Wokcano - Valencia
24201 W Valencia Blvd Suite 3452
Valencia, CA 91355Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wokcano - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wokcanorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (661) 288-1913
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Catering menu available. Please email email@example.com for a copy to be emailed to you or call the restaurant directly to place your order. Large orders must be placed 48 hours in advance.
- Private Party Facilities: Two elegant private dining rooms are available. For parties of 30 or more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact number, date and time or reservation, number of guests & location (i.e. Valencia) for details
- Entertainment: Come join us for Happy Hour daily from 3pm-6pm and Late Night Happy Hour from 9pm-2am (Sunday - Thursday)!!! We feature a full bar with lounge and wide flat screen TV to enjoy some entertainment while snacking on & drinking our great happy hour deals.
A word from Wokcano - Valencia
Welcome to Wokcano! Located in the popular Westfield Valencia Town Center, we boast a full bar and lounge, expansive dining room, as well as private party facilities to accommodate any need. Not only that, we are open 365 days a year from 11am to 2am! So, whether you are looking for a quick business lunch, romantic date, or a late night snack, we are here for you. Our exquisite selection of sushi & vast array of delicious Chinese food paired with our warm lighting, hip music and wood-accented decor, you are sure to find everything you are looking for at Wokcano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wokcano - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The Asian dishes at Wokcano are very tasty and somewhat authentic. The service is outstanding. Would highly recommend.
- Great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Everything was really tasty except the spicy basil shrimp was way too salty. Red dragon sushi was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedSCVTechDined on 9/27/2014I didn't expect to not like the place, but figured it would be rather ordinary and over-priced. I had a group of 9 for my first trip to Wokcano and didn't know how well they would handle us. In fact they did an excellent job. Our server was attentive and personable, we didn't have to wait an abnormally long time for food to arrive even though it was Saturday night, everything we had tasted great. I also thought the price was right where it should be. Although I am not in any way a sushi fan I expect to be back here for more of that excellent Black Pepper Beef Mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Took a group of 14 people and we were so well taken care of with Fine foods & service. Our server Michelle was so good. She knew everything about the menu, recommendations & what we needed before asking! CHEERS to MichelleSpecial Features:
- Great family nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Our waiter was very attentive and professional. The food portion was enormous so if you have kids they can definitely share. It was very happening on a Friday night at 7:30pm but not too loud that we couldn't talk to each other. I liked that we could make our reservation for 4 for a Friday night at 7. That is usually unheard of.Special Features:
- Dinner out with friendsDinnerwithfriendsDined on 8/16/2014Good food, but with our group wish we had a table in the round and maybe sat outside. Very loud inside but nice place and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/servicePhyerstormDined on 8/16/2014The Wokcano in Valencia is a terrific mix of flavors, fun, and food. Great sushi served impeccably, beautifully plated, and portions that are quite satisfying. Wait staff was excellent, accommodating, attentive without being intrusive. If you are in the mood for great sushi/fusion flavors/unusual combinations, Wokcano is excellent!Special Features:
- The following 253 reviews are from the Wokcano - Valencia reviews archive.
- Green light for good sushiNeighborVIPDined on 7/29/2014My colleague was concerned about eating sushi in a "chain" type restaurant. He was worried about the freshness. Well I talked him into trying it and it was even better than any of us expected! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- ExcellentKaraDined on 6/20/2014Went here for a birthday party of 7 people. I wasn't expecting much but the food was outstanding. I am still amazed how good it was! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost 5 starshappydinerDined on 6/20/2014The food was great, service was wonderful, and a very nice setting. There were two reasons I took a star off: 1) The wine list is VERY small and limited - speaking of the reds, didn't notice the whites as I drink only reds, and 2) they do nothing special for a birthday or anniversary. No small complimentary dessert like most restaurants. Not a huge issue, but lacked that small gesture of appreciation for dining there. Overall, I like the place and the service and look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday dinner!JennyDelightDined on 6/17/2014Our table was ready when we got there. Our waitress was very attentive even though out group was fairly big. The manager made an exception and allowed us to get happy hour at our table so we wouldn't have to move to the bar! This was so great! Thank you!!! I also got a super cute cake for my birthday brought out. Overall I chose the perfect place to book my birthday dinner! Thank you to everyone at Wockano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday get togetherhhinvalenciaDined on 6/14/2014Had a real good time Saturday night. Good sushi, sashimi, & other hot dishes. Really like the salt & pepper calamari with all the peppers. Curry Chicken always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014The food, presentation, service, and atmosphere, was great. Just a little loud for people who want to focus on chatting it up.Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Our server, Elizabeth was great! Food and drinks were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Great Restaurant. I have been to the Wokano's in downtown Los Angeles, and I have been to the Pasadena Wokano's. The Los Angeles location is probably my favorite, with Valencia second. The Pasadena location needs work. The design in Pasadena is more old fashioned, not very striking. We sat at the Happy Hour tables in the bar on Tuesday in Valencia. Wokano's should open up all of the tables to happy hour food. I hate sitting in the bar..Special Features:
- Mother's DayrgcotaDined on 5/12/2014Took my mom and grandmother here for Mother's Day, food was great, atmosphere was great, and service was great. Definitely plan on going back.Special Features:
- Over-ratedSantaClarita168Dined on 5/11/2014This restaurant has been in the Valencia mall for awhile, and I figured that we would give it a try for Mother's Day. We arrived a couple of minutes prior to our reservation time, and the hostess told us that we would be seated in 5 minutes. We waited a total of 25 minutes before we were seated....which is okay, except that she also seated someone without a reservation ahead of us. What's the point of me having a reservations then! What's really annoying is that they told us as soon as we sat down that food won't arrive until 30 minutes after the food order is put in. I know it's Mother's Day, but 30 mins?!? It would have been nice for them to tell us when we arrive. It's not like we could do anything at that point in timeSpecial Features:
- CandiGirlDined on 5/11/2014I had never been before so we decided to go to Wokcano's for Mother's Day this year. We had reservations and got right in. Our waiter was courteous and came to our table pretty quick to get our drink orders. There were 5 in our party and everyone was beyond satisfied with their dishes. My son, who does not usually like Asian food, even loved his Peppered Mignon. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJimmeeDined on 5/10/2014I made a reservation for a party of 12 but didn't get seated until 25 minutes later. It was busy due to Mother's Day weekend. We had a couple issues with some of the food and drinks but the staff and manager took care of us and made up for it. Overall the food was delicious and we had a great time. I would definitely go back and understand that it was extra busy because of Mother's Day weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best waiter ever!krisDined on 4/26/2014We can't express enough what a remarkably attentive and accommodating waiter Kevin has been both times he has waited on us. He gives informative and honest menu suggestions, is very genuine and quite frankly exemplifies what customer service is all about. Hopefully your service orientations take a page out of his book! Sincerely, Kristie and OscarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 72of500VIPDined on 4/23/2014Very good food and the decor is nice. Will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around goodRichardVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food and service was very good. Outdoor dining very nice setting for getting away from noise and people watching. a nice find in Valencia/Santa Clarita.Special Features:
- Tasty!LaineyODined on 4/13/2014There is a very good variety of food choices. The sushi is fresh and tasty. The wonton soup is a meal all on its own and I would recommend ordering family style so you can share the dishes. The service is fast and attentive, which adds to an enjoyable time at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDavidDined on 3/11/2014I love Wokano, Great food, good service and alwayts opened late night in Valencia.Special Features:
- Nice AtmospherewineanddineDined on 3/10/2014Food was really good as well as the service. It is a really quiet and nice atmosphereSpecial Features:
- It was good overall. The foodYesy79Dined on 2/22/2014It was good overall. The food was amazing! But we got stuck with a bad waitress it took her 30 minutes to bring my friend water and 25 minutes to take our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayMariaDined on 2/14/2014Food was absolutely phenomenal! My boyfriend and I dined here for dinner this Valentine's Day. The same day his alma mater was playing a basketball game against their rival. The staff didn't pressure us to leave although we were nearly done with our meal and the game went into double overtime. Friendly service and great portions. Go Sun Devils!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good to have choicesJohnDined on 2/14/2014Good food. Great service, even on Valentine's Day! The staff was super friendly and helpful. Loved the Dragon Breath martini!! It's great that you can choose from more traditional type Chinese dishes or Sushi dishes. My wife isn't a fan of sushi so I hardly ever have it but at Wokcano she can get her Shrimp with garlic sauce and fried rice(her favorite) while I can have all the rolls I can handle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!!roserubiesDined on 2/14/2014We've been to Wokcano's several times over the last two years. The food is excellent, with a ample variety to choose from. The service has been exceptional and the ambience is romantic, vibrant and suitable for children......during the day or in the evening. We have enjoyed Wokcano's by ourselves, with friends and with our 5 year old granddaughter. Highly recommend this restaurant to people of all ages for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday FunFoodLoverDined on 1/13/2014Went to celebrate my mom's birthday and my birthday and wanted to go somewhere different. Chose Wokcano's because most in our crowd had not been there more than once. They did not disappoint!! Our server, I believe her name was Jessica, was absolutely adorable, friendly, attentive and looked like she actually enjoyed her job. Entree's came out hot and delicious, and the house salad was amazing. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Wokano is one of our favoriteJojoDined on 12/31/2013Wokano is one of our favorite dining places. New Year's Eve however was a disappointment. mY salmon was overcooked and under seasoned as was my husbands meal. Under seasoning seems to be what we find in most moderately priced restaurants we have dined at. There seems to be an aversion to using the appropriate amount of salt to bring out the flavor of the food. Suggest the chief taste the food that he/she prepares.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Dinner 2013TimRDined on 12/25/2013Dined with 9 people total. 6 adults (1 post stroke victim and in a wheel chair) and 3 children. Table was ready on arrival @4:45pm and they accommodated the wheel chair perfectly. Good modern asian food and much appreciation was given to being open on Christmas. The food was excellent! Didn't like that we were sat next to similar sized party as waitress was distracted and less attentive. Other than that, my father-in-law was please and he is Crazy so the entire family was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2013The food was really good. Brussel Sprouts are amazing!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Really enjoyed our dinner. It is a favorite of ours.Special Features:
- the only problem was the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/16/2013the only problem was the music in the dining area. it was way too loud for conversation. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at WokcanoArun118tVIPDined on 12/4/2013We have been to this restaurant many times when we visit Valencia. The menu had changed and we had more choices. We. We're a party of four and one was vegetarian we decided to order all vegetarian dishes there was a vegan dish too that we Really enjoyed. A great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterScorpioC10Dined on 11/30/2013They have a very limited wine list. The seafood dish I ordered was bathing in excessive butter...not what I would consider healthy. Otherwise, the service was good.
- TastyWendyDined on 11/12/2013The food presentation was quite good and the sushi was delicious. One member of our group requested something not on the menu and they were able to accommodate with an equally tasty meal.Special Features:
- food very good, service not.hhinvalenciaDined on 11/2/2013we were a party of six. while the food was very good, our service was not. food took long time, server did not check in with us, had to get my own utensils. soda came to table after we had finished eating. you get the idea. I did notice that the table next to us, which seemed to be friends with the server, got very good service.Special Features:
- Hip ambiance, worth a tryMaryDined on 10/8/2013The dining experience overall was fine and I would try again, but the food was disappointing, with the exception of the vegetable tempura. My two types of tuna sushi seemed more like spam wrapped loosely in ordinary rice. The wasabi and ginger seemed commercialized and not authentic. My guest's wrap sandwich looked ok, but unimpressive. For a place with cool furniture, decor, and music (a bit loud for easy conversation), Wokcano was close, but no cigar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.