Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte
6706-C Philips Place Court
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/casual-dining/wolfgang-puck-pizza-|-bar/74588/section-overview
- Phone: (704) 295-0101
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri – 11:30am-10pm
Lunch Served Until 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Scott Wallen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV's and music throughout the dining room
- Special Events: Please give us a call! We're happy to work with you on any and all of your special event needs.
A word from Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte
From legendary chef Wolfgang Puck, his newest culinary concept, Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar. This charming restaurant offers a full bar and extensive menu featuring delicious pastas, salads, oven-roasted dishes and the master chef's signature pizzas. The rustic feel and moderate prices will give you a sense of ease and comfort, and with dishes that incorporate local flavors there's sure to be something for everybody. Everyone will feel right at home at Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (44)kid-friendly (31)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (27)special occasion (23)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (13)romantic (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)Show More
- chinose chicken saladdinneroutVIPDined on 11/17/2014Was so excited to see this signature dish finally made it to Charlotte, while tasty it does not reflect the original from CA. It was very small and if there was any chicken in it I did not find any. Wolfgang would not be impressed. Either bring it up to the original or rename it, as mentioned it was tasty jas a side salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More great sameness!FoodFansVIPDined on 11/15/2014Cedric and company A-plussed everything again. Nicer this time, since we had a friend visiting for the weekend.Special Features:
- Will be back againbgw52VIPDined on 11/15/2014Outstanding evening with the wine, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang is on the marquee for a reasontrebidDined on 11/15/2014The meal was just average. Wolfgang Puck is on the marquee simply to draw in business. The quality of food is no different than you might get it a Brix restaurant for a lot less money. The quality of food is very overpriced for the value.
- Simply Wonderfulmmph89VIPDined on 11/8/2014This was the first time visiting the Charlotte location as we normally dine in the Greensboro Wolfgangs and this was wonderful. Our son is a student at USC and Charlotte is the halfway point for us to meet. We were excited to try this location and it exceeding our expectations. Our server was friendly and attentive and the food was wonderful! This will be our new meeting place! Thanks for a great meal and a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place and Great ServiceloveitalianVIPDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I got a last minute reservation here later on Friday night. The restaurant was still fairly full, but the entire staff was very friendly and personable. Our server was especially nice and helpful. We ordered the hummus appetizer because we rated it pretty much the best hummus in town after we had it last time. The crostini that came with the hummus was out of the world the first time, but this time it came out cool, which made a big difference on taste. Not quite as amazing as we remembered, but still worth ordering. My husband really enjoys the pizza here, and I was very pleased with the salmon, sautéed kale and cauliflower puree dish that I ordered. Moderate prices, tasty food, fun casual environment. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchLuvgoodserviceDined on 10/30/2014Great spot for a celebratory lunch. Food, atmosphere and service good. Although there early before the crowd, it did take an unusually long time to get our food (which was the daily special). Thankfully, we could afford the time. Free dessert to share on your birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 10/29/2014We were a party of 6 for an early dining. We choose a 5 pm seating to take advantage of the 1/2 price appies and pizzas, and of course, 1/2 price cocktails. Butternut squash soup was delicious to start. A chicken meatball pizza with mozzarella, not ricotta was equally flavorful. Not sure our companions were as thrilled with their selections; e.g. pizza with salmon, pepperoni rolls appie. Calamari was very good. The only really hiccup was finalizing the bill; seems not everything was correctly discounted at 1/2 off; read carefully. Drinks were great as was Adam's service and attentiveness.Special Features:
- WPOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014I thought the service was excellent. We were greeted and seated right away, the server was attentive. The apps were good as was the meal.Special Features:
- Good Food, but too much attitudeGregVIPDined on 10/25/2014We enjoy WPPB, but they need to adjust the seating attitude. The hostesses rarely grant requests, often make people wait while tables are open, and generally make getting seated a much more dramatic event than the rest of the meal.
- Always a great meal!reservationspleaseVIPDined on 10/20/2014As always, we had a wonderful experience. Friendly greeting, quickly seated at our table, friendly service and dependably great meals. The menu changed a bit for the Fall season. We tried the GRILLED PEACH watercress, smoked prosciutto, burrata pizza and loved it! Even our picky 15 yr old loved it! Always a great choice is the Baby Kale salad - the lemon vinaigrette is so tasty! (dip your pizza crust in a side of the vinaigrette:)Special Features:
- PizzateacherDined on 10/19/2014I had the Roasted Mushroom pizza and it was the best pizza I think I have ever eaten. The crust was outstanding. My daughter had the Bar-be-que chicken pizza and she too said it was delicious. The service was very attentive. No complaints what so ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffAllen2Dined on 10/18/2014Wait staff is always friendly and the bar is always a cool atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 10/15/2014Had the mussels and fennel sausage pizza (minus roasted garlic). Very, very good. Dessert was the donuts and milkshake-decadent, but yummy. After 5 cocktails my wife and i were ready to go. Another Wednesday at Wolfgang's that was a hit. Currently from 3 pm to 6 pm during the week, appies and pizzas are 1/2 off. Great deal and very good service from Alexis.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014I've been here many times and have generally had good/great experiences. Went here to celebrate a birthday last week and had a less than awesome experience. The food was good, but the service was pretty terrible from the moment we walked in the door to claim our reservation. So many great places in Charlotte with awesome service - I probably won't give this place another shot for awhile again.Special Features:
- Energetic atmospherehappyfoodieDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I joined two other couples for dinner on a Friday night. The place was packed out and loud, but we were still able to have a conversation. I highly recommend the house salad, and the goat cheese and spicy chicken pizzas were both excellent. We split a scoop of the maple-ginger gelato, and it was delicious. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same high standards!FoodFansVIPDined on 10/9/2014We are accustomed to WPPB's superb menu & presentation, great service and attentive management. Our most recent visit was no exception. Can't wait to return on the 18th for the Italian Truffle class.Special Features:
- crust magicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. quality ingredients.Special Features:
- DisappointedBethVIPDined on 10/1/2014The pepperoni rolls were terrible. There was no pepperoni in them. All bread. Yuk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find in Southpark!loveitalianVIPDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I were around Southpark and in search of a more casual restaurant for dinner when we came across Wolfgang Puck. Even though it is a "pizza bar," the service and wait staff were really, really good. That alone speaks volumes when you come to a restaurant for the first time! The wine and beer list was pretty good, with a few local brews on draft. We ordered the hummus and crostini appetizer to start out, and it was fabulous!! The bread alone was insanely delicious, and the hummus was the perfect compliment to it and was prepared perfectly. We opted for pizzas for dinner and had plenty of leftovers to take home. The waiter told us their dough takes 9 days to create, and the end result was a VERY tasty crust! Nice place!Special Features:
- Service Service ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/24/2014CHRISTINE is an outstanding server! She anticipated all our desires, knows the menu(s) and the finer details of services. Refreshing to enjoy such a well trained server. Thank you for making my daughters birthday dinner even better than expected.Special Features:
- jjlobiVIPDined on 9/24/2014Lunch on Wednesday; 50% off cocktails. We had 2 each-and they do them well. Food is always good. My wife had soup and 1/2 sandwich which she loved. The minestrone was loaded with veggies. Chicken caprese sandwich with a small caesar was very good as well; very personable and engaging, in a pleasant way.Special Features:
- Our waiter Andy -FoodFansVIPDined on 9/19/2014- was superb. Having dined at WPPB on a number of occasions, it's good to know they can still top themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 9/10/2014What a good discovery this time. We arrived around 4:30 pm after some shopping at Phillips Place. We were greeted with 2 major benefits; cocktails at 50% off and appetizers and pizzas at 50% off. How can you beat that. 2 cocktails later along with mussels in white wine sauce and a fennel sausage pizza' all was fine in the world. One note if you're not a garlic fan is to have them hold the roasted garlic on the pizza; a bit strong for me. At this early time there were few patrons. Hope this was a timing issue and nothing more. We always enjoy Puck's food and drinks.Special Features:
- jjlobiVIPDined on 9/3/2014Had a great lunch with $5 cocktails; what's not to like. The chicken caprese is very flavorful with the pesto garnish. A side Caesar is a perfect match. Grilled chicken Caesar was equally good. So far always a good lunch with the Puck. The restaurant was very quiet with few patrons. I just don't get it; the food offerings, the creativity are well done. Perhaps they need to consider another Puck at Stonecrest or Blakeney; just saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressedpickypicky49Dined on 9/2/2014four women for a birthday dinner. loved the food. loved our waiter. great eveningSpecial Features:
- FoodCherylDined on 8/30/2014Food was lacking in flavor...no taste.. Just not good at all. Will never go back!!!
- ALWAYS A FAVORITEcharlottefoodgalDined on 8/30/2014Met some friends from Atlanta at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant and, as usual, it did not disappoint. The restaurant has a nice vibe and great wait staff. Plus the food is always good. Our friends had the linguini and the ravioli and raved about both---and we had the pizzas. I love their mushroom pizza. I know I can always count on this restaurant to be a great place to go---whether it's just me and my husband or meeting up with friends.Special Features:
- One great mealbgw52VIPDined on 8/27/2014Everything was One A. Wine, food and service all fantastic. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southpark Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We just relocated to Charlotte from Charleston.This past weekend we found Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in our new neighborhood and were pleasantly surprised to find a true neighborhood gem with fresh, creatively prepared food delivered by enthusiastic, well trained servers. As a former restaurant manager, I appreciate the attention given to serving hot food piping hot and cold food served on chilled plates. We went Friday evening and enjoyed it so much we invited our new neighbor to join us on Saturday! Those little homemade cinnamon sugar doughnuts served with the chocolate milk shake are addictive! Kudos to Adam and Kevin. They both provided amazing service and were a major reason for our return business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Lunch this past Friday. We each ordered sandwiches; a veggie sandwich and chicken caprese. Both very good. 1/2 price sparkling wine added to our nice lunch.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014Food was wonderful (again). Wasn't sure about peaches on pizza but it was spectacular. Half price drafts on Mondays was a lucky surprise too.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014The food was quite good, but what really stood out was the superb service. We had specific needs for a special occasion which they met with ease, well beyond what we expected. Additionally, they were exceptionally attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Good Food But A Tad PriceyJohnPDined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner with our two grandchildren. The food was good but a bit on the high side for the portions served. An example is the baked eggplant for $16 that did not have a side dish of pasta or any bread for the table. That being said all of the food was very good as was the service and the management staff who made it a point to be available and were very pleasant. Would I return for another visit? Yes I would.Special Features:
- kensVIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed dinner. There were 5 of us, we ordered some apps to share and each ordered a pizza. All enjoyed their food. The service was a little off, but it was fine overall. Example: we ordered calamari, and when the server brought it, said he would bring some marinara sauce. We started eating, and it was 15 minutes later when it came out. Oops--we had finished it already. But he put it on the table anyway! It made it more embarrassing. While that moment stood out, the remainder of the evening was uneventful. The food was good, we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Marion62Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent food, service, ambience, and prices. Freshly made food, delivered by attentive and knowledgeable staff. I almost never write reviews, but Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar was truly exceptional in every way. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIG AND FRESH PIZZASop73Dined on 8/1/2014We went there specifically for the pizza. Did not disappoint. Their trolley sundae service is fantastic also. Gelato with all the toppings. Casual yet refined atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang Puck soars againFoodFansVIPDined on 7/26/2014Never a bad visit to Puck, but this restaurant week evening was superb. Attentive, professional, friendly and the most accomplished of menus.Special Features:
- The following 376 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Good food, great ambiancemilwifealltheway82Dined on 7/19/2014Went earlier than our 7pm reservation and luckily there was a table. Waiter was courteous, the managers made their rounds the whole time we were there and made sure everything was good, one of them actually came to our table and checked on us, the food was goooood, great ambiance for a date night, family, drinks. I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Table of 6famoffiveVIPDined on 7/12/2014Saturday night dinner with friends. Seated on time and drink order taken promptly. Service mediocre after that...not because of table size. All the pizzas were enjoyable, the mushroom being my favorite. The special, a seafood plate of shrimp and scallops, was both misrepresented by the waiter and nothing special at all. The location is great for us and the Phillips Place Plaza is a pretty place for an after dinner stroll.Special Features: