Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert
73-130 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/casual-dining/wolfgang-puck-pizza-|-bar/80116/section-overview
- Phone: (760) 568-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Thurs 11am - 9pm
Fri - Sat 11am - 10pm
Lunch served until 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Scott Wallen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV's and music throughout the dining room
- Special Events: Please give us a call! We're happy to work with you on any and all of your special event needs.
A word from Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert
From legendary chef Wolfgang Puck, his newest culinary concept, Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar. This charming restaurant offers a full bar and extensive menu featuring delicious pastas, salads, oven-roasted dishes and the master chef's signature pizzas. The rustic feel and moderate prices will give you a sense of ease and comfort, and with dishes that incorporate local flavors there's sure to be something for everybody. Everyone will feel right at home at Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (15)hot spot (14)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)romantic (4)Show More
- Usually great service, not so much this timeTravelBugVIPDined on 11/15/2014We come here often for lunch and LOVE it but we came for dinner the other night for a change. The food and service are always excellent but we found the service to be lacking this night. Our server appeared before we barely settled into our seats asking what we'd like to order. We ordered drinks which came very quickly and again she asked if we were ready to order so we picked an appetizer and then she asked what we wanted for our mains. In hindsight we should have said we're in no rush but we felt pressured to order so we did. The pastas were excellent and we took home leftovers but we were in and out of there in 50 minutes. Not relaxing or enjoyable at all - none of the other tables seemed rushed and ther were plenty of empty tables available. Will be back for lunch but not for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our first visitFirsttimevisitDined on 11/8/2014We had heard good things about Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar and decided to finally check it out. Our 2 pizzas were delicious and the burger we had was just as good. It was an enjoyable experience, the food was tasty but what really had us take notice was the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff.Special Features:
- Excellent servicemccate8Dined on 11/8/2014We had a special birthday lunch and all the food was amazing and so was the serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableSitdowncomedyVIPDined on 11/7/2014The food is always fresh and delicious. Our server, Brandi, is as good as it gets. Friendly, attentive and helpful with suggestions. We dine there often and are always pleased with our experience. It can get a bit noisy inside when there are large groups but the place is energetic.Special Features:
- Fun and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/7/2014Great pizzas. Wonderful friendly service. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!DesertdarlingsDined on 11/2/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday at the restaurant and we were treated like royalty. Our waiter was sweet and thoughtful & made us all thrilled that we picked Wolfgang's to have our party. The food was outstanding and his surprise dessert was over the moon good!!! Thank you and we will return often--I have already recommended the restaurant several times. Please don't change a thing! TLCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 10/26/2014Our first visit to Wolfganf Puck Pizza Bar will not be our last! The appetizers were outstanding especially the warm goat cheese one. We probably could have just had two of those and called it a night. Pizzas were good but we prefer thin crust pizzas. Our server (Tina) was personable and outstanding and helped make the meal more enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza!VetyExyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Enjoyed my lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar! Actually, a rather large-size restaurant on upscale El Paseo, in Palm Desert. Pizza was good and dessert of doughnuts and gelato lots of fun!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014From the host to the bartender to the waiter to the chef and the general manager- this place was amazing! Great people, great food!!! Thank you for making our evening so very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misses the markVeggie78VIPDined on 9/20/2014Unfortunately, the chef and kitchen staff must not be aware of how to prepare certain foods. When we asked to add burrata to our pizza, they melted the burrata into the sauce and served it that way. The point of burrata is to eat it cold and whole or in pieces so you can taste the cream. When we mentioned this, our server let the kitchen know. We did appreciate it after she had them remove a pizza and add free dessert to the bill, but if you're looking for an environment that understands foodies, this isn't it. Wolfgang Puck should probably make sure his kitchen staff understands foods, rather than just adding his name to the front door.Special Features:
- Enjoying the neighborhood barDorothy1916Dined on 9/18/2014We are fans of Wolfgang'Puck Pizza Bar in Palm Desert. Eat there often. It was nice that the kitchen could accommodate our request to make the pizza with thin crust...which as it turned out gave a larger pizza. Menu has a nice, well rounded fare to choose from. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryguyhungryguyDined on 9/17/2014Consistent, fun bar atmosphere for relaxed, casual gatheringSpecial Features:
- Quiet Saturday NightElyseVIPDined on 9/13/2014Restaurant was very quiet on a Saturday night. Food was good-- nothing too special though. Service was good, server was attentive and nice. Would be a little more exciting and more of an enjoyable experience to be a guest when the restaurant was a tad bit busier.Special Features:
- We had a great time.SalsagirlDined on 9/3/2014We had a bit of trouble with our food. My pizza was way overdone. My friend's steak had some not universally tasty sauce on it. Who wants a strange taste on your steak. It should be on the side. The pasta my friend ordered was great. They were gracious and took the food back. My friend with the steak, loved the potatoes and wanted them left for him to eat while they were redoing the steak, but it took many requests and quite a bit of time to get them. When we finally got our food, it was very good! The staff made up for all the trouble by giving us all dessert. They turned down the sound for me which is more important than perfect service. All was perfect the last time I was there.Special Features:
- Wolfgang pucksDancinfrankDined on 9/1/2014Food was very good. Really enjoyed it but the atmosphere and ambience is boring. Poor restaurant design would return for food but the decor is a deterrent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014The last 3 times I've been there, the food is awful. This time they had a large party they were serving. They brought 1 dish out at a time for 15 people. Our waiter kept telling us it would be a little longer due to the large group they were serving. The restaurant was 75% empty.
- Real GemBruceDined on 8/30/2014Great new restaurant and concept. Food quality was extremely good and the portions are huge- really too much to eat. Hope to see this expanded elsewhere like on the Big Island of Hawaii that is desperate for this in the Kailua-Kona-and/or Kohala Coast area. Prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Consistantly GOODDesertDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is consistant in food, service and quality. All good. Try their decadent donut desert if you have room after your meal!Special Features:
- Great placelovetoeatVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food and service was fantastic. We arrived before 6 and we were able to participate in the happy hour special apps and pizza all half off. It was a great way to try new things at a great priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubbaDined on 8/9/2014Arrived at 2000. At 2100, told kitchen closing and we had to order then closed by the time dessert order attempted to be placed. Ridiculous! No atmosphere. With all the good restaurants in the Palm Desert environs, even the ones open in the summer, would never return to this place.
- JJParisDined on 8/3/2014We have eaten at various Wolfgang Puck restaurant's in the past and the one at Palm Desert lived up to the Wolfgang reputation. That is, providing quality food and a pleasant and enjoyable atmosphere. Our lunch at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant was served in a reasonable amount of time. it was high quality meeting our expectations.Special Features:
- Expensive but goodKarLarVIPDined on 8/1/2014Interesting and tasteful white bean hummus. Chicken dishes were good. All items expensive. Service slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 173 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert reviews archive.
- Dinner with my GranddaughtersDine4funDined on 7/15/2014My granddaughters love pizza so we decided to try Wolfgang Pucks. I have eaten at some of their other places and had been wanting to try this newest one. The food was delicious....we all had a margarita pizza and cesear salad and had to try their French fries which were amazing. We topped it off with dessert....the berry and peach cobble (yummy)' the chocolate cake (my younger granddaughters favorite) and the sugared donuts, which were savored to the last bite. Great place and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Upscale BistroPalmSpringsFoodieDined on 7/7/2014The menu is fairly limited for lunch: customize your own pizza, sandwiches and salads. A full bar is available. On the pricey side for single serving pizzas and sandwiches, but the quality is what you would expect from Wolfgang Puck and therefore worth the price. The staff was solicitous. There was only one brief waiter absence when the main meal was over and we couldn't find him to order dessert, but that was only about five minutes. Dinner has a slightly wider selection of items on the menu, such as some very nice pastas and this time for lunch. I'll be back soon. I ordered the pesto pizza with lamb sausage and red onion. The sausage was nicely seasoned and the onions were extremely thin. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza for a weekend brunchronniem1971VIPDined on 7/5/2014I've been to W/Puck's on El Paseo before but my husband had not. We went on a recent Sunday for brunch. We shared a very nice Caesar salad with grilled shrimp. the romaine leaves were very fresh & crunchy .. the dressing was excellent and the grilled shrimp very tasty and most importantly, very fresh. We each ordered an individual pizza (w/white sauce) and John enjoyed his .. mine was excellent. We had a couple pieces each left & took them home, warmed them very quickly in a hot pan and enjoyed them for dinner as well. Will look forward to going back soon and trying some of the pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer SeasonsherDined on 7/4/2014Not fair to rate this restaurant as middle of summer season in the desert!!
- Gem In The Desert!luvgreatfoodDined on 7/4/2014We look for a new place each time we come to the desert. Did not know there was a Wolfgang Puck restaurant there! One person in our party had eaten at a Wolfgang Puck in Las Vegas and talked us into going. We were so glad we did! Easy to find on El Paseo. Everything we ate was wonderful! Large variety of appetizers, salads, pizzas and pastas. Great wine list. Staff was extremely friendly. Romantic yet friendly decor. Really nice dinner. Will definitely go there again next trip to the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summer is good herePuckPalDined on 7/4/2014They have rolled out a great new menu in addition to the regular menu, great duo's for lunch, they are on top of it here, even off season! No slackers! Just good food
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencejimboDined on 7/3/2014The evening was a wonderful dining experience particularly to our out of town guests. Service and overall knowledge by the waitress was noted. As an appetizer, the white bean hummus is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food at Great PriceJohnVIPDined on 6/30/2014I had a quick bite on my own at this restaurant. I sat at the bar and the service and overall staff interaction was great. Its an off time of year in Palm Desert, so the place was not full. I had an incredible salad and pizza - perfect portion size and seasoning. It was my second visit to this place and I would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- shermieDined on 6/27/2014Horrible service, among the worst ever. Inattentive don't give a damn attitude. This reflects poor management and poor training.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2014Unexpectedly excellent. IPA beer was the best, linguini was superb.Special Features:
- another dud arrives in the desertappreciatequalityDined on 6/21/2014Does Wolfgang think his name so awesome it will make up for poor service and food? Apparently. So we're left with a corporate dud that offers nothing we can't find down the street for less money and better quality. If Puck thinks he can get by with mediocre food by preying on the tourist market in a tourist town, he hasn't learned much about his own business. Although it has grown a lot, the Coachella Valley is still a small town in which news travels fast. Since dining at Wolfgang's I have talked with several other locals who shared my opinion of the restaurant, and all of them said he won't last.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/21/2014nothing special here....food is good, not great, same with the service. Fine for a quick lunch if you're in the area, but don't go out of your way.
- Finally-Live Music on a Week Night!JenPDDined on 6/18/2014It's about time a desert restaurant sees the potential in live music on a weekday night - serving a younger demographic. It was busy, the vibe was great, the food & drinks were great. This should be the norm. Only complaint, the Mussles recipe changed! Why?! We liked the spicy broth, now it's a fishy broth. Not happy.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceEnzyteBobDined on 6/15/2014Went on Father's Day, restaurant was practically empty. Waited 20 minutes for someone to stop by the table and ask for drinks. It was difficult to get any service throughout the meal despite having hardly any tables to wait on. Food took about an hour to arrive, but tasted good. I wouldn't return due to poor service.
- it was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We had high expectations going to a restaurant with Wolfgang Puck as the name. I ordered 2 of the beers that were on the menu but the restaurant was out. Two of us were going to order an item with turkey and the restaurant was also out of that item. There was no apology given and management never came to the table to apologize. Not the service or meal I was expecting.Special Features:
- Pretty good.... but...BarbTDined on 6/8/2014I read a couple previous reviews and noticed that some people complained about the restaurant being "out" of some things on the menu. And, sure enough, I ordered a Stella and they were out. I was also surprised at the disparity of the dessert items. I ordered the Pots de creme and my husband had the strawberry-rhubarb cobbler. The cobbler was really large and the pots de creme was a little demitasse cup. But as it turns out the pots de creme was very rich and you wouldn't want any more but it looked funny when they served it. We'll go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best on El PaseoPeteGinSDVIPDined on 6/7/2014We always enjoy eating here when we are in town for the weekends. This has been a welcome addition to El Paseo - some of the other restaurants down the street had gotten stale and declined in the quality of their food. WP has stepped up and filled that gap. Good food throughout the menu and friendly servers and managers make it a great place to eat. Surprised it isn't even more crowded than it isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PS Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014This restaurant was on the PS Restaurant Week and we had been wanting to try it. Upon entering the restaurant we were greeted by an enthusiastic server who immediately seated us, gave us menus and served us our wine. The atmosphere is laid back and friendly. We ordered from the special restaurant week menu and found our appetizers and entrees to be delicious as well as nicely presented although a little on the scant side. No bread was served although if we had ordered a pizza, I doubt that we would have missed it. We thought the service was especially friendly and well-paced. Would the service be improved if the wait staff knew who had ordered what? We would definitely come back to try the pizza. It really looked delicious.Special Features: