Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill - LA Live
800 West Olympic Blvd A180
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill - LA Live
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/12387
- Phone: 2137489700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Tuesday - Saturday Dinner: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m., Sunday – Thursday 5 p.m. – 11 p.m., Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Russ Simon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill at L.A. Live, Wolfgang takes the traditional bar and grill menu to new heights. The diverse menu offers signature appetizers, wood-oven baked pizzas, classic entrees and hand-crafted cocktails.
A word from Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill - LA Live
The Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill at L.A. Live modernizes the traditional “bar and grill” with approachable fine dining in a stunning setting. Esteemed hospitality designer Tony Chi captures the essence of the relaxed California dining experience which Puck made popular with the original Spago. Just like its name, the restaurant features a contemporary "bar and grill" menu offering Puck's signature comfort food that can be enjoyed either as a casual, quick-bite or as a leisurely dining experience. The restaurant offers creative salads, handmade pastas, pizzas from the wood-burning oven, enticing entrees and meats grilled over hard wood. Guests can complement their meal with a handcrafted cocktail, wine from the distinctive list or enjoy the restaurant’s housemade desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill - LA Live reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Super serviceredshoesDined on 8/25/2014We stopped here after attending the Emmy's on Monday night -- our server Garrett was awesome (request him if you can!). Food was good ... as memory serves, it was a bit better in earlier visits (pizza was a little bit on the dry side, but then, it was late). I love the menu ... and you just can't beat the convenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Had the mussels in chorizo broth, which was very good. However, the bread accompanying was nearly soggy and covered in cheese, and not a good accompaniment. I used fries (pretty good but not special) to soak up the great broth. Wife had calamari app. Wasn't bad, but was not inventive in the least - very plain breading etc. Also, the pieces were pretty small, so the ratio of breading to calamari was high. Also, for a 'bar and grill' there were no real grill items, outside of burger. Need something creative like sliders or even grilled brautwurst would be cool. Expect more creativity from WP. The mussels were good and unusual but that was about it IMO. Bartender (ate at bar) was good and cocktails were good too.Special Features:
- Great placeAlexDined on 8/23/2014Went there with my wife for her birthday the good and service were amazing the only issue was a very loud group of ghetto people sitting next to us. There was too much cursing and it kinda applied the night, but It's not the restaurant fault I will be back for sure and hopefully next time we can have a quite nice dinner
- New Zealand WineFoodiefanDined on 7/25/2014Lunch was great... Our server was really wonderful as well as the hostess... Those two things can make or break a meal. We sat outside, perfect. The only thing I would recommend is a nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc... I missed the nice crispy, fruity wine I love with pizza! Other than that a five star time for sure.Special Features:
- A very late lunchThree4LunchDined on 6/24/2014We waited about an hour for our lunch to arrive. The waiter didn't visit our table again to inquire about drink refills until after I had finished my meal. The salmon was good but not cooked the way I had requested.
- stimulating patio diningCLinWVDined on 6/20/2014Puck's Bar & Grill is an easy, casual restaurant for a night at LA Live. The food is classic Puck, as is the staff and ambiance. The patio onto the courtyard provides views of people and vibrant lights & screens. Our out of town guests enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 508 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill - LA Live reviews archive.
- billchinVIPDined on 5/14/2014just before a Kings game at LA Live. salad took 25 minutes to come but the overall food was very good. the server let us know that it was going to be backed up.Special Features:
- Great for a Business DinnerBobfromBostonDined on 4/30/2014...when working at the close by LACC. "I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato-leek soup was amazing and the Bibb lettuce salad was refreshing. The table was split on the monkfish – one person thought it was great, but another felt that the tastes didn't quite mesh. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:
- Unfriendly servicepetercmDined on 4/8/2014A smile goes a thousand miles. Our waitress didn't make it a foot. I had a business meeting with foreigners and aside from being in the middle of a conversation which distracted from studying the lunch menu, it also to took my guests a bit longer to read and understand the menu. Instead of offering help, the waitress (elderly lady) became impatient and was just unfriendly enough for me to never take anybody back to this restaurant. It was embarrassing.Special Features:
- Very deserted for weekdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/14/2014Very deserted for weekday lunch crowd. I think I know why - terrible service and mediocre food. Not at all what we would expect from Wolfgang Puck. It's unfortunate but we will not be going back. LA Live offers great dining options so there is no need to frequent a place that offers bad service and average food.
- Why does it feel like WolfgangJayFagnanoVIPDined on 12/4/2013Why does it feel like Wolfgang is just phoning it in at this restaurant? Why does it feel that way at most of the restaurants at LA Live? This place feels kind of like Wolfgang's greatest hits done without any passion at all. There's the Chinois Chinese Chicken Salad on the lunch menu and some lackluster pizzas. Everything was just fine, but that's kind of it. I do have an issue when the first words from the server is, "Are you ready to order?" Not hello, not how are you today, not may I get you something to drink while you're looking at the menu. Still looking for that place at LA Live that I can get excited about - this ain't it.Special Features:
- before the gameGW9411VIPDined on 11/3/2013Went before a Laker game, best to make reservations. Too bad for me they ran out of a dish I had ordered. Angela the server was pleasant and helpful. Always some interesting options on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Nice place...JayLADined on 11/2/2013The Streak was great! Place was warm and nice. Little Noisy.... Only one thing... Wine list.. I wish they have more wines on their list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very, very average.timmyzDined on 10/30/2013The food was very, very average. Not what you would expect considering the price. I know it more because we were at LA Live but the food we got was not better than say at Chili's- I am being serious !Special Features:
- Good for LA Live locationLarooVIPDined on 10/27/2013Very nice restaurant for the location. We went on a Sunday night so it was not too frenetic. Service was excellent, attentive almost to the point of being too much. Salads were excellent, as were the chicken biscuits. Burgers and mac & cheese also very good. Pasta and gnocchi not great -- pretty uninspiring and gnocchi was dry. Decent selection of beers and wines by the glass. Nice ambience inside but outdoor tables too loud due to LA Live music blasting away. We'll be back but it's not top of the list by any stretch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere was excellentMarcDined on 10/12/2013The atmosphere was excellent with great decor. Service was perfect s well as the food. The staff was very friendly and curious. This is the place to get great food with a fun and exciting atmosphere. I will go back every chance I get.Special Features:
- Good LA Live localeLeexDined on 10/11/2013Good place to head if in the neighborhood. A bit pricey for items if on a tight budget. Good service and nice venue.Special Features:
- Will keep coming backPagoVIPDined on 9/29/2013Make reservations a must for this place, especially this location with all the events going on and it being at L.A. live. There was a 1 1/2hr walk in wait but we had reservations and were seated immediately. Loved it! Been here before, food was yummy but menu does change based on availability, wanted the ahi tune poke salad not on menu but Cesar was excellent. Pineapple mojito very tasty. Have been to other restaurants around there and Wolfgangs is better taste wise and price wise and service. The others don't compare. Service is way too long at Katsuya and not good at all they're too busy forget food etc and sushi overpriced. Trader Vic's food just so so but if you want drinks only good place to go. The Farm food is just ok also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang Puck a great place to eatJoeBruinsn1Dined on 9/29/2013We went to eat there before Depeche Mode concert on September 29, 2013. The hostess was excellent for greeting and take us to the patio area seating. We ordered the appetizer with Crispy Fried Calamari, Capers, Parsley,Lemon, Gremolata Aioli and Prosciutto di Parma, Basil Pesto, Oven Roasted Tomatoes, Olives, Goat Cheese. These food taste great. The server was great service. I don't quite remembered his name and I look at my receipt. It show his name is S-Alex and the check # is 212507 9/29/13. So I would love to come back again, if I have a nice date to come to your place Wolfgang Puck in LA Live area. Thank you for your service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-concert dinnerMelyDined on 9/29/2013We had a reservation at 5:00pm pre-concert at the Staples Center. 5:00pm is the IDEAL time to go since we had no problem picking where we sat. We sat outside which was GREAT for people watching. It's very vibrant and lively in front of the restaurant with concert/sports spectators. The restaurant became crowded from 5:30pm and on so I would definitely suggest making an earlier reservation so you can enjoy and not feel rushed before your show. There was so much to choose from on the menu that I had a problem trying to pick out one meal (which is a good thing!). I suggest ordering a few different items to share and sample between a group of people since everything looks so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with NFL Great Willie RoafPublicistToniRDined on 9/14/2013We had a great dinner with NFL great and Hall of Famer Willie Roaf, along with Actress Ciera Payton ("Days Of Our Lives", "The Closer", USA Network's "Graceland", Spike Lee's "Oldboy"). Food was delicious. Our waiter was so courteous and even took the time to take photos for us to tweet (@ToniR_Publicist) and post to Instagram!Special Features:
- Love this place!!CallmececeeDined on 9/14/2013I had a great time! The food was great and the service was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelloOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2013Very Loud during dinner. Poor and very slow service. We have been trying to dine at all restaurants at LA Live over the past year, and all have been very good. WGP Bar and Grill is so far at the bottom of the list, with only a few more restaurants to try in the area.Special Features:
- FunFoodfan18Dined on 8/24/2013Fun atmosphere before a concert. Crowded but not too loud. Food was excellent. Service was a little slow and there was over an hour wait without reservations but many tables were empty the entire 2 hours we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food before NokiaredavidDined on 8/10/2013Food was decent for this type of place. Looks nice on the inside and pretty social. Way too loud a place to really have a decent conversation with friends. Great if you like a noisy club atmosphere. If you're at LA Live, and there is nothing else that interests you and you don't mind loud, this will work.Special Features:
- Great Food But No ConversationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2013Food was delicious, service was okay but not a relaxing environment and impossible to talk with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience!TJPrestonDined on 7/19/2013My family and I were looking late night dining to celebrate my birthday. We made a reservation and had an awesome dining experience. The food was magnificent, the drinks superb, an the service was excellent. Alex rocks!!! I highly recommend this place and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall okchampagneDined on 7/6/2013place was nice, location, who can complain at LA Live? Service was great, staff friendly. Overall ok, wasnt too excited over the meal I chose which was the sirloin burger. The meat itself was too salty, felt like it was marinated in soy sauce to be honest. My wife got the spaghetti and meatballs which was very small as far as size. Was able to get my parking ticket validated by who I believe was the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre concert foodDreMCDined on 7/5/2013I always go here before any concert at Staples Center. The food is always great, and the drinks are really good. It does get every busy on concert/game nights, so use open table the day before for reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud, terrible acoustics.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/3/2013Very loud, terrible acoustics. Very mediocre service, atlhough food was OK.
- LA Live's Wolfgang Puck's is DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2013For an LA Live restaurant, this one offers a decent ambiance both indoors and out. Service is good but some of the food is average. It's a great people watching spot during big Nokia concert events, too!Special Features:
- Good for Badkt0421Dined on 6/30/2013Good for outdoor dining at LA Live & people watching but BAD for Ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA Live prime locationD2013VIPDined on 6/29/2013The service was great , good cocktails & it has the perfect outdoor seating to people watch at LA Live . We enjoyed a few of the appetizers & entres. My friends favorite was the Halibut.Special Features:
- Excellent spicy ahi tunaPagoVIPDined on 6/28/2013We went for the weekend of the BET experience made reservations thought would be crowded, not at all. We were almost 45min late but called ahead and we still got seated immediately. Waiter was great attentive to fact we had concert tix for Beyonce and made sure we were out in time even tho we arrived late. Food was very good, had roasted halibut with polenta finished it off, had spicy ahi tuna with blk/white sesame chips very tasty had same at two other restaurants there made little different and Wolfgangs beat them all. Bar was alittle slow and crowded. But was still better than other restaurants we ate at during that weekend. Will definitely come back again...beats Katsuya in service, beats The Farm, Trader Vic's in food and scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Wolfgang'sTriciaVIPDined on 6/28/2013Everything was great from the service to the food. We had the halibut & fish & chips. Both were yummy!Special Features:
- Not the best choiceLuvopentablereservationsDined on 6/25/2013Dinner was so so, pizza was soggy. Food was overpriced.
- we both had the swordfishbillchinVIPDined on 6/6/2013we both had the swordfish with corn. excellent. Service was not attentiveSpecial Features:
- Swordfish was great but thebillchinVIPDined on 6/4/2013Swordfish was great but the pasta of the spaghetti and meatballs was stickySpecial Features:
- WP Bar and GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/26/2013Definitely not the best WP's place in terms of food, although not bad it could have been better. Seems that seasoning was lacking in almost al dishes. Service was great and attentive. The restaurant is nice and elegant but also sporty. Good to try once, since the food was not very flavorful.Special Features:
- At best, the food is mediocreDCGeoffVIPDined on 5/10/2013At best, the food is mediocre Americanized Chinese and extremely overpriced. I expected more sophisticated and creative dishes for the $500+ we spent for a party of 3. WP24 is obviously a tourist trap that lures in the unknowing and those that rate quality solely based on price.Special Features: