Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Greensboro
607 Green Valley Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Greensboro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/casual-dining/wolfgang-puck-pizza-|-bar/77950/section-overview
- Phone: (336) 854-0301
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri – 11:30am-10pm
Lunch Served Until 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Scott Wallen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please give us a call! We're happy to help you with all of your special event needs.
A word from Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Greensboro
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar is located in the Greensboro’s Friendly Center. You’re sure to feel cozy and comfortable in the rustic atmosphere where the warm colors and friendly service will make you feel right at home. Enjoy innovative Italian-inspired dishes and of course, the master chef’s famed signature pizzas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (24)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (17)special occasion (16)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (7)romantic (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- LorettaDined on 11/22/2014New menu and new management. We had excellent service and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location, good foodtarheelVIPDined on 11/19/2014Met up with friends here for lunch. Server was very nice, food came out quick and was tasty with good portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDaveDined on 11/15/2014Good pizza crust but very skimpy toppings. Service very inattentive. Asked two servers for a cup of coffee and never received. Witnessed two surrounding tables comped for poor service and dis satisfaction with food. Lots of potential but falls short
- Wolfgang Puck Greensboro service deficienciesPierreDined on 11/14/2014To start I (we) love this restaurant. However it seems that most of the servers, majority female, present themselves to be better than the people they are serving. They have a snarky, stuck up flippant attitude. This is not the first time either. We have eaten here just shy of a dozen occasions and each time this has been my wife and my take away. Service is a bit slow and unattentive. Two perfect examples: we were celebrating a birthday so we brought in Maxie B cupcakes. They gave them to us 8 cupcakes on a 1 plate. They never came back around so we could ask for extra plates. We had to clumsly eat them using our hands and napkins as a plate. We also had appetizers prior to our meal. When we asked for a new fork and knife you could tell that she (our server) was very put out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous pizzajmjrVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great Greensboro restaurant. I am vegan and staff went out of their way to accommodate. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, As UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014I have eaten here a few different times for dinner and was always pleased with the service and food. My lunch experience was just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!TomasDined on 10/11/2014Food, atmosphere and service are outstanding! Our waiter Paul always goes above and beyond. Very knowledgeable about the wine list and menu.Special Features:
- mypalatteDined on 10/1/2014Enjoyable atmosphere , good food, reasonable service, and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great wait staffjohnJVIPDined on 9/30/2014One of the things that differentiates a good restaurant from a great one is the level of service. Our attentive waiter made the evening's meal a great one!Special Features:
- Not as good as beforeSkipVIPDined on 9/29/2014We have eaten there several times and always enjoyed it. On this occasion the pizza was tough and lacked sufficient ingredients.Special Features:
- luckyboyDined on 9/28/2014Food as always was great as well as the wine. Service was not what we have been used to at Wolfgangs though. We've been here many times with such warm and welcoming service. This time not so much. Asking for something simple as bread which came to the table half way through our meal and not getting refills on drinks for the kids are little things that mean a lot when trying to enjoy a dining experience.Special Features:
- good food, fun spotlildoodle11Dined on 9/26/2014Fresh ingredients and less common offerings make for a nice dining experience. it would be nice to see some smaller plates at a lower price point for diners with a smaller appetiteSpecial Features:
- Great Food Excellent ServiceTscott03Dined on 9/20/2014This is not your standard bar and dining experience. The menu is creative and different and the food was excellent. Great choice of wines and reasonably priced. Will definitely go back when in the areaSpecial Features:
- Not fancy, but quality foodCityGirlDined on 9/13/2014The food here is really very good for what they offer and the servers on this occassion were spot on. We had the goat cheese app, heirloom tomatoes with burratta cheese and a pizza. They all had great flavor and were perfectly prepared. This is definitely among the best pizza in Greensboro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable "unchained" chainjmjrVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great upscale chain with reliable pizza. Enjoy each time I stop in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well...CarrollpicksDined on 8/29/2014It was okay. Wish it were better. The ambiance was great. The service was good. The food was something I could at least do myself at home. No offense, just honest.
- Pricey, but worth itCoolcarsx2Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was wonderful. Try the baby kale salad as a side, large enough to share, and SO good. Can't wait to return:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 271 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Greensboro reviews archive.
- LuckyOneVIPDined on 7/15/2014Not happy. I think Wolfgang needs to come back and do a quality control review and re-train his kitchen staff and his wait staff. I've been here three times and each time with some regret. But I kept trying. But Thursday was my last time at this place.Special Features:
- ALCGDined on 7/12/2014I enjoy the food , well prepared an tasty . I especially like their salads and pizza. It is five minutes from home They have a good wine list and great gelatoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Quality!TheJackson3Dined on 7/11/2014We made the reservations at 7:58 for an 8:15 table, we walked in at 8:15 anf table was ready! Loved it! Excellent professional staff and good food. Slightly pricey...but good quality expereince. We would actualy go more oftern if prices weren't quite so high. It was $65 for two and that is without alcoholic beverages nor appetizers...Special Features:
- Birthday LuncheonDisappointedDined on 7/7/2014Celebrated my birthday with good friends. We decided it must be somebody's birthday every month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningbirthdaygirlDined on 7/1/2014We went for the first time this week. For my birthday. We had the pepperoni rolls and each of us got a different pizza. They were all great. A "grown up" pizza place. There was so much food we took half of it home! After we are already stuff they brought out some homemade doughnut holes and ice cream with a birthday candle. And no, they didn't sing. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very vegan friendlybusinesstravelerDined on 6/27/2014I went with my two children. My daughter is vegan and it's always a challenge to find options for her; this was the case here, she ordered some pasta from the vegan menu but they kitchen staff put cheese on it; they did not charge for it but my daughter lost her apetite right there. My son and I ordered pizza and it was very good.Special Features:
- bigbellyDined on 6/26/2014The group thoroughly enjoyed the evening, it was a little loud so it was hard to carry on a meaningful conversation, there was a birthday party at the booth near us. The server overheard that it was my wife's birthday and brought out a huge slice of their chocolate cake, very thoughtful.Special Features:
- Mediocre pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Elizabeth's has far better pizza. We tried GF margerita and asparagus, and we weren't quite sure why it was named that because there were maybe 3 tiny bits of asparagus on the entire pie. The best thing by far on our table was the warm donuts that have a slight lemon flavor and are covered in cinnamon sugar. I read mixed reviews abt service; we sat in the bar area and our server was fine.Special Features:
- Overall experience was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our server gave us excellent service and we enjoyed the outdoor dining. I will be visiting again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointedfoodie17244Dined on 6/13/2014The service was slow from the start. Had to wait at least 15 minutes for drinks. When beer arrived, it was warm. Salad was served after main dish came out. Waitress didn't know how to split checks.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Dined here for 19th Anniversary! Great atmosphere, food and value! Have already recommended to several friends and family.Special Features:
- Best meal in recent memory!Coolcarsx2Dined on 6/6/2014We were seated promptly, on the patio as we had requested. 3 of our party ordered wine. We appreciate that at Puck'syou have choice between a regular glass or individual carafe.Great for when you'd like a little more, just not another whole glass.our dinners were outstanding. I had the baby kale salad, which is so good I have to have it every visit, and the sweet pepper and fennel sausage pizza..my favorite. My husband raved about his flat iron steak,he said it was the best rendition of this dish he'd had.One of our friends got a swordfish special that she said was over the top delicious, which was evident by her practically licking the plate clean. You'll pay a little bit more to eat at Wolfgang Puck's, but it's definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- update menucw580Dined on 5/13/2014The food was wonderful, but the menu in opentable is incorrect and needs to be updated.Special Features:
- Just like HomeVegasBillDined on 5/12/2014Outstanding menu and service. Ask for Paul; he is a wonderful waiter. We just moved from Las Vegas to Greensboro and it was like being at one of Puck's restaurants there; loved it.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceBovineLoverDined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation for Mother's Day for four people and a high chair. Noted the need for a high chair in the reservation. My wife checked us in and they didn't have a high chair available and then stuck the five of us at a table that appeared to be for two all the while there were plenty of booths available, which they sat groups of two or three at after we sat down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Great food, and Paul provided excellent service. We have been previously and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!erinDined on 5/10/2014This was my first time here and I really enjoyed it! I had the gluten free pizza and it was fantastic! Because I was the designated driver, I only drank water, but next time I would love to try a few cocktails! Our server was great, offering menu suggestions. I wil be back! Thanks!Special Features:
- Permanently on my listNightWatchmanDined on 5/3/2014We couldn't ask for a better place for a romantic evening, special occasion, or just a place to pop in for a pre- or post movie meal. Each visit has brought excellent and friendly service, perfectly prepared food, and very good wine. We especially like being able to chat without raising our voices. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great each timeDualSportDined on 5/3/2014What can I say, good all around. I have never had a bad meal here and is a must try for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last second reservationTLreviewDined on 5/2/2014Decided at last minute to go to WP's; glad we did. Overall an excellent evening. Food, drinks were all very good. The Ceasar salad and bread were perhaps the best plus the salad was served perfectly, chilled whole hearts. Plus the evidence was great. Overall WP's highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaLunchDinerVIPDined on 4/24/2014Love the Pizza, great service. Enjoyed the experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday lunch1WahooFoodieDined on 4/20/2014The restaurant was open for Sunday lunch, and it was very gracious to accommodate our large party of eight plus one infant. The food was excellent, especially the lamb osso buco special with the green pea and fava bean puree. The appetizers -- the calamari, bruschetta, and hummus and chips -- were also a big hit with the family. Our service was very friendly and attentive -- thanks, Ryan. Although a pizza bistro was admittedly not our family's first choice for a traditional Easter Sunday lunch, this restaurant has become a first choice for a special occasion, large family meal.Special Features:
- Great quality, pushy serviceHenryVIPDined on 4/17/2014Puck's food quality is outstanding from proscuitto, burrato and arugula to a lamb sausage pizza to good wine choices. Service is too pushy for our taste. Better to relax a bit and let the evening come to them rather than selling and hustling.I would recommend this to a friend.