine snob I know), but I can honestly say I wasn't disappointed with my choice at Steak, and I discovered a delicious new French winery I wasn't aware of. Not a cheap visit, but it's in line with prices of other high-end steak houses. Steak is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER OUT WITH FRIENDSTERRYH1960Dined on 5/10/2014MY HUSBAND WENT TO DINNER WITH SOME FRIENDS THIS WAS A NICE THANK YOU FOR A FAVOR THEY HAD DONE FOR US. THE RESTAURANT WAS VERY CLEAN WE WERE SEATED VERY QUICKLY ( WE HD RESERVATIONS) IT WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE. IT TOOK ABOUT 10 MINUTES BEFORE ANYONE CAME TO OUR TABLE WE WERE GIVEN WATER AND ORDERED DRINKS THE DRINKS TOOK 15 MORE TO SHOW UP AT THE TABLE. NO BREAD FOR ABOUT 15 MORE MIN. THE FOOD CAME ABOUT 25 MINS AFTER WE ORDERED IT AND WAS OK AT THE BEST. A BIT OVER PRICED WOULD NOT GO BACK AGAIN FLEMINGS STEAK HOUSE IS A MUCH BETTER CHOICE.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2014We went to Wolfgang Puck's to celebrate our Anniversary and it was top notch! Mouth watering, delicious food, beautiful atmosphere. They decorated our chocolate souffle dessert with Anniversary wishes. Enjoyed everything about our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good valueKidDocDMCVIPDined on 5/3/2014For the money, expected better food. Salads and sides were lacking. Steaks were OK. Wine was a good value with a good selection.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The meal itself was good, but the waitress told us "we have a party of 50 here tonight, so if you want your food in a timely fashion, you should order appetizer & dinner quickly". Then she never brought the salads we ordered & when out food came out it was brought out not all together & by wait staff that was very confused. They gave everyone the wrong food & to top it off couldn't even speak English well enough for us to understand what they were even saying. For the price of the meal, the level of service was quite poor, more of what I expect from a chain like outback or Olive Garden. Glad I came to eat there once, but will not return.Special Features:
- Been here many timesJackVIPDined on 4/25/2014This is our 4th or 5th visit to Wolfgang Puck Steakhouse. We enjoy coming here very much and will come back again. This time we split the Angus Filet, the Butter Lettuce Salad, Mac and Cheese, and the Mushroom Side Dish. Everything was excellent. We arrived at 10:15 PM and we were out of there within an hour. We wanted to dine but did not want to drag it out. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- A true dining experienceeeitrendDined on 4/25/2014This is the way dining should be. The atmosphere is excellent. The service is first class and they don't rush you through your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Steak HouseatwillDined on 4/18/2014Wolfgang Puck Steak House in the MGM Grand Detroit is a casual, louder than most and comfortable environment. We arrived expecting a more subdued dinning experience than the rather open-plan kind of seating. The service was ok and food better than average. It was nice to see a younger crowd than the typical steak house. This isn't the place for a private romantic dinner with bench seating with multiple tables in a row. The lobster/crab Louie salad was wonderful, Angus Beef Filet Mignon perfectly prepared. Dessert was more than enough for two servings and adequate taste experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.