Wolf In The Fog
150 Fourth Street
Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Wolf In The Fog
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfinthefog.com/
- Phone: 2507259653
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily from 11:00am - midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Nick Nutting
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Occasional Entertainment nights coming soon
A word from Wolf In The Fog
Food & Drink inspired by Tofino.Continued
Wolf in the Fog has two floors, two bars, two patios and one kitchen helmed by Chef Nick Nutting. In the center of town overlooking Clayoquot Sound.
Wolf in the Fog has two floors, two bars, two patios and one kitchen helmed by Chef Nick Nutting. In the center of town overlooking Clayoquot Sound.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Wolf In The Fog - Best Restaurants in Tofino ›
Wolf In The Fog reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (25)great for outdoor dining (22)scenic view (21)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (12)romantic (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Amazing cedar sourtrixie100000000Dined on 9/19/2014To go with the potato encrusted oyster! So delicious! Would like to go back and try more food options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tofino Gem!CSkyeDined on 9/18/2014My Father said those were the best clams he's ever had - ever - complete with mushrooms the restaurant had foraged themselves. For me, it was perfect, fresh halibut and a glass of wine to match. We had dinner upstairs where there was a hip, yet polished ambiance with a view of the town and harbour. Dinner and lattes were served on china collected from all over the island - a nice nod to reusing that came across as charming. This is my new favourite dinner spot in Tofino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner.BreacDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I visited the Wolf in the Fog for dinner. I ordered the Jamaican Fried Fish and it was excellent. We will return to the Wolf in the Fog on our next trip to Tofino.Special Features:
- Awesome food, service and viewKevinDined on 9/15/2014This was our best meal in BC, and given the high quality of food in/near Vancouver, that's saying something. Everything we ordered here (we went there twice) was special in some way. The Tofino Brewing IPA on tap was the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodWhippet2014Dined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful meal at Wolf In The Fog! Unfortunately the music and service was a little pedestrian. Or perhaps I should say lacked professionalism. There are some great places in Tofino to find first class food and for now Wolf In The Fog is my favorite. The Halibut was to die for !Special Features:
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My daughter and I enjoyed a delicious meal after a day in the water learning to surf in Tofino. Everything we ate was scrumptious and the atmosphere had a relaxed friendly free, so much so that we struck up a conversation with the guests next to us visiting from England, which made for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Checks all the boxesShayalDined on 8/31/2014Great drinks and great food. The sharing plates are definitely value for money. We will be back when next in Tofino!Special Features:
- Unique and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Had dinner here on the September long weekend for the first time, heard good things so figured we would try this new Tofino spot. Busy on a sunday night, definitely recommend making reservations so that you are seated upstairs either inside or on the patio. We shared the crabcake and potato crusted oysters to start - crabcake was unbelievable (as it should be for $19) but will say its probably the best we've had. Ordered the fried fish and burger for dinner - the fish was good, but the burger was outstanding, would go back again just for burgers for sure. Finished the meal off with the butterscotch creme brulee, which was to die for. You cannot leave this place without trying this! Overall, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Great addition to the Tofino dining scene. In fact, the best restaurant on the Island. Nick, Jorge, and Andre have put together a stylish, smart, dining scene with outstanding cuisine. Bravo!Special Features:
- TOSandy15Dined on 8/26/2014My partner and I enjoyed every aspect of the evening. The burger and duck confit were delicious and perfectly seasoned. The fried oyster is a must!! If you can only go to one restaurant in Tofino, make it this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!PattiDined on 8/25/2014We dined here on our recent trip to Tofino after reading a review. What a find! Food was outstanding...service was outstanding...view was outstanding....and the restaurant itself was beautiful with interesting art everywhere to look at. Beautiful design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf to the wolf n the fogHersheyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great eating spot to round out your west coast visit. Great selection of food in Avery cool and lively location. Strongly suggest if you are going to Tofino make time to stop. Potatoe crusted oysters... ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aussiegirl27Dined on 8/21/2014I loved this place the food is amazing and the price was very reasonable. Great for a couple looking to have a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Fresh and localmikeandannDined on 8/20/2014We had a great meal at The Wolf in the Fog! The fish was off the charts delicious. All of the produce is locally sourced. Sit outside on the second floor for a great view and people watching. Our waitress was very personable, helpful, and attentive. Everyone was friendly. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spot in TofinoyuchDined on 8/18/2014We had our first dining experience this week and loved it. Great menu, inventive food, great staff, and great bar. We will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodbrownbearDined on 8/18/2014Enjoyed a lovely evening while on vacation to tofino, great food and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous ExperienceNibblesDined on 8/18/2014In a town where there are a lot of "Ok" eats, the Wolf in the Fog is in a league all its own. The ambience is relaxing and sophisticated at the same time. The views are outstanding. The service is friendly and very attentive - there are two of us requiring significant food modifications and they didn't even flinch...they made all modifications, easily, efficiently and still produced a brilliant meal. A must for the foodies out there.Special Features:
- Great new find!moni1964Dined on 8/17/2014Only open two months, the Wolf in the Fog is a great new addition to the Tofino dining scene. While it has a limited menu, the choices are innovative and delicious. The second floor space itself is beautiful with high ceilings. We arrived with a large group of 9 - appreciate being able to make a reservation! Service is friendly and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All very goodThegreedyaussieDined on 8/14/2014Ticks all the boxes good food, service and wine. Would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyVIPDined on 8/12/2014First time here and it was wonderful. The duck was superior and nice Prosecco offering. We will come back again when in area.Special Features:
- Great Restraurant Addition TofinotofinolocalDined on 8/10/2014We had lunch there several times, loved the food and recently my first dinner experience. We had "Dinner to Share" the Stampede for 2 people. The food was excellent. The flank stake grilled to my perfection, tender and juicy, it did have quite a bit of fat which I don't eat, thus left me with little meat. The veggies served with it were superb but could have been a little bit more. I am not a big eater by any means (I'm 115 lb) and I dislike huge overfilled plates. But the portion to feed 2 people was a bit scarce and we came hunry. The restaurant is vibrant, tasteful and modern. Attentive service and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Fantastic!WolfDined on 8/9/2014On all counts this was a notable dining experience. Creative, tasty food choices. Super knowledgable server and great atmosphere. Two 8 yr old boys were looked after well! Do not leave without having their oyster (especially if you're a truffle fan), their fries, the burger and if you're lucky Hailey the bartender will make you a jalapeño strawberry margarita - Y U M. These guys are contenders for Air Canada's En Route best new restaurant. They should win - hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JR1960Dined on 8/8/2014Totally enjoyed our evening at Wolf in the Fog! Was a highlight to our overall wonderful stay in Tofino! I had the Fruit & Beet Salad and the Halibut! Both were delicious. We ordered the bread as a starter. All three breads were really outstanding. We had the Butterscotch Brulee for dessert which was a fabulous! So glad we had the opportunity to dine at Wolf in the Fog.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014The share platters and cocktail bowls to share are amazing.Special Features:
- Hungry like a Wolf?whatscookingVIPDined on 7/26/2014Skip lunch and come here for dinner starving. You'll want everything on the menu. Our Saturday night dinner was so good we cancelled our Sunday reservations else where and came again. From the impossibly delicious potatoe fried oysters and clever sides and salads to the platter load of flank steak and veggies, we ate like Viking kings, but with the ease and casualness of hanging out on our front porch. Truly one of the best dinning experiences we have ever had. In that the food was of the highest priority and the staff and decor was of confident casualness and genuine sincerity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The highlight of our trip!lindaDined on 7/26/2014Both the food and the decor is outstanding. The ambience in the restaurant is casual yet so beautiful at the same time. And the food was one taste sensation after another. The menu has something for everyone, but done several notches up from what you might be expecting. The oysters were great (and I don't even like oysters...you have to try them), the beef tartare so smooth and indulgent. The seaweed salad makes you feel like you are in Tofino and glad that you are doing something special. The mains and desserts are equally notable. Our service was the perfect amount of friendly but efficient. This is somewhere you definitely shouldn't miss if you are in Tofino!Special Features:
- Great food, service has issues.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Food was delicious but service has some kinks to work out. The food was really well presented and the crab cakes, squid and beef tartar were particularly good. Servers were friendly but... We got our appies at the same time as drinks and mains when we were half through the appies. Dessert menus before one of us had finished main and espresso after dessert was done and only when we inquired. Done dinner in 50 minutes without dessert, so not the experience we enjoy. Tables are very close together. Would try againSpecial Features:
- best thing you can do for yourselfMALEReviewDined on 7/20/2014You are greeted with a friendly smile and you are whisked upstairs to a beautiful room with fabulous local art. The menu is presented and immediately you regret only having one stomach, lucky cows! The drink is presented hand crafted by true craftsman, then you are primed for the ultimate meal! Lovingly prepared by a brigade of dedicated artisans that are lead by the general of all generals. Every dish must pass Chef Nick's keen eye and only the best will do to be served from his kitchen!! This place of gastronomic delight will find itself enjoying the popularity and longevity that comes with dedication and desire to do their best. It shows in everything they produce and I am one am grateful. Go experience the Wolf in the Fog!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place To Be Scene & eat LocalFoodCritDined on 7/20/2014Upon entering a very welcoming staff and busy décor with lots of neat focal points. Tables were very cramped and close together and not a place to enjoy conversation because very noisy. Food was delicious and great use of local produce and meats in season. Beef tatare was fantasic and the octopus in the Spanish party meal was the winner of the meal. Overall, great food, awesome menu choices and as for the atmosphere if you are a hipster you will love it!Special Features:
- Great food ! A must try!italyjunkieDined on 7/10/2014We had a fantastic dinner. I would recommend the potato crusted oyster and the Stampede sharing plate. Both were over the top delicious. The server was fantastic and we managed to stay for 3 hours enjoying a great meal. The restaurant itself is beautifully finished and has a funky edge to it. 5 stars from me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but rushed.Foodie74Dined on 7/6/2014Beautiful new restaurant, extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff. Only downfall was how quickly it was all over. Appetizers came almost immediately and entrée was out before the appetizers were done. Would like to have had a little more time to enjoy the restaurant and views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab time had at the FogTime2dineDined on 7/5/2014Great attentive service. Excellent appetizers. Tuna tartare and octopus were our faves . We ordered mains as well and Our cocktails ,while a little pricey, were addictive ~ ( the cedar sour should be promoted all over the globe!) Fab vibe inside, which only fueled our excitement. We tried what was close to half the menu and my sister in law being a chef, was our guide. She was more than pleased by her experience and we took her lead. Furthermore, we were drawn back in the morning by that hot looking coffee machine we noticed on our way in. We were So excited to try The Wolf in Fog ~ and it looks like as though know how to steer and find their way through the mist and gorgeous town that is Tofino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative new option in tofinoeemgVIPDined on 6/29/2014enjoyable meal in a creatively designed space. we liked our food and cocktails quite a bit. jamaican fried fish was a standout. the waitress was a bit inexperienced and didn't know the menu well, though maybe that's to be expected given how new the restaurant is. feels upscale, but still very casual. (only downside was that they initially seated us inside at an upstairs table next to the patio door, which creates a huge draft. it's an uncomfortable table and we asked to be moved; the restaurant obliged. i noticed other couples follow the same routine: once seated there, they shortly asked to be moved. the restaurant should probably find a better use for that spot than a dining table.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Punchbowls & Cocktails!reenabobinaDined on 6/27/2014They have a sophisticated cocktail menu, and a less sophisticated, casual punch bowls which my partner & I shared. We got the "purple drank." It was delicious & fun way to start the evening. My favorite cocktail was the Cedar one. It was a great balance of flavours. Food was delicious also. We got the burger w/ fries for our mains, & for appetizers we got the spicy beef tartare which was surprisingly good! It was more of an indian-spiced (think garam masala) beef tartare but it was delicious. You could tell it was a new restaurant as our server was still getting used to everything and was nervous. She spilled water on me but made up for it by a round of drinks for us - great service! I would totally come back here next time I'm in Tofino.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Wolf In The Fog reviews archive.