Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air
701 Stone Canyon Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90077Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/los-angeles/hotel-bel-air/restaurant-bars/wolfgang-puck-at-hotel-bel-air/
- Phone: (310) 909-1644
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:30am; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Afternoon Tea: Friday & Saturday 3:00pm & 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian
- Executive Chef: Hugo Bolanos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room has a gorgeous glass wine cellar displaying 2400 bottles of wine. The space features a marble fireplace and has been expanded to accommodate 14 guests with enough space to mingle before dinner. The Chef will cater to our guests with special treats and the famous Chef choice tasting menu will always be an option.
- Private Party Contact: Hotel Bel - Air 3109091644x
A word from Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air features modern California with European and Mediterranean influences in a spectacular garden setting embracing the fabulous California lifestyle of indoor and outdoor living. All of our menus showcase the best of California's wonderful, fresh ingredients such as produce from Chino Farms and local farmers' markets, all natural poultry and sustainable seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air - Best Restaurants in Bel-Air ›
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (30)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (29)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (13)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Bland Sunday fareBrubelVIPDined on 11/23/2014Although I tend to think this place is generally overrated for food, it's a nice place to sit and have a meal. We were there on a Sunday night, and although it's still a nice place to sit and have a meal, we sat a very long time before getting any food. When the food finally came, it was bland, bland, bland. The waiter was very nice professional about it, but we had the impression that Sunday was not the night to go to the Bel Air Hotel for a meal. There was a very definite "weekend left-overs" feel to the meal.
- Always great for brunchMikeVIPDined on 11/16/2014The Bel Air hotel is a wonderful place to stroll around, eat brunch, and just generally forget the world. The food is good as well, but not the primary reason one selects this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulmadimattVIPDined on 11/9/2014So happy we came here! The surroundings are beautiful, the service was exceptional and the menu very interesting. They even have a whole other vegetarian/vegan menu! Try to come during the day to appreciate your surroundings. Beautiful fireplace too indoors. We were kept quite warm with patio heaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jkl1VIPDined on 11/5/2014Dinner was fabulous. Service was superb. The additional amuse bouche and extras after dessert were thoughtful and fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorldtravelerworldtravelerVIPDined on 10/26/2014In all the world there is no finer place to dine, especially for a family member's birthday celebration, than the Hotel Bel Air. If you are fortunate enough to secure one of the outdoor alcoves, it is even better. Service, attention to detail, food preparation and attention to wild caught and organic foods is excellent. Walking over the bridge from the parking lot into the hotel grounds remains incredible. There just is no better place to be for a special or even a not so special moment.Special Features:
- unique culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014There were things we loved and things that tasted...interesting. Overall, it was a unique and very tasty culinary experience, and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- MacrobioticGirl1Dined on 10/13/2014pureed leek soup was bland. Some Vegetables were not cooked well. Parsnips were well cooked & seasoned. Waiter was no where to be found when I had to send food back. Tuna tartar- from previous night was bland. Did the chef taste the seasoning?Special Features:
- Best lunch experience everAblabbyDined on 10/11/2014Great service from the valet Parking attendant to the hostess to the server. My new favorite place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magical settingeeeewwwwwDined on 10/10/2014loved this restaurant. had dinner one night and brunch on sunday. we are always on the go; and while we enjoy food and new restaurants while we travel, it's rare that we linger and just enjoy where we are. this restaurant is so lovely, and the food is so good, we truly relaxed and savored every moment.Special Features:
- Loved ItISI0410VIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was great. Service perfect...great romantic night out!! will def be backSpecial Features:
- Simply superbBrianTXVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great evening, across the board. Perhaps one of the most memorable meals I've had in a LOOOONG time. Since I travel and eat out extensively (and internationally), this is saying a lot. Service was outstanding, food was very inventive (especially the desert), the ambiance was perfect, and yet it was not busy, so it was very quiet. We sat in the room with the fireplace. Cannot recommend more highly.Special Features:
- Anniversary NightWestsideRealtorDined on 9/15/2014Went for my anniversary and Wolfgang Puck at the Bel Air lived up to my vision for a beautifully romantic evening. The restaurant and ambiance was beautiful. The service and staff was friendly and very accommodating and the food and cocktail selection was exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Brunch CelebrationnHealthyOptDined on 9/14/2014We celebrated our daughter's birthday and we could not have chosen a better location. An outdoor garden dining experience with a satisfying menu of choices. It made for a memorable afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not imagine a better placeRSK01Dined on 9/7/2014Obrien did a fantastic job. In a city full of great dining experiences, this one didn't disappoint. A++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for fine dining.stylefoodieDined on 8/20/2014such a hodge podge of connected spaces smack in the middle with a main walkway on both sides with staff coming and going, music from the lounge ..wait staff seemed to be preoccupided; one asked " how are my 2 blondies doing"? I had the veal chop and it was dilicious. I like the lounge and the entertainment. I would go back to the lounge for the entertainment...seemed comfortableSpecial Features:
- First-class experiencehappycamperDined on 8/16/2014I love Hotel Bel Air restaurant. I came here to celebrate my sixth wedding anniversary, and everything about the meal was outstanding, from the waiter's subtle sense of humor to the quality of the cuisine and the décor/ambiance of the dining area. The set-up of the dining area manages to be private yet communal at the same time. The spacing between tables is more generous than it is at many high-end restaurants, so you can enjoy conversation at your own table without interference from the noise level generated at other tables. The popularity of the restaurant means that the occupancy level is high, so you also get to enjoy some people-watching. The best of both worlds, IMO.Special Features:
- A vacation away from the LA crazyTfoodieDined on 8/13/2014We dined at the Hotel Bel Air during a business trip to Los Angeles and it was absolutely lovely. The ambience the staff, the serene al fresco dining…what a nice break from a very hectic trip. We will be back and will most likely end up staying at the hotel. It is a special gem in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- dadesVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food in a beautiful enviroment. The only negative was the waitress who was slow and not as attentive as one would expect at a high end restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!Mrt28Dined on 7/29/2014Went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Service was great and ambiance was romantic...only a few tables had seatings(I wonder why?). Oh, because the food was overpriced and not worth mentioning. We are not full portion eaters and we left hungry. Very unfortunate for such a beautiful setting.
- The following 228 reviews are from the Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air reviews archive.
- daniDined on 7/25/2014Was totally delicious and worth every penny. an excellent dining experience. made my daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Management is AbsentSeafoodloverDined on 7/25/2014With reservation, we still needed to wait for another 15 min STANDING. There is no chair for waiting guests to sit. The receptionist must have had a bad day. Food took forever to come despite of notifying the waiter our time restrain. Missing utensils after main course had arrived. Called waiters 3 times for utensils. In Lawry, the waiters pull the chairs or table open for you to sit down, but WGP waiters didn't. The waiters were not attentive. Food was great but the service is truly below par for the class of restaurant they are. No one (manager or waiter) came by to see how their customers were happy with everything.Special Features:
- Exquisite!MaggiedacatDined on 7/25/2014From dropping off the car at valet to picking it up at the end and every moment in between - exquisite! Beautiful grounds greet and surround you, every member of staff goes out of their way to accommodate you in this oasis in the middle of LA. We had lunch outdoors on a warm day but it was still pleasant. The food was delicious and beautifully presented and the service was impeccable. And the restroom was gorgeous! Never would have visited if they hadn't participated in Dinela - but now we will definitely come back for special occasions or with out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVEJstarchildDined on 7/23/2014Always so much love for Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel Air!Special Features:
- MAGNIFIQUE!LadiesWhoLunchDined on 7/23/2014Everything Wolfgang and his staff prepares is special. Even the simplest dish becomes a work of culinary art in their hands. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLA LunchDobefotoDined on 7/23/2014First time here - went for the DineLA lunch which was a bargain at $25 plus $20 for wine pairing. The ambiance overwhelms everything, and the food was very good. I had the (main course) pasta with chanterelles. The other two selections were fresh fish with a $12 surcharge and lamb which was really a falafel type pita sandwich. I think they could have done better with those selections. When you go to DineLA, you want to pay the original prix fixe price, and it's disappointing that they couldn't come up with a third entree that didn't have a surcharge. My Burrata and Peach salad was beautiful and tasty!Special Features:
- patrickVIPDined on 7/23/2014I am a long time patron of the restaurant at the Bel Air, and have always loved being there, and this was my first visit there since the Dorchester Group re-did it. I'm sorry to say I think it lost a lot in the transition. The restaurant is ultra modern, which doesn't go at all with the overall ambience of the hotel itself. The outdoor dining space is still very nice, and on a nice warm California day, it would be very pleasant. The day I was there, it was so hot that we decided to sit inside, and that's when I decided I really dislike what they've done. Wolfgang Puck's food is always delicious, both here and at Spago. Sadly, both of these places have not benefited from being "modernized"---they've completely lost their charm.Special Features:
- We had a very pleasant lunchFresserDined on 7/22/2014The food and service was outstanding and the ambience on a lovely summer day is wonderful. Definitely we plan to come back.Special Features:
- DineLA 2014TaysteeDined on 7/22/2014Food was wonderful and definitely unique. I think the best part though was the impeccable service and beautiful ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!love2eatDined on 7/21/2014Went to Wolfgang Puck's to celebrate my friend's birthday. We were seated at a booth overlooking the patio. The setting was beautiful. It also happened to be DineLA, so we took advantage of the prix-fixe menu. I ordered the veal cheeks which melted in my mouth. It was complimented well by corn puree and baby mushrooms. I also had the heirloom tomato soup and chocolate ganache bar which were also divine. My friend was equally impressed with her selections. Our server, Tim, did an excellent job, and his arrivals were perfectly timed. We were quite impressed and would not hesitate to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Lunch - LovelySherryVIPDined on 7/21/2014Chose to have a ladies lunch at Hotel Bel-Air during DineLA week. Lovely surroundings, great food.Special Features:
- A nice ambienceYasu360VIPDined on 7/21/2014I went during LA dine wk. 3 courses are great. Their food was like an art. I want go back again.Special Features:
- LOST IN BEL AIRVIVALAPANTDined on 7/19/2014Experience was lovely! Food was very good, Mr. Puck did a good job representing his cuisine at Restaurant Week. Good value. I had the sommelier wine pairing and it was excellent. Waitress was the best, very courteous staff including valet parking. Hard to find Stone Canyon nowadays as apparently neighbors complained and required Bel Air Hotel to remove the small sign indicating the entrance from Sunset Blvd. Not even GPA helps. Counterproductive, as it seems now more lost souls are roaming the expensive, exclusive neighborhood trying to find their way!!! As we waited to be seated, the restaurant staff took two such phone calls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service & very romanticAngelicaBDined on 7/18/2014Beautiful atmosphere first of all & impeccable service from the minute we walked in. The creative cocktails are another high point of dining here. Very romantic & the perfect evening for a couples night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionJstarchildDined on 7/18/2014For any dining experience day or night, WP at HBA is always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worldtravelerVIPDined on 7/17/2014It is a perfect place to be. Perfect. The entrance through the gardens and past the swan into the dining room where every waiter is excellent and professional. That is the only word to describe it. Perfect. Hopefully your dining guests will rise to the level of your working staff and the sheer beauty of the hotel.Special Features:
- Pay for the name, not the mealDuckieVIPDined on 7/16/2014While Mr. Puck's creativity was evident in the presentation, overall we were not impressed with the tastes. We also resented having our bill increased 50% if we wanted 1 of the 3 appetizers or 1 of the 3 entree offers on the Dine LA menu. If you are participating in a city-wide promotion, don't offer choices that are consistent with the regularly priced menu.Special Features:
- Perfect Spot for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/16/2014First time back at the Bel Air Hotel since the remodel and it's as beautiful as we remembered. We sat in a comfortable booth on the alfresco patio. Beautiful setting with a bougainvilla arbor and fresh flowers on the table. The DineLA menu is a real bargain. A concentrated watermelon cube with a hint of harissa started the lunch as an amuse bouche. We ordered the white corn salad and burrata mozzarella, accompanied by two kinds of warm bread, followed by mushroom fettucini and lamb merguez pita with felafel (a huge plate). Very tasty! Dessert was to die for. Definitely order each choice and share. Apricot sorbet (the best ever) on meringue circles and warm cookies. Definitely will return. Service-Ambience-Food. Everything was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegGourmetDined on 7/15/2014The Dine LA menu had several delicious options for us veggie folks, and the dishes were outstanding! Corn salad and fresh pasta with chanterelle mushrooms were very memorable. The wine pairings were brilliant. And the setting could not have been more beautiful and relaxing. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patioMellieVIPDined on 7/15/2014I would return but the food left much to be desired. I'm surprised with Pucks name on the place that the food isn't much to write home aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!PlainjaneVIPDined on 7/14/2014So thankful they participate in DineLA. Outstanding value for super premium dining experience.Special Features: