Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte
6706-C Philips Place Court
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/casual-dining/wolfgang-puck-pizza-|-bar/74588/section-overview
- Phone: 7042950101
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri – 11:30am-10pm
Lunch Served Until 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Scott Wallen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV's and music throughout the dining room
- Special Events: Please give us a call! We're happy to work with you on any and all of your special event needs.
A word from Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte
From legendary chef Wolfgang Puck, his newest culinary concept, Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar. This charming restaurant offers a full bar and extensive menu featuring delicious pastas, salads, oven-roasted dishes and the master chef's signature pizzas. The rustic feel and moderate prices will give you a sense of ease and comfort, and with dishes that incorporate local flavors there's sure to be something for everybody. Everyone will feel right at home at Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (36)great for outdoor dining (33)great for lunch (29)kid-friendly (29)hot spot (22)special occasion (20)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- jjlobiVIPDined on 10/15/2014Had the mussels and fennel sausage pizza (minus roasted garlic). Very, very good. Dessert was the donuts and milkshake-decadent, but yummy. After 5 cocktails my wife and i were ready to go. Another Wednesday at Wolfgang's that was a hit. Currently from 3 pm to 6 pm during the week, appies and pizzas are 1/2 off. Great deal and very good service from Alexis.Special Features:
- Energetic atmospherehappyfoodieDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I joined two other couples for dinner on a Friday night. The place was packed out and loud, but we were still able to have a conversation. I highly recommend the house salad, and the goat cheese and spicy chicken pizzas were both excellent. We split a scoop of the maple-ginger gelato, and it was delicious. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same high standards!FoodFansDined on 10/9/2014We are accustomed to WPPB's superb menu & presentation, great service and attentive management. Our most recent visit was no exception. Can't wait to return on the 18th for the Italian Truffle class.Special Features:
- crust magicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. quality ingredients.Special Features:
- DisappointedBethVIPDined on 10/1/2014The pepperoni rolls were terrible. There was no pepperoni in them. All bread. Yuk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find in Southpark!loveitalianVIPDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I were around Southpark and in search of a more casual restaurant for dinner when we came across Wolfgang Puck. Even though it is a "pizza bar," the service and wait staff were really, really good. That alone speaks volumes when you come to a restaurant for the first time! The wine and beer list was pretty good, with a few local brews on draft. We ordered the hummus and crostini appetizer to start out, and it was fabulous!! The bread alone was insanely delicious, and the hummus was the perfect compliment to it and was prepared perfectly. We opted for pizzas for dinner and had plenty of leftovers to take home. The waiter told us their dough takes 9 days to create, and the end result was a VERY tasty crust! Nice place!Special Features:
- Service Service ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/24/2014CHRISTINE is an outstanding server! She anticipated all our desires, knows the menu(s) and the finer details of services. Refreshing to enjoy such a well trained server. Thank you for making my daughters birthday dinner even better than expected.Special Features:
- jjlobiVIPDined on 9/24/2014Lunch on Wednesday; 50% off cocktails. We had 2 each-and they do them well. Food is always good. My wife had soup and 1/2 sandwich which she loved. The minestrone was loaded with veggies. Chicken caprese sandwich with a small caesar was very good as well; very personable and engaging, in a pleasant way.Special Features:
- Our waiter Andy -FoodFansDined on 9/19/2014- was superb. Having dined at WPPB on a number of occasions, it's good to know they can still top themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 9/10/2014What a good discovery this time. We arrived around 4:30 pm after some shopping at Phillips Place. We were greeted with 2 major benefits; cocktails at 50% off and appetizers and pizzas at 50% off. How can you beat that. 2 cocktails later along with mussels in white wine sauce and a fennel sausage pizza' all was fine in the world. One note if you're not a garlic fan is to have them hold the roasted garlic on the pizza; a bit strong for me. At this early time there were few patrons. Hope this was a timing issue and nothing more. We always enjoy Puck's food and drinks.Special Features:
- jjlobiVIPDined on 9/3/2014Had a great lunch with $5 cocktails; what's not to like. The chicken caprese is very flavorful with the pesto garnish. A side Caesar is a perfect match. Grilled chicken Caesar was equally good. So far always a good lunch with the Puck. The restaurant was very quiet with few patrons. I just don't get it; the food offerings, the creativity are well done. Perhaps they need to consider another Puck at Stonecrest or Blakeney; just saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressedpickypicky49Dined on 9/2/2014four women for a birthday dinner. loved the food. loved our waiter. great eveningSpecial Features:
- FoodCherylDined on 8/30/2014Food was lacking in flavor...no taste.. Just not good at all. Will never go back!!!
- ALWAYS A FAVORITEcharlottefoodgalDined on 8/30/2014Met some friends from Atlanta at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant and, as usual, it did not disappoint. The restaurant has a nice vibe and great wait staff. Plus the food is always good. Our friends had the linguini and the ravioli and raved about both---and we had the pizzas. I love their mushroom pizza. I know I can always count on this restaurant to be a great place to go---whether it's just me and my husband or meeting up with friends.Special Features:
- One great mealbgw52VIPDined on 8/27/2014Everything was One A. Wine, food and service all fantastic. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southpark Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We just relocated to Charlotte from Charleston.This past weekend we found Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in our new neighborhood and were pleasantly surprised to find a true neighborhood gem with fresh, creatively prepared food delivered by enthusiastic, well trained servers. As a former restaurant manager, I appreciate the attention given to serving hot food piping hot and cold food served on chilled plates. We went Friday evening and enjoyed it so much we invited our new neighbor to join us on Saturday! Those little homemade cinnamon sugar doughnuts served with the chocolate milk shake are addictive! Kudos to Adam and Kevin. They both provided amazing service and were a major reason for our return business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Lunch this past Friday. We each ordered sandwiches; a veggie sandwich and chicken caprese. Both very good. 1/2 price sparkling wine added to our nice lunch.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014Food was wonderful (again). Wasn't sure about peaches on pizza but it was spectacular. Half price drafts on Mondays was a lucky surprise too.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014The food was quite good, but what really stood out was the superb service. We had specific needs for a special occasion which they met with ease, well beyond what we expected. Additionally, they were exceptionally attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Good Food But A Tad PriceyJohnPDined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner with our two grandchildren. The food was good but a bit on the high side for the portions served. An example is the baked eggplant for $16 that did not have a side dish of pasta or any bread for the table. That being said all of the food was very good as was the service and the management staff who made it a point to be available and were very pleasant. Would I return for another visit? Yes I would.Special Features:
- kensVIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed dinner. There were 5 of us, we ordered some apps to share and each ordered a pizza. All enjoyed their food. The service was a little off, but it was fine overall. Example: we ordered calamari, and when the server brought it, said he would bring some marinara sauce. We started eating, and it was 15 minutes later when it came out. Oops--we had finished it already. But he put it on the table anyway! It made it more embarrassing. While that moment stood out, the remainder of the evening was uneventful. The food was good, we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Marion62Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent food, service, ambience, and prices. Freshly made food, delivered by attentive and knowledgeable staff. I almost never write reviews, but Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar was truly exceptional in every way. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIG AND FRESH PIZZASop73Dined on 8/1/2014We went there specifically for the pizza. Did not disappoint. Their trolley sundae service is fantastic also. Gelato with all the toppings. Casual yet refined atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang Puck soars againFoodFansDined on 7/26/2014Never a bad visit to Puck, but this restaurant week evening was superb. Attentive, professional, friendly and the most accomplished of menus.Special Features:
- Good food, great ambiancemilwifealltheway82Dined on 7/19/2014Went earlier than our 7pm reservation and luckily there was a table. Waiter was courteous, the managers made their rounds the whole time we were there and made sure everything was good, one of them actually came to our table and checked on us, the food was goooood, great ambiance for a date night, family, drinks. I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Table of 6famoffiveVIPDined on 7/12/2014Saturday night dinner with friends. Seated on time and drink order taken promptly. Service mediocre after that...not because of table size. All the pizzas were enjoyable, the mushroom being my favorite. The special, a seafood plate of shrimp and scallops, was both misrepresented by the waiter and nothing special at all. The location is great for us and the Phillips Place Plaza is a pretty place for an after dinner stroll.Special Features:
- kdm2009Dined on 7/12/2014Chicken meatball pizza amazing . We've eaten at the bar and also dined with children at the booth both experiences were great . Service is amazing. Glasses always refilled quickly . Food arrives quickly .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dinnerzoltocVIPDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed an evening out at Wolfgang Puck's. The pasta soup was excellent. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the roasted beet salad and my salmon was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crust on the pizza!loveitalianDined on 7/2/2014Interesting combinations for toppings but and the crust is EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Sunday SuppermamlerDined on 6/22/2014The pizza bar has started a Sunday Supper special. The meal includes a salad, meatballs, sausage, short ribs, spaghetti, broccolini, and cannoli. The dinner is served family style. Portions are ample and the food is delicious. Our server Alexis was very personable and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 370 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Patio diningFoodie3280Dined on 6/21/2014Loved the patio dining at WP. The patio is off to the side of the restaurant, in the shade, ceiling fans. It was at least 5-10 cooler on the patio vs the direct afternoon/evening sun. Fabulous. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was delicious. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dinner at Wolfgang PuckWilliamDined on 6/16/2014Very nice atmosphere, food and service. We would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not as good as it should beMeatballVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our waitress was extremely nice and professional and attentive but unfortunately that was the highlight. The eggplant parm was awful. They ran out of one of their Sunday specials by 7:30pm. Two of us received our dinner and waited for at least 5 minutes for the other two to receive their dinners while during half of that time we could see the other two meals on the chef's counter waiting to be carried to the table. They did adjust our bill for the unsatisfactory eggplant parm however since we did have a disappointing experience it will be tough coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceTheSuzDined on 6/15/2014It took 15 minutes after seating before anyone came to offer water. The service for the rest of the time was equally slow. I could see that our waitress had some large parties but it also looked like there was plenty of waitstaff doing nothing. The manager (I presume, in a sport coat), started serving tables himself. I don't know what the problem was. The food was good and the desserts were to die for...gelato bar and chocolate cake were our table's choice. We have been before and I will give it another try, but our guests will not.Special Features:
- Excellent seared grouper special!KimmieKVIPDined on 6/15/2014Unexpected treat when we went thinking we'd have a nice pasta dish but decided on the special, seared grouper & it was the best fish this side of the lowcountry! Hope you bring it back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerFairviewfoodieDined on 6/13/2014We had excellent service and the food arrived in great time. I'd taken a friend who had never been and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd recommend the chicken meatballs as an appetizer and the Chicken Paillard as a meal. We will DEFINITELY be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaEatsyVIPDined on 6/6/2014I got pepperoni pizza....pricey but very tasty. Loved the spicy pepperoni...pizza was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerBartFDined on 5/29/2014Food Quality was great. Server very friendly but a little scattered. Will definitely dine here again. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service goodYankeeDined on 5/29/2014We were celebrating my granddaughter's birthday. The items ordered ranged the menu. We thought the gemmillini with fennel sausage was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 5/25/2014Did the Sunday night deal; family style salad, pasta, meatballs, sausage and pork followed by cannolis. Great value.Special Features: