Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte
6706-C Philips Place Court
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/casual-dining/wolfgang-puck-pizza-|-bar/74588/section-overview
- Phone: 7042950101
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri – 11:30am-10pm
Lunch Served Until 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Scott Wallen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV's and music throughout the dining room
- Special Events: Please give us a call! We're happy to work with you on any and all of your special event needs.
A word from Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte
From legendary chef Wolfgang Puck, his newest culinary concept, Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar. This charming restaurant offers a full bar and extensive menu featuring delicious pastas, salads, oven-roasted dishes and the master chef's signature pizzas. The rustic feel and moderate prices will give you a sense of ease and comfort, and with dishes that incorporate local flavors there's sure to be something for everybody. Everyone will feel right at home at Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (37)kid-friendly (32)great for lunch (30)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (27)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- FoodCherylDined on 8/30/2014Food was lacking in flavor...no taste.. Just not good at all. Will never go back!!!
- ALWAYS A FAVORITEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Met some friends from Atlanta at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant and, as usual, it did not disappoint. The restaurant has a nice vibe and great wait staff. Plus the food is always good. Our friends had the linguini and the ravioli and raved about both---and we had the pizzas. I love their mushroom pizza. I know I can always count on this restaurant to be a great place to go---whether it's just me and my husband or meeting up with friends.Special Features:
- One great mealbgw52VIPDined on 8/27/2014Everything was One A. Wine, food and service all fantastic. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southpark Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We just relocated to Charlotte from Charleston.This past weekend we found Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in our new neighborhood and were pleasantly surprised to find a true neighborhood gem with fresh, creatively prepared food delivered by enthusiastic, well trained servers. As a former restaurant manager, I appreciate the attention given to serving hot food piping hot and cold food served on chilled plates. We went Friday evening and enjoyed it so much we invited our new neighbor to join us on Saturday! Those little homemade cinnamon sugar doughnuts served with the chocolate milk shake are addictive! Kudos to Adam and Kevin. They both provided amazing service and were a major reason for our return business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Lunch this past Friday. We each ordered sandwiches; a veggie sandwich and chicken caprese. Both very good. 1/2 price sparkling wine added to our nice lunch.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014Food was wonderful (again). Wasn't sure about peaches on pizza but it was spectacular. Half price drafts on Mondays was a lucky surprise too.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014The food was quite good, but what really stood out was the superb service. We had specific needs for a special occasion which they met with ease, well beyond what we expected. Additionally, they were exceptionally attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Good Food But A Tad PriceyJohnPDined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner with our two grandchildren. The food was good but a bit on the high side for the portions served. An example is the baked eggplant for $16 that did not have a side dish of pasta or any bread for the table. That being said all of the food was very good as was the service and the management staff who made it a point to be available and were very pleasant. Would I return for another visit? Yes I would.Special Features:
- kensVIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed dinner. There were 5 of us, we ordered some apps to share and each ordered a pizza. All enjoyed their food. The service was a little off, but it was fine overall. Example: we ordered calamari, and when the server brought it, said he would bring some marinara sauce. We started eating, and it was 15 minutes later when it came out. Oops--we had finished it already. But he put it on the table anyway! It made it more embarrassing. While that moment stood out, the remainder of the evening was uneventful. The food was good, we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Marion62Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent food, service, ambience, and prices. Freshly made food, delivered by attentive and knowledgeable staff. I almost never write reviews, but Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar was truly exceptional in every way. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIG AND FRESH PIZZASop73Dined on 8/1/2014We went there specifically for the pizza. Did not disappoint. Their trolley sundae service is fantastic also. Gelato with all the toppings. Casual yet refined atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang Puck soars againFoodFansDined on 7/26/2014Never a bad visit to Puck, but this restaurant week evening was superb. Attentive, professional, friendly and the most accomplished of menus.Special Features:
- Good food, great ambiancemilwifealltheway82Dined on 7/19/2014Went earlier than our 7pm reservation and luckily there was a table. Waiter was courteous, the managers made their rounds the whole time we were there and made sure everything was good, one of them actually came to our table and checked on us, the food was goooood, great ambiance for a date night, family, drinks. I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Table of 6famoffiveVIPDined on 7/12/2014Saturday night dinner with friends. Seated on time and drink order taken promptly. Service mediocre after that...not because of table size. All the pizzas were enjoyable, the mushroom being my favorite. The special, a seafood plate of shrimp and scallops, was both misrepresented by the waiter and nothing special at all. The location is great for us and the Phillips Place Plaza is a pretty place for an after dinner stroll.Special Features:
- kdm2009Dined on 7/12/2014Chicken meatball pizza amazing . We've eaten at the bar and also dined with children at the booth both experiences were great . Service is amazing. Glasses always refilled quickly . Food arrives quickly .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dinnerzoltocVIPDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed an evening out at Wolfgang Puck's. The pasta soup was excellent. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the roasted beet salad and my salmon was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crust on the pizza!loveitalianDined on 7/2/2014Interesting combinations for toppings but and the crust is EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Sunday SuppermamlerDined on 6/22/2014The pizza bar has started a Sunday Supper special. The meal includes a salad, meatballs, sausage, short ribs, spaghetti, broccolini, and cannoli. The dinner is served family style. Portions are ample and the food is delicious. Our server Alexis was very personable and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio diningFoodie3280Dined on 6/21/2014Loved the patio dining at WP. The patio is off to the side of the restaurant, in the shade, ceiling fans. It was at least 5-10 cooler on the patio vs the direct afternoon/evening sun. Fabulous. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was delicious. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dinner at Wolfgang PuckWilliamDined on 6/16/2014Very nice atmosphere, food and service. We would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not as good as it should beMeatballVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our waitress was extremely nice and professional and attentive but unfortunately that was the highlight. The eggplant parm was awful. They ran out of one of their Sunday specials by 7:30pm. Two of us received our dinner and waited for at least 5 minutes for the other two to receive their dinners while during half of that time we could see the other two meals on the chef's counter waiting to be carried to the table. They did adjust our bill for the unsatisfactory eggplant parm however since we did have a disappointing experience it will be tough coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceTheSuzDined on 6/15/2014It took 15 minutes after seating before anyone came to offer water. The service for the rest of the time was equally slow. I could see that our waitress had some large parties but it also looked like there was plenty of waitstaff doing nothing. The manager (I presume, in a sport coat), started serving tables himself. I don't know what the problem was. The food was good and the desserts were to die for...gelato bar and chocolate cake were our table's choice. We have been before and I will give it another try, but our guests will not.Special Features:
- Excellent seared grouper special!KimmieKVIPDined on 6/15/2014Unexpected treat when we went thinking we'd have a nice pasta dish but decided on the special, seared grouper & it was the best fish this side of the lowcountry! Hope you bring it back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerFairviewfoodieDined on 6/13/2014We had excellent service and the food arrived in great time. I'd taken a friend who had never been and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd recommend the chicken meatballs as an appetizer and the Chicken Paillard as a meal. We will DEFINITELY be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaEatsyVIPDined on 6/6/2014I got pepperoni pizza....pricey but very tasty. Loved the spicy pepperoni...pizza was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerBartFDined on 5/29/2014Food Quality was great. Server very friendly but a little scattered. Will definitely dine here again. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service goodYankeeDined on 5/29/2014We were celebrating my granddaughter's birthday. The items ordered ranged the menu. We thought the gemmillini with fennel sausage was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 5/25/2014Did the Sunday night deal; family style salad, pasta, meatballs, sausage and pork followed by cannolis. Great value.Special Features:
- Good but expensiveRunnergirl73VIPDined on 5/16/2014Dined at Wolfgang Puck before a movie Friday night. I had the spinach salad which was very good and large enough for two people. I also ordered the muscles which were decent but not exceptional - I prefer the ones at Vivace. Our service was awesome. The waiter was friendly, helpful but provided quick service - I never felt rushed. The noise level was not an issue on Friday at 6pm but I've heard that it can get noisy during peak times. I've dined here twice and each time my bill was $40 which is expensive given the type of food served. I wish they would offer smaller salads at a lower price. Also a bar/happy hour menu would be nice. Will return if I can split an entree with someone and/or during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealbgw52VIPDined on 5/15/2014Meal, wine and service was out standing. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so sweet the third timeCharlotte12Dined on 5/11/2014We went to Wolfgang for Mother's Day and, honestly, it was because I couldn't get a reservation at my other restaurants. We had been there before and liked it. Although full, it was not packed but the service fell short. The hostess forgot to give me a flower which annoyed my husband and five kids (well-behaved by the way). The waiter, similar to the hostess, seemed annoyed he got another table and it showed. The food was good but my husband and I felt the menu was lacking. This being our third time, we felt there was nothing we would want to get again nor was there a signature dish we had to have. We decided after this most recent dinner we'll take Wolfgang off our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayHungryVegetarianDined on 5/11/2014We had a great lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar for Mother's Day. The staff had no problems keeping up with the crowds of people. Two different managers checked to see if our lunch was going well. The mother's received a flower and a complementary dessert. There were lots of tables with kids there but the adult menu is fit for grown-ups. My Dad said the gluten free pizza crust was the best he's ever had.Special Features:
- FantasticRestauranteurDined on 5/10/2014We have been talking about going for a very long time. I'm so glad that we finally did. It was Fantastic. Great hidden gem, we will certainly go back!!!Special Features:
- The following 355 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar - Charlotte reviews archive.
- DiepVIPDined on 5/4/2014Expected a lot more from reviews but food was lacking in flavor and service was poor. We had a large group and the food came out at different times. Some ate while others waited. Not egay I expected from a higher end place.
- Good food, good serviceEWFoodieDined on 4/22/2014Really enjoyed our visit, and definitely recommend Tuesday night for the 1/2 price wine bottles. The food is just creative enough to feel fresh & exciting, yet familiar enough that you basically know what you're going to get. The appetizer garlic/pesto bread is out of this world! Think oven fresh cinnamon buns, but savory and with pesto/garlic rolled up in the bread instead of cinnamon & sugar. To die for!Special Features:
- Said it all beforeMichelinStarReviewDined on 4/17/2014I like this restaurant and so does my family, I justbwished they would be more consistent with the food. Every time we order the same pizza's yet they come out with slightly different ingredients and variations of the same ingredients. It's a bit like pot look if you are going to get the version you like or maybe not. I still like it there though.
- Sunday nightSLSHDined on 4/13/2014We saw a movie then went here for dinner on a quiet Sunday night. Great ambiance and great pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and good service.DutchGirlDined on 4/12/2014Wonderful food and good service. The Ice Cream cart made it complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightelsmithDined on 4/12/2014The food was great and the service was great until the end. Once we got our food our waiter never came around again until we got our check. That would be the only drawback from the night. If we needed a drink or was missing something from our order, we wouldn't have been able to get it because he wasn't around. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun casual eveningNDdinerDined on 4/11/2014Had a reservation for Friday night. We arrived early, and were seated. Waiter immediately took drink order. The beer list includes a good variety of local craft, domestic and foreign beers. The wine list is a bit weak to me. Had our favorite appetizer, white bean hummus. As usual, was not served with enough dipping bread, veggies, etc., but the hummus is great. Service had some gaps, but overall was pleasant and fine. Entrees ordered were pizza's and eggplant. We love the Prosciutto Di Parma Pizza. Food is very good and served hot. Overall, this is a casual environment, with very good food and ok service. Parking can be a bit difficult as it is located in a very busy commercial area. A valet may be a good add. We do enjoy and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.