Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert
73-130 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/casual-dining/wolfgang-puck-pizza-|-bar/80116/section-overview
- Phone: 760-568-2700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Thurs 11am - 9pm
Fri - Sat 11am - 10pm
Lunch served until 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Scott Wallen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV's and music throughout the dining room
- Special Events: Please give us a call! We're happy to work with you on any and all of your special event needs.
A word from Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert
From legendary chef Wolfgang Puck, his newest culinary concept, Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar. This charming restaurant offers a full bar and extensive menu featuring delicious pastas, salads, oven-roasted dishes and the master chef's signature pizzas. The rustic feel and moderate prices will give you a sense of ease and comfort, and with dishes that incorporate local flavors there's sure to be something for everybody. Everyone will feel right at home at Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (9)great for brunch (9)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014The last 3 times I've been there, the food is awful. This time they had a large party they were serving. They brought 1 dish out at a time for 15 people. Our waiter kept telling us it would be a little longer due to the large group they were serving. The restaurant was 75% empty.
- Real GemBruceDined on 8/30/2014Great new restaurant and concept. Food quality was extremely good and the portions are huge- really too much to eat. Hope to see this expanded elsewhere like on the Big Island of Hawaii that is desperate for this in the Kailua-Kona-and/or Kohala Coast area. Prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Consistantly GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is consistant in food, service and quality. All good. Try their decadent donut desert if you have room after your meal!Special Features:
- Great placelovetoeatVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food and service was fantastic. We arrived before 6 and we were able to participate in the happy hour special apps and pizza all half off. It was a great way to try new things at a great priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubbaDined on 8/9/2014Arrived at 2000. At 2100, told kitchen closing and we had to order then closed by the time dessert order attempted to be placed. Ridiculous! No atmosphere. With all the good restaurants in the Palm Desert environs, even the ones open in the summer, would never return to this place.
- JJParisDined on 8/3/2014We have eaten at various Wolfgang Puck restaurant's in the past and the one at Palm Desert lived up to the Wolfgang reputation. That is, providing quality food and a pleasant and enjoyable atmosphere. Our lunch at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant was served in a reasonable amount of time. it was high quality meeting our expectations.Special Features:
- Expensive but goodKarLarVIPDined on 8/1/2014Interesting and tasteful white bean hummus. Chicken dishes were good. All items expensive. Service slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my GranddaughtersDine4funDined on 7/15/2014My granddaughters love pizza so we decided to try Wolfgang Pucks. I have eaten at some of their other places and had been wanting to try this newest one. The food was delicious....we all had a margarita pizza and cesear salad and had to try their French fries which were amazing. We topped it off with dessert....the berry and peach cobble (yummy)' the chocolate cake (my younger granddaughters favorite) and the sugared donuts, which were savored to the last bite. Great place and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Upscale BistroPalmSpringsFoodieDined on 7/7/2014The menu is fairly limited for lunch: customize your own pizza, sandwiches and salads. A full bar is available. On the pricey side for single serving pizzas and sandwiches, but the quality is what you would expect from Wolfgang Puck and therefore worth the price. The staff was solicitous. There was only one brief waiter absence when the main meal was over and we couldn't find him to order dessert, but that was only about five minutes. Dinner has a slightly wider selection of items on the menu, such as some very nice pastas and this time for lunch. I'll be back soon. I ordered the pesto pizza with lamb sausage and red onion. The sausage was nicely seasoned and the onions were extremely thin. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza for a weekend brunchronniem1971VIPDined on 7/5/2014I've been to W/Puck's on El Paseo before but my husband had not. We went on a recent Sunday for brunch. We shared a very nice Caesar salad with grilled shrimp. the romaine leaves were very fresh & crunchy .. the dressing was excellent and the grilled shrimp very tasty and most importantly, very fresh. We each ordered an individual pizza (w/white sauce) and John enjoyed his .. mine was excellent. We had a couple pieces each left & took them home, warmed them very quickly in a hot pan and enjoyed them for dinner as well. Will look forward to going back soon and trying some of the pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer SeasonsherDined on 7/4/2014Not fair to rate this restaurant as middle of summer season in the desert!!
- Gem In The Desert!luvgreatfoodDined on 7/4/2014We look for a new place each time we come to the desert. Did not know there was a Wolfgang Puck restaurant there! One person in our party had eaten at a Wolfgang Puck in Las Vegas and talked us into going. We were so glad we did! Easy to find on El Paseo. Everything we ate was wonderful! Large variety of appetizers, salads, pizzas and pastas. Great wine list. Staff was extremely friendly. Romantic yet friendly decor. Really nice dinner. Will definitely go there again next trip to the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summer is good herePuckPalDined on 7/4/2014They have rolled out a great new menu in addition to the regular menu, great duo's for lunch, they are on top of it here, even off season! No slackers! Just good food
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencejimboDined on 7/3/2014The evening was a wonderful dining experience particularly to our out of town guests. Service and overall knowledge by the waitress was noted. As an appetizer, the white bean hummus is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food at Great PriceJohnVIPDined on 6/30/2014I had a quick bite on my own at this restaurant. I sat at the bar and the service and overall staff interaction was great. Its an off time of year in Palm Desert, so the place was not full. I had an incredible salad and pizza - perfect portion size and seasoning. It was my second visit to this place and I would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- shermieDined on 6/27/2014Horrible service, among the worst ever. Inattentive don't give a damn attitude. This reflects poor management and poor training.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2014Unexpectedly excellent. IPA beer was the best, linguini was superb.Special Features:
- another dud arrives in the desertappreciatequalityDined on 6/21/2014Does Wolfgang think his name so awesome it will make up for poor service and food? Apparently. So we're left with a corporate dud that offers nothing we can't find down the street for less money and better quality. If Puck thinks he can get by with mediocre food by preying on the tourist market in a tourist town, he hasn't learned much about his own business. Although it has grown a lot, the Coachella Valley is still a small town in which news travels fast. Since dining at Wolfgang's I have talked with several other locals who shared my opinion of the restaurant, and all of them said he won't last.
- Finally-Live Music on a Week Night!JenPDDined on 6/18/2014It's about time a desert restaurant sees the potential in live music on a weekday night - serving a younger demographic. It was busy, the vibe was great, the food & drinks were great. This should be the norm. Only complaint, the Mussles recipe changed! Why?! We liked the spicy broth, now it's a fishy broth. Not happy.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceEnzyteBobDined on 6/15/2014Went on Father's Day, restaurant was practically empty. Waited 20 minutes for someone to stop by the table and ask for drinks. It was difficult to get any service throughout the meal despite having hardly any tables to wait on. Food took about an hour to arrive, but tasted good. I wouldn't return due to poor service.
- it was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We had high expectations going to a restaurant with Wolfgang Puck as the name. I ordered 2 of the beers that were on the menu but the restaurant was out. Two of us were going to order an item with turkey and the restaurant was also out of that item. There was no apology given and management never came to the table to apologize. Not the service or meal I was expecting.Special Features:
- Pretty good.... but...BarbTDined on 6/8/2014I read a couple previous reviews and noticed that some people complained about the restaurant being "out" of some things on the menu. And, sure enough, I ordered a Stella and they were out. I was also surprised at the disparity of the dessert items. I ordered the Pots de creme and my husband had the strawberry-rhubarb cobbler. The cobbler was really large and the pots de creme was a little demitasse cup. But as it turns out the pots de creme was very rich and you wouldn't want any more but it looked funny when they served it. We'll go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best on El PaseoPeteGinSDDined on 6/7/2014We always enjoy eating here when we are in town for the weekends. This has been a welcome addition to El Paseo - some of the other restaurants down the street had gotten stale and declined in the quality of their food. WP has stepped up and filled that gap. Good food throughout the menu and friendly servers and managers make it a great place to eat. Surprised it isn't even more crowded than it isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PS Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014This restaurant was on the PS Restaurant Week and we had been wanting to try it. Upon entering the restaurant we were greeted by an enthusiastic server who immediately seated us, gave us menus and served us our wine. The atmosphere is laid back and friendly. We ordered from the special restaurant week menu and found our appetizers and entrees to be delicious as well as nicely presented although a little on the scant side. No bread was served although if we had ordered a pizza, I doubt that we would have missed it. We thought the service was especially friendly and well-paced. Would the service be improved if the wait staff knew who had ordered what? We would definitely come back to try the pizza. It really looked delicious.Special Features:
- Wrong address on Open Table & YelpausYUVIPDined on 6/1/2014when you use an iPhone. The actuall address is correct, but when you push to use navigation, it leads you to the wrong place. Food is very good. The Proscuitto burrata is awesome and a large plate. The sorbet cart is as good as it looks.Special Features:
- FrancineWVIPDined on 5/24/2014It is a great restaurant for locals, and the service is really good. My husband and I go often and I am never disappointed by the experience. Even when there was a problem with me getting my Open Table credit, it was quickly resolved.Special Features:
- Excellent spotPuckPalDined on 5/21/2014Sometimes we find ourselves here more than a couple of times a week, The staff is always spot on and for lunch you can't beat the people watching and car watching, a bit like the old Rodeo Drive vibe, before the tourists completely took over. This is the perfect place off season as well, shorter wait, yet the same great service. The help does not leave the valley come May! Love it, Can you tell!Special Features:
- Wouldn't go backSophieVIPDined on 5/14/2014The server was very good but the food is just ok. I was charged $20 for a glass of Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay , it is on the menu at $14, the server didn't tell me the 9oz was more money. It is unclear on the menu. Wolfgang only visits this location twice a year which in my opinion is not enough. He needs to be more involved and bring the food quality up! There are many other much better restaurants in the desert to choose from. We will not go back to this one.
- I'm going backDesertwildflowerDined on 5/10/2014Food is delicious. Loved the combo of calamari along with pepperoncinis. Great combo. Nice wine list. Good for vegetarians and gluten free alike. Gluten free pizza is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialBetteVIPDined on 5/6/2014wouldn't rush back....caesar salad was disappointing...sausage pizza had just a few small crumbles of sausage.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Palm Desert reviews archive.
- Better than beforeDesertDinerDined on 5/2/2014On my previous visits I would not recommend this restaurant. However, now that they have been open a while the service and food have gotten better. Nice for casual dining on the patio but I would not say that this restaurant is worthy of the Wolfgang Puck name. Nothing special but nice for casua patio ambiance . I would got back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd chancebarmanDined on 4/21/2014Very nice service. However, I had the Eggplant Parmesan which was just fair. Too much cheese, underseasoned, slices of eggplant too thick. On the positive side, I liked the presentation in the small "skillet". Quite limited beer choices. No stouts or porters, although I enjoyed the dark lager that I had. My dining mates both had pizzas...no complaints(however,no raves), but I did not taste theirs. Very good beet salad, that we shared. Overall an OK experience, but nothing special.
- Hutch77Hutch77VIPDined on 4/16/2014Food was ver good, service needs help. I'm ok waiting for food and drinks as long as we are getting the proper communication, our server was no where to be seen. The restaurant was not even half full. Expected a little more service wise, food was great.Special Features:
- Fun EveningSteveDined on 4/10/2014The food is delicious and the service is friendly and professional. Good vibe!Special Features:
- Great as usualJoeyVIPDined on 4/9/2014This is our second visit and I ordered the same thing. My observation, the Calamari seems very small not like the first time. Mr. AngI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening OutMarkDined on 4/5/2014Fun night out with my wife. Great booth at the back so it wasn't too noisey. Nice not to be distracted by TV's around the bar area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried Wolfgang's 5-6 times now...BOMBAYVIPDined on 4/4/2014OK, since you asked, I will give you review. We have been going since opening, most of my friends don't care for, for a variety of reasons. Friday night was a disaster. Service slow. The food was decent, except if we've been 6 times, 3 times we have had ONE meal not show up. And when it does it's cold. Turned the cold pizza back, hoping for a quick heat up, and while we ALL took our time to finish our meal, and were told no less than three times by waiter and manager (just wait 2 more min), turned out to be 20, we all ate SLOW, but STILL all finished, when brought back. Husband told waiter to forget it. They brought it and offered to TAKE OFF BILLING. Asked for bill, didn't eat it but took home, it was ON OUR CHECK.
- consistently good for lunchkarinDined on 3/30/2014have eaten there a couple of times for lunch, salads are always good, service is friendlySpecial Features:
- There's much better pizza out theresushikoDined on 3/29/2014The atmosphere and service were very good. Nice outside patio area. We had several pizzas which were just ok, good but not great. Also the toppings covered only about 2/3 of the pizza with alot of plain crust. The topping selection was interesting but not great flavor and the crust again was not that great. Would not suggest this place for pizza. I heard some of their other dishes were pretty good but hesitant to come back and try because if your calling yourself a pizzeria then I think you should have great pizza. Nice try Wolfgang but you should taste your own food sometime.
- Great food terrible front deskOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We dined this week. Great food, nice staff,excellent wine. Enjoyed all...except front desk. We had to wait for our table even though we had reservation. We arrived one early hoping to sit, but told too crowded, yet a third of the tables were open. When we dined at our time, there was still one third of all tables open. Wasting a great place by a screwed up front desk seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.