Wokcano - Pasadena
33 South Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wokcano - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wokcanorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6265781818
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 10:45am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Delivery service available with minimum purchase of $12 or more within a 3.5 miles. Delivery charge applies outside the 3.5 miles radius and $2 delivery fee applies after 3:30pm daily. Catering menu available. Please email email@example.com for a copy to be emailed to you or call the restaurant directly to place your order. Large orders must be placed at least 48 hours in advance.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party available for large parties up to 70 guests.
Buffet style dining/sit down dining.
Minimum of 30 guests. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include contact information, date and time, number of guests, and restaurant location (i.e. Pasadena).
- Private Party Contact: Shelly Chan 6265781818
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and on some selected holidays the DJ will be spinning at the bar.
- Special Events: Book your special event with us today! For all large party events (30 and above), please email email@example.com. Remember to include the restaurant location (i.e. Pasadena), date and time, number of guests, & contact information in the email.
- Cross Street: Colorado/Green
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking structure available across the street from the restaurant. Parking entrance is located on Green Street, Raymond or Fair Oaks. Between 10:00pm - 6:00am, $5 flat rate. Between 6:00am - 10:00pm first 90 minutes are free and every hour after is $2. $6 flat rate.
A word from Wokcano - Pasadena
Welcome to Wokcano located in Old Town Pasadena! We have prepared for you a wonderful and unique adventure in flavors with some of the very best dishes from China and Japan. We boast a full bar, enclosed outdoor patio space, hip night life, & sushi bar. Not only that, we are open 365 days a year from 11am to 2am! Till 4am from Thursday to Saturday! So, whether you are looking for a quick business lunch, romantic date, or a late night snack, we are here for you. Our exquisite selection of sushi & vast array of delicious Chinese food paired with our warm lighting, hip music and wood-accented decor, you are sure to find everything you are looking for at Wokcano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wokcano - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great spot for dinner with friendsfoodandfunDined on 10/7/2014I was looking for a restaurant that I thought my friends would enjoy. I had been to the Wokcano in downtown LA many times with my coworkers. It turned out to be a great choice. We all were pleased with what we ordered and the service we received. It was also nice to sit out on the patio and hang out with my friends. Will definitely return here.Special Features:
- Way too HOTFoodyLadyDined on 9/16/2014After sitting at our table for a while, we realize that there is no AC and it was becoming very uncomfortable. When we asked the waiter about the temperature he tried to avoid it, but said "yeah it's broke". We decided to make the best of it because we were waiting for more of the party to show up and really couldn't leave to another place. Grant it, the temperatures were very high in California at this time, and its not uncommon for AC problems. We should have been told at the door. Next we were introduced to a waitress that was to take over from the waiters duties. There remained a confusion all night regarding who actually was to serve us. Didn't really matter, we got everything needed, but it was an obvious, unorganized method.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Wokcano - Pasadena reviews archive.
- AMAZING 👍🍴LuvwokcanoDined on 6/24/2014Me, wife & the kids enjoy are stay. Great service and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun family dinnerfirsttimerDined on 5/10/2014All of our food was hot tasty and served in a reasonable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodomnironDined on 4/26/2014Really enjoyed the great tasting food. Ate from the sushi bar as well as the kitchen. The sushi was fresh and amazing. The crab fried fried and walnut shrimp were both the highlights of the meal. Service was fast and the staff were all friendly and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebration.EnjoyseatingoutDined on 4/16/2014It was a dinner for my husbands birthday. There was a lot if traffic and we were running late. They accommodated us though we were 15 mins late for our reservation and took care of us during dinner service. They also remembered it was my husbands birthday so they brought him a sundae with a candle in it without being prompted at the end of our meal!! All in all it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, service not soSAMSONDined on 4/5/2014We came in and were seated quickly but almost 10 min went by and not a server came near. My girlfriend had to go to the hostess to get some service. After that things were fine, but a poor start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoking and loud in outdoor area!MandosDadDined on 2/22/2014Overall the experience was alright. We decided to sit in the covered outdoor area, which initially was fine. A large group of twenty 15-20 sat behind us and they were Very loud, literally screaming and yelling, talking at the top of their voices. It was difficult to hear what my dates was saying to me. Then I began to smell cigarette smoke, we were not told that smoking was allowed in the outdoor dinning area. Will not go back to this Wokano location.Special Features:
- Whatever...JANFDined on 2/14/2014Service was not good. They sat us outside, which was fine until the chill kicked in. We asked the waiter to turn on the heat lamp, which he seemed happy to, but never did even after we asked twice. I order sushi, they took quite a while to bring me a soy sauce plate. We were checked on once. Food, well that was o.k. I would however go there again, but only to the bar or a late night find.Special Features:
- the place was small compareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014the place was small compare to the Burbank one but the atmosphere was niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomebutterfly8Dined on 1/18/2014I highly recommend the walnut shrimp it's to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurant!pasadenaloverDined on 1/4/2014This place had the best sushi. I would definitely recommend the firecracker roll. The prices are reasonable and the service was excellent. From the hostess to the waiter, they always made sure we were enjoying ourselves. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to other friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiFridayVIPDined on 12/31/2013I've been coming here for years, and I love every time. I moved to New York and every time I come back to visit, I make this one of my main stops. The bartender, Dave, makes great drinks, and is always provides great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night Happy Hour - YUM!julianne1030VIPDined on 12/19/2013Wokcano never fails to deliver DELICIOUS sushi and other tasty food! They have a great $5 apps and sushi rolls Late Night Happy Hour. Their Pasadena location was their first (I think) so it's small and simple compared to their Long Beach locations, which is massive. But the food is equally awesome at both places - and they are open LATE! Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ChoiceLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 10/1/2013Wokcano is a good Japanese fusion restaurant, with a reasonable selection of entrees, capably prepared. The service is friendly and efficient, and the ambiance is comfortable and basic.Special Features:
- NOT UP TO WOKANO STANDARDS1KTravelerVIPDined on 9/19/2013Having been to the Burbank store, I thought i'd try Pasadena. The reception didn't seem as slick and the menus had items lined out, rather than printing new ones. I ordered the crispy pepper calamari. Although it had good taste, the items had been over wokked and were hard to chew. The cold dish albacore was delicious, tender, and well presented. Although the dinner was good, it wasn't the "wow" I'm used to at Wokano.
- Maya's Sweet Sixteenjust4bdDined on 6/30/2013I attended my grand daughters sixteenth birthday. We were a group of 30 guests and had a great time. The food was excellent and staff was extremely friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to do a make over - TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013Need to do a make over - The place is a little run down - The Long Beach place is much better - The food was greatSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant.FridayVIPDined on 6/2/2013I made reservations for 12 people who hadn't seen each other in 20 years, and 20 people showed up. The staff was completely accommodating, and our waitress, Crystal, was attentive, professional, and delightful. We all stood around the table for 20 minutes catching up, and no one ever made us feel we we're a nuisance. The food is very good, drinks from the full bar are always great. Wokcano is a wonderful little spot in the heart of Old Town Pasadena. My friends are still talking about what a great time they had.Special Features:
- Good for GroupsCarlosThomasVIPDined on 3/18/2013They were able to take care of my team and the food was GREAT!!Special Features:
- Forget this one and try the othersNTrav25VIPDined on 1/18/2013We have eaten at the other Wokanos in Burbank, Downtown LA, and Long Beach and they all are great but this one in Old Town should be shut down! It's not deserved of the name. Service is horrible. The patio is shared with another bar where everyone is smoking and the staff does not care about the customer at all compared to the other locations. I even got a cell phone call 30 minutes into my meal from a ticked off hostess wondering if I still wanted my reservation? I told her I was already in their restaurant eating and SHE was even the one who sat us! I've never seen anything like it.Special Features:
- I have only dined at the WokcanoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/22/2012I have only dined at the Wokcano in DTLA and that the one in Pasadena is it's distant, low-budget cousin. sorry. but it was poorly decorated with outdated bamboo. the service was OK. food, aside spicy seafood soup (bad), was the same as DTLA's location. won't go back here again though...Special Features:
- Good sushi and other AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/15/2012Good sushi and other Asian dishes at reasonable prices. Service is always friendly, but also always slow.Special Features:
- The food is good- a wide selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/1/2012The food is good- a wide selection of sushi and Chinese dishes. Prices are very reasonable. Staff is always friendly, but usually inattentive. We had to get up and ask for our check. They also forgot to give us our points on open table despite telling them we had the reservation when we arrived. This is the second time they didn't give us credit. The food is good and prices are very reasonable, but service is always very slow. Just be prepared and dont come if you are in a hurry. We have come here several times and will probably he back again.Special Features:
- Good sushi, decent prices,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/18/2012Good sushi, decent prices, and other dishes are available for those who don't like sushi. The service is always very friendly, but often inattentive.Special Features:
- The nicest people you'll ever meetjeffmeistermusicVIPDined on 5/6/2012The service level here is outstanding. I can't recall a more attentive staff. The food, of course, is very good, and crosses a broad Pacific spectrum.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2012One of my favorite places to visit in Pasadena. We have become "regulars" - the staff know us by name. Awesome food, very unique ambiance, and very affordable! If you are on a tight budget come on Monday evenings - all drinks 1/2 price (and they mean ALL) and 1/2 price appetizers (not your typical bar appetizers either)!Special Features:
- This was our second time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/29/2012This was our second time eating there, and both times were great. Food was very good, service is good, and the prices are very reasonable. If you like sushi you have plenty of options. If you don't (like me) there are lots of classic chinese dishes that are available.Special Features:
- Good sushi for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/11/2012Good sushi for the price. Very reasonably priced. And if you don't like sushi (like me) there are lots of other foods that are also good. We will be coming back!Special Features:
- Very good sushi, I didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012Very good sushi, I didn't have to wait long for a table, and the service was fairly timely.Special Features:
- I love Wokcano! They haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2012I love Wokcano! They have delicious sake cocktails like the Superfly and their spicy crab meat temporal roll is to die for. Atmosphere is great and the staff is very nice. Our waitress Krystel was so nice.Special Features:
- Worst!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011Horrible service will NEVER dine here again! You would think the greeter would be alot more polite especially since she is the greeter and the 1st face you see before being seated. I would know this first hand because i work as a receptionist and anyone who does front desk would know that greeting properly is VERY imortant.And not to mention our server served us and never came back to the table to check if we were doing okay or needed anything we even had to flag her down to get our check.I had also put a comment in about singing Happy Birthday when i made reservations online because the whole point of me and my friends going was for my friends 24th birthday and they didn't even do that.Wokcano was the worst service iv'e definetley ever had
- Food was good but I just expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2011Food was good but I just expected so much more after reading so many good things about this place.
- I have been to Wokcano a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/21/2011I have been to Wokcano a few times but now that I actually like sushi I had an entirely different experience. My hubby and I went for a date night and opted for Wokcano over Sushi Roku to save $ and we were really happy with our decision. The food was great, especially the sashimi, service was great and quick. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.Live2eatDined on 4/17/2011The food was great and the service was the best. I would recommend this place to anyone. My son raved about this place and now I know he was right.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding, theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2011Service was outstanding, the food was decent, I really enjoyed the inside atmoshpere. It does take you to another place sometimes.Special Features:
- Awful awful awful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2011Awful awful awful service. Food was great but will never go there again.
- Fun and FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2011I really enjoyed my time at Wokano,my mother was very impressed and was truly surprised. Outside dining was fun but I feel like the restaurant is better suited for indoors dining. The tables were uneven and the amount of cigarette smoke from near by tables was unappetizing. The food was great and our server was Awesome. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2011The food was great and the price is reasonable! I tried the other locations as well, but I still prefer the Pasadena location.Special Features:
- We went for the Chinese and2bigeatersVIPDined on 2/22/2011We went for the Chinese and were not disappointed. The dished were served at a proper pace and each was steaming hot and tasty. The waiter was congenial and helpful. No complaints at all. Nice little local restaurant reasonably priced.Special Features: