Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air
701 Stone Canyon Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90077Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/los-angeles/hotel-bel-air/restaurant-bars/wolfgang-puck-at-hotel-bel-air/
- Phone: 3109091644x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:30am; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Afternoon Tea: Friday & Saturday 3:00pm & 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian
- Executive Chef: Hugo Bolanos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room has a gorgeous glass wine cellar displaying 2400 bottles of wine. The space features a marble fireplace and has been expanded to accommodate 14 guests with enough space to mingle before dinner. The Chef will cater to our guests with special treats and the famous Chef choice tasting menu will always be an option.
- Private Party Contact: Hotel Bel - Air 3109091644x
A word from Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air features modern California with European and Mediterranean influences in a spectacular garden setting embracing the fabulous California lifestyle of indoor and outdoor living. All of our menus showcase the best of California's wonderful, fresh ingredients such as produce from Chino Farms and local farmers' markets, all natural poultry and sustainable seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air - Best Restaurants in Bel-Air ›
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (70)great for outdoor dining (65)romantic (60)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (42)great for brunch (38)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (22)scenic view (21)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)Show More
- Could not imagine a better placeRSK01Dined on 9/7/2014Obrien did a fantastic job. In a city full of great dining experiences, this one didn't disappoint. A++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for fine dining.stylefoodieDined on 8/20/2014such a hodge podge of connected spaces smack in the middle with a main walkway on both sides with staff coming and going, music from the lounge ..wait staff seemed to be preoccupided; one asked " how are my 2 blondies doing"? I had the veal chop and it was dilicious. I like the lounge and the entertainment. I would go back to the lounge for the entertainment...seemed comfortableSpecial Features:
- First-class experiencehappycamperDined on 8/16/2014I love Hotel Bel Air restaurant. I came here to celebrate my sixth wedding anniversary, and everything about the meal was outstanding, from the waiter's subtle sense of humor to the quality of the cuisine and the décor/ambiance of the dining area. The set-up of the dining area manages to be private yet communal at the same time. The spacing between tables is more generous than it is at many high-end restaurants, so you can enjoy conversation at your own table without interference from the noise level generated at other tables. The popularity of the restaurant means that the occupancy level is high, so you also get to enjoy some people-watching. The best of both worlds, IMO.Special Features:
- A vacation away from the LA crazyTfoodieDined on 8/13/2014We dined at the Hotel Bel Air during a business trip to Los Angeles and it was absolutely lovely. The ambience the staff, the serene al fresco dining…what a nice break from a very hectic trip. We will be back and will most likely end up staying at the hotel. It is a special gem in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food in a beautiful enviroment. The only negative was the waitress who was slow and not as attentive as one would expect at a high end restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!Mrt28Dined on 7/29/2014Went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Service was great and ambiance was romantic...only a few tables had seatings(I wonder why?). Oh, because the food was overpriced and not worth mentioning. We are not full portion eaters and we left hungry. Very unfortunate for such a beautiful setting.
- daniDined on 7/25/2014Was totally delicious and worth every penny. an excellent dining experience. made my daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Management is AbsentSeafoodloverDined on 7/25/2014With reservation, we still needed to wait for another 15 min STANDING. There is no chair for waiting guests to sit. The receptionist must have had a bad day. Food took forever to come despite of notifying the waiter our time restrain. Missing utensils after main course had arrived. Called waiters 3 times for utensils. In Lawry, the waiters pull the chairs or table open for you to sit down, but WGP waiters didn't. The waiters were not attentive. Food was great but the service is truly below par for the class of restaurant they are. No one (manager or waiter) came by to see how their customers were happy with everything.Special Features:
- Exquisite!MaggiedacatDined on 7/25/2014From dropping off the car at valet to picking it up at the end and every moment in between - exquisite! Beautiful grounds greet and surround you, every member of staff goes out of their way to accommodate you in this oasis in the middle of LA. We had lunch outdoors on a warm day but it was still pleasant. The food was delicious and beautifully presented and the service was impeccable. And the restroom was gorgeous! Never would have visited if they hadn't participated in Dinela - but now we will definitely come back for special occasions or with out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGNIFIQUE!LadiesWhoLunchDined on 7/23/2014Everything Wolfgang and his staff prepares is special. Even the simplest dish becomes a work of culinary art in their hands. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLA LunchDobefotoDined on 7/23/2014First time here - went for the DineLA lunch which was a bargain at $25 plus $20 for wine pairing. The ambiance overwhelms everything, and the food was very good. I had the (main course) pasta with chanterelles. The other two selections were fresh fish with a $12 surcharge and lamb which was really a falafel type pita sandwich. I think they could have done better with those selections. When you go to DineLA, you want to pay the original prix fixe price, and it's disappointing that they couldn't come up with a third entree that didn't have a surcharge. My Burrata and Peach salad was beautiful and tasty!Special Features:
- patrickVIPDined on 7/23/2014I am a long time patron of the restaurant at the Bel Air, and have always loved being there, and this was my first visit there since the Dorchester Group re-did it. I'm sorry to say I think it lost a lot in the transition. The restaurant is ultra modern, which doesn't go at all with the overall ambience of the hotel itself. The outdoor dining space is still very nice, and on a nice warm California day, it would be very pleasant. The day I was there, it was so hot that we decided to sit inside, and that's when I decided I really dislike what they've done. Wolfgang Puck's food is always delicious, both here and at Spago. Sadly, both of these places have not benefited from being "modernized"---they've completely lost their charm.Special Features:
- We had a very pleasant lunchFresserDined on 7/22/2014The food and service was outstanding and the ambience on a lovely summer day is wonderful. Definitely we plan to come back.Special Features:
- DineLA 2014TaysteeDined on 7/22/2014Food was wonderful and definitely unique. I think the best part though was the impeccable service and beautiful ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!love2eatDined on 7/21/2014Went to Wolfgang Puck's to celebrate my friend's birthday. We were seated at a booth overlooking the patio. The setting was beautiful. It also happened to be DineLA, so we took advantage of the prix-fixe menu. I ordered the veal cheeks which melted in my mouth. It was complimented well by corn puree and baby mushrooms. I also had the heirloom tomato soup and chocolate ganache bar which were also divine. My friend was equally impressed with her selections. Our server, Tim, did an excellent job, and his arrivals were perfectly timed. We were quite impressed and would not hesitate to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Lunch - LovelySherryDined on 7/21/2014Chose to have a ladies lunch at Hotel Bel-Air during DineLA week. Lovely surroundings, great food.Special Features:
- LOST IN BEL AIRVIVALAPANTDined on 7/19/2014Experience was lovely! Food was very good, Mr. Puck did a good job representing his cuisine at Restaurant Week. Good value. I had the sommelier wine pairing and it was excellent. Waitress was the best, very courteous staff including valet parking. Hard to find Stone Canyon nowadays as apparently neighbors complained and required Bel Air Hotel to remove the small sign indicating the entrance from Sunset Blvd. Not even GPA helps. Counterproductive, as it seems now more lost souls are roaming the expensive, exclusive neighborhood trying to find their way!!! As we waited to be seated, the restaurant staff took two such phone calls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service & very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Beautiful atmosphere first of all & impeccable service from the minute we walked in. The creative cocktails are another high point of dining here. Very romantic & the perfect evening for a couples night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionJstarchildDined on 7/18/2014For any dining experience day or night, WP at HBA is always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worldtravelerVIPDined on 7/17/2014It is a perfect place to be. Perfect. The entrance through the gardens and past the swan into the dining room where every waiter is excellent and professional. That is the only word to describe it. Perfect. Hopefully your dining guests will rise to the level of your working staff and the sheer beauty of the hotel.Special Features:
- Pay for the name, not the mealDuckieVIPDined on 7/16/2014While Mr. Puck's creativity was evident in the presentation, overall we were not impressed with the tastes. We also resented having our bill increased 50% if we wanted 1 of the 3 appetizers or 1 of the 3 entree offers on the Dine LA menu. If you are participating in a city-wide promotion, don't offer choices that are consistent with the regularly priced menu.Special Features:
- Perfect Spot for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/16/2014First time back at the Bel Air Hotel since the remodel and it's as beautiful as we remembered. We sat in a comfortable booth on the alfresco patio. Beautiful setting with a bougainvilla arbor and fresh flowers on the table. The DineLA menu is a real bargain. A concentrated watermelon cube with a hint of harissa started the lunch as an amuse bouche. We ordered the white corn salad and burrata mozzarella, accompanied by two kinds of warm bread, followed by mushroom fettucini and lamb merguez pita with felafel (a huge plate). Very tasty! Dessert was to die for. Definitely order each choice and share. Apricot sorbet (the best ever) on meringue circles and warm cookies. Definitely will return. Service-Ambience-Food. Everything was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegGourmetDined on 7/15/2014The Dine LA menu had several delicious options for us veggie folks, and the dishes were outstanding! Corn salad and fresh pasta with chanterelle mushrooms were very memorable. The wine pairings were brilliant. And the setting could not have been more beautiful and relaxing. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patioMellieVIPDined on 7/15/2014I would return but the food left much to be desired. I'm surprised with Pucks name on the place that the food isn't much to write home aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!PlainjaneVIPDined on 7/14/2014So thankful they participate in DineLA. Outstanding value for super premium dining experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as alwaysPlainjaneVIPDined on 7/14/2014Everything, from the orchids on the table to each and every course epitomizes perfection. Such an amazing location with gloriously presented cuisine to matchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Enjoy our relaxing lunch. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reviewbrooklynDined on 7/9/2014The ambience is great but I was disappointed with the food. It used to be better before Wolfgang Puck took it over. I have been going there for years and the food was much better - NR salad was boring - hamburger was good - fries -very good - chicken salad sandwich - good.Special Features:
- Sets the StandardBrentwoodFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014Delicious food, outstanding service in a beautiful setting. Still the crown jewel on the west side.Special Features:
- Perfect food, wine, and serviceJstarchildDined on 7/4/2014Everyone on the Wolfgang Puck/ Hotel Bel Air team were courteous, kind, and professional. The hostess made a special request for me with the Chef when I called to inquire the night before we dined. My date and I had a fantastic evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PSILoveFoodVIPDined on 6/24/2014One of the best restaurants in Los Angeles -- both for buisness and for pleasure. Great service.Special Features:
- Wolfgang PuckViennaMMDined on 6/20/2014Very good food... Nice and professional service. Prices were way out of line and not completely worth what we paid for but it was overall a great experience at a very lovely hotel in a beautiful areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect locationwilkima1Dined on 6/7/2014Went for a birthday lunch and it was everything I had hoped for to make it a special day. Hadn't been back since the remodel and was hoping it hadn't changed too much. It had only changed for the better - still the same wonderful hideaway it was before. We felt calm and relaxed after having lunch on the patio. Perfect service and food, and loved the comfortable booth we were seated in. Can't wait to go back in the evening for a cocktail in the bar. Loved the new decor in the bar and the giant black and white photos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014Beautiful setting for a special lunch with women friends.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointingRFarberVIPDined on 6/2/2014Extremely disappointing. Sent both entrees back. Bolognese was too salty to eat and Halibut was fishy and had anchovies in the sauce that were not mentioned on the menu. Green tea ice cream tasted like seaweed and flourless chocolate cake was tasteless. Tortilla soup was good and grilled cheese sandwish was good. But these items are not what we go to the Bel Air for. Of course there is nothing like the setting and the ambiance. But the food was abysmal.
- A GEM!piamomiaDined on 6/1/2014This place is a GEM! The hotel itself has it's own high end reputation and to top it off Wolfgang Puck being the head chef of their restaurant just tips your hat off. Went for Sunday Brunch, food was amazing from the starters down to the desserts heaven! Genuine service which is so hard to find these days and believe go here and you will definitely not mind giving them a handsome tip. That goes to everyone who works at this wonderful hotel, from the Valet to the Pool Boys! Another plus they have Bloody Mary Bar on Sundays!Special Features:
- Great experiencebusinessDined on 5/29/2014Great food, service and overall experience. Expected a top shelf evening and was not disappointed one bit. Not one time could I have said "it would have been better if....."Special Features:
- We had the best waitress ever!ScarlettDined on 5/25/2014Food was great. The piano player in lounge makes an after dinner drink a must. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice escapeItalophileDined on 5/22/2014Generally very attentive and professional service and great food and ambience. My only comment was things were a bit slow. Restaurant was less than half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 192 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air reviews archive.
- Just a little disappointedSushi4meVIPDined on 5/9/2014Couldn't pick a lovelier spot for lunch. Service was attentive (except for asking how my food was). The food was somewhat mixed - guessing I ordered the wrong thing, maybe even the one wrong thing on the menu. The pea soup was awesome - tasted like spring itself. Unfortunately, the short rib pastrami sandwich was unpleasant - greasy, fried on griddle, overflowing with melted cheese that buried the meat - wasn't expecting that at all from the menu description. My wife on the other hand thoroughly enjoyed her BBQ salmon salad. The ambience was perfect, and we had a very pleasant walk around the grounds.Special Features: